AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2009-02-25, 15:47   Link #81
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I was a little disappointed that the Kyuubi took over Naruto, though I guess it was expected. However, the skeletal look of the 6-tail form is pretty awesome. I didn't think Naruto's body could handle a full transformation but maybe he could get all 9 tails. That would be insane. I'm still wondering how Naruto in this form will be able to deal with Shinra Tensei, seeing as how Naruto is pretty much a beast w/ no strategy in Kyuubi-mode. Raw power doesn't make much difference against Pein's technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
If Hinata lives then NaruHina happens. Just imagine turning down a girl who loves you so much she "died" for you?
Naruto: Wow, Hinata you were willing to give your life for me...that's.. that's amazing, I don't know how I can ever thank you enough.

Hinata: Would you like to go out with me for coffee?

Naruto: Uh, definitely! Oh man. Look at the time! I just remembered there's some... "stuff" I gotta take care of somewhere else, um, I'll call you though. Real soon. Thanks again for putting your life on the line so I wouldn't be a sacrifice for a crazy megalomaniac. Bye!

Quote:
I don't think he uses a technique to go 6-tails. The translation guy added that. His rage over Hinata is what finally makes him snap.
Yeah it's a paraody of DBZ Super Saiyan transformations.

Chou Kyuubi-jin 6 (Super Saiya-jin 3)

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 15:48   Link #82
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That's the very same question i've got... as i previously said, it seems that this is different to the previous transformations.

I can smell "that jutsu". I need the raw!!!!!
Jiraiya never saw six tails.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 16:05   Link #83
Fran~
floating away...

We dont know, there is no info about what training Naruto did in those years with Jiraiya.

As Kafriel said, let's wait and see...
Old 2009-02-25, 16:09   Link #84
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Bah, what are they going to do, banish him? They certainly can't kill him. Capture and restrain him? When he is a walking nuclear bomb? Please. As far as I am concerned, if he is able to hold of Pain, by himself, they are better off kissing his mutated, blood-chakra infused, poisonous ass.
Banish him? No. Stop him from ever being accepted in the village or becoming Hokage? Possibly.

This is a village that was willing to hate, shun, and wish violence on a baby, so I doubt they would be forgiving of a teenager becoming a 6-Tailed Kyuubi avatar causing havoc and destruction. And while they may not be able execute him or otherwise kick him out of Konoha, they sure as hell can separate him from the village (ala the Uchiha Clan) and silently ridicule and judge him (much the same as they did earlier in his life).

Going on a rampage may be fun during the short term, but the long term ramifications could be staggering.

Then again, Kishimoto could simply decide that Naruto need not worry about the ramifications of his decision (i.e. he will not be judged for unleashing the Kyuubi)...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-02-25 at 16:19.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 16:17   Link #85
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is a village that was willing to hate, shun, and wish violence on a baby, so I doubt they would be forgiving of a teenager becoming a 6-Tailed Kyuubi avatar causing havoc and destruction. And while they may not be able execute him or otherwise kick him out of Konoha, they sure as hell can separate him from the village (ala the Uchiha Clan) and silently ridicule and judge him (much the same as they did earlier in his life).

Going on a rampage may be fun during the short term, but the long term ramifications could be staggering.

Then again, Kishimoto could simply decide that Naruto need not worry about the ramifications of his decision (i.e. he will not be judge for unleashing the Kyuubi)...
Yeah but people were angry at the Kyuubi because of the huge amount of destruction he caused and the lives he cost. There's very little of Konoha to destroy at this point. And there aren't that many shinobi present to witness or be affected by Naruto in the tailed-form in any way. I don't think it was his decision to go Kyuubi either, I think he just lost control.

The only persons I can see being vindictive of Naruto are the elders and Danzou. They may could use Naruto going Kyuubi as propaganda against Tsunade.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 16:19   Link #86
james0246

^That is, more or less, what I said in the Chapter 436 Thread right before the 437 Thread was opened.
Old 2009-02-25, 16:23   Link #87
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
If Hinata lives then NaruHina happens. Just imagine turning down a girl who loves you so much she "died" for you? Naruto couldn't do it
Naruto: Hinata, because you were willing to die for me, despite the long time affections i have held for another girl and the fact that i barely ever talk to you, i will now love you even though i barely know anything about you... its just so amazing what you did, it was just like what Pa frog did... and y'know technically just about everyone else in the village who was willing to do the same seeing as many of them were willing to die rather than sell me out to Pain...

Ugh... the writing couldn't get much worse...
Really, usually when they set up those "died for you" kind of set ups the two characters in question have some kind of real preexisting relationship; they are generally at the point where they are on edge between friends and lovers, and the whole death thing is just the final push... Naruto and Hinata, those two barely ever talk; i'm surprised he didn't forget her name after not seeing her for 2.5 years (god knows i had friends whose names slipped my mind at first after not seeing them for so long)

and now, TVtropes related to a possible NaruHina pairing after this
Ships that Pass in the night- to refer to their horrible lack of interaction
Strangled By The RedString- to refer to how forced and contrived this would be
Tried to find one for falling in love after a heroic Sacrifice or taking the bullet sinc ei think that does happen a lot, but can't seem to find one

Though to be fair, killing off hinata could come off as Cleanign up Romantic Loose Ends- as in Kishi did not know how to resolve her feelings and thus found it simpler to just kill her off... grant it, Kishi would have to do that regardless for a non-NaruHina, but there are more pleasant and effective methods to do this than outright killing them off

There are good tropes to use, necessary tropes to be used and there are bad tropes, and having NaruHina result from this only brings up the negatives tropes...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 16:37   Link #88
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Considering that Naruto may be holding onto his consciousness, is this his answer to that jutsu. So much for his promises though, one Kyuubification, and all what he had worked for recently has ended in a bad looking way. If he can control his state at this level, though, it will be interesting to see how much closer he will get to 8-tails' form.

This chapter kills a few more, it seems. Ma-toad, poor Hinata. I wish the good characters would have been wasted that easily even long ago, at least two of them during rescue Sasuke mission, and one or two during the Chuunin exam. After saving those characters, killing the good ones that quickly, it almost feels like the story has caught a black fire. Even though the source for that fire is absent at the moment.
Old 2009-02-25, 16:41   Link #89
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, it is unclear if Hinata's speech is a monologue, or if she is speaking to Naruto. If she is speaking to Naruto, there is (in my opinion) a stronger chance that she might live, but if she is simply having an interior discussion, then I expect she is near death.
I'm 1000% sure that Kishimoto will never kill Hinata. Also 90% sure that Kakashi will be saved
Such "i'm going to suicide mission -> i'm dead -> miracle rescue by Tsunade/Sakura/whatever" story already happened in this manga, just remember Neji and Choji. We even have Gaara who was officially dead and then returned to life. As for Hinata, i think it will be Sakura who will save the future wife of the next hokage, and so she will be even more attached to Naruto.

I wonder if the partial kyuubi skeleton means that Kyuubi cannot materialize like the 8 tails did because only half of it is in Naruto and the other in some secret scroll. I think Naruto will have to control the kyuubi here because otherwise he will make even more destruction to the village instead of saving it. It may even be that Itachi's power will now manifest to regain the control, it's obvious that Itachi's sharingan power should be able to control kyuubi. Since both Ma' and Pa' are dead i don't expect that Naruto gets the "key" in the middle of this battle, but it might happen. Also it may be that the masked ANBU who was with Tsunade is Yamato and he will help, but it's very unlikely since there's no ninja who is able to even approach the battle ground and survive.

It was already interesting to see that Naruto didn't go kyuubi-mode because of the destruction of the village and death of Kakashi, in the beginning of part two he did that even when a former enemy was killed by akatsuki. I didn't expect that Kishimoto will go so far as killing even the old toads and killing Hinata (even if she is not dead) just to make naruto angry above all limits. I mean any normal person (anyone of us on this forum) would go kyuubi-mode if we were in Naruto's place, Naruto just lost almost everybody closest to him in a matter of minutes and he couldn't do anything.

Is there still another Naruto kagebunshin for a final sage mode or did it disappear because Naruto lost the control of his mind to the kyuubi?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 16:45   Link #90
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

It's a real shame. Right now Naruto is going beserk and is going to give every single villager/survivor or shinobi the reason to hate him. He's going to destroy Konoha even more...
You know....Naruto might just get banished. Untill Danzou's ruling time is over..
Old 2009-02-25, 16:46   Link #91
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I'm thinking that skeleton thing is restraining Kyubi somehow...but I mean the 8 tails dude can hold onto himself...why not Naruto?
Old 2009-02-25, 16:51   Link #92
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

At the end, it feels like Naruto and his partner's deteriorating affect on him will be stopped by the other Konoha nin before Pain tries something else. Even though I would have preferred him to regain control in that state, or go back to normal himself (after a mutual agreement favoring Naruto more), based on the story flow, there is a good chance the other Konoha nin will find Nagato before he captures Naruto (Konan will most likely be the one to greet them).

Considering that the 8-tails is still free, Naruto getting captured like that does not seem right (even though his capture would end with an escape).

And, again, the question is still there. Where is Yamato? I can understand Gai team going on a mission and being absent from the action, but, for Yamato, an Anbu mission at this critical time! And of course, we have yet to see Sai too. Even though his presence may not mean much, but if he had decided to change his ways, isn't this the right time to join the action instead of waiting with Danzou to break down the path he had willingfully chosen to walk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I'm thinking that skeleton thing is restraining Kyubi somehow...
That skeleton definitely has some meaning, but considering that it looks more like a skeleton you would expect Kyuubi to have, maybe the transformation has actually gone beyond the 6-tails level, and that is the step Kyuubi has to take to prepare for the next level.
Old 2009-02-25, 17:00   Link #93
Zek
Eyebrows...

I don't think the village can afford to be incredibly picky about how they get rid of Pain at this point, and at least Naruto is in the middle of a big empty crater. I can certainly see this incident blocking him from being Hokage until the Kyuubi situation is resolved though. Maybe the scroll frog will be able to help with that?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 17:06   Link #94
james0246

I just figured out the ultimate ending for the Hina/Naru/Saku debate, since Hinata is lying in a pool of her blood dying, Sakura will come and perform Chiyo-chan's Life exchange Jutsu, letting Kishimoto set-up for 100% certainty that the major ship will be Hina/Naru, while also getting rid of the main competition (Sakura). Oh what a delightlful fuck-you that would be for all Naru/Saku fans.

@Ero-Senn1n: Why does Hinata being alive have a 1000% certainty value? Only the anime loves Hinata, Kishimoto has never expressed any interest in her as a character. Hell, Pa Toad has received more actualized charater development than Hinata, and if he dies (and he is still a flat 2 dimensional character, at best), I see no reason why a tertiary character like Hinata cannot die (Shizune, another tertiary characters, has already died in the invasion, so there is no real reason to keep Hinata alive simply becuase she likes the main character (Hinata can become the Eponine (for a literary description) or Scheris (for an anime description) of the Naruto series )).

Last edited by james0246; 2009-02-25 at 17:18.
Old 2009-02-25, 17:18   Link #95
Viron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm still wondering how Naruto in this form will be able to deal with Shinra Tensei, seeing as how Naruto is pretty much a beast w/ no strategy in Kyuubi-mode. Raw power doesn't make much difference against Pein's technique.
I dont know if Naruto will be a threat for Pain now. But I also can't see a way to capture (not kill) Naruto in 6-Tail-Form with Deva Pains abilities. He could destroy him like the village, but that's not his intention. I think they will fight until the other ninjas find Pains real body. Or someone will have the idea to summon Narutos last KB. Maybe this will get him out of 6-Tails.

Hinata? I don't think she is dead.
Kakashi? I think he used up all his chakra und will end up in hospital like always. Maybe his days as a ninja are over.
Old 2009-02-25, 17:20   Link #96
Kaiba

Quote:
Yeah but people were angry at the Kyuubi because of the huge amount of destruction he caused and the lives he cost. There's very little of Konoha to destroy at this point.
Doesn't matter how much the Kyubii destroys at this point in time - there is little doubt that the village has very painful memories of that thing, and seeing a mini-Kyubii run amok will retrigger said memories. I frankly would compare it to if someone went waving a Nazi flag in a poor Jewish village - while he may not hurt anyone in doing so, (and he will definitely do less harm than a beserk Kyubii), the people in the village would be infuriated because of the memories that would be associated with it.

Quote:
And there aren't that many shinobi present to witness or be affected by Naruto in the tailed-form in any way. I don't think it was his decision to go Kyuubi either, I think he just lost control.
What are you talking? They all know he went into Sage, they will definitely notice him going into Kyubii. Naruto is close enough to the battlefield that people can see what is going on, otherwise Hinata would never have jumped in. They will definitely notice the Kyubii.

And the fact that he lost control is once again irrelevant - people will see him running amok as Kyubii, and will be unhappy about it. I think that the average person on the street, who knows little about Naruto, will be pissed. Those who actually know the guy may think differently, but a lot of people will be unhappy.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 17:25   Link #97
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Raw power doesn't make much difference against Pein's technique.
That form has two main advantages. The high density of chakra making it difficult for Pain to use his gravity pull (or push) techniques effectively. And second, trying to stop that form by using his own body will backfire, because of the chakra's nature. Pain has to do whatever he needs to do from a long distance, since that form has the power to alter its shape and create mid-range extensions. Considering that the 6-tails should be more powerful than the 4-tails, the damage it can give, and the distance it can reach may be higher too. Of course, here, I am not taking into account the possibility of Naruto using that shoot-a-chakra-bullet technique considering the place he is in, but, with that, there is no way Pain can stop it.
Old 2009-02-25, 17:26   Link #98
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viron View Post
I dont know if Naruto will be a threat for Pain now. But I also can't see a way to capture (not kill) Naruto in 6-Tail-Form with Deva Pains abilities. He could destroy him like the village, but that's not his intention. I think they will fight until the other ninjas find Pains real body. Or someone will have the idea to summon Narutos last KB. Maybe this will get him out of 6-Tails.
It's pretty much certain Nagato has something up his sleeve. None of the paths showed they could harm a jinchuuriki except Deva (none of the bodies showed they could get past the chakra cloud with the level of their attacks) with Shinra Tensei, but then, he would need to send KN on the moon to damage him.
Nagato had to know this and be prepared for this situation. We'll see either a Rinnegan doujutsu, a sealing jutsu or some high level jutsu performed by Nagato

Quote:
Hinata? I don't think she is dead.
Kakashi? I think he used up all his chakra und will end up in hospital like always. Maybe his days as a ninja are over.
I think Kakashi is reported as "out of chakra" while Shizune and Fukasaku are reported as "dead" in the new chapter apparently, so it means Kakashi will live through that.
As for Hinata, if she was close to Naruto, I don't see how she can survive KN6. Simply going into KN4 sent trees flying.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 17:28   Link #99
zibi88

First of all we dont know Hinatas status officialy... its only speculation that she is dead now.... just like with Kakashi.... if she is really dead than Kishi made many fans f****g angry ^^ (me included in the group)

Still the part with pains eye gone wierd was strange so maybe he missed vital point on Hinata.... so she is bleeding like naruto and he thinks that she is dead becouse pain said so... there is hope that its heavy injury or critical injury like it was with neji...

Hard to tell anything without seeing the scene and only rely on the spoiler text.... (anyway the spoiler was not confirmed yet.... simply somone could made up the Hinata part :P)

Other thing is about Kyuubi... well 8tails manifested in perfect form of that bull with tentacles.... so Kyuubi with more tails is manifesting itself with crating body similar to orginal look.... now naruto is useing only 6 from 9 tails and a skeleton appeared... each level higher will mostly create another part of that kyuubi body.... flesh,muscles...fur like on the picture the behind legs bones were still in process of creating so we dont know how far the transformation will go

We dont know if naruto released 6tails in 1go or was it fast tail after tail appearing with some kind of jutsu...... or the trigger was pain of seeing Hinata dieing (right after she told him that she really loves him so much) or at least that is how he saw.....

The skeleton actualy I think might help naruto to move in this kyuubi chakra state.... like he was kinda unable to move in 4tailed form.... but now he has a strong skeleton to make it able to move since chakra is attached to bones (and the skeleton has joints so it would be able to hold the weight of naruto).... foxes are fast and mobile creatures so I kinda feel that now naruto will be albe to move..... so he later could go outside konoha and destroy whole mountain where Nagato might be hideing XD

I leave with hope that Hinata is not dead (but at the edge) and at the end she will be saved thx to Tsunade and Sakura (like Tsunade wants to protect naruto from the pain of loseing someone important to him again.... just like she lost Dan).... Hinata doesnt deserve to die... not after she went agains Deva where everyone was scared to come close to.... Naruto was stabbed by many rods of pain and he lived.... Kakashi was stabbed he lived..... Jiraya was VERY much stabbed and he forced himself to life.... hope is out there ;] (but for that we need a picture to see if it was 1rod or few [few means closer to death] )..... pain kinda stabbed an unconscious Hinata and naruto saw her bleeding.... but he didnt checked is she has pulse or anything.... he listened that pain said that his parents died the same way....blabla.... naruto belived and go crazy ^^

TeamGai should move their asses.... the same neji should see Hinata and call for backup to help her as the head of hyuuga clan......

Naruto cant feel her chakra since he is not in sage mode.....we dont know if he is able to control 6tails or lost his mind.... if he didnt lost his mind completly maybe he could protect Hinata there and force pain to go further away from her location so others could take her from the ground...... Kyuubi wont attack someone who looks like dead.... he will attack moveing target since its more fun xD (maybe it could listen to narutos emotions and dont hurt Hianta there... since thx to her he can play now)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 17:37   Link #100
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Spoiler for Bit of a clearer translation:
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote