AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-25, 07:42   Link #21
EoT
~~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 25
I can only assume he's going to fully transform to thrash Ichigo to pieces.

I really pray Kubo is thinking in this direction..
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 07:54   Link #22
Hitsugaya_Toushiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
now i want Unohana to appear, use bankai and fight Ulquiorra

so then

Kyoraku vs Stark
Ukitake vs Halibel
Yamamoto vs Barragan

the 4 oldest and powerful captains vs the 4 vastolorde espadas
Hitsugaya_Toushiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 07:55   Link #23
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Wait wait...what? Ichigo best be drenched in blood and bruises as well as having his mask broken because me no likey those spoilers.

If Ulquiorra transforms again then it is over kill to the max, he was doing just as well in his previous form. Oh snap...I think Kubo is performing: One Winged Angel
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan

Last edited by Cub-Sama; 2009-02-25 at 08:12.
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 08:04   Link #24
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Cero is the name of weakness, you should have known by now
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 09:44   Link #25
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I don't understand why people are acting like they want Ichigo to lose? Are you actually cheering for the bad guys? I'm seriously confused.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 09:54   Link #26
Arachne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I don't see an issue with that. I typically prefer "bad guys" over "good guys" in most mediums from Anime to live action american shows. It's not as if they won't lose regardless anyway. People cheer for characters they like.

In this case, while I think Ulq looks cool I have no real investment in him as a character. Not to mention, I sort of like Ichigo more. Though, to be honest I don't care who wins because I am more interested in The Shinigami Captains vs The Espada fights anyway.
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 10:05   Link #27
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
I don't see an issue with that. I typically prefer "bad guys" over "good guys" in most mediums from Anime to live action american shows. It's not as if they won't lose regardless anyway. People cheer for characters they like.

In this case, while I think Ulq looks cool I have no real investment in him as a character. Not to mention, I sort of like Ichigo more. Though, to be honest I don't care who wins because I am more interested in The Shinigami Captains vs The Espada fights anyway.
Umm...I guess I can't argue with that . I just think that its is weird to prefer the bad guys to the good guys. Maybe its because I've known too many real life bad guys. To each his own.

I'm not that interested in the Captains fight because if kubo actually stands true to his own power structure then the captains shouldn't have a chance. I don't want to watch chapter after chapter of them getting their asses whooped.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 10:24   Link #28
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Cheering for the good guys is passť these days, Sinta. Ya gotta get with the times! I'm more interested in this fight as well. Stark vs Shunsui is the only battle that interests me *right now* going on in Karakura.

Guess the power difference wasn't vast enough already, so Ulq decided to finish his transformation. I'm feeling that Ulq isn't even trying to win anymore, just trying to prove a point.

Oh and that cero was weak. Is KT suffering from retrograde amnesia? It's like every new chapter he forgets that Orihime said 'Kurosaki-kun' last chapter, that cero did f*ck all last chapter.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 10:28   Link #29
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I don't understand why people are acting like they want Ichigo to lose? Are you actually cheering for the bad guys? I'm seriously confused.
Its not that im cheering for the bad guys i just like ulquiorra more than i do ichigo mainly because of all the progression in this manga and he still only has one darn attack
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 10:29   Link #30
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
I don't like cheering for the good guys because the good guys have gotten really annoying in some cases, I have been begging for the bad guys to win against the Power Rangers since I was 8/9. They are too cliche except for Lelouch who I was cheering for the whole time.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:09   Link #31
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I guess i'm behind on the times because as far as I can see Ulq is a bastard. Aizen is a narassitic sadist, and who even knows what gin is all about. Ulq has only used a cero and that little light sword? How is he anymore interesting? How is he any different then Byukaku? "I'm more powerful then you? Why do you fight me? Blah Blah Blah" Kakashi, you bring up a a good point. I think that you've hit on the head that this is more a battle of idealogy than anything. Ulq seems to be of the opinion that if you can't for sure win. That you should not even try, or something along those lines. Ichigo seems to be embodying the "human spirit" with this fight. Still makes me wonder how he's going to pull it off.

I do see your points concerning Ichigo. He needs some need techniques and a power up. Also, a second release for the mask wouldn't surprise me.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:10   Link #32
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Wow, the new summary is out and,and...god it's so lame....so cero colour doesn't make a difference after all, it's as useless as always (has ANYONE ever died from a cero that is supposed "not to leave an atom"?)
Iba.

Maybe.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:41   Link #33
Hitsugaya_Toushiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Iba.

Maybe.

Luppi & Menoly (but Orihime resurrected her)
Hitsugaya_Toushiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:48   Link #34
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
The espada that replaced Grimm died from a cero. What was his name? Lippi? I think.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:54   Link #35
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Why are people saying a second release? Why couldn't he have just not finished his release, like Geta's post implies. it not like he was pushed to the point he needed to use a 'second release'.
Oi?! How many Espada did you see finish their releases? :stare:

Because Arrancar are hollows with Shingami powers.

Shinigami have a BOTH. Zomari had Kidou-based abilities. Why is it in inconceivable? Arrancar have a Zanpakutou.just like they do. The only difference is they combine. Bankai is also hard to achieve...So the top Four (Kubo has a thing for the number 4) has two releases.

When it comes to Arrancar, the stronger you---THE MORE HUMAN you are.

If his released, released form-- got more Humanoid. It will be an indication of strength...

I said before I think the mask is another Zanpakutou. I think its actually in Shikai. The half-hollow form will probably be its Bankai. Since Hollows can't use powers exactly like a Shinigami---Ichigo will combine with his Mask the same way.

Its been fun guys.... Until we meet again
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:54   Link #36
Arachne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Cheering for the good guys is passť these days, Sinta. Ya gotta get with the times!
Mostly because we live in a more free-thinking society than previous generations and people are less inclined to cheer the "good guys" because they are "good". A lot of people are turned off by Lelouch's narcissism and before I became a lulu fanatic so was I. I don’t see that as a bad thing either because he can be sickeningly narcissistic. Setsuna from G00 was also horribly boring because he had almost no semblance of a personality during season 1. Aizen, on the other hand, I don’t like because I just never connected with him as a character. Though I do like Ichigo in spite of his lack of fancy abilities.

Quote:
Its not that im cheering for the bad guys i just like ulquiorra more than i do ichigo mainly because of all the progression in this manga and he still only has one darn attack
I think we will see him pull something new out of his ass.
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:04   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I don't understand why people are acting like they want Ichigo to lose? Are you actually cheering for the bad guys? I'm seriously confused.
This is not my belief or opinion more so to say I dont practice this philosophy . But yes the general trend these day among tweens is to think to bad is cool and good is lame . So most of the time they will be cheering for bad thinking it makes them look badass , though they may not be kitten killers . Other than a classic case of nerd rage and transcending the the thin line between fiction and reality. The bad epitomizes there urges to be cool ... and more so has to do with monkey see monkey do ...

Absurdity best defined was the word plotkai coined just to vent frustration at good guys winning . Initially too I was bewildered and amused at this trend . As well, shonen fiction derives its ethos from heroes and villains . And yes when we do subscribe to this fiction we are rooting for good guys . Same here old school mentality when I do root for an anti-hero characters I tend to read seinen or fiction which all characters are Grey rather than black and white .

This trend is further fueled by manga-kas breaking the envelope on whats tolerable whats not when it comes to antagonist . As he is bound by chains when it comes to the protagonist . But I still cant get over the fact which is hilarious in the belief rooting for bad guys makes us look badass. If I wear my Freud glasses for a minute can be explained by the rebel streak among teenagers which 'we' back in the day vented out with rock music or being a punks in general .
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:13   Link #38
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
I think some bad guys are attractive. I have rooted for the bad guys. Light is my favorite anti hero. Some bad guys are just cool! Lets leave at that!!

Please discuss Bleach! I am trying to have some fun here.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:24   Link #39
Arachne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
This is not my belief or opinion more so to say I dont practice this philosophy . But yes the general trend these day among tweens is to think to bad is cool and good is lame .
If that were so then Crona, Maka, Death the Kid, Black Star, and Stein wouldn't be the most popular characters in SE. I am not sure to who subscribes to this trend, but I haven't noticed people cheering for Aizen in order to feel "badass". Aizen looks cool and he's intelligent not to mention he's very strong. I agree there are people who do that, but not to the degree you seem to be implying.

What do you mean by "tolerable?" Is there a guideline that Mangka must subscribe to when molding a bad guy? Do you have a link?
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:24   Link #40
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
DN is a horrid example other than its not classic shonen. More so can be classified as shojo in my books, with utter lack of females, just like its new avtaar Hitman Reborn . All characters are Grey not clear cut black and white .

The problem doesn't lie with rooting cheering to certain subset of character . The problem lies with whining which follows when these guys dont win. And thats absurd simply for the reason its a story for Good vs Evil.Wait a few more weeks and observe yourself . There will be a shit-storm when Ichigo wins : D


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
If that were so then Crona, Maka, Death the Kid, Black Star, and Stein wouldn't be the most popular characters in SE. I am not sure to who subscribes to this trend, but I haven't noticed people cheering for Aizen in order to feel "badass". Aizen looks cool and he's intelligent not to mention he's very strong. I agree there are people who do that, but not to the degree you seem to be implying.
Sorry I lost interest in Soul Eater when the focus on characters remained kids . And your point all these characters are good guys . And Aizen by far is the lamest villain in shonen history ... I just cant get enough of Just as planned . Even at the end of the manga when Ichigo wins Aizen will go "just as planned "

Link Proof do you think Ichigo Naruto Luffy can do what the bad guys are doing betray friends, kill loved ones ....
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.