AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-27, 18:24   Link #161
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 28
^ Theres something going on between that guy on the right with red glasses and that orange long-haired girl that was crying....

Its seems like they have their own little drama going on behind the scenes!
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 18:33   Link #162
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
This was quite an interesting episode, people actually getting physical. Haven't quite seen this side of Toradora too much, I wonder if the rest of this series will head down a darker and darker road.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 18:38   Link #163
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I think Kitamura is dense, but he has suspicions regarding Taiga and Minori. I mean, Taiga no longer pines for him, and she stays away from Ryuuji. Even denseness has its limits, I should think.
physics223 is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 18:42   Link #164
ElementSun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Wow, I just realized the director for Toradora is also the director for Mushi Shi...

<3
ElementSun is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 18:46   Link #165
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
i greatly enjoyed this ep. didn't particularly like the aspect where Taiga admitted her feelings, because i didn't want the show to go this way, but the mechanics of the ep were great.

and the fight. holy crap. not as good as the Taiga vs. Kanu fight, but much more powerful in driving the plot forward. we get to see the two sides of Ami this ep, along with her getting a lot of screen time (huzzah!!!). Her caring side and her jealous side. we probably won't see it, but i wanted her to tell Minorin how lucky she is that Ryuuji likes her, and how wrong she was at turning him down. because Ami would have killed for that chance.

Ryuuji again sent the wrong signal to Minorin by stopping her from going after Taiga, giving the impression that he likes her. definitely a darker ep that we're used to, but its excellent none the less.

oh, and the practical joke the guys played on Ryuuji is something my friends and i would do.. haha. oh college.. how you corrupt thee..

capt, what anime is that in your avie?
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 18:56   Link #166
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I was so gonna go to sleep before midnight but the YouTube subs kinda screwed me over on that plan.

Leaving aside comments on the actual episode until I'm a bit more awake (save that it was great) I noticed something about the ED (well, other than the obvious).

You know at the end, the part of the song that goes Suki da yo... nakeru yo... suki da yo... suki da yo... and it's all three of them singing together, right? And then after that it just ends.

After I noticed I went and checked. Episode 20, 18, and 17, all were like that. This episode included the extra "Suki da yo" from the full song at the very end, the line sung by Kugimiya Rie alone.

Kind of obvious implications there but I really need sleep right now so...
woah nice catch, kinda skipped to the preview cuz i wanted to know what was next and missed that part, darn.

that's nice how they snuck that in :O. As much of an amixryuuji fan i am...i can't help but say that this episode's ending somewhat tugged at my heart and really let me feel for the taiga x ryuuji ending...s0 cuteee
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 18:59   Link #167
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind you >:)
Age: 17
Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
This is one of my favroite episodes of Toradora. it just shows so much more emotion than what you would expect to see in an episode of the anime
I also love the fight beetween Minori and Ami.
__________________

Chaho-Chi is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 18:59   Link #168
yuki87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 27
10/10 very good episode, the confession was perfect even though the whole Taiga fell down the hill and no one notices wasn't very plausible, I still loved it. Go go Taiga x Ryuuji!
yuki87 is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:06   Link #169
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
wait a second, why does everyone say taiga slipping down the hill = not plausible? The slope looked somewhat steep to me, and if anything, it's very possible for her to slip, hit her head on one of the trees and get knocked out. What is there not to believe? I mean, sure the timing is a bit iffy, and the fact that no one realized at that point to look down in that area when they noticed she was gone is a bit meh, but still, it's definitely possible for her to slip and get hurt.
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:11   Link #170
weksa
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
What I found not plausible was that Minorin saw skid marks in the snow on that slope. The blizzard should have covered up any skid marks.

(Sure I'm being picky, but it's only because the scene was so serious. If it was a typical anime comedic situation, then heck pigs can fly for all I care.)
weksa is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:15   Link #171
puppygod
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Warsaw, PL
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
wait a second, why does everyone say taiga slipping down the hill = not plausible? The slope looked somewhat steep to me, and if anything, it's very possible for her to slip, hit her head on one of the trees and get knocked out. What is there not to believe? I mean, sure the timing is a bit iffy, and the fact that no one realized at that point to look down in that area when they noticed she was gone is a bit meh, but still, it's definitely possible for her to slip and get hurt.
I think it's "camera" angle. You can see clearly her traces, so instinctively people think that trace is clearly visible. They just don't realize, that it's clearly visible from point of view hanging somewhere in air well away from slope.

For people on other side, being kinda busy with two good girls fighting and with dozen of people running around and trampling any footprints it might be less obvious.

ETA - actually, I think that Taiga tripped climbing over fence and then tumbled down under trees, hitting her head in the process. It would be very... Taiga-like. She's so doji.
puppygod is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:25   Link #172
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by weksa View Post
I may be stretching the following...

The field trip activity of "skiing" sounds much like "suki."
No, I thought the same thing. Almost certainly not a coincidence.
__________________
Raiga is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:33   Link #173
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by weksa View Post
What I found not plausible was that Minorin saw skid marks in the snow on that slope. The blizzard should have covered up any skid marks.

(Sure I'm being picky, but it's only because the scene was so serious. If it was a typical anime comedic situation, then heck pigs can fly for all I care.)
yeah i saw that part too, but decided to just ignore that fact, maybe the blizzard JUST started ;P
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:35   Link #174
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by weksa View Post


Here, Kitamura is holding that look for so long, and then the following time we see him he's deep in thought -- it makes me wonder if he made a connection between the fact that Ryuuji likes Minorin and Taiga's New Year's prayer to the God of Broken Hearts. In addition, I'm also curious whether Kitamura is simple-minded and wants to clear things up between Ryuuji and Minorin, or if he's possibly trying to do something as the God of Broken Hearts -- for Ryuuji's sake as well as Taiga's.
I am so glad someone else noticed this weird Kitamura moment (There's so many moments in this episode I keep thinking about but I keep forgetting about them when I come on the boards), I keep trying to make sense of which angle shocked him:

- He's surprised that he didn't know his friend as well as he thought.
- That he likes Minori in particular.

Is this shocked look described at all in the book or is this an anime original?
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:46   Link #175
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I am so glad someone else noticed this weird Kitamura moment (There's so many moments in this episode I keep thinking about but I keep forgetting about them when I come on the boards), I keep trying to make sense of which angle shocked him:

- He's surprised that he didn't know his friend as well as he thought.
- That he likes Minori in particular.

Is this shocked look described at all in the book or is this an anime original?
i was thinking the same thing as those two things, but the 3rd thing that popped in my head was "what? why would minorin reject you?"

and the 4th thing was , "oh dear g0d, taiga loves you though, is that why she asked me to..."

u know?
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 19:50   Link #176
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i was thinking the same thing as those two things, but the 3rd thing that popped in my head was "what? why would minorin reject you?"

and the 4th thing was , "oh dear g0d, taiga loves you though, is that why she asked me to..."

u know?
You're right, it's gotta be the third option. If it's the fourth and Taiga told him how she felt I doubt he'd go out of his way to push Minori and Ryuuji together. Besides that, he'd be able to tell right away why Minori rejected Ryuuji.

Edit: I just went back and looked at the scene, he had the shocked expression before Ryuuji told the group that he'd already been rejected. From the way the conversation went, it sounds like all he said before the "Eh" at the beginning of the scene was that he likes Kushieda.

Another thing I just thought of, isn't it weird that he withheld this secret from his friends for over a year but so freely revealed it when given the opportunity?
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 20:08   Link #177
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
This episode was so fucking delicious.

Every god damn thing hit the fan at full force, man oh man what a rush this episode was.



That face is fantastic, that's honest to god anger in her face, her disgust of Minori here is practically BLEEDING off and forming puddles on the floor.

Soooo good.

This show is so god damn fucking good.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 20:18   Link #178
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
You're right, it's gotta be the third option. If it's the fourth and Taiga told him how she felt I doubt he'd go out of his way to push Minori and Ryuuji together. Besides that, he'd be able to tell right away why Minori rejected Ryuuji.

Edit: I just went back and looked at the scene, he had the shocked expression before Ryuuji told the group that he'd already been rejected. From the way the conversation went, it sounds like all he said before the "Eh" at the beginning of the scene was that he likes Kushieda.

Another thing I just thought of, isn't it weird that he withheld this secret from his friends for over a year but so freely revealed it when given the opportunity?
Hmm...number 3 is still plausible, they said "minorin? like kushieda minorin" and he's like yeah what other kushieda's are there?" He might've already pointed out that he got rejected, but repeated everything.

That or, what i thought about option number 4, the fact that he's like "oh crap, you like minorin, but taiga loves you too..."

and i believe he DOES know taiga loves him because she goes to ask him to take away her feelings, she might've already pointed out which feelings. I honestly think he DOES know, i think he's shocked that ryuuji actually likes minorin, idk it's hard to tell, the way they phrased things, he could be shocked at a different bunch of things...
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 20:25   Link #179
weksa
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
You're right, it's gotta be the third option. If it's the fourth and Taiga told him how she felt I doubt he'd go out of his way to push Minori and Ryuuji together. Besides that, he'd be able to tell right away why Minori rejected Ryuuji.
That makes a lot of sense. The first words when Kitamura stands up are, "All right, let's go!" (where?) "To find out (why she rejected you, because I don't get it)."

Quote:
Another thing I just thought of, isn't it weird that he withheld this secret from his friends for over a year but so freely revealed it when given the opportunity?
It is weird. Maybe it's the atmosphere of a trip. Yenno, girls having girl talks about guys, guys having guy talks about girls... which already happens in the school setting, but it always seems to be extra significant on trips.
weksa is offline  
Old 2009-02-27, 20:28   Link #180
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah i saw that part too, but decided to just ignore that fact, maybe the blizzard JUST started ;P
Well, it's not just the skid marks, the fence on that part was also half knocked down. That's not something a blizzard would cover up.
__________________
Raiga is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.