AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 77 49.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 33.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.64%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-27, 04:57   Link #21
Tiberium Wolf

Nooooooooooooooo! What happened to you Botan???? You look freaking evil!!!
Old 2009-02-27, 06:42   Link #22
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Subs are out, by the way.
Old 2009-02-27, 06:45   Link #23
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@Myssa Rei
Well, the conventional Kaguya-hime of the myth I suppose, not the NEET Kaguya of Touhou lore. Ushio should be able to handle the reading, although somehow I keep putting Akki and Sanae in the place of the elderly couple when I think about it.

@Tiberium Wolf
And I don't see Botan as an abomination at all. For a boar, Botan is actually very small! For a 5-6 years old boar to be this size... I am guessing that Botan's around 170pound/70kgish, stands shorter than Ushio at a height of maybe 2.5 feet/ 70ishcm and a length of 3-3.5ft/ 100-115cm? Kyou seems to keep Botan rather fit at that.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-02-27, 06:51   Link #24
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Kaguya ain't a NEET (ref. Cage of Lunatic Runagate), it's just a bad meme gotten out of control, haha.

Since the subs are out, is it safe now to talk about what happened in the episode?
Old 2009-02-27, 07:11   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Nooooooooooooooo! What happened to you Botan???? You look freaking evil!!!
Yeah. I thought he was a completely different boar.

Spoiler for Episode 20:

This delivers is what i want to see, so another 10/10 from me.
Old 2009-02-27, 07:55   Link #26
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Well Fuko's appearance in the later episode probably made up for the lack of her ninja events in the earlier part of this season.

And Kyou became less tsuntsun. Tomoya should have just told Ushio about what she would look if she is spinning a magic wand.

And Botan is HUUUGGGGEEEE. No more "puhi", but "gofu" instead. And LOL at kindergarten pet.

I believe Ushio's illness has got something to do with a dysfunctional immune system from birth. Sanae and Akio probably had the inactive genes which are activated when they gave birth to Nagisa, and passed onto Ushio as a result.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:37   Link #27
Kristen
*Author

Seems like there isn't much left to spoil anymore, lol.

Great episode. I could tell that Kyoani was trying to buy a little bit of time with this episode to extend the plot a tiny bit, since they played two insert songs with flashbacks and stuff, but they did it in such a way that it was hard to notice.

I still think Kyou would be absolutely terrifying as a kindergarten teacher, and a teacher with a boar would be even scarier.

And Ushio goes on strolls on her own? She's 5, for God's sake... Didn't papa Tomoyo teach her that bad things could happen while taking a stroll? Meeting Fuuko, for instance.

Looking forward to next week. Can't believe I'm going to be on vacation the Friday of the last episode... Ug.

Also, was it this episode or last episode that they changed Tomoya's father's moonwalking self in the ED into the younger version?

Probably an 8/10 from me. It wasn't anything too special.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:53   Link #28
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
I still think Kyou would be absolutely terrifying as a kindergarten teacher, and a teacher with a boar would be even scarier.
Look on the bright side. She might have taught the whole class how to use lambda drive dictionary......... or is that a bad thing

禁則事項です
Old 2009-02-27, 08:54   Link #29
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
You should be GLAD that she is not a NURSE like her twin. At least she is dealing with little children who have Kotomi's level of EQ and slow to understanding her mean jabs at other people.

And yes, she is terrifying. But she is less inclined towards her tsuntsun side and a little more patient than before.

But as we can see, there is still subtle fanservice of her in the anime. Her butt when she stood up from the bench to greet the child's mother.

And it seems that she is still in contact with Youhei. I wish they are engaged. Both are straightforward and good-hearted people, sure enough to make a good match.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:57   Link #30
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
@Tiberium Wolf
And I don't see Botan as an abomination at all. For a boar, Botan is actually very small! For a 5-6 years old boar to be this size... I am guessing that Botan's around 170pound/70kgish, stands shorter than Ushio at a height of maybe 2.5 feet/ 70ishcm and a length of 3-3.5ft/ 100-115cm? Kyou seems to keep Botan rather fit at that.
I meant that he lost his cool adorable factor.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:00   Link #31
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Look on the bright side. She might have taught the whole class how to use lambda drive dictionary......... or is that a bad thing
She can teach them the laws of physics.

Dictionaries thrown will have an upwards projectory, as evident in episode 1.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:02   Link #32
kenecix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
For self defence purpose maybe not bad :x but they need her accuracy first :P
Old 2009-02-27, 09:21   Link #33
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
She can teach them the laws of physics.

Dictionaries thrown will have an upwards projectory, as evident in episode 1.
But due to air-resistance, her dictionary can curve towards the right. Is she a left hander?

Old 2009-02-27, 09:23   Link #34
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And it seems that she is still in contact with Youhei. I wish they are engaged. Both are straightforward and good-hearted people, sure enough to make a good match.
Shipping is bad. The pairing you mentioned would make the world of CLANNAD implode.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:25   Link #35
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I believe Ushio's illness has got something to do with a dysfunctional immune system from birth. Sanae and Akio probably had the inactive genes which are activated when they gave birth to Nagisa, and passed onto Ushio as a result.
Or, *gasp*, the TOWN is out to teach Tomoya a lesson! Genius Loci much?

Seriously though, Fuuko's antics combined with Ushio's cuteness is quite fearsome. I think it's quite sad though, that Fuuko doesn't remember Nagisa at all, despite almost being a best friend to her, nor does Tomoya remember Fuuko's misadventures.

And, holy crud, Ushio! Honey, wandering around the city unsupervised is DANGEROUS.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:38   Link #36
Nosauz

holy shit, I loved this episode, not just because my beloved kyou was in there all hot and bothered but also because usually I find fuuko antics boring and not always fun, this time I had a blast. I felt this weeks episode demonstrated a lot of the father daughter bond that has recently built up which is great. Akio v Tomoya stuff is always awesome. The only weak part, was probably the end of the episode, I think a better way of building suspense should of had the day of the event, showing the relay with two different home stretch runners, leaving the viewer to speculate as to what happened. It would be similar to the kyou suprise, which even though I knew was gonna happen, didn't make any less special.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:48   Link #37
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Maybe it's for the best that Fuuko doesn't remember about Nagisa. If the two can recall the events of that segment, I don't think Fuuko would be all that energetic when she's with Ushio.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-02-27, 10:04   Link #38
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the scene where tomoya sings to ushio... sniff
both of them falling asleep holding the dango pillow... sniff
damn you kyoani
i'm a 24 year old guy
im not suppose to cry like a little girl
Old 2009-02-27, 10:21   Link #39
Ruhisu
Tomoyo/Kotomi/Fuko fan

True I'm 22 and I was also crying in this scene.
But I would like to say one ne thing.
Damn you kyouani! Don't you dare to do anything to Ushio!

It was great to see Kyou after a long time, I like her very much as a Fujibayashi sensei, however she was my favourite character in the past but now she got some more points from me
About Fuko....
Yep... she is a very normal alien indeed XD
Old 2009-02-27, 10:21   Link #40
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the scene where tomoya sings to ushio... sniff
both of them falling asleep holding the dango pillow... sniff
damn you kyoani
i'm a 24 year old guy
im not suppose to cry like a little girl
One must not defy manly tears.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Closed Thread