AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-01, 09:48   Link #1
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Fate Stay Night's: Holy Grail War.

l'm searching for anime similar to Fate Stay Night. The plot was unique with the "Holy Grail Wars". And l'm looking for anime similar to that aspect. Such as a special contract was made with Sabre and Archer with their chosen master's and so on. Fighting in some sort of tournament with a price of course.

Criteria: Fantasy Shounen along the lines of Fate Stay Night. lt should be mainly focused on contractors with summoned spirits and some sorta special event being held. Romance, Ecchi and comdey are welcome along with other elements. But no Mechs.
Old 2009-03-01, 11:05   Link #2
Nosauz

Err play the game? It's like Fate stay night x3 but much much much better. There also an english translation if you were to purchase the game. The game is soooooo much better than the anime, you won't regret it, but for your current wants I'll say, soul eater, FMA, Shaman King, Zero no Tsukaim just to name a few
Old 2009-03-01, 12:01   Link #3
Rab
UG'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Err play the game? It's like Fate stay night x3 but much much much better. There also an english translation if you were to purchase the game. The game is soooooo much better than the anime, you won't regret it, but for your current wants I'll say, soul eater, FMA, Shaman King, Zero no Tsukaim just to name a few
No. l won't play the game. and l've all of those.
Old 2009-03-01, 12:07   Link #4
Nosauz

ur loss, can't really help if you don't list anything you've watched, its pretty much a stab in the dark
Old 2009-03-01, 12:23   Link #5
Rab
UG'er

Quote:
ur loss, can't really help if you don't list anything you've watched, its pretty much a stab in the dark
My objective is to find an anime similar with Fate Stay Night and gave a criteria along with it. lt's not possible to list anime related to it, since l don't know many similar anime with Fate Stay Night.
Old 2009-03-01, 12:35   Link #6
Nosauz

I mean I listed 4 titles that fit your criteria, but because you didn't list anythign about what you have seen it just makes it even harder to find you things that you haven't seen and should try out. More information is better than none. I have no idea what you have scene so it makes it hard for me to give you suggestions, not just me but other users too.
Old 2009-03-01, 12:57   Link #7
Rab
UG'er

Quote:
I mean I listed 4 titles that fit your criteria, but because you didn't list anythign about what you have seen it just makes it even harder to find you things that you haven't seen and should try out. More information is better than none. I have no idea what you have scene so it makes it hard for me to give you suggestions, not just me but other users too.
Honestly now. The one's you listed l've all seen or are still watching and have enjoyed. Plus l appreciate the suggestions first-hand from you. But l can't just list any other similar anime with Fate Stay Night that l've seen. lt would be easier if l specifically asked for some anime, then l'll tell you no problem, pal. But not the case here.
Old 2009-03-01, 14:00   Link #8
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Well, it is better to flat-out state what you have watched when asking for suggestions, exactly for that kind of reason... as for the suggestions, sorry, but your criteria is kinda difficult for me, personally. The fact I haven't actually finished the series you compare it with helps, too.

Old 2009-03-01, 14:14   Link #9
Rab
UG'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, it is better to flat-out state what you have watched when asking for suggestions, exactly for that kind of reason... as for the suggestions, sorry, but your criteria is kinda difficult for me, personally. The fact I haven't actually finished the series you compare it with helps, too.
Then how about you suggest something simular to Fate Stay Night. All l want is a couple of suggestions. To hard to ask? Lol.
Old 2009-03-01, 14:19   Link #10
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Have you bothered to read my post all the way up to the point where I stated I hadn't finished the series? Or do you simply feel the need to snark and play aggressive? Sorry for trying to help you get your suggestions more easily, tho. Won't happen again.

Good luck in all your future endeavors, mate...

Old 2009-03-01, 17:43   Link #11
Rab
UG'er

No need to make assumptions based on idle chatter now. And expressing aggressive behaviour isn't what l tend on doing. Actually. l indeed did read all of the post beforehand you made and treated it in a respectful manner. "To hard to ask? lol" l can see how that would may come across 'rude'. Rest assured, mate. l never intended for it to come across that way, so l put a "lol" in there to show l was laughing a little bit from the "to hard to ask part?". To put it into prospect: l was seemingly making a little joke of my own which l personally found funny. Reason being that you and the other person kept asking me to list anime l've seen. And all l really was asking for suggestions of similar anime the same as Fate Stay Night.

Even though you've only seen so much of Fate Stay Night. l thought you could still recommend me something.

Any suggestions, anyone?
Old 2009-03-01, 18:03   Link #12
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The easiest suggestion for me to make along the lines of
Spoiler for F/SN spoilers:
would be something like a Gundam series. Is that what you mean?

If you're looking for something similar to the characters [I don't mean the archetypes, but the plot], sola would be something you'd like to try.
Old 2009-03-01, 18:22   Link #13
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

According to your guidelines, Mai Hime almost sounds like a perfect fit in. Almost.

- mainly focused on contractors with summoned spirits: check
- and some sorta special event being held: check
- Romance: check
- Ecchi: check
- (sic)comdey: check
- But no Mechs: Dubious. Some of the 'contracted spirits' are little oversized and one has something that looks like a robot frame, but none of them are humanoid and they don't pilot them.
Old 2009-03-01, 18:26   Link #14
Rab
UG'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The easiest suggestion for me to make along the lines of
Spoiler for F/SN spoilers:
would be something like a Gundam series. Is that what you mean?

If you're looking for something similar to the characters [I don't mean the archetypes, but the plot], sola would be something you'd like to try.
l've only ever seen Gundam Wing. So what Gundam is after Wing. Haven't got a clue of which order they came out.

Sola looks like a wonderful anime to watch. The animation seems good, so it's going on my list.
Old 2009-03-01, 18:29   Link #15
Rab
UG'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
According to your guidelines, Mai Hime almost sounds like a perfect fit in. Almost.

- mainly focused on contractors with summoned spirits: check
- and some sorta special event being held: check
- Romance: check
- Ecchi: check
- (sic)comdey: check
- But no Mechs: Dubious. Some of the 'contracted spirits' are little oversized and one has something that looks like a robot frame, but none of them are humanoid and they don't pilot them.
lt's cool. Mai Hime looks exactly what l'm hoping for. So, thanks.
Old 2009-03-01, 18:39   Link #16
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
l've only ever seen Gundam Wing. So what Gundam is after Wing. Haven't got a clue of which order they came out.

Sola looks like a wonderful anime to watch. The animation seems good, so it's going on my list.
I'm not a Gundam fan, so I wouldn't know. As far as I know, most of the Gundam franchise is disjointed anyway, so it doesn't really matter what order you watch them in.
Old 2009-03-01, 20:07   Link #17
Rawgers
Nyaa~

You can always try Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai which have the same setting as Fate/Stay Night (and are all by Type-Moon). IMO, Kara no Kyoukai > Fate/Stay Night/ Tsukihime.

Shakugan no Shana may also be similar in the matter of one "normal" guy meets up with a girl with special powers.

The only series I can think of with a Contract and a Tournament against other contracters is Sekirei, an ecchi/fanservice show.
Old 2009-03-01, 20:32   Link #18
Autumn Demon
~

rozen maiden
Old 2009-03-02, 02:38   Link #19
Rab
UG'er

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.
Old 2009-03-02, 08:37   Link #20
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Kekaishi might be of interest, although it isnt as dramatic / sad as FSN.

As for Gundam series, the ones i watched and liked are Gundam Seed / Gundam Destiny and Gundam 00 and the second season but havent seen it yet.

There is a kinda old anime called Flame of Recca, where the main character's weapon is some kind of flame dragon under contract with his family, etc.

Cant think of anything else atm but you can always check my list of watched animes... http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cubito

Last edited by incube; 2009-03-03 at 18:06.
Closed Thread