AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-05-26, 13:10   Link #41
Decel

I finally finished vol10 and have to agree that Shinogu would be the best suited now. I still believe that Azuma is better than Ryoki simply for the fact that Azuma actually changes his stance, whereas Ryoki is still the same bastard he was in Vol1.

Also, I gotta say that Hatsumi's weakness of a character is starting to really get to me. God bless the Akane/Subaru side-story.
Old 2006-05-28, 17:23   Link #42
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Genin
Volume 11... I know that I was buying it at the same pace as Hana Kimi...
And the release date for awhile was February, then March... then June. I was just wondering what was up. : /
Hot Gimmick has been very slow to turn up....I keep thinking it has been so long that I've missed a release and reorder a copy I already have!....done this a couple of times. I started to buy the orginal japanese versions of the manga just so I could see what happened next.
Old 2006-05-29, 15:23   Link #43
ciara

I would like to knw where I could read this manga???? plzzzzzz
ciara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 15:54   Link #44
Decel

Amazon should sell them. I get mine from Amazon Canada. You can maybe find them elsewhere but that will be on your own effort.
Old 2006-06-21, 04:41   Link #45
Chiisa
Love target... LOCK ON!

I've read up to Vol. 9 and I have to say it's just insane at times X3

How much subaru spent trying to get all those rare bears I'll never know >.>
Old 2006-06-21, 07:47   Link #46
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisa
I've read up to Vol. 9 and I have to say it's just insane at times X3

How much subaru spent trying to get all those rare bears I'll never know >.>
Subaru is such a loser, he should be out gang raping and bullying like the other guys in Hot Gimmick!

Got Hot Gimmick vol11 off AmazonUK and I like where the story is going.
Old 2006-06-22, 17:00   Link #47
Chiisa
Love target... LOCK ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88
Subaru is such a loser, he should be out gang raping and bullying like the other guys in Hot Gimmick!

You mean raping with a gundam toy?

I heard that the series goes up to volume 12, is that true?
Old 2006-06-22, 17:21   Link #48
Aiya Kasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88

wha! I hope you are sarcastic T___T

Hm...I would like the manga alot more right now if Ryoki was nicer >__<. I love the manga to death but gah! and poor shinogu(srry if spent name wrong)....he needs a nice girl....not Hatsumi. Its too awkward.
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 17:54   Link #49
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisa
I heard that the series goes up to volume 12, is that true?
Yup 12 volumes.

In Japan they had a "Hot Gimmick S" with an alternate ending. It was said, in this thread, that it was a novel (ie: not manga).
Old 2006-06-24, 00:28   Link #50
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Yup 12 volumes.

In Japan they had a "Hot Gimmick S" with an alternate ending. It was said, in this thread, that it was a novel (ie: not manga).
Yes there was a novel (Hot Gimmick S) released in Nov. 2005 in Japan. It was NOT written by Aihara Miki - she only did the drawings for it. From the things I've been able to find online about the novel, it sounds like a lot of fans were disappointed in it. But since I haven't read it myself I can't say for sure.

Now I'm just forcing myself to patiently wait until Sept. for the final volume to be released here in the US. This a great series.
Old 2006-06-24, 01:23   Link #51
Decel

Hmmm, does that mean that the fans were dissapointed by both the ending and the alternate one?

Well, I won't feel so bad in not seeing Hot Gimmick S now that I know that it isn't the author's work. I'll get both volumes 11 and 12 when the last one is released.
Old 2006-06-24, 01:50   Link #52
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Hmmm, does that mean that the fans were dissapointed by both the ending and the alternate one?

Well, I won't feel so bad in not seeing Hot Gimmick S now that I know that it isn't the author's work.
I was referring to the fans being disappointed with the alternate ending novel. There were mostly complaints that the author wasn't up to Aihara's level of storytelling.

As to the ending of the manga series, I've tried to be careful in what I've read so I don't spoil the finale for myself. So far I've succeeded as I'm still not positive who she'll end up with so my own opinions and hopes are still alive and well. I suppose there are going to be those who won't like the ending as well as those who'll love it. It'll all depend which "ship" each fan is on.
Old 2006-06-27, 04:44   Link #53
aixchel
Shinkumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrivo
I was referring to the fans being disappointed with the alternate ending novel. There were mostly complaints that the author wasn't up to Aihara's level of storytelling.
I'll have to read the novels, then, since I would really prefer another ending than how it happened in the manga. :/
aixchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 23:08   Link #54
Diedrupo

I know what happens in both endings, and i'm surprised that people were disappointed in the alternative ending, because I thought they didn't like the manga ending.

In either case, from what i've heard of the manga ending, it's totally something I would dig. Can't wait til vol12!
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 21:12   Link #55
Checkered Blood
Noodle Assassin

Location: Like hell I'll tell you. Are you nuts? I already put my age and real name and stuff!
Send a message via AIM to Checkered Blood
Regardless of what I say here, I really really like this manga. A lot. Honest. This is one of my favorite mangas out there. I adore the whole love-square thing ("love-square"?) Anyway, The art is so pretty, and the covers on the books are all in color schemes..which is a definate plus. But....the characters in this manga are so...confusing.

Hatsumi was probably supposed to be received as a nice, caring, cutely-oblivious, warm-hearted character, but instead comes of as severely dumb and annoyingly passive.

Ryoki was probably thought out to be a smart, hard-headed-but-getting-better character, but really just doesn't mature at all...even in volume nine he's STILL pulling that "ordering around" crap. He makes m want to hit him over the head with a skillet, preferably cast-iron.

Azusa is in my opinion the most thought out and deep character, but personally I think the whole "Yeah, I invited a bunch of my older male friends over so they could gang-bang you, even though my assumptions are just based off of a little research" thing was forgotton to fast....but then again, the whole "forgive and forget" thing was probably supposed to define Hatsumi's kindness thing.

I haven't read past nine yet, so I won't comment on Shinogu. But I have to ask. Does she really sleep with him?

By the way...if anyone wanted to know, the release date for volume twelve is September 19th, 2006.
Checkered Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 21:40   Link #56
Decel

Sleep with Shinogu? Where do you get that from? I have up to vol 10 and the issue didn't even appear in the distant horizon.

Miki Aihara's characters are expected to be provoking. Many of the male leads in her series go as far as Ryoki (some even further!) and act like him. And many of the "aggressions" in her series are forgiven. Her characters are very black-and-white in terms of docility/agressiveness; there's no middle ground or balanced ones. I think she intended to frustrate her readers (you know, the fiery passion/fiery hate type).

The art is indeed incredibly pleasing. Definitely suit my tastes.
Old 2006-06-30, 06:12   Link #57
Checkered Blood
Noodle Assassin

Location: Like hell I'll tell you. Are you nuts? I already put my age and real name and stuff!
Send a message via AIM to Checkered Blood
That's pretty exact. I got the same impression on that. She makes black and white characters, so that means she's either really smart and trusts her readers, or she's just not good at character development. I'll hope it's the former. Anyway, about the sleeping with Shinogu thing....someone hinted rather strongly that they do in volume eleven. I was just wondering if they did...but thanks for answering!
Checkered Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 09:07   Link #58
Decel

In vol 11?

Oh well, I won't know till the end since I plan to get it with the last one. After Vol 12 gets released, I'd appreciate it if someone posts the story of the alternate ending. In spoiler tags of course
Old 2006-07-05, 15:45   Link #59
.Honey-Kun.

Send a message via MSN to .Honey-Kun.
gah i love that manga ive only read up to volume 11 tho
.Honey-Kun. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 17:58   Link #60
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered Blood
Regardless of what I say here, I really really like this manga. A lot. Honest. This is one of my favorite mangas out there. I adore the whole love-square thing ("love-square"?) Anyway, The art is so pretty, and the covers on the books are all in color schemes..which is a definate plus. But....the characters in this manga are so...confusing.

Hatsumi was probably supposed to be received as a nice, caring, cutely-oblivious, warm-hearted character, but instead comes of as severely dumb and annoyingly passive.

Ryoki was probably thought out to be a smart, hard-headed-but-getting-better character, but really just doesn't mature at all...even in volume nine he's STILL pulling that "ordering around" crap. He makes m want to hit him over the head with a skillet, preferably cast-iron.

Azusa is in my opinion the most thought out and deep character, but personally I think the whole "Yeah, I invited a bunch of my older male friends over so they could gang-bang you, even though my assumptions are just based off of a little research" thing was forgotton to fast....but then again, the whole "forgive and forget" thing was probably supposed to define Hatsumi's kindness thing.

I haven't read past nine yet, so I won't comment on Shinogu. But I have to ask. Does she really sleep with him?

By the way...if anyone wanted to know, the release date for volume twelve is September 19th, 2006.
Yeah,
Spoiler:
. Kinda disgusting.

Spoiler for vol12:

Spoiler:

And honestly, all the complaints about the characters are true. In the end, Hatsumi is a dumb blonde, Ryoki has nothing redeeming about him except his desire to only be with Hatsumi and no one else, Azusa is nice but does crazy things like that gangbang thing, Shinogu is HER FREAKIN BROTHER even if it's not blood related, yet he still goes after her.

However I still love Hot Gimmick. Not every work needs to have awesomely well done characters to be entertaining.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote