AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-07-08, 21:54   Link #61
Checkered Blood
Noodle Assassin

Location: Like hell I'll tell you. Are you nuts? I already put my age and real name and stuff!
Send a message via AIM to Checkered Blood
Er...I pretty much thought it'd end up like that....but really now. That wasn't very nice. I'm thinking the author just kind of gave up on the series, so the world ended up with the worst end-of-the-series couple ever. Man, that's still pretty screwed up about the brother thing...I think I'll pass on that. -_- Anyway, how do you know what happens in volume twelve?
Checkered Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 23:16   Link #62
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered Blood
Er...I pretty much thought it'd end up like that....but really now. That wasn't very nice. I'm thinking the author just kind of gave up on the series, so the world ended up with the worst end-of-the-series couple ever. Man, that's still pretty screwed up about the brother thing...I think I'll pass on that. -_- Anyway, how do you know what happens in volume twelve?
Vol 12 has been out in Japan for a while...

BTW the novel has a different ending, it's not hard to figure out what it is though.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 23:32   Link #63
Decel

Can you elaborate on the alternate ending?
Old 2006-07-08, 23:55   Link #64
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Can you elaborate on the alternate ending?
There's a website I found that has info about the alt ending novel.

Spoiler for for alt ending:

Last edited by mytrivo; 2006-07-09 at 05:02.
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 11:54   Link #65
Checkered Blood
Noodle Assassin

Location: Like hell I'll tell you. Are you nuts? I already put my age and real name and stuff!
.....I see. After reading that, I've decided to show you all what I think should be the ending.

Hatsumi, Azusa, Ryoki and Shinogu are all standing there outside of the complex. Hatsumi's being all "whinecomplainangstcry"-ish, and saying that she loves them all, when suddenly someone from the top of the complex spits over the side. Because of gravity and the tendancy for things to gather more force as they fall, plus a little "shut up PLEASE" from God, it happens to land directly on her head, causing severe head trama and results in her death. Right then. Yes of course that's possible.

So anyway, Shinogu Ryoki and Azusa are concerned for about six seconds, and then they all don't care anymore because;

Ryoki saw Akane, killed Subaru and took her,

Shinogu suddenly realized that Hatsumi was a very stupid girl (now dead girl, of course, due to spit) and decided that he should just walk away quickly so as to avoid having to pay for her grave stone, coffin, funeral service or what have you.

And Azusa saw a dime. Very shiney.

So yeah....I thought it turned out great.
Old 2006-07-09, 18:50   Link #66
Diedrupo

Yeah im kinda sad, Hot Gimmick did have potential to be as cool as Hana Yori Dango (the manga it was kind of ripping off), but the author failed to make Ryoki and Hatsumi emphatic enough. Oh well, i'm still glad that the manga ended the way it did, cause Hatsumi ending up with anyone else would have just been way too unrealistic/fantasyish.

About the novel,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-10, 10:59   Link #67
Checkered Blood
Noodle Assassin

Eh. It'll happen. At least she did try to make up for it, even though suposedly that one sucks too.
Old 2006-08-30, 16:07   Link #68
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

I was at Barnes & Noble today and they had vol. 12 (the final vol.) out on the shelf so I got it. Too bad I have to wait until later tonight to read it.

EDIT:
OK I'm gonna add to this so I don't end up with a double post. -- I got to read it. I liked it - just my opinion though. Most things turned out like I hoped they would.

For those interested in the alternate ending on page 143 it says (and I quote): "There's a novelization of Hot Gimmick! Look for it -- in English -- in February 2007! The title is Hot Gimmick S. It has a different ending from this manga version, so if you have problem with that, consider yourself warned!" I won't quote the rest because it's a spoiler.

Last edited by mytrivo; 2006-08-30 at 23:12.
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 10:21   Link #69
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
I Just Start Reading This Manga Today ..Now I'm At Chapter 11
and OMG...The Azusa...I Hate Him...I Can't Believe He Do Something Like That..

I'll Go Read The Chapter Now...
Old 2008-06-04, 12:35   Link #70
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Finally Finished The Manga....That Was Really Fast To Finish 54 Chapter..But It Was Really Good Story ..I Loved Hatsumi Character ...
*Search For Another Manga ^.^ *
Old 2008-06-04, 13:00   Link #71
Nervous Venus

lol, wow.
double post + adding nothing to an already dead thread.

ot: I finished reading HG a year ago, and I've got to hand it to Aihara Miki for making Ryoki a very likeable character. I guess this board collected more " shinogu" fans and that's where the vehemence for Ryoki comes along, but even though Shinogu is a very awesome character, I tried to put myself in Hatsumi's shoes and imagined liking my own brother (remember she's only known him as a "brother" for oh 10 years!!!!!!1) , and the thought really disgusted me.

I didn't like how Aihara-sensi
Spoiler:

But whatever. It's over.
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 12:31   Link #72
Diedrupo

Plus, her falling in love with Shinogu at the spur of a moment would have been way unrealistic and ridiculous. How many girls do you know have an on and off relationship with a guy only for a friend that they had no (physical) feelings for prior to confess to them and then all of a sudden they'd be in love? Ridiculous.

But a lot of girls prefer the heroic Prince Charming who steps in at the last minute and saves the day I guess, hence the alternative novel created to please such people.
Old 2008-06-09, 03:56   Link #73
Conanpotter
Monika :x

i didnt enjoy it at all. Well Ryoki should be more understanding :P But it's like a waste for Azusa. :P
Conanpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 08:35   Link #74
KimmyChan

I have all 12 volumes of this fantastic series & have read it twice through so far
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:43   Link #75
KyllVie

Hot gimmick

I'm all for slice of life/high school drama... this is just so awesome to me. I'm not a fan of the style, far to shojo for me.. buuuut I love the story and the drama. ^^ It's so awesome to me. Every time i read it I'm like HATSUMI HE'S NOT FOR YOU! YOU SHOULD DATE SHINOGU!
KyllVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 05:33   Link #76
KimmyChan

All the characters in this series are really good in their own ways, and very endearing
Old 2009-05-06, 05:41   Link #77
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Are you kidding? They're pathetic. Miss Doormat, a chronic domestic violence/rapist scum, etc. This series is the epitome of the very worst shoujo manga has to offer. I'm not going to say it's going to "influence young girls the wrong way" or anything of the sort but still.

Then again, "Rape is Love" is a popular trope despite my intense disgust with it, so yeah.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 09:46   Link #78
KimmyChan

Well, when I say endearing as such I mean a few of them, and not all

Thanks for opening my eyes to this by reading what you've just put there Irenicus
Old 2009-05-06, 18:24   Link #79
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Are you kidding? They're pathetic. Miss Doormat, a chronic domestic violence/rapist scum, etc. This series is the epitome of the very worst shoujo manga has to offer. I'm not going to say it's going to "influence young girls the wrong way" or anything of the sort but still.

Then again, "Rape is Love" is a popular trope despite my intense disgust with it, so yeah.
I read this series till volume 10 and didn't bother with the rest. I knew what the ending was going to be after Volume 10. I am glad I was right. It was pretty obvious who the final couple was going to be. I guess I gave up because I ended not caring for any of the characters after 10 volumes.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote