AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 23:46   Link #81
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Huziwara/Fujiwara no Mokou on the extra stage boss of touhou 8, after that I almost puke of dizzyness since it's so hard to evade some of her shot.

The walking robot Omega on Final Fantasy V, game over for a lot of time on that junk, that's why I level up myself a lot of times before having my vengeance on it.

Final Fantasy VII "Sephiroth" heck i'm so happy after finishing that, it's just like "hey look at this" I finished it without asking from others help... ^^..

Legend Of Mana ... Final boss there.. forgot what it was called... after several grueling quests and some other stuffs at last I meet this one, and it was kinda easy though ^^

Onslaught, Apocalypse, Cyber-Akuma.... were past time for Marvel games ^^
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 12:55   Link #82
paladinenvec

I think that Zelda WW,Zelda OOT, and Zelda TP, (modern zelda's) have the best ambientation and they are memorable (despite the fact that in this ones Ganondorf is quite easy).
Final Fantasy 6, the way that the fight it's made, you're going up as you defeat the enemies, and in the upper level it's "God" Kefka waiting for you it was my first FF and the battle was really hard even with my chars in high lvl.
Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII was quite memorable too, she was easy but she had 4 transformations , she's quite persistent .
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 18:18   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Final Fantasy X - Seymour Flux (Boss 25) He was such a pain in this part... Especially with his ability "Banish" that can one-shot any Aeon that you summon.. Took me a good 24 tries to finally get him out of luck.
Old 2011-01-17, 18:24   Link #84
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

All the MGS final boss fights. I remember all of them clearly. My favorite being MGS3, fighting against the The Boss.
Old 2011-01-17, 21:15   Link #85
McMilk
*Artist

Super Mario 64 - Thought I only had to throw Bowser at those bombs once. I was soooo happy when he finally hit one after my dumbrandomlucky throws... then he came back TWICE and finally made it more difficult for me by turning the stage into a star-shaped battleground. Was so relieved when he finally died.

Zelda OOT - I thought Ganondorf was harder than Ganon D:

Kingdom Hearts II - At the end when you had to mass-tap both X and triangle to control SORA AND RIKU, I had NO IDEA until after I died like 5 times -___-

Halo 2 - Tartarus on legendary for fun WAS NOT FUN.

God of War III - Holy crap, I know the whole swimming scene was important, but seriously, when I was at it, I kept thinking, "I JUST WANT TO KILL ZEUS OMG." Finally, when back with Zeus, I didn't know when to stop punching him, so I did it for like five minutes. This one's memorable because it's freaking tedious.
Old 2011-01-25, 22:44   Link #86
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

I would have to say
Metroid Prime-Metroid Prime (Prime was no joke on hard mode)
Perfect Dark-Skedar Leader (loved fighting him on perfect agent)
Old 2011-01-26, 01:47   Link #87
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
Metroid Prime-Metroid Prime (Prime was no joke on hard mode)
Actually that reminds me of another boss to put here...

Omega Pirate - Metroid Prime

The first time I fought him without a 100% pick-up walkthrough, good GOD was he hard, especially in the later stages when the Pirate Troopers that could only be harmed by certain beam weapons came flooding in. I can beat this guy pretty easily now though, now that I know it only takes 4 super missiles to get the job done.

Spoiler for Boss Fight Spoilers:
Old 2011-01-26, 02:07   Link #88
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Off the top of my head.

Tales of the Abyss, the Luke vs Asch fight is pretty much the high point of the game.

Yggdra Union, All of the Gulcasa´s fight. Genocide was horrible game-breaking.

Odin Sphere, The whole sixth book, more so if you fight the darkova with Mercedes.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 21:54   Link #89
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Jecht - Final Fantasy X - Boy was he hard for me when I finally reached him... But was sorta dissapointed about the boss after him, but atleast this brought excitement
Old 2011-01-27, 04:52   Link #90
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Secret of Mana 2 (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Prince of Darkness
> This game has a lot of memorable bossfights, and depending on your character choice you fight different ones. I picked Liese, Angela and Duran; had a total blast while playing this perfect gem of a game.
Old 2011-01-27, 05:04   Link #91
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Earthbound SNES - Gigyas.

WHAT. THE. BLOODY. HELL.
This was the most memorable because of its freaky music, visuals and draining cuts which made the battle drag on.

Old 2011-01-27, 05:31   Link #92
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Le'see.....

The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3): This being my favourite game of all time, it's only natural that it's final battle be one of the greatest I've ever loved. Snake fighting the person closest to him, and the environment and music just made it so much more awesome~

Saturos and Menardi/Fusion Dragon (Golden Sun) : Jesus Christ, I remember playing this boss battle sooooooo many times when I was younger, and I could never beat it. I will forever remember that goddamn boss for the rest of my life~

Deadbeard (Golden Sun): Imagine my surprise after beating the game and visiting Crossbone Island.... just to find a boss that was HARDER than the Final Boss. Come to think of it, I don't think I've beaten him yet.... I know I beat Lost Age's version....

Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess): I don't know why, but when I think bosses in Zelda, this fight always comes to mind. I don't exactly know why, it was awesome and all, but not the best I've played~

M. Bison (Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max): Goddamn, I got my ass handed to me for weeks trying to beat him. It wasn't that he was so hard, it was that goddamn cheap special he would spam in the matches~

Captain Blue (Viewtiful Joe): First the giant mech, then fighting younger Captain Blue, but that fight always sticks in my mind. Actually, I've basically memorized the whole game. It's made of so much awesomesauce~

Jet Black (Viewtiful Joe 2): Awesome looking villian, awesome background music, this fight had it all~

Rul-Ende (Ys: Seven): 3 seperate stages, fighting this boss with ALL of your party, reaaaaaally took a long time to beat. But it was bloody well fantastic~

Evil Master Beast (One Piece: Unlimited Adventure): Now this being a series and game that I love, I guess it would make sense that this boss sticks to my head. He's giant, looks awesome, made of pure hatred, and has some awesome battle music to boot~

I'll probably remember some later, but those are the ones off the top of me head~
Old 2011-01-27, 14:38   Link #93
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Sephiroth (Kingdom Hearts II): I literally found this guy to take the longest time to finally get down. Took me a good 30 tries without taking a break to finally get him finished gave me such a thrill.
Sephiroth was little bit better in KH2 than KH1. In KH1, I couldnt even get a hit off of him in about 60 tries before I gave up, I was at Level 99 with Ultimate Weapon and I was getting my butt handed to me, but it only took me about less tries to get Sephiroth on KH2 (if I remember the last battle I had with him, took about almost 30 min to beat him)
Old 2011-01-28, 18:02   Link #94
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Sephiroth was little bit better in KH2 than KH1. In KH1, I couldnt even get a hit off of him in about 60 tries before I gave up, I was at Level 99 with Ultimate Weapon and I was getting my butt handed to me, but it only took me about less tries to get Sephiroth on KH2 (if I remember the last battle I had with him, took about almost 30 min to beat him)
Sephiroth was a little easier for me in KH1, but it took me quite a loooong time to actually get him to go down. Probably a good 20-30 tries, but in KH2 I found him to be more frustrating.
Old 2011-01-28, 19:35   Link #95
Kallen4life

Vergil - DMC3 .. he's so badass there .. I might be GAR for Vergil .. also like the smaller faster bosses more then the big QTE style one's

Jubileus - Bayonetta .. that UNIVERSAL FALCON PUNCH was satisfying

GeoW1 - RAAM .. he was a beast @ insane .. living kryll shield, hell yeah

Cyberdemon from Doom, though he's not the last (well he is in the 3-rd) .. Romero's Head/Icon of Sin is memorable too

not the end boss, but I liked the end level from Halo Reach
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 20:34   Link #96
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

MGS4: Rex vs Ray and snake vs liquid = awesome.

Zone of the Enders: Viola's 2 boss fights where class.

Ace Combat 4: Not really a boss but the Megalith mission coupled with the music was silly epic.

Theres probably loads more but the above are the most fresh in my mind.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 01:41   Link #97
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know, still one of my favourite final bosses is has still gotta be the Final Boss from Mischief Makers~

Spoiler for Beastector:
Old 2011-01-29, 06:41   Link #98
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Earthbound SNES - Gigyas.

WHAT. THE. BLOODY. HELL.
This was the most memorable because of its freaky music, visuals and draining cuts which made the battle drag on.

Oh my god....the 'animation' for Pray command is just too freaking long

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 07:15   Link #99
Reiter
lets do during this!

Black Knight / Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Looking back on him. (The Black Knight) was and still is a likable character. I found the battle with him memorable and one of my favorites in all of videogame history, not just Fire Emblem fights.

I also dig the Arthurian mythos between Ike and the Black Knight. Even if it was suppose to be GAR and a reminder of how strong Ike has become, I found the whole thing heartwarming.
Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 09:18   Link #100
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Tons of fantastic boss battles in the many games I've played but I'll list down my top 3 favorites (in no particular order) :

1) Final Fantasy 7 - Sephiroth.

Yea, I know *grins*, but I fell in love with the different phases of the final fight and...his supernova spell in his "One Winged Angel" form. ^_^

2) Shadow of the Colossus - Final Boss

Shadow of the Colossus probably wins my personal award for best overall boss fights in any game (thus far). The bosses were huge, grand and intimidating-looking and every time I fell one, it felt awesome. The final boss definitely rounded off a game, which placed total emphasis on the boss fights (since that's pretty much all the game shines at! ), extremely well.

3) Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis

If any boss were to stick with me (figuratively and maybe...literally!), it'd definitely be Nemesis from RE3 . Nothing much to say except the guy chases you throughout pretty much the whole game and gets back up even after you put him down.