AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-14, 19:46   Link #301
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Ep 7

People are annoyed at Kuri for being a bit outspoken. My view is, as annoying as they can be sometimes, the world needs people who aren't afraid of calling it as they see it.

But it struck me as a strange time to come out. Which makes me think this was something of a ploy on Sugimoto's behalf, and that she needed Fumi there to convince her family that she was in fact a lesbian. It kinda backfired, since Kuri in particular was far from sold, but it looks like the family knows something about Sugimoto's past relationship(s) that we don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Spoiler for ep.7:
I've had problems with the vocal casting in this anime the entire time. Hardly any of the characters feel like their voices match their respective characters at first. As soon as I finally get used to one character's voice, another pops that feels like a mismatch.

Edit: And I've probably said it before, but how good is Kasai's directing. He's easily as deft as Shinbo, but doesn't include a song and dance to draw attention to it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 20:57   Link #302
TJR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Not so sure about the Shino-love anymore, because when I think about it straightly, almost every renowned anime directors do a better job than him.
My opinion is that most of them aren't really Shinbou shows. Much like Steven Spielburg or Shigeru Miyamoto, the name is a marketing stamp.

If you think about it, how can one man be involved with so many productions? While Shinbou tops the chain of command, it's really the Production Director who executes the show. He's the one who works closely with the storyboarders (often doing a few episodes himself) and supervises the actual production.

You could probably say that Shinbou instructs the director and sets the basic specifications, but it's more of a hands-off role. Some have observed that while a Shinbou signature is always present, the shows vary wildly in style, quality, and execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have high hopes of a second season
I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath. In terms of TV ratings, there's nothing to be said, and I find it doubtful that DVD sales will save this one.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-08-16 at 04:07. Reason: please use the "edit" or the "multiquote" button instead of double posting
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 22:17   Link #303
NaweG
Just some guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath. In terms of TV ratings, there's nothing to be said, and I find it doubtful that DVD sales will save this one.
It's a pity Ellen DeGeneris couldn't have the cast visit her show. With that much publicity on a daytime talk show, there might be enough of an audience to help with the DVD sales - particularly if she gives everyone in the audience the first disc... In which case I want tickets to that episode
__________________
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 06:08   Link #304
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
My opinion is that most of them aren't really Shinbou shows. Much like Steven Spielburg or Shigeru Miyamoto, the name is a marketing stamp.

If you think about it, how can one man be involved with so many productions? While Shinbou tops the chain of command, it's really the Production Director who executes the show. He's the one who works closely with the storyboarders (often doing a few episodes himself) and supervises the actual production.

You could probably say that Shinbou instructs the director and sets the basic specifications, but it's more of a hands-off role. Some have observed that while a Shinbou signature is always present, the shows vary wildly in style, quality, and execution.
I agree with that quite a bit actually. While I'm starting to get annoyed at Shinbo's Shinbo-isms (he seems to take the SHAFT brand a bit too much of a self-described stamp so to speak. It gets a bit too coy sometimes..), he does have flashes of brilliance and then some boneheaded stuff the next. Actually, it's sort of like Miyamoto's hand-me-down projects in Nintendo nowadays. Now it's full of a few classics with a load of iffy or outright stupid projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I might have agreed with SuperKnuckles about Shinbou before I saw Bakemonogatari. Maybe it drove SuperK one direction and me the other, lol. I've always loved the look and rhythms of Shinbou's shows. But Bakemonogatari gives him something deeper to work from.
The thing with that show in particular, to me, is how they are cutting so much corners as an anime, an 'animated' show, that it is more like watching a novel/graphic novel than a true anime. At least the plot itself is interesting, but man, you know the budget is getting TIGHT when they pass off real photographs that are photoshopped transfixed with overt amounts of on-screen-words as animation. I don't know. Maybe I'm blaming SHAFT here. But Shinboisms get more annoying to me when half of the entire show becomes words and still-scenes with awkward camera angles. I guess I still sort of see that as his charm though. Even if it's not sitting right in my stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 7

People are annoyed at Kuri for being a bit outspoken. My view is, as annoying as they can be sometimes, the world needs people who aren't afraid of calling it as they see it.

But it struck me as a strange time to come out. Which makes me think this was something of a ploy on Sugimoto's behalf, and that she needed Fumi there to convince her family that she was in fact a lesbian. It kinda backfired, since Kuri in particular was far from sold, but it looks like the family knows something about Sugimoto's past relationship(s) that we don't know.
There's one thing about voicing something, then another to be blunt about it. I guess you can call it 'tactless'. I mean, it's clear that Yasuko got problems. It just looks to me like Kuri is just being blockheaded about it. In most anime, I guess that could be the 'anime character who blurts out the truth' syndrome, but the way the anime portrays it, it just looks like she's just being a bit of a bully. But I could be wrong and it could still be that trope..

Quote:
I've had problems with the vocal casting in this anime the entire time. Hardly any of the characters feel like their voices match their respective characters at first. As soon as I finally get used to one character's voice, another pops that feels like a mismatch.
Heh, I like that aspect in a way, because that's sort of like how it is in real life. Sometimes the voices doesn't match the face.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 02:48   Link #305
textgirl
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
i love it i think that kuri was right on target to sempais intentions and i loved it also too i got to see how sempai really is towards fumi and it reminded me why i dont like sempai in the frist palce

the only thing i dont like is the voice casting for the sisters i think it was totally off in some area but i got use to it
textgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:02   Link #306
Bath-Teth
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
All this manga talk makes me want to read it, but I'm patiently waiting until the anime is finished.
No kidding. It's really hard not to get the manga and read it. A week can be really long and if I'm hooked by a manga or anime like I am with Aoi Hana, I'm not the most patient there is. But luckily I'm stubborn enough to ignore my impatience.

@Sinestra and Kazu-kun:

If the answer to my question needs a spoiler-tag, I won't read it, but I can pretty much guess the answer and the possible connection about these 2 sisters. If my guess is right the whole situation and relationship between these sisters is much more complicated than I thought.

@Kaoru Chujo:

A second season would be awesome. Is the manga released weekly, bi-weekly or only once a month? How much more chapters do they need in your opinion to cover another 11 or 13 episodes? Is the anime/manga well-received enough to get hopes up for a second season?

Sorry for all the question, but you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about these things.
Bath-Teth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:05   Link #307
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath-Teth View Post
How much more chapters do they need in your opinion to cover another 11 or 13 episodes? Is the anime/manga well-received enough to get hopes up for a second season?
So does the fact that i already answered this not count?

& the tv-rating topic was already mentioned by TJR.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:18   Link #308
Bath-Teth
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So does the fact that i already answered this not count?

& the tv-rating topic was already mentioned by TJR.
Sorry I must've missed your post. From the first post here I only know the manga has currently 4 volumes, there's nothing stated about the time between a chapter release or the number of chapters an episode usually covers.

So TJR's: "...there's nothing to be said..." means the ratings aren't high enough to hope for a 2nd season?

Doesn't sound promising...
Bath-Teth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 06:35   Link #309
pkgirl163
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: USA
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath-Teth View Post
Is the manga released weekly, bi-weekly or only once a month? How much more chapters do they need in your opinion to cover another 11 or 13 episodes?
The manga is released once every two months. This works out to one volume per year. So volume 5 will not be out until next spring or so.
As other people have said, it looks like the anime is going to cover the first three volumes of the manga. Depending on the pacing, I suppose they could theoretically do another 11 episodes from what is out there now, but that's far less material than what they're working from now.
pkgirl163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 15:08   Link #310
Bath-Teth
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgirl163 View Post
The manga is released once every two months. This works out to one volume per year. So volume 5 will not be out until next spring or so.
As other people have said, it looks like the anime is going to cover the first three volumes of the manga. Depending on the pacing, I suppose they could theoretically do another 11 episodes from what is out there now, but that's far less material than what they're working from now.
Thank you. Only 1 chapter every 2 month? That's even slower than Girl Friends. So a 2nd season is not in sight, probably.
Bath-Teth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 20:07   Link #311
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This maybe slightly be insignificant but i just feel the need to post on it anyway. Sugimoto is a great to watch her and i love how this past episode finally tore down the imaginary of her having things together. One of the aspects i felt was done well was in how they presented her in normal clothes in the manga. I just noticed that they changed a little bit of doing of the anime not really a big deal. However in the manga they managed to give her a feminine look while ot down playing her masculine side and they did this quite well in her style of her dress. They went for more of the tomboyish look during Fumi's visit to her house in the anime. In the manga they combined the two which i thought was perfect because it complimented Sugimotos personality excellently.

Like i said nothing big just something i have noticed.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 14:40   Link #312
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Spoiler for Episode 08:
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 15:01   Link #313
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
So this show is only going to have 11 episodes instead of 12 or 13? Wow, that's super short, then again, from that list it looks like they are hopschocking over all the different volumes so there would be less material to work with that way...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 15:05   Link #314
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
So this show is only going to have 11 episodes instead of 12 or 13? Wow, that's super short, then again, from that list it looks like they are hopschocking over all the different volumes so there would be less material to work with that way...
There's no jumping around with material here. It's only now and then (this weeks episode for example) where they switched scenes around, though they both appeared in the same chapter. Where are you hearing this?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 15:09   Link #315
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Ah my bad, I was skimmng the episode list on the previous page and started mixing up manga and volume numbers so I was getting thrown off a little. Please ignore my confused-ness...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 06:23   Link #316
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Man, Ikumi really broke down that episode. I know she was a high strung girl to begin with, but she was just BEGGING for a punch/slap/kick by Kyouko right there. Honestly, I wonder what good can ever come of something like this. Kyouko really is being pushed into a corner there. Though a lot of it has come from her own insecurities.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 08:52   Link #317
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
The soundtrack's out this Wednesday 26th (my birthday as well, what perfect timing). Anyone here preordered a copy yet?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 11:45   Link #318
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 08:
I havent watched the episode yet but it sounds like they expanded on one of my favorite and emotional parts of the manga in the anime. Which could make it just that much more emotional. Must make an effort to watch the episode tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The soundtrack's out this Wednesday 26th (my birthday as well, what perfect timing). Anyone here preordered a copy yet?
I am pre-ordering it when i get off from work, left my credit card at home that is if i ever get out here i hate being rich peoples pawn lol.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 12:38   Link #319
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
That was nice.
Spoiler for ep8:
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-08-20 at 15:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:20   Link #320
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
This is completely awesome, and a must buy for everyone.

__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.