AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-22, 23:03   Link #41
oompa loompa

A second to that. I'm not quite sure about everyone else, but I feel like the moderators on AS do a pretty damn good job. I'm sure some people will agree that there could be a little policy tweaking here and there, but on the whole, I feel that the mods do a good job, as well as add a lot to the forum itself. In the last one and a half years I've been active on AS, I don't really think I've ever interacted much with the mods.. err.. mightve had a post removed once or twice.. but not more than that. Yes, there have been times where I've felt that the mods should have acted when they didnt, and other times when I've felt that they were too harsh - Its never been too lenient or too harsh. Overall though, I think they do a great job, which is exactly why I've stuck around here for as long as I have ( longest forum I've actually been 'active' on). I respect the moderators authority on one hand, and on the other, I do feel comfortable enough ( even though I havnt really interacted with the moderators) to go to the mods for help/clarification/whatever, and have quite a lot of confidence in the fact that they will/can help me, which wasnt ( in my young internet life atleast) the case in many other forums.

In short, you guys do a great job
Old 2009-03-23, 03:54   Link #42
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Most people are very forceful with their opinions because they believe they are right. But the truth is, and opinion is an opinion, and it should only be stated as such, there's no need to put down other members, or be rude to other people because of opposing opinions.

The thing is, if you want your opinion to be respected, you should respect the opinions of others.
OMG. This is the point that that I was expressing back at the "can man and woman remain friends" thread back in the general chat section.
I have to say that most moderators here in AS are very polite. But it's really awkward when someone with a position here at the forums starts a flame.

Btw, I think I need a wee-bit explanation about the reputation thing. I like clicked my user cp and saw a really rude comment.
Old 2009-03-23, 04:06   Link #43
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
Btw, I think I need a wee-bit explanation about the reputation thing. I like clicked my user cp and saw a really rude comment.
Then I suggest you follow the advice given in the forum rules.
Quote:
4.4 Please do not post about reputations
If you feel you have received an inappropriate reputation award please contact a member of staff. Please do not make posts or comments in The Forum complaining about such events.
I will look into it. Please PM me directly.
Old 2009-03-23, 11:52   Link #44
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
OMG. This is the point that that I was expressing back at the "can man and woman remain friends" thread back in the general chat section.
I have to say that most moderators here in AS are very polite. But it's really awkward when someone with a position here at the forums starts a flame.

Have you seen someone in a mod position here start a flamewar, though? @.@

Unless, a mod was making a point to a member, and the member started to flame the mod.

Other than that I never have. Either way, I stick with the point I made before, it's more of the members being oversensitive than the mods.
Old 2009-03-23, 12:04   Link #45
Jill Valentine

Amore doll he all the admin's mod's are the best they are polite and better than other forums mod's who are rude, and maybe the mod had a reason to post a rude comment maybe you weren't following rules, my point is they are doing there job

me i have a few infractions lol but i still love the mod's
Old 2009-03-24, 01:38   Link #46
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Have you seen someone in a mod position here start a flamewar, though? @.@

Unless, a mod was making a point to a member, and the member started to flame the mod.

Other than that I never have. Either way, I stick with the point I made before, it's more of the members being oversensitive than the mods.
Well the thing is, he started insulting people who chose the option "no" and belittled their maturity level. That's exactly why I pointed out the fact that people have the right to their opinions despite them differing from his own and what he posted can be a flame.
Old 2009-03-24, 02:01   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well the thing is, he started insulting people who chose the option "no" and belittled their maturity level. That's exactly why I pointed out the fact that people have the right to their opinions despite them differing from his own and what he posted can be a flame.
Well, moderators are people too. It's not as if they're not prone to getting emotionally invested into discussions, even if they try to stay objective. (For all I know, you could be talking about me -- I think it happens to every mod at some point or other.) If you feel strongly about it, feel free to PM an admin, and they will do their best to look at the situation impartially.
Old 2009-03-24, 20:54   Link #48
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Amoredoll, I'll be PM'ing you on this matter to understand your complain a little better. I've checked the thread in question and I'm really confused why you feel a mod was being rude.

Anyway, I'll also close the thread since we've long reached an obvious conclusion that most members feel the moderators in AnimeSuki are doing a decent job, but still can improve. I think it's a fare assessment.

Thanks for your input.

Edit: It was a case of mistaken identity. Solace is found innocent. Ojisan will spare his children. *wipes off hands* Another case closed.

Closed Thread