AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-23, 16:49   Link #2201
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thank Goc for the lovely Aoba.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 08:22   Link #2202
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Hey how good is this anime? I am going over seas and I will am currently obtaining anime before I leave if I get bored. Is this anime worth watching?

It looks pretty cool =)

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 08:36   Link #2203
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Pretty much everyone here either has an avatar, a sig, or both of Cross Game. Also we're all gay/straight for Kitamura Kou and gay/straight for Tsukishima Aoba. If I had a uterus I'd have Kou's children. I don't have a uterus but I still want his children.

It's also one of the best slice-of-life semi-sports semi-romantic comedy in the last 10 years, and for me the best anime of 2009.

Does that answer your question?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 11:41   Link #2204
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, given that I feel the same was as Rumblefish when it comes to talking about my feelings and expectations with this episode, I guess I'll just write whatever thoughts I feelings I had when I was running through this point in the OM.

I guess I'd be both delighted and annoyed. Delighted because they were going for such an unpredictable and non obvious story route. You really cannot tell what way this thing is going. At this point, it'd seem all shipping possibilities are feasible. Annoyed because the obvious pairing in this series is such an endearing one that one has to wonder why they didn't use any of the 99% romance series out there where the main pairing is the less popular one.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 12:19   Link #2205
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think I can safely say that, when all the preliminaries and distractions are over and Kou and Aoba get together and have their first kiss (when, not if. I said when, dammit - when!) It will be one of my most satisfying moments in anime.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 13:02   Link #2206
Proto

Just to muddle things up a little more, in his previous works Adachi has gone both routes. Both creating a red herring pairing on one side, and making the red herring real in the end on the other.
Old 2009-12-25, 23:46   Link #2207
Proto

Just to confirm it, we will be getting a new episode this week, right?
Old 2009-12-26, 02:11   Link #2208
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just to confirm it, we will be getting a new episode this week, right?
Yes, the broadcasting continues on december 27 (episode 39), is suspended on january 3, and then is back on january 10 (episode 40).
Old 2009-12-26, 03:44   Link #2209
poko-kun

Old 2009-12-26, 23:31   Link #2210
Proto

Has there been any official mention as to how many episodes the series will run for?
Old 2009-12-27, 00:00   Link #2211
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Yes, and I believe the number is 51?

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 01:12   Link #2212
poko-kun

Azuma wins!

Spoiler for Anime-only may not read this:

Last edited by poko-kun; 2009-12-27 at 06:17.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 04:45   Link #2213
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... uh... nothing controversial or cliffhanger-ish in this week's episode that will make the 2 week wait excruciating and unbearable?

God I hope not. However, it's usually balanced by the possibility that the first episode of 2010 will be mindblowing, which again makes the wait excruciating and unbearable. UURGGH!
Old 2009-12-27, 19:32   Link #2214
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
It's really quite remarkable. I opened a copy in GIMP just to see how it's constructed. There are fully 22 100x100 frames, yet it comes in at exactly 50 KB. There are three or maybe four full frames, and a few more nearly full frames from the falling-through-the-window sequence. I've made my share of animated avatars, and I don't think I've come close to making one as optimized as this.

Great job, Pelly!
Old 2009-12-28, 05:34   Link #2215
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Subsmith subs are out!
Old 2009-12-28, 05:36   Link #2216
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
I feel like I should delay watching it so the wait until Jan 10th isn't as unbearable.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 05:39   Link #2217
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I feel like I should delay watching it so the wait until Jan 10th isn't as unbearable.
Make sure to call us from the insane asylum then.
Old 2009-12-28, 11:14   Link #2218
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As usual, Azuma is right on the money. In one sentence he defines just what is the difference between Kou and Akaishi and, as much as I'd hate to admit it, what is causing him to act the way he does for Kou and Akane.

Kou and Aoba were surprisingly civil to each other for most of this episode. Of course... Kou's suggestion of Aoba "borrowing his body" and Azuma's followup is pretty suggestive in more ways than one.

"In-laws can still get married too right?" "And so can cousins." Epic face-off is epic face-off, and then on the mound is the real man for her completely oblivious to all that.

Wait what no frontal shots of his pitching pecs pecs and his awesome abs? Godda-I mean uh yeah too bad for the fangirls!

Papa Tsukishima finally got his definitive time in the spotlight with that comment on how, someday, he'll have to see his daughters off like that. Awesome scene for him, too bad that in said comment it happened to be again Aoba and Azuma. Better hope not dammit! DAMMIT!

Then we get KouxAkane in the flea market. It was a nicely made scene that gives a lot of background for Akane despite my need to fanrage for some reason. At least it was balanced out by a revently docile "thank you" from Aoba for the shirt they got her.

What really got my eye on that moment, which for me is the best scene of the episode, is that IIRC Kou used to say that whenever Aoba says a nice thanks it's gonna rain, but it didn't despite Kou going ahead to ask if Akane had an umbrella. However it didn't rain. Of course from a scientific POV that makes no sense, but it called into question Aoba's sincerity for the previous times as a plot device.

If it didn't rain... does that mean she was completely sincere?
Old 2009-12-28, 11:25   Link #2219
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
episode 39, was alright lots of character development. Azuma asking Aoba if in-laws can get married and all of a sudden, Aoba's cousin comes out of no where and says they can and so can cousins. They both than have a staring contest. Looks like Aoba and Azuma's relationship is developing pretty well, as they are hanging out a lot more (eg. Azuma helping Aoba grab her bag, and Aoba cleaning the glove/helmets while Azuma was batting). I was thinking Kou has been using the batting practice thing forever how come only Azuma gets all the attention for batting? didn't Kou get a lot of home runs because he won so many of those socks. I don't remember Kou ever getting a home run in a game, I don't think he breaks down when there is a game, because his pitching is pretty good. Akane did get the job part time at the clover restaurant, shown in last week's preview. Kou also not complaining about doing stuff for Akane (clean front door of soba restaurant, go to flee market). At the end of the episode Aoba gets a call from the womens national team saying they are low of pitchers with her kind of fast ball, kind of saw that coming.

Preview- episode 40 - Idiot: Ha just as I thought, Ichinee will only marry Azuma's brother if Seisu goes to Koshien, the only thing that I could have thought of relating to the story. Looks like Akane and Aoba are becoming good friends, I wonder how this will affect Aoba feeling with Kou, which I don't think it's as strong as Akane and Kou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It was so funny when Azuma walked in.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:20   Link #2220
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Hey, good tactic there, I guess I'll do the same and purposely delay my episode watching till I can't bear it anymore.

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports