AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-12, 17:58   Link #2881
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Yeah the music placement truly is special for this show. It's played quite an impact on certain scenes, for me at least.

Soundtrack release pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 20:31   Link #2882
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
Man isn't it Monday yet?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 01:00   Link #2883
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Man isn't it Monday yet?
Just watched 47 again, and I don't know why - but while I was upbeat after watching it the first time, it left me feeling strangely uneasy this time. Something in Kou's body language in that crucial "form check" scene with Aoba, maybe - it didn't seem right somehow. Almost as if "The one you love rarely loves you back" line from the ED might be coming to life. There's no doubt of Aoba's feelings now, after 47 (not like there was before) but Kou is a sphinx of a boy. Until his feelings are out in the open, I'm going to live in fear of a sad end. I think I have him pretty well figured out after 47 weeks, but after all, he is a damn good liar...
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 02:25   Link #2884
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Just watched 47 again, and I don't know why - but while I was upbeat after watching it the first time, it left me feeling strangely uneasy this time. Something in Kou's body language in that crucial "form check" scene with Aoba, maybe - it didn't seem right somehow. Almost as if "The one you love rarely loves you back" line from the ED might be coming to life. There's no doubt of Aoba's feelings now, after 47 (not like there was before) but Kou is a sphinx of a boy. Until his feelings are out in the open, I'm going to live in fear of a sad end. I think I have him pretty well figured out after 47 weeks, but after all, he is a damn good liar...
4 more weeks until we know the truth. Can you hang on to your sanity until then?

I just realized I might be out of the country that week.

Edit - The previously listed shows I mentioned end the week prior to Cross Game but I still won't be here to watch the finale on time.

UGH.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-03-13 at 03:38.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 10:28   Link #2885
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Edit - The previously listed shows I mentioned end the week prior to Cross Game but I still won't be here to watch the finale on time.

UGH.
Ouch. I don't envy you.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 17:09   Link #2886
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
It amazes me how Adachi pulls these same plot elements out again and again and reuses them in fresh ways. Cross Game has been a great ride, and I'm gonna guess there won't be a sad end since the series started with Wakaba's death. I don't think another disappointment would be Adachi's style, he usually uses one bittersweet one that leads to other good things.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 21:44   Link #2887
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
tomorrow at this time, i'll be watching it. tick tock.

its out. waiting begins...
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-03-13 at 22:22.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 00:00   Link #2888
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
It was an intense episode, and the placement of the end couldn't be better. At least it's not a cliffhanger this time, thankfully so since the weight of all the questions hanging is still there.

Before I forget, that awesome BGM with the "GAME ON" motif which was played at the end of the previous episode got a new arrangement this episode! I'm quite sure it's new as I don't remember hearing it at all prior to this episode. Still wanting the soundtrack release to be announced now.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 00:44   Link #2889
poko-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
#48 Just good! Just good!
I couldn't sit on the chair. Seishu fight-to!


Spoiler for 48:



#49 Having fun?

Spoiler for 49... this is a very big spoiler from the preview... so you'd better watch out:
__________________
It's Cross game month!

Last edited by poko-kun; 2010-03-14 at 03:44.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 01:18   Link #2890
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah the music placement truly is special for this show. It's played quite an impact on certain scenes, for me at least.

Soundtrack release pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.
+1


I shouldn't come here until I have watched the subbed version. Those spoiler tags are very tempting.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 02:10   Link #2891
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
not that big of a spoiler. its only been inevitable for 48 episodes now
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 02:37   Link #2892
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
It's a spoiler nevertheless. I would recommend people not to open poko-kun's spoiler, and as usual not to watch the preview. If it was up to me I would ban all discussion on previews, but that's just me.-
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 02:38   Link #2893
leongsh
Daijoubu!
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Episode 48:

"Yosh."

Loving this episode a lot even though I'm one of the manga readers.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 02:47   Link #2894
leongsh
Daijoubu!
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It's a spoiler nevertheless. I would recommend people not to open poko-kun's spoiler, and as usual not to watch the preview. If it was up to me I would ban all discussion on previews, but that's just me.-
The preview is wicked. I would suggest to ignore Proto's advice with regards to the preview and watch it to get yourself in a tizzy in expectation of the next episode. Begging for the next episode to come out as soon as possible to put you out of your misery is one of the fun things about this show.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 14:31   Link #2895
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It's a spoiler nevertheless. I would recommend people not to open poko-kun's spoiler, and as usual not to watch the preview. If it was up to me I would ban all discussion on previews, but that's just me.-
Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
The preview is wicked. I would suggest to ignore Proto's advice with regards to the preview and watch it to get yourself in a tizzy in expectation of the next episode. Begging for the next episode to come out as soon as possible to put you out of your misery is one of the fun things about this show.
Poor Proto, nobody heeds your warnings

So yeah, I heard Cross Game: Episode 48 is out (Without subs that is.) This is probably the toughest part of the day for me I'll be back once I've watched the subbed version.
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 17:55   Link #2896
Katapan
俺様祭り
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Age: 24
Wow. I'd put the series on hold at episode 20-something as I was waiting for the subs by ANBU, but I just marathoned all the episodes up to 47 over this past week, and ended this fantastic marathon with episode 48 just now. I'm just glad I catched up at the very end - I hadn't been this excited in front of an anime episode since... Oofuri. I don't even want to imagine in which state I might end up when watching episode 49 after a whole week of anticipation.

And regarding episode 49's title - I won't try to guess which character it's supposed to be aimed to, but we are having fun. Definitely.
__________________
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 01:45   Link #2897
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
Subs are out humanity!

Also Subsmith says that Cross Game will only be until episode 50. Confirmation anyone?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 02:10   Link #2898
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Subs are out humanity!

Also Subsmith says that Cross Game will only be until episode 50. Confirmation anyone?
Yes, I'm also curious as to what the final episode will be now that doubt has arisen. I really do hope it's 51 though.
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 02:11   Link #2899
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Subs are out humanity!

Also Subsmith says that Cross Game will only be until episode 50. Confirmation anyone?
A quick check on jp.wiki and the official site says that the episode titles and synopses up to episode 50 have been revealed , but a conclusive date for the final episode has yet to be confirmed in both places.

Looking at the screenshots posted for episode 50...yeah I can see why SubSmith says it would end there, going by chapter-to-episode matching. There wouldn't be enough manga material for an episode 51. Even so I wouldn't underestimate the anime-original writers as they might come up with something to fill it up.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 02:17   Link #2900
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Looking at the screenshots posted for episode 50...yeah I can see why SubSmith says it would end there, going by chapter-to-episode matching. There wouldn't be enough manga material for an episode 51. Even so I wouldn't underestimate the anime-original writers as they might come up with something to fill it up.
*cough*More Kou and Aoba*cough*

Thanks for the update.
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.