AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-18, 14:13   Link #361
golthin

I just can't help myself watching the last minute of episode 7. how can someone be so cute by just sighing 3 times and at the same time make someone lose his coolness. chalk one for Aoba about getting on Koh's nerves.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 15:14   Link #362
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, for sure, Koh silently helps people - he's good that way. He just doesn't call attention to himself generally (unlike Aoba, who demands it). But I don't think I'd agree that he lacks confidence in his baseball skills - I think he just doesn't especially care about showing them off. Of course, I haven't read the manga so that reading may be completely off.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 16:28   Link #363
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kes
Quote:
■ 最新ニュース / 2009年5月18日(月)
現在放送中のTVアニメ「クロスゲーム」のDVD第1巻の予約受付がAmazonで開始された。DVD第1 巻には第1話から3話までを収録。DVDは全13巻でリリース予定で、2巻目以降は4話ずつ収 録される。
No any news is found in the official site and this is quoted from Otasuke. Total 51 episodes are expected
YES!!!! Let my glorious day begin! Some reps wire-transferred to your account as compensation for this excellent news. I'll update the opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm still expecting Koh to own himself a bunch pricks, especially Mr. Golden Boy. Someone at least confirm to me that I will not be disappointed?
You can always check the manga thread, or even the manga. I know I'll delete any spoiler I see here. Anticipation what allows this sort of shows to bring out the best in enjoyment, so why ruin it by knowing the story ahead.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:26   Link #364
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

If we're not allowed to even delve into light spoilers here, then this whole discussion about labeling Aoba a tsundere is moot, since one cannot bring examples to counter some of the arguments being postulated - which could also be considered spoilers, even when wrong. Just my two cents.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 17:36   Link #365
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
If we're not allowed to even delve into light spoilers here, then this whole discussion about labeling Aoba a tsundere is moot, since one cannot bring examples to counter some of the arguments being postulated - which could also be considered spoilers, even when wrong. Just my two cents.
The argument that takes place in Anime-only thread such as this is no different than a manga discussion. Let me clarify... suppose the manga has just started to come out and I've just learned about Aoba. I'm calling her a tusndere after reading chapter 2. As more and more chapters are coming out and revealing about her personality in further detail, I'm sure I'll be able to form a different set of conclusion based on the newer information.

I understand it's tough for the manga readers who are also watching the anime adaptation to participate in this sort of discussion without divulging information. This strict spoiler policy is there to accommodate these anime-only viewers so they may get the similar experience as the show takes them through one episode at a time, just as the manga readers found out about Aoba one chapter at a time.

Please indulge the anime-only viewers. It's a sign they are enjoying the show. Manga readers don't need to refute anything.

Last edited by monir; 2009-05-18 at 22:38.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 17:38   Link #366
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Manga readers don't need to refute anything.
Yeah, We manga readers know best, so let the Anime-viewers form their own opinions as they watch the show. Actually, the anime is much better than the manga at delivering the emotions of the characters. I didn't think that there was anything going on with Aoba at this point when I was reading the manga, but the anime shows more insight than the manga and that is very rare in anime.

On the other side, Adachi's style of story telling in very subtle so maybe the anime has to be more blunt about things than the manga. that is probably the only difference i see between the anime and the manga, Adachi's subtleness to the readers is gone while keeping the denseness of the two main characters.
Old 2009-05-18, 19:04   Link #367
jpwong

I rejoice in knowing this will run a full year. Guess that means the manga might actually wrap up before the anime ends.

Yes, I do agree that the anime seems to be taking a slightly more blunt route in terms of making certain aspects of things obvious. I suppose it's just an adjustment they have to make for people who are watching instead of reading. There's certain things you can do in print that just aren't possible animated.
Old 2009-05-18, 19:32   Link #368
wayspooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
How do I love thee, "Cross Game"? Let me count the ways. In an era of pretentious or intentionally vapid or schoolgirl moe series at every turn, this one is completely unpretentious and honest and knows exactly what it wants to be. The art and BGM suit the material perfectly - bright, upbeat and to the point. There's no tricks here - just straightforward storytelling about interesting characters that only makes you realize after the fact that you've just seen something meaningful.
*nods* cheers to that
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 19:54   Link #369
cloudninja

I'm enjoying both the anime and manga versions. The anime fleshes things out more, maybe we can see a bit of extra material as long as it does'nt affect the main storyline too much. 51 episodes would be nice, it should be enough to cover the entire manga as long as it ends soon. Great job by the studio so far, hopefully they can keep it up all the way to the end.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 20:00   Link #370
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Whoah 51 episodes in one straight run?

Time to clear some space on my HD...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 20:40   Link #371
poko-kun

It's 51 ep. long?

wow

But I wish it could be longer to cover all arcs; waka,
Spoiler for arcs:
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 20:55   Link #372
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I think one of the things that drives Aoba crazy about Koh is his staid WTF attitude. He walks the line between confidence and cocky without crossing over. How does he get his stimulation? He relaxes on the berm by the river getting free pantsu service. He doesn't feel the need to share his baseball skills with anyone - he just wants to do his thing and silently put people in their place. No matter what Aoba - a naturally vocal person who acts cocky to overcompensate for her lack of self-confidence - does, she can't really get a reaction from him.
Unless she sighs three times, of course!
Old 2009-05-18, 21:36   Link #373
golthin

Quote:
Unless she sighs three times, of course!
Not just sighing, each sigh has to be louder then the previous one for it to have an effect.
Old 2009-05-19, 03:05   Link #374
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Well, this series irritates me, but in a good way (is that even possible?). The thing that I've been finding so enjoyable about this is the way the story builds up through the characters in a manner that's really well done and maintains a strong level of emotional honesty.

Furthermore, this show does an excellent job of laying out the plot points that one can expect down the line. With the current setup, the goal is for the characters to try to worm their way into the varsity team and doing so in an unconventional manner. I think I have an idea as to how this will all go down and because of that, I'm feeling just a tad bit impatient to see them show their true colors. Needless to say, I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 05:40   Link #375
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm slightly miffed that we see a cadre of the totally unlikable sports bullies that has been a bit of a trope for a while. I mean, most sports anime have 'bad guys' who usually have a more human side, but damn that coach and Azuma are like robots. And I guess it's sort of good that way. Now I can't help but cheer for Aoba and Kou to totally destroy them now.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 07:02   Link #376
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I'm slightly miffed that we see a cadre of the totally unlikable sports bullies that has been a bit of a trope for a while. I mean, most sports anime have 'bad guys' who usually have a more human side, but damn that coach and Azuma are like robots. And I guess it's sort of good that way. Now I can't help but cheer for Aoba and Kou to totally destroy them now.
Indeed. I won't be satisfied until Aoba and Koh beat the living shit out of them in one way or another.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 09:53   Link #377
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Not a manga reader so this is just a guess... But I'm betting Azuma is going to be turned from the dark side.
Old 2009-05-19, 10:44   Link #378
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

I'm enjoying the little differences this series is bringing to us, manga readers. I mean, after the masterful first episode, I did think they would throw us around for a bit, but they are emphasizing things that were so subtle in the manga, as well as adding little frills here and there, and I, for one, just love it.

May the whole of the 51 episodes be like these last seven.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 13:34   Link #379
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I'm enjoying the little differences this series is bringing to us, manga readers. I mean, after the masterful first episode, I did think they would throw us around for a bit, but they are emphasizing things that were so subtle in the manga, as well as adding little frills here and there, and I, for one, just love it.

May the whole of the 51 episodes be like these last seven.
This anime serves two purposes; It introduces Crossgame to the very few people in Japan(and iderectly the people abroad watching it) that have not read the manga. It also clears up any doubts or arguments that the fans have about the subtle hints that Adachi gives in the manga.

I am just going to give an example. The last scene between Aoba and Koh went unnoticed for me when I read it in the manga, but it was so clear in the anime that I really can't believe that went over my head.
Old 2009-05-19, 16:56   Link #380
Heliopolis
hodie mihi, cras tibi

Very good news indeed that Cross gamwe will be running 51(+) episodes ! This way we can truly enjoy the (manga)story to it's fullest. I really like the way the manga has been animated so far and the story will only get better.
Anime-only viewers are in for an amazing ride !
Heliopolis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports