AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 15:32   Link #1061
apropervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
If there is one person in this world doing that right now, I would be surprised.
Before my father died he gave me a list of things to do and to accomplish. Needless to say I would feel like a bad son if I wasn't doing or completing that list. People have different ways of honoring the dead, for me it is fulfilling the last wish of a dying man.

In Koh's case, he did not expect the death of Wakaba, so completing the list of gifts is probably his was way of fulfilling Wakaba's last (or should I say second-to-last) wish. I totally understand where Koh is coming from because I would and have acted in a similar manner. Nothing is wrong with honor and respect.

Maybe it's because I'm Asian? I don't want to bring ethnicity up as an issue, but I see some already have, so I'll stop right there.

But in the end, we are all entitled to our opinions. I say if you're unhappy with an aspect of the plot or characters, voice or opinion and argument, listen to what others have to say, then agree to disagree. But this is the internet after all...

Oh and Koh admitted to loving her to Azuma, but not to Wakaba herself. He was under the impression she'd be there so he had an entire lifetime to tell her, but we all know how that turned out.
apropervillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 15:36   Link #1062
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I don't know what everyone's problem is
It could be a 100 year old conspiracy to confuse you and bury your legitimate opinions. Or maybe you are the oddball here. The world will never now.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 16:31   Link #1063
Proto

On episode 25:

Spoiler:

And we got a new commercial cut scene. yay.
Old 2009-09-20, 16:51   Link #1064
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Cause the writer of this novel is stupid. It is some kind of plot mechanic. It obviously has something to do with the later episodes that will either make Aoba insecure, make her cry or something along those lines. The writer can't think of anything better to accomplish that task other than this.
You see, this is a problem I have with "plot devices" and "tropes" that seem to be popular now-a-days. My problem is that there are people like you who view an anime and pick out plot devices and such instead of involving yourself with the plot. Here's something that you're probably not aware of, but just about everything out there has a "plot device" and "tropes." You can't avoid it considering our source of entertainment.

What matters to me at least, is how involving a plot is while I ignore "plot devices" and "tropes" because all you're doing is limiting yourself. Take this anime one step at a time, you're only predicting what's going to happen, you could be right or you could be wrong but right now you're only jumping to conclusions, that's pure speculation. Why don't you finish watching this anime completely first before deciding whether or not the writer is "stupid" (although that's a poor choice of words.)

Quote:
I'm just stating the fact that it is out of character or no sane person irl is doing something like that. I don't know what everyone's problem is. It is clear as day and night. If there is one person in this world doing that right now, I would be surprised. One person with a list of gifts from a dead friend and that person is completing that list.
Really? It's a fact? From the beginning of this anime, Kou seems to be acting well within his character. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion but my problem with you is that you act like only your opinion matters without acknowledging the opinions of others. Listen, just because your morals differ from those of the protagonist, doesn't mean that there isn't a person like Kou out there. You're not the only person on this Earth, how do you know that there isn't a person out there doing exactly what Kou is doing? Let alone claiming whether or not they're sane.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:02   Link #1065
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Well, I just finished rewatching the entire series so far. It wasn't intentional. I intended to only rewatch the first episode. Which is a masterpiece, BTW. If you're going to pull off That Event in Episode 1 and make it reverberate through the next 51 episodes, you can't just depend on That Event by itself. The layers and pacing of the episode are amazing, and the voice work is stellar. It's hard to imagine someone watching the first episode and NOT getting sucked into watching more. Which is what happened to me. I did the "just one episode more" boogie about 23 times.

It's almost frightening to see how well SynergySP "gets" this story. I was apprehensive about how they were going to do justice to Aoba's character, but not only are they sticking to the basic story, but the animators managed to bring in a well-integrated, anime-original plotline that brings Aoba front-and-center. And the plotline addresses the question that the manga leaves rather fuzzy - why does Aoba stay at Seishu when she could probably become the best female player in Japan on a girl's team? (Yeah, yeah, dream, I know, I know.) But at least we know that Aoba's completely aware now of what she's passing up to stay at Seishu.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure, Kou never admitted he loved her cause he never did.
You are not watching the same show that most of the people here (and I) are watching. The scene between Kou and Azuma in ep 17 where they are discussing the photograph makes how Kou felt about Waka crystal clear (unless you were reading a bad translation, I suppose). And is there anyone in the Kitamura or Tsukishima households that has a single doubt about how Waka AND Kou felt about each other? I think Nomo has a better understanding of Kou and Waka's relationship than you do.

Quote:
I'm just stating the fact that it is out of character or no sane person irl is doing something like that. I don't know what everyone's problem is. It is clear as day and night. If there is one person in this world doing that right now, I would be surprised. One person with a list of gifts from a dead friend and that person is completing that list.
Having been raised by Japanese-born parents, I can assure you that giving small gifts to the dead (mochi at the family shrine at New Years, food or favorite toys at gravestones) happens all the time. And if it had been a girl that I had known (and loved, despite your denial) for literally all my ten years? I probably would not have finished the list (since I'm not as reliable as Kou), but there's a good chance I might have started.

If there ISN'T at least one person somewhere in this world doing something like that right now, I would be surprised.

Does the fact that Kou (and Aoba) went to Waka's grave to give verbal reports on Kou's debut as a high-school pitcher make them insane, too? I mean, Waka's dead. Dead people don't hear, right?
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:13   Link #1066
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Does the fact that Kou (and Aoba) went to Waka's grave to give verbal reports on Kou's debut as a high-school pitcher make them insane, too? I mean, Waka's dead. Dead people don't hear, right?
It's all down to personal beliefs - but thats too deep and i really dont wanna kick that off - but I know of quite afew people who often go to grave's of close ones that have passed to "speak" to them. Not so much speak but, just a means to talk about things that are on their minds, gives them a chance to lift a weight on their shoulders out in the open; speaking to an inanimated object is 10x easier than speaking to someone face to face - exp if ur personality is as closed off as Kou's is.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:34   Link #1067
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 25 subs are out.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-09-20 at 21:03.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 21:23   Link #1068
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 25 subs are out.
Thanks for the heads up. This was another nice episode. I enjoyed how Kou decided to practice fielding during the game, it was a nice little surprise for me. Solid episode.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 23:12   Link #1069
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
On episode 25:

Spoiler:

And we got a new commercial cut scene. yay.
Spoiler for 26 preview:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 23:32   Link #1070
Proto

About that...

Spoiler for 26 preview:

On other news, I guess we can expect at least a new ED, and at best a new OP next week.

*waku waku*
Old 2009-09-21, 00:22   Link #1071
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
About that...

Spoiler for 26 preview:

Spoiler for 26?:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 00:24   Link #1072
Proto

And that was 100% a could go either way answer. Sorry, I'm just teasing you, I'll stop now.

In any case I was serious with my comment that this is what I was thinking when I reached this point. in the sense pp. 24 was really poignant and... a strong revelation kind of episode. If they want to keep this kind of impact level they can't do it every other episode (I think the last one of this kind was ep.16 when Daimo was defeated) so i think we'll have a rest till the next time our hearth strings are tugged again.
Old 2009-09-21, 01:07   Link #1073
golthin

Quote:
I'm pretty sure, Kou never admitted he loved her cause he never did.
you are not paying attention or you miss datails easily. Azuma asked him if he loved her and he said yes. this happened when Azuma first moved in with him and he came to kou's room to put in some boxes and he saw the picture of Waka and Kou together.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 09:15   Link #1074
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

First off, the mid-episode screen looks really nice.

When in episode 25 Mizuki was going to ask why Aoba was going to continue playing baseball, I think it was fitting that she was asleep because the answer to that question isn't meant for his ears. For me I think only one other person deserves the answer to that. It's obvious who it is.

Kou thanking Azuma that because of him, no batter can surprise him now and Azuma smiling that smile probably has all the fangirls squeeing.

Kou and Aoba arguing in the outfield while the team just smiles and the "spies" taking notes was funny as hell. Of course they did manage to get good information on the team.

That said, data and information are not definite as Kou and Akaishi proves as the episode winds down. There's still the matter of Kou's stamina issues, but we've seen that he's been training his stamina for last few episodes. Can't wait until Seishu wipes the smirk of that coach's face.

Also as a previous poster said, Kou's comment on how Aoba seems like Wakaba is a very suspicious prophetic line of sorts. I would believe it means something much, much deeper than it seems.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 10:46   Link #1075
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
It's all down to personal beliefs - but thats too deep and i really dont wanna kick that off - but I know of quite afew people who often go to grave's of close ones that have passed to "speak" to them.
Yeah, I know that "speaking" to the dead at gravesites is common across many cultures. I'm trying to determine where Mr. "Kou-is-insane-for-buying-Waka-gifts" draws the insanity line for interacting with the dead. It doesn't really matter, I guess - If someone can't figure out how Kou really felt about Waka, their opinion on Kou's sanity can't carry much weight.
Old 2009-09-21, 11:19   Link #1076
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hey, just because someone can't pick up on subtleties (of which Adachi is known for and something he uses quite liberally in this series), doesn't mean we should all go batshit crazy on the guy.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:33   Link #1077
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hey, just because someone can't pick up on subtleties (of which Adachi is known for and something he uses quite liberally in this series), doesn't mean we should all go batshit crazy on the guy.
Speaking for myself, the reason I went batshit crazy on the guy was because he behaved in a very rude manner, to put it mildly.

I have no problem with people not picking up on subtlety. Sometimes those things go way over my head, as well.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 16:38   Link #1078
idont

anyone else dislike watching this one episode at a time. it's so good that the episode just flies by and i always am left thinking that was way too short. I'm going to wait for 3 or 4 episodes to be released before watching it again.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 17:59   Link #1079
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I have no problem with people not picking up on subtlety. Sometimes those things go way over my head, as well.
Subtlety? The only guy around who didn't know the history asked Kou the question. Kou answered affirmatively. This ain't rocket science, folks.

However, if one truly believes that Kou DIDN'T love Waka, then it wouldn't be much of a leap to assume that Kou was insane to keep buying Waka birthday gifts.

So I'll cease going batshit crazy and just look forward to all the good stuff coming in the third cour.
Old 2009-09-22, 02:00   Link #1080
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Well, I just finished rewatching the entire series so far. It wasn't intentional. I intended to only rewatch the first episode. Which is a masterpiece, BTW. If you're going to pull off That Event in Episode 1 and make it reverberate through the next 51 episodes, you can't just depend on That Event by itself. The layers and pacing of the episode are amazing, and the voice work is stellar. It's hard to imagine someone watching the first episode and NOT getting sucked into watching more. Which is what happened to me. I did the "just one episode more" boogie about 23 times.
Looks like I'm late to the party.

I watched the first episode this morning (after pulling an all-nighter, had 30mins before class). Just wow. Very well done. Will watch more when I have the time xD.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports