AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-19, 21:44   Link #1321
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Poor Koh, the loss must have affected him more than I thought because he couldn't keep he's promise with Wakaba about going to Koshien. Now he had mental break down at the end of the ep that he's imagining Wakaba now.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 22:19   Link #1322
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Spoiler for 29:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 23:49   Link #1323
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
We are going to put juicy spoilers in every post just for you.

But indeed, I have high expectations for the next set of episodes. We are in for a lot of good stuff I hope.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 01:44   Link #1324
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
We are going to put juicy spoilers in every post just for you.

But indeed, I have high expectations for the next set of episodes. We are in for a lot of good stuff I hope.
I agree, this anime has yet to let any one of us down so we should have faith and believe in the next episode. I have a feeling that it's going to be a huge episode and might very well be just as good, if not better than this last episode.
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 04:04   Link #1325
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I agree, this anime has yet to let any one of us down so we should have faith and believe in the next episode.
I am amazed at this anime. Maybe it is because of the source material that already was so good, but so many good shows seem to be place on this broadcast time. Cross game share the same broadcast time as another one of my all time favorite shows -Gurren Lagann-. If they keep being loyal to the source material, they have a winner here.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 04:45   Link #1326
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
I'm just waiting to be blown away again. I've been blown away 3 times by this show, and I'm almost sure that such an event is just around the corner.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 13:49   Link #1327
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I am amazed at this anime. Maybe it is because of the source material that already was so good, but so many good shows seem to be place on this broadcast time. Cross game share the same broadcast time as another one of my all time favorite shows -Gurren Lagann-. If they keep being loyal to the source material, they have a winner here.
Well, I've seen plenty of good source materials in various forms only to be buried by it's anime adaptation. I give a lot of credit to the anime staff and Adachi for being able to create such a faithful anime and at the same time get the messages across in such a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm just waiting to be blown away again. I've been blown away 3 times by this show, and I'm almost sure that such an event is just around the corner.
It could be even closer
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 16:55   Link #1328
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Wow, this week is already tough.... I'm trying SO HARD not to pick up the manga. This is really painful...

So how about some speculation from us non manga readers...!

Assuming that this Wakaba is just a look a like... How would it affect Kou and Aoba?

Assuming that this is really Wakaba... How would this affect Kou and Aoba?

I say that either way, this will help both characters realize how much they appreciate each other's existence in the absence of Wakaba all these years.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 18:00   Link #1329
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Wow, this week is already tough.... I'm trying SO HARD not to pick up the manga. This is really painful...

So how about some speculation from us non manga readers...!

Assuming that this Wakaba is just a look a like... How would it affect Kou and Aoba?

Assuming that this is really Wakaba... How would this affect Kou and Aoba?

I say that either way, this will help both characters realize how much they appreciate each other's existence in the absence of Wakaba all these years.
There is absolutely no way that this new person is Wakaba. She died. Accept it.

Now, as to if this person is a Wakaba look-alike (assuming that Kou hasn't lost it and is just imagining that she looks like Wakaba), this will complicate the thawing of Kou and Aoba's relationship. I see a few possibilities:

1. She is personality-wise nothing like Wakaba. So her appearance doesn't change things much except that we've got someone who reminds them of Wakaba walking around. Unsettling at first, but this may give the relationship between Kou and Aoba a needed nudge.

2. She is scarily similar to Wakaba and Kou and company use her as a surrogate. She happily accepts the role since she's coming from a tragedy of her own. This cheapens the story so far, so I don't think this is likely.

3. She is scarily similar to Wakaba and Kou and company use her as a surrogate. But she gets freaked out by the similarities and comparisons and moves far, far away. This allows the relationship between Kou and Aoba to continue after the derailing.

There's more possibilities, but I'm wondering what this may mean for Akaishi.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 18:03   Link #1330
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
There's more possibilities, but I'm wondering what this may mean for Akaishi.
That's actually something I'd like to see addressed, as well. GREAT episode, yet again.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 20:39   Link #1331
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That's actually something I'd like to see addressed, as well. GREAT episode, yet again.
Yes, me as well. He was just as devastated by Waka's death as Kou.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 02:31   Link #1332
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: August 17th - 31st
Proto, Rumblefish...

I'll admit it might just be me.

I'm someone who enjoys a well done close up on an expressive face, a slight clutch of a fist, or anything along those lines... rather than a repeated line or a flashback of something that just happened 10 mins ago.

For me, the only thing worse than a flashback of something that just happened... would be a flashback of a flashback (unless used for comedic purposes).
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 00:10   Link #1333
totalnet
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Middle of Somewhere
I completely forgotten that Seishū had lose this game to Ryuō. But then the new OP kind spoil the result for me, because they added the players from Ryuō to the OP. You know Seishū will have to face them again.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 00:44   Link #1334
jpwong
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
I completely forgotten that Seishū had lose this game to Ryuō. But then the new OP kind spoil the result for me, because they added the players from Ryuō to the OP. You know Seishū will have to face them again.
Even if they weren't in the OP, it should be fairly clear from the game that they're going to be the single largest obstacle to Seishu getting to Koshien when they come back in their third year. It would be almost unthinkable for them to loose by such a slim margin and then steamroll Ryuo the next time they play.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:25   Link #1335
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
There's more possibilities, but I'm wondering what this may mean for Akaishi.
Agreed. I have no idea where it is going, but I get the feeling Akaishi might have an even harder time of dealing with it.

Poor Akaishi. Kou and Azuma are baseball talents, plus they work very hard. Akaaishi though, he's working just as hard and is as focused (in clear contrast to the rest of the team who are all working hard but don't have the same level of drive). Still, Akaishi is just not as skilled as either Azuma or Kou. I think he's feeling it too.

It makes him a very interesting character-
Sackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 15:38   Link #1336
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Agreed. I have no idea where it is going, but I get the feeling Akaishi might have an even harder time of dealing with it.

Poor Akaishi. Kou and Azuma are baseball talents, plus they work very hard. Akaaishi though, he's working just as hard and is as focused (in clear contrast to the rest of the team who are all working hard but don't have the same level of drive). Still, Akaishi is just not as skilled as either Azuma or Kou. I think he's feeling it too.

It makes him a very interesting character-
Yeah, with the coach's psychological jabs and the thought of what Azuma said running through his mind ("if the team loses with both Azuma and Kou on the roster, it'll be their teammates' fault"), he's gotta be feeling some pressure. But even with his poor at bats, he's still a rock on the team, both with his defense and his understanding of the game. He's sort of like an on-the-field coach, in some respects.

I can't really imagine how he'd look and act in a state of deep doubt. He's been pretty steady emotionally all series long. I'm really interested to see how he handles the whole Wakaba scenario with all the other baggage he must be carrying at this point.
__________________


MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 23:27   Link #1337
poko-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Ep. #30

This episode sure gives less work for fan-subber.
__________________
It's Cross game month!
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 01:00   Link #1338
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Ep. #30

This episode sure gives less work for fan-subber.
I really wish you could stop teasing me, although I enjoy reading your vague comments Well I'll be eagerly awaiting the subs to be released
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 02:17   Link #1339
poko-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
You can watch Raw, I dare say.
__________________
It's Cross game month!
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 02:41   Link #1340
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
This is a series that is better enjoyed at one's own pace, so whichever form he prefers would be the ideal one for him. I mean, we already know the manga script to heart from having read it so many times, so we have an unfair advantage there with the raw.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.