AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-26, 22:23   Link #1381
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Age: 28
It didn't have the same impact on me as episode 1 did at all...I was too busy being pissed. A brief flashback is acceptable, possibly even half the episode. But practically the entire thing? With no progress being made at all? That just ticks me off, especially with the cliffhanger it was left teetering on. I think this was the first time the show actually let me down.
__________________


MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 22:29   Link #1382
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
It didn't have the same impact on me as episode 1 did at all...I was too busy being pissed. A brief flashback is acceptable, possibly even half the episode. But practically the entire thing? With no progress being made at all? That just ticks me off, especially with the cliffhanger it was left teetering on. I think this was the first time the show actually let me down.
Of all the anime series out there, I think this series deserves some leniency. I mean, there's nothing left to do but to wait until the next episode which will be the start of more Cross Game greatness
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 22:33   Link #1383
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
So did you enjoy it just as I did? Because it seems like most are turned off by the recap, but that's probably because some people have re-watched some or all of the Cross Game episodes too many times I've only watched everything once so this last episode made the perfect impact on me
I certainly did. I was initially disappointed at another week of suspense (not really, as I've reached my conclusions about "Wakaba") but it ended up being kind of a nice change from the intensity of the last several eps. Plus, it was a very well-done montage and packed a lot of emotional punch.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:16   Link #1384
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I certainly did. I was initially disappointed at another week of suspense (not really, as I've reached my conclusions about "Wakaba") but it ended up being kind of a nice change from the intensity of the last several eps. Plus, it was a very well-done montage and packed a lot of emotional punch.
I'm glad someone else feels similar.

To be honest, this episode had more of an impact on me personally than episode 1 because I just didn't understand what Wakaba really meant to Kou as I watched Cross Game for the first time. I was actually angry at Kou for showing no reaction to Wakaba's death at first and didn't understand the type of person he was at the time but, I was glad that he cried to let everything out at the end of the episode. Now that I realize what type of show this is and the subtleties, episode 30 did the job for me.
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-10-26 at 23:33.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 00:20   Link #1385
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Unnecessary
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
AMG, how can they make ep 30 a freaking recap of episode 1? Sigh... what a big bummer.
__________________

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 01:20   Link #1386
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Well, the reason might become more obvious with the following episodes. Or it might not. But neverthless there is a reason behind it, if the idea was to have a recap, to only have it done from episode 1.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 01:47   Link #1387
leongsh
Daijoubu!
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, the reason might become more obvious with the following episodes. Or it might not. But neverthless there is a reason behind it, if the idea was to have a recap, to only have it done from episode 1.
Well, the first moderator to post about Episode 30 in this thread has succinctly mentioned the reason for this episode and its implications (link).
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 02:39   Link #1388
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Anyhow... This episode makes me really upset. I now have to wait twice as long to see the implications of this fake Wakaba. Damnit.
Now you guys know how manga readers feel when Cross Game constantly goes on a 2-4 week break lol Still disappointing to see a recap episode, they were probably behind on schedule.. not many 4 cour series escape without having to do a recap... lol @ the massive difference in this thread compared to FMA Brotherhood episode 27.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 11:43   Link #1389
mit7059
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Now you guys know how manga readers feel when Cross Game constantly goes on a 2-4 week break lol Still disappointing to see a recap episode, they were probably behind on schedule.. not many 4 cour series escape without having to do a recap... lol @ the massive difference in this thread compared to FMA Brotherhood episode 27.
or 6 week break

Comeon we've been pretty spoiled with cross game than they're not splitting it up into two seasons. Imagine what you would have done if they had taken like a 2 -4 month break after ep.29?
__________________
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullshit ~Coach Davids

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 15:05   Link #1390
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Think White Album. Now shiver...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:17   Link #1391
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Well, personally, I enjoyed this little flashback episode. I went into it thinking that I was going to end up pissed for not getting to know anything new about the girl who showed up, but the whole montage that they presented us was still incredibly touching. And, I guess, since this girl might have an impact on Kou's and Ao's relationship, it must've been a nice move to refresh our memories about their relationship in the past and how meaningful Waka's death was to them.

Anyway, on a bit of a different topic, does anyone here read the manga? I'm curious if I need to read it from the start or if I could start from where the anime is right now without feeling lost or losing important information. If the latter, anyone knows which chapter would that be? It's up to 150+ right now, but I have no clue which chapter we're on. Thanks in advance.
__________________

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2009-10-27 at 20:50.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:47   Link #1392
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Anyway, on a bit of a different topic, does anyone here read the manga? I'm curious if I need to read it from the start or if I could start from where the anime is right now without feeling lost or losing important information. If the latter, anyone knows which chapter would that be? It's up to 150+ right now, but I have no clue which chapter we're on. Thanks in advance.
Well that's the beauty of an anime series that is so faithful to the manga, I believe you can just pick the manga up where the anime series left off but if you want to be on the safe side, wait for someone that both reads the manga and watches the anime before doing anything. I only watch the anime.

Someone actually already mentioned the chapter so here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
If any of the anime watchers can't stand the waiting anymore the end of ep 29 corresponds with the first page of chapter 102. Just letting you know.
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-10-27 at 20:48. Reason: Typo
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 01:53   Link #1393
mit7059
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 24
Yeah there is no problem with switching to the manga from the anime it's a pretty true adaptation. In fact it would be more confusing to switch to the anime from the manga because of the filler. Also the number scheme is weird for the chapters, if you to mangaone or mangafox or something there are 160 chapters, but manga downloads (the group scanlating it) is 10 numbers behind because Adachi (the mangaka) restarted his numbering after volume 1 (little Kou and Waka). So 102 corresponds to the mangaone numbers, if you're looking for them on manga download's site it would be chapter 92.
__________________
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullshit ~Coach Davids

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 09:17   Link #1394
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
On the other side, and as a seocnd opinion, I would recommend people to only start the manga till the anime is over. the anime is such a true adaptation, that you will win little other than more plot if you decide to switch to the manga, so I'd recommend people to follow the anime and not ruining the surprise for them. Well yes, I fell to the temptation myself,but sometiems I regret it since I can no longer feel that enthusiastic about each new anime episode
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 10:41   Link #1395
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
On the other side, and as a seocnd opinion, I would recommend people to only start the manga till the anime is over. the anime is such a true adaptation, that you will win little other than more plot if you decide to switch to the manga, so I'd recommend people to follow the anime and not ruining the surprise for them. Well yes, I fell to the temptation myself,but sometiems I regret it since I can no longer feel that enthusiastic about each new anime episode
well, even if you read the manga, you would need to read it like 5 times over to be able to get all the hidden messages that Adachi have there. The anime has brought to light many things I didn't get from the first time I read the manga.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 13:13   Link #1396
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Quote:
On the other side, and as a seocnd opinion, I would recommend people to only start the manga till the anime is over. the anime is such a true adaptation, that you will win little other than more plot if you decide to switch to the manga, so I'd recommend people to follow the anime and not ruining the surprise for them. Well yes, I fell to the temptation myself,but sometiems I regret it since I can no longer feel that enthusiastic about each new anime episode
While I certainly see your point, golthin has mentioned something pretty interesting too. Not only are there "hidden messages" all over the dialogues, as Adachi loves to put these up, they're usually presented with brilliance in the anime, because the direction really is pretty good. So I'm not really worried about ruining the 'surprises'.

Also, since we're getting "near" the end now, I wonder what kind of ending the anime will have. I mean, the manga's still not done and from what I'm told, so there's a chance that we might get an original ending on the animated version?
__________________
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 13:36   Link #1397
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Quote:
I mean, the manga's still not done and from what I'm told
There are high possibilities that the manga will end in the next 10 chapters. There won't be the need for an anime original ending in that case. Other than that, the other two most recent works that SynergySP, Hayate no Gotoku S1 and Zettai Karen Children didn't bother iwth an anime original ending and went the open ending route, leaving it just as it is so that a S2 can eventually fit in, which is a good alternative IMHO.

Quote:
While I certainly see your point, golthin has mentioned something pretty interesting too. Not only are there "hidden messages" all over the dialogues, as Adachi loves to put these up, they're usually presented with brilliance in the anime, because the direction really is pretty good. So I'm not really worried about ruining the 'surprises'.
I was referring to the main plotline with the ruining part, but yeh, I get what you are saying, even for a manga reader the aniem can be a refreshing experience, however I think that it loses some impact from knowing beforehand wha'ts going to happen even if you didn't get all the little details
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 16:46   Link #1398
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I was referring to the main plotline with the ruining part, but yeh, I get what you are saying, even for a manga reader the aniem can be a refreshing experience, however I think that it loses some impact from knowing beforehand wha'ts going to happen even if you didn't get all the little details
Well you can always just stop reading the manga
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 17:00   Link #1399
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
The torture of waiting for the latest developments would only be worse.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 17:06   Link #1400
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The torture of waiting for the latest developments would only be worse.
But at the same time, it would be all that much more satisfying when you're surprised with the revelation in the anime Do you know how hard it is for me to hold myself back on reading the manga? (You, of all people should understand.) Still, I enjoy the anticipation
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.