AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 12:27   Link #1461
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Nice to see long-term people changing their avatar/signatures. Goes to show how much people enjoy this little gem, eh?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 12:33   Link #1462
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Verging a little from the meta talk, I just watched the RAW for episode 31, and well, here is the usual spoiler

Spoiler for plot point of episode 31:

Other than that, I had misty and cloudy eyes during the whole episode, even though the episode isn't particularly sad rather than nostalgic. Goes to show how good this episode was I guess. The anime team knows their fare, all the added scenes from the manga are pretty well done and add color to the story.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:12   Link #1463
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Welll ok, I did the unspeakable and changed my avatar that I hadn't changed since I joined in Jan 2004. Poor Fujibayashi Suzu. Aw well, it's only for 1 week.

Anyway, be sure to go to other boards and spread the love. Meanwhile I'll go and watch the new episode of that other 2009 top show (Kemono no Souja Erin. Shameless plug.)

Did you add imageshack to your blocklist in adblock?
Yeah, I turned off my Ad blocker, so now it's working

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:29   Link #1464
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man - it's amazing seeing all these Kous and Aobas all over the boards this morning. What a great friggin' idea. I don't know if it'll get anyone to watch the show, but if nothing else the place is more fun to look at...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:31   Link #1465
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Man - it's amazing seeing all these Kous and Aobas all over the boards this morning. What a great friggin' idea. I don't know if it'll get anyone to watch the show, but if nothing else the place is more fun to look at...
Yes, it is. Also funny are the various personal texts being displayed.

Old 2009-11-01, 13:36   Link #1466
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yes, it is. Also funny are the various personal texts being displayed.
Indeed - though I'm please Poko-kun's sig phrase is unchanged.
Old 2009-11-01, 13:38   Link #1467
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Thanks I'll be taking the new one then. Now to find a good place to start spreading the Word of the Church of Kitamura after I make a animated avy.
If it's possible, I hope you could do me a favor and create an animated avatar for me. One of Kou striking someone out which then follows with Kou's strikeout stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Welll ok, I did the unspeakable and changed my avatar that I hadn't changed since I joined in Jan 2004. Poor Fujibayashi Suzu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Eh, it wasn't easy, taking Chagum and Balsa down. But for Kou, I'll make an exception.
Oh christ, I'm gonna miss Nagisa But this is well worth it when so many gather up and do something for one of greatest series I've seen to this day.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:51   Link #1468
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

If you're going for Cross Game avatars, do it right.

They should cry every time they see it... hit'em where it hurts.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:52   Link #1469
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Oh, some animated avatars would be really nice...

Old 2009-11-01, 15:08   Link #1470
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, some animated avatars would be really nice...
Which is a direct hit to me, isn't it? Which scenes should I animate, anything is fine even if they don't do the V sign or something of sort?

Anyway, have a look at a project I have been working on sometime ago (I see the file date is september 6, so almost 2 months) before giving up. It was basically an attempt to bring Aoba and Kou together throughout their pětches.

I had to give up because this particular kind of animation required too many frames (even optimized at 128 colours, the avatar would still be 110 KB), 28 precisely, 14 for Aoba's pitch and 14 for Kou's. But now, if I split it in two halves, it wouldn't be that difficult to make them AS safe. Hence:

Aoba version:

Kou version:

So, what do you think? You even get a free glimpse of Akaishi
Old 2009-11-01, 15:24   Link #1471
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Which is a direct hit to me, isn't it? Which scenes should I animate, anything is fine even if they don't do the V sign or something of sort?

Aoba version:

Kou version:

So, what do you think? You even get a free glimpse of Akaishi
Thanks a lot Pellissier, you've done so much for all of us already. But I hope it's not too much trouble if I ask a favor of you, could you possibly do the animated Avatar I requested earlier? I believe there's a shot at the end of episode 27 where Kou strikes a batter out looking and then it shows Kou in a stance (which I like to label the "strikeout stance" ) It might be too many frames but I'm hoping you can work your magic

It's Kou's look of determination that I want to capture

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-01, 15:27   Link #1472
mit7059

Pellissier, thank you so much for the signatures and avatars. But I have a request. Is it possible to make a sig with the image of aoba and kou in the sweatshirts like this
Spoiler for what I'm looking for:

If you don't want I won't blame you but it's my favorite cross game image.

Thanks.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 16:11   Link #1473
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I believe there's a shot at the end of episode 27 where Kou strikes a batter out looking and then it shows Kou in a stance (which I like to label the "strikeout stance" ) It might be too many frames but I'm hoping you can work your magic

It's Kou's look of determination that I want to capture
Is this the right scene? And if so is it ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
Pellissier, thank you so much for the signatures and avatars. But I have a request. Is it possible to make a sig with the image of aoba and kou in the sweatshirts like this
Not a problem at all, hope this will do.

Old 2009-11-01, 16:24   Link #1474
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
If you're going for Cross Game avatars, do it right.

They should cry every time they see it... hit'em where it hurts.
I have created a number of avatars from Cross Game since the anime started but went back to the very first one I created from Episode 1. Current week's episode (i.e. Episode 31) is the main reason why it was chosen.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 16:30   Link #1475
DeX-kun

Quote:

Yes, that's the exact scene. It may be asking for too much but is it possible to capture the opponent with Akaishi and then Kou's stance? (Probably way too much to be AS safe )

If not, I would appreciate it if you could capture Kou's whole stance, like his legs and hands also which then rises and shows his face. Sorry for being such a pain Thanks again for everything.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-01, 16:50   Link #1476
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pellissier, you've already done way too much. But for an animated avatar, the logical pick for me would be the one from the OP, Kou's "Ookiku Furikabutte" ending with the "V".
Old 2009-11-01, 17:03   Link #1477
mit7059

Quote:

Not a problem at all, hope this will do.

Thank you so much!

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 17:12   Link #1478
kanon78
hodie mihi, cras tibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Watched #31

Spoiler for Perfect timing ever, Momiji!:
That was really a nice one and Momiji doesn't even know half the impact her words had on Kou.
Old 2009-11-01, 18:12   Link #1479
justavisitor

guess you guys' strategy on these cross-game's avatar is working (at least I am buying it )...I thought someone was gonna re-anime "touch" lol...never heard of this anime, so I went to wikipedia for a check ---baseball highschool romance story...sounds like it fits my taste...the only problem is I don't know whether I should read the manga or watch the anime...I heard the manga is still ongoing...will anime and manga end at the same time??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 18:22   Link #1480
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

At the rate it is going it is highly possible. In terms of which is better: It depends on your preference. The anime adaptation is very good and loyal to the original material, so you aren't losing anything in terms of plot content in the transition. The anime developers also have a high understanding of the author intentions and expand in Adachi's world with some nice extra material. The manga however, has its own charms which mainly revolves around Adachi's subtle storytelling style. Why don't you watch the anime first episode, and the manga's first volume and compare? Otherwise, you can always watch what is out for the anime and later go to the manga.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports