AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 01:04   Link #1681
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Cousin. I don't know why I transformed her into her sister, sorry.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 03:48   Link #1682
Ansalem
Speaker

Okay, so I started H2 since I enjoyed Cross Game so much, and already in Episode 1 a pitcher has struck down a criminal from behind. Adachi really likes to have characters do that, eh? Twice so far in CG and already here.

On an unrelated note, these H2 subs are quite possibly the worst I've ever seen.
Old 2009-11-14, 03:56   Link #1683
Proto

Hmm... well the H2 anime isn't that well regarded actually (more like it ended midway the manga run so it doesn't really have an ending apparently). If you want to try another Adachi adapted series, you might want to try Touch instead. (Central Anime is just re-releasing with the DVD raws). But it's your call, really.
Old 2009-11-14, 07:06   Link #1684
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Seems like they're giving out more CG goodies in addition to the weekly wallpapers: http://www.shopro.co.jp/tv/crossgame...log_parts.html

The 10th of every month the flash clock changes. A present box shows up and a QR code pops out. Change your PC time to the 10th of any month to see this. :P

The QR gift code currently is
Spoiler for QR:

Since my cell hasn't internet, and I think the URL might be restricted to DoCoMo users only, I have no clue what it is. Whoever's capable, go find out and share with us please. :P

CG ringtone's also being given out on the main site too.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:35   Link #1685
Nosauz

man this show deserves its own sub forum, probably the best sol i've seen in a while but then again genishken never got its own sub forum. God damn I always seem to cry, adachi is so skilled.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:53   Link #1686
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
man this show deserves its own sub forum, probably the best sol i've seen in a while but then again genishken never got its own sub forum. God damn I always seem to cry, adachi is so skilled.
Well, realistically the show just doesn't have enough posting to warrant a subforum. It's at 1600ish after 32 episodes, compared to say Bakemonogatari, which has as many after 13 episodes in just the general discussion thread, not to mention the other threads. CG does seem to be gaining some interest lately, though, with the avatar/sig campaign that got me, and all of the favorable reviews in the 2009 favorites thread.
Old 2009-11-14, 17:12   Link #1687
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

1 more hour to Cross Game episode 33 and hopefully it will pick up where Ko and Aoba left off!

I'm sure many people here already know, the broadcast is today Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 8PM-9PM (EST). Here is Gogoanime's schedule if you are interested. Not sure why they give an hour time frame (the episode is only 30 minutes max), so if this is the wrong broadcast information, I'd appreciate it if you post the actual time and what timezone.

I'm actually watching a boxing match tonight that takes place during the broadcast, so I will probably end up watching it tomorrow (if not much later tonight).

Last edited by HitagiIsHot; 2009-11-14 at 19:05. Reason: Corrected information thanks to Free
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 18:43   Link #1688
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

That's gogoanime's upload schedule. If you're watching live streaming with progs like keyholetv, the show airs on Sun. 10 AM JST, which for US time zones: Sat. 8PM EST, 5PM PST.

This week: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/c...uiz/index.html

Calendar for 3 months. After 4 shows they'll probably change Cross Game quiz to something else. o:

Last edited by Free; 2009-11-14 at 20:39.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 19:02   Link #1689
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Sweet. Thanks for clearing that up Free. Unfortunately, I will still have to miss the 8PM showing tonight =(.
Old 2009-11-14, 20:38   Link #1690
PeterI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
That's gogoanime's upload schedule. If you're watching live streaming with progs like keyholetv, the show airs on Sun. 10 AM JST, which for US time zones: Sat. 8PM EST, 5PM PST.
Spoiler for Cross Game Quiz
Spoiler:
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:20   Link #1691
poko-kun

Any of you didn't like Aoba at the beginning of the show? ^^
And now people are rooting for her. She sure grows on viewers little by little.
Old 2009-11-15, 01:29   Link #1692
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Any of you didn't like Aoba at the beginning of the show? ^^
And now people are rooting for her. She sure grows on viewers little by little.
I still don't really like her that much - her belligerent attitude towards Kou (and life in general) tends to wear on me. But I suppose that makes her occasional bursts of humility that much more charming. Besides, the idea of Kou being with Akane is so so clearly wrong on so many levels, and if he and Aoba don't at the very least become close friends I'll feel cheated. My emotional investment in the characters is huge at this point.

Plus, she's hawt...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:48   Link #1693
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I still don't really like her that much - her belligerent attitude towards Kou (and life in general) tends to wear on me. But I suppose that makes her occasional bursts of humility that much more charming. Besides, the idea of Kou being with Akane is so so clearly wrong on so many levels, and if he and Aoba don't at the very least become close friends I'll feel cheated. My emotional investment in the characters is huge at this point.

Plus, she's hawt...
I definitely was put off by her attitude early on, but I feel she's mellowed out a lot recently, even though she doesn't want to admit it. Before, when she was mean to Kou, it seemed like she really meant it. But she's slowly coming to realize that she doesn't hate him and shouldn't resent him for hogging all of Wakaba's time. For example, the way she was watching him at the game when they were eliminated from the tournament (Ep 28 I think), you can start to see the way she really thinks of him, and it seems like she's slowly starting to realize it too. Her antics with him seem a lot more like teasing than they did earlier in episodes.
Old 2009-11-15, 01:59   Link #1694
poko-kun

(Ok... I should not laugh, this is not supposed to be loled at)
but still... settai kawai.

I think I need to change my siggy sooner or later.
Can't you be less cute, Azuma?

More character development... I'm having hard time to pick which couple I should root.

Spoiler for The cuteness of Azuma:

Last edited by poko-kun; 2009-11-15 at 02:18.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 02:49   Link #1695
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

For any interested parties, here are the Cross Game Quiz calendars for the previous weeks:

2009 November ver. A (10/18)

2009 November ver. B (10/25)

2009 December ver. A (11/01)

2009 December ver. B (11/08)
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:16   Link #1696
Miles Teg

1920*1200 version of the Cross Game Quiz calendars 2009 December ver. B

Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 09:25   Link #1697
xKeen

Just watched the first episode.And,what a :l way to start the first episode.Usually an episode wouldn't bring me attached enough to a character to have feelings to it but I had a little bit of tears xD

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 12:07   Link #1698
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Just watched the first episode.And,what a :l way to start the first episode.Usually an episode wouldn't bring me attached enough to a character to have feelings to it but I had a little bit of tears xD
Yeah, I think it probably comes from them being adorable children in that episode. Makes you more prone to strong emotion about them.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:23   Link #1699
Proto

Hmm... so we got a fill in the blanks type of episode. Not bad, not bad.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:40   Link #1700
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Well, realistically the show just doesn't have enough posting to warrant a subforum. It's at 1600ish after 32 episodes, compared to say Bakemonogatari, which has as many after 13 episodes in just the general discussion thread, not to mention the other threads. CG does seem to be gaining some interest lately, though, with the avatar/sig campaign that got me, and all of the favorable reviews in the 2009 favorites thread.
eh, but adachi's works really deserve more space to for discussion because adachi is quite a prolific writer that many themes can be seen throughout his work, especially when it comes to character archtypes and even though they share same archtypes all his characters feel unique, my point is the amount of information in his work is beyond just one thread, where in fact it does deserve more space to be discussed.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports