AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 12:28   Link #1841
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Don't worry, you're not alone, my mirror counterpart.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 12:29   Link #1842
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Unfortunately, Aoba doesn't reciprocate. Love is a two-way street after all. If she has feelings for him then she's hiding it really, really, really well.
I'll list the hints I found about Aoba towards Kou tomorrow.
It's 2 am. now

Let's try before I go to bed
Spoiler for sample:

more to go, but I'm sleepy now.

Last edited by poko-kun; 2009-11-24 at 12:59.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 12:30   Link #1843
Nosauz

Sometimes I do hate how adachi is... god damn rough and touch
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:11   Link #1844
CWW
Lurker

I thought it was a picture of Wakaba and herself. Seriously, young Aoba and Kou are hard to distinguish.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:17   Link #1845
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I get the impression that the introduction of Akane and Azuma joining the polygon are somewhat distorting the perception of things. Never forget that from episode 2 to 29 the whole anime has been busy in the building of the Kou/Aoba relationship. That's why such option can't be discarded easily, or even better, it's the only plausible true ending, imho.
Obviously though the two of them weren't moving too much, hence I think that with Akane a catalyst has been thrown. A male counterpart was needed, and since Mizuki has failed in this department, a much more believable one was put in the scene, Azuma. In my opinion, another catalyst.

As for signs of affection of Aoba towards Kou... I didn't even check the episodes, just writing the first that come to mind:

- I mentioned this sometime ago, however in one of the first episodes Aoba covers Kou's face with a cloth in the Waka & Kou picture in her room because she can't stand his view. In later episodes we see the cloth is gone.

- Aoba goes to the training camp to bring back Kou his bag. Do you think she would have gone all the way for anyone else?

- In the same episode, Aoba sees Kou training (running) and secretly leaves him a towel along with a bottle of juice on the stairway.

- When Kou had that "intestinal" problem (milk 3-4 days past expired date) Aoba stayed at the window all the time waiting for his arrival, and smiled when he did, whispering "girigiri safe" (barely safe).

- The Napolitan she cooked for Kou, "doing her best for him" (Ichiyo's words, supported by facts since the Napolitan was not only edible but apparently good too).

- When Aoba goes to the date with Mizuki, she's gloomy all the time. When they come back they met Kou, she fights with him a little bit in the usual way, and feels revived after that, to the point that even Mizuki says "perhaps I should've joined the baseball club too".

- When Kou is called for an interview, Aoba stops him because his hairs are not in order, and tells him to fix them. Also she gives him a clean shirt since the one he's wearing is messy.

- "IKE KOU!" during the match vs. Ryuou. No one could get near her during those moments.

- After Ryuou, on the bus, her smile.

- The scouting Akane sequence, and then reporting everything to Kou.

- The "thank you" scene. She was definitely by hit Kou's care for her.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-11-25 at 03:40. Reason: typo
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:22   Link #1846
Ansalem
Speaker

I'd have to agree with the idea that Aoba x Kou has been built throughout the show. I feel like the addition of these new love interests is going to end up creating a scenario that actually forces them to express their feelings that we know are there from all of the subtle hints throughout the series from both Aoba and Kou.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:03   Link #1847
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Still, the author could choose to develop their relationship in the lines of very good lifetime friends without necessarily having to pair them up. He's even giving us viable alternatives. And Adachi is unconventional enough in that respect for us to say that Akane and Azuma are mere fodders.

p.s. And with this post, I become the #1 poster in this thread. Take that, Guardian Enzo.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:14   Link #1848
Nosauz

I'm sorry but it would be nearly be impossible for aoba to confess that she loves kou, without a catalyst, azuma/akane, because she knows just like akaishi, when kou is being shidosans slave what is in kou's heart.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:19   Link #1849
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Still, the author could choose to develop their relationship in the lines of very good lifetime friends without necessarily having to pair them up. He's even giving us viable alternatives. And Adachi is unconventional enough in that respect for us to say that Akane and Azuma are mere fodders.

p.s. And with this post, I become the #1 poster in this thread. Take that, Guardian Enzo.
Agreed. Not to mention Akane and Azuma are developed quite well for side characters. Azuma is a truly a major player on their road to Koshein. In addition to looking like Wakaba, Akane seems like a saint to everyone around her, how can anyone not like her character? That said, both characters are still pretty mysterious (about who they like) at this point in the anime (well more Akane and less Azuma).

Also props to Poko and Pellisier, nice evidence for Aoba x Kou.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:20   Link #1850
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I feel like the addition of these new love interests is going to end up creating a scenario that actually forces them to express their feelings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I'm sorry but it would be nearly be impossible for aoba to confess that she loves kou, without a catalyst, azuma/akane
No doubts about that.

It is the basic idea. Kou and Aoba went through a lot, a whole lot of happenings and development. But they were come to a point where, for a reason or another (Wakaba's memories, the difficult of moving from their previous positions, the inability to realize their new true feelings), they were stalling.
I think they couldn't go much further than they already had, if new elements didn't pop out. You can say they were in dire need of a spur, and what's better of a potential love interest for both parts? Hence Akane and Azuma, their "incentives".
Old 2009-11-24, 14:41   Link #1851
Nosauz

I mean it's obvious, that aoba loves wakaba a lot, so anything that would "disrupt" wakaba's happiness must be just eating her up, especially after they talk about what type of guy aoba likes, because wakaba just turns and says that she can't have him. All things just compound to drive them further and further apart. Their intense love for some one dead seperates them from the world of the living, and they continue to avoid the truth. I think kou avoids it because it might make it seem that he's forgetting wakaba. The story is a painful one even with all these "happy" moments compared to adachi's other works, which is why the azumaxaoba thing just drives me nuts.
Old 2009-11-24, 15:58   Link #1852
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
It might be plausible but the thing is, the melody so far hasn't played to the to notes of a simple friendship. If so, why mentioning several times that Aoba will only fall for someone who throws at 160 Km/h ? Why all the emphasis on the Wakaba "you can't take him from me!" ? Why the uneasiness shown by Kou when Mizuki appeared, and the same masked uneasiness now shown by Aoba in regards of Akane? Why all the foreshadowing coming from Ichiyo's, Momiji's and Azuma's words (on the matter that they're alike) ?

I could go ahead, but I think that's enough. The friendship path might have been followed if in a past point throughout their reconciliation, Kou would have shown an even slight interest in a different girl, and especially Aoba an interest in a different boy. But all of this didn't happen. The very fact that instead it's all happening now, all of a sudden, goes even to strengthen the concept of "catalysts".
Old 2009-11-24, 16:35   Link #1853
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:

Oh, it's on.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 16:49   Link #1854
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Well, if anything, the light-hearted dispute on this page is the proof Adachi and the anime staff did their job right.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 20:34   Link #1855
poko-kun

Thanks Pellissier for listing more Aoba and Kou hints. (I almost forgot some )

about the smile after Ryuou match;
Aoba asked Ichiyo what would Waka be like - why? Why did she want to compare herself to Waka? What's in her mind?

also, when she was bossing about Kou's look before the media interview. Kou said that she was more acting like Waka, and she didn't deny - why?.

It's harder way for Aoba to go.
Kou knows about her 160 kmph condition.
But for Aoba, it's a "he can do that, but you can't have him" phrase.
Old 2009-11-25, 05:08   Link #1856
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I should probably say that the scene where Aoba sort of realizes she's alone at home was priceless.
I like how she abuses the fact she can use the batting cages for free. The girl does love baseball.

I just wonder how Azuma got in.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:44   Link #1857
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
I like how she abuses the fact she can use the batting cages for free. The girl does love baseball.

I just wonder how Azuma got in.
I got the sense that Aoba's little "Woo-Hoo!" about all the room to hit (adorable, BTW) was her way of trying to convince herself not to be depressed about being the only one not out with someone. I'm sure she never pays to bat (I'm betting Kou doesn't, either, as much as Papa-san loves him). As for Azuma, I think he probably just shouted out to Aoba once he heard her swinging away in the cages.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:00   Link #1858
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I got the sense that Aoba's little "Woo-Hoo!" about all the room to hit (adorable, BTW) was her way of trying to convince herself not to be depressed about being the only one not out with someone. I'm sure she never pays to bat (I'm betting Kou doesn't, either, as much as Papa-san loves him). As for Azuma, I think he probably just shouted out to Aoba once he heard her swinging away in the cages.
Or Azuma knows a way in, or the door was unlocked to the shop. The shop may also have a buzzer that delivery drivers can ring that alerts people not in the actual store area. Oh, the mystery.
Old 2009-11-25, 13:04   Link #1859
poko-kun

Just called her, that's it.
Old 2009-11-25, 13:27   Link #1860
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

He crawled through Nomo's cat door.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports