AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 211 60.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 14.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 6.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 5.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 5.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.86%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.03%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-10, 14:04   Link #821
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
My initial reaction was "screw this, I'm watching Clannad again"
Well I've watched Clannad about 3 times over already. I watch Clannad again only when I get in the mood to watch something good since sometimes I go through moments when I keep watching bad animes >_< The only reason I end up watching bad animes is because I'm looking for something good, I'm not the type to drop an anime unless it's unbearable

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-10, 14:57   Link #822
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
The only reason I end up watching bad animes is because I'm looking for something good, I'm not the type to drop an anime unless it's unbearable
Sometimes a bad show can redeem itself so those few times can be worth it.

Funny thing about me was that I had actually hated my favorite shows at one point or another but something came around.
Old 2009-07-10, 15:31   Link #823
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Speaking of anime to watch, I just recently viewed Sky Crawlers, and boy, I thought Clannad was sad.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-07-10, 16:14   Link #824
FhnuZoag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I like your idea about Ushio going to high school and meeting other guys That seems to be pretty interesting and if anything I would make one of the boys similar to Tomoya (not in looks but in personality but not exactly the same either) just to bring some irony to the story
I was thinking it'd be hilarious if an older Ushio dates (or fake-dates, at least) Sunohara. The look on Tomoya's face would be priceless.....
Old 2009-07-10, 16:15   Link #825
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Speaking of anime to watch, I just recently viewed Sky Crawlers, and boy, I thought Clannad was sad.

- Tak
So is Sky Crawlers a TV series or OVA/Movie? Just out of curiosity I want to see the level of emotions it gives off compared to Clannad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FhnuZoag View Post
I was thinking it'd be hilarious if an older Ushio dates (or fake-dates, at least) Sunohara. The look on Tomoya's face would be priceless.....
Hmmm, Mei-chan vibes is what I'm getting from that idea XD

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-10, 16:21   Link #826
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
So is Sky Crawlers a TV series or OVA/Movie? Just out of curiosity I want to see the level of emotions it gives off compared to Clannad
It is a movie based on a series of (5) novel(s) directed by a particular Mamoru Oshii.

Lets just say that if hell = damnation without relief, then it sums up the theme of Sky Crawlers quite nicely. And that is not because its torturous to sit through the whole thing, no, its a damn good movie.

Once you watch that, believe me, you will think Romeo and Juliet had a happy ending.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2009-07-10 at 17:10.
Old 2009-07-11, 03:25   Link #827
ghost_zero5

So the ending of it is sad too? Well that would indeed make it sadder. After all Clannad still had a kind of happy ending. Even after all those sad moments before.
Old 2009-07-11, 08:28   Link #828
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
So the ending of it is sad too? Well that would indeed make it sadder. After all Clannad still had a kind of happy ending. Even after all those sad moments before.
Not gonna spoil it for you, but I recommend it for an alternative experience.

- Tak

Old 2009-07-11, 12:49   Link #829
ghost_zero5

OK. Actually, I wouldn't want you to spoil it anyway
I might look into it.
Btw. has anyone watched Kanon? I heard that one is supposed to be good too (haven't watched it yet and therefore would look to know if it is worth watching)?
Old 2009-07-11, 12:59   Link #830
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Btw. has anyone watched Kanon? I heard that one is supposed to be good too (haven't watched it yet and therefore would look to know if it is worth watching)?
Kanon is very good. Its by the same production team though not Clannad level, but it stands on its own. Even if I do not agree with the pairing choices.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-07-11 at 13:10.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:45   Link #831
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It is a movie based on a series of (5) novel(s) directed by a particular Mamoru Oshii.

Lets just say that if hell = damnation without relief, then it sums up the theme of Sky Crawlers quite nicely. And that is not because its torturous to sit through the whole thing, no, its a damn good movie.

Once you watch that, believe me, you will think Romeo and Juliet had a happy ending.

- Tak

Mamoru Osii? I think I know him. He made some manga* that got adapted into a few movies and 2 anime series. Yea, they weren't that much. I mean they just were beautifully drawn and had plots that could fill a novel or 10. Oh and I think they inspired a movie series (The Matrix), yea I heard that was kind of cool too.

Spoiler:

ghost_zero5:
Quote:
Like Clannad, I had initially been turned away because I usually don't like moemoe/harem stuff, but like Clannad, Kanon is much more. I am watching it right now actually. IMO, the first few episodes aren't very interesting and I feel it's kinda hard to draw people into this anime. However, beyond that the plot slowly takes off into something very fascinating as you get to know the characters better. Then you get involved and I think you'll know the drill. It is definitely slower paced than Clannad though which is neither good nor bad. I do feel that the story flow is extremely shaky initially. If I were to rate the 7 episodes I've seen so far, it'd start at 5 and slowly make its way to a 7-8

And of course you should watch it because of
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:

That's just my personal bias.
Old 2009-07-11, 15:04   Link #832
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Why is this spoiler-tagged? This does not give away any events whatsoever...:

But yes, Kanon is definitely worth watching. While I thought After Story was better, Kanon was still the first Key-series I actually gave a 10/10, although it does have a rather slow start, and doesn't really get interesting before episode 6 or so.
Old 2009-07-11, 16:16   Link #833
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Spoiler for Why is this spoiler-tagged? This does not give away any events whatsoever...:
lol I have no idea why I threw a spoiler tag in. But since I have not finished Kanon, I could be wrong about these things. It's just the Torch didn't seem to fit in the show except for maybe episode 17. I just feel Kanon's ED fits into the overall atmosphere of that show better. Maybe this will change.

Edit: Ok nvm, I just like the song a lot.

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-07-11 at 16:41.
Old 2009-07-12, 03:05   Link #834
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Spoiler:
As you also used Spoiler tags:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-12, 04:50   Link #835
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Oh sorry, the spoiler tag on that was a joke. I'd be surprised if people around here haven't heart of GITS or Mamoru Osii.

Yea, I meant Evangelion when I mentioned Eva. I also liked the Ghost in the Shell tv series over the movies simply because cramming it in to the time of a movie doesn't really do it justice. I'll leave at that, otherwise I'll end up derailing the thread.

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-07-12 at 05:03.
Old 2009-07-12, 08:51   Link #836
FhnuZoag

Quote:
OK. Actually, I wouldn't want you to spoil it anyway
I might look into it.
Kanon is good. It's like Clannad season 1.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:18   Link #837
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FhnuZoag View Post
Kanon is good. It's like Clannad season 1.
I thought Kanon was separated into 4 different arcs unlike Clannad (which only had 1 arc/focus, but)?
Old 2009-07-12, 18:04   Link #838
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
I thought Kanon was separated into 4 different arcs unlike Clannad (which only had 1 arc/focus, but)?
Huh? I'm pretty sure Clannad has more than 1 arc. Fuko arc, Kotomi Arc, etc.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-12, 18:55   Link #839
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Kanon is focused on Ayu's arc of the story just as Clannad is primarily focused on the Nagisa portion of the game's arc. There are definitely separate arcs, but thats the game.

- Tak

Old 2009-07-12, 20:38   Link #840
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Not just the game. The anime definitely had discrete arcs, which were only different from the game in that Nagisa was present and obviously Tomoya's choice from the get-go.

Fuuko's Arc, Kotomi's Arc and portions of Tomoyo's are in season one (with the rest of Tomoyo's as a bonus to season one), as well as Nagisa's School Days. After Story covers the meat of Yukine's, the Sunoharas', Misae's and Nagisa's After Story. Kyou's Arc is the bonus for that season.

I probably missed an arc or two.

Kanon is similar, having Ayu be present but going through most of the other girls' stories as discrete story arcs. (Nayuki got shafted, IMHO, but that's a story for another thread)