AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-12-11, 11:10   Link #1
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 19
Minarai Shinkan Level 1 [Light Novel]

Posting here after BT forums just in case ~(=3=)~ , hope i'm doing this right though >(#_#)<

Minarai Shinkan Level 1
Authors:Sasahara Shio
Art:Senmu



Summary:
Quote:
Joshua Break is a failure Student in the temple for training priest/monks, the <Tower of Seikon> . Because he doesn’t have any aptitude as one, not being able to even summon a <Masou> that enables one to utilize Divine Magic. But he has a secret. He was once an assassin of the <Red gem brigade>, and has a marital contract with a single digit ranked <Dai Masou> Thunderbird, Suuriin. If this comes to light, it’s capital punishment! But even so, Joshua aims to be a first class priest while hiding all that and making sure his wife doesn’t go on a rampage!
Characters:

Joshua Break:
Spoiler for Might contain sopilers...:


<Raiou> Suuriin (A Thunder bird, a type of Chinese Mythical female Phoenix):
Spoiler for same:


Rakishu Mahed:
Spoiler for yeah..:


Nataru/Natal :
Spoiler for Baaa~:


Gileado Mireba:
Spoiler for uh-huh:


Teiel :
Spoiler for -sighs-:


Seim..Or was it Heim... :
Spoiler for cofused..:


Afeikh Yuhas:
Spoiler for nice sempai:


Eremia Bethel:
Spoiler for lade killer:

Last edited by TheCatWalk; 2014-12-11 at 13:14.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 12:47   Link #2
cadu_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
I didnt understand the summary, if he`s considered a failure because he cant summon a Masou,then why having single digit ranked would give him capital punishment?
__________________
cadu_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 12:58   Link #3
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
I didnt understand the summary, if he`s considered a failure because he cant summon a Masou,then why having single digit ranked would give him capital punishment?
hey, i just simply tl'ed one of them famitsu summaries. of course it's confusing.
now as for your questions,
1. He can't summon even a single masou cause he has a contact with a 1-digit ranked masou. Every masou that answers his call usually gets scared as shit after realizing that and after 10 secs of being materialized, they unsummon themselves. Usually after a "Ah..err....i gotta...well, I gotta go. Shit, see ya later..maybe". The hierarchy in the masou court is pretty serious. And Suu-rin being and overly jealous thunderbird, no lower ranked masou dares to approach her contractor. ...wait...this should be reworded... damn, basically, he CAN summon but CANNOT form a contract.

2. Capital punishment cuz noramally, it takes hundreds of people to summon a 1-digit court ranked masou. And even if they survive the summonimg (most die during the ritual) , they can only have the masou contracted for a very very short amount of time. Finally, even if the summoning miraculously succeeds and they manage a contract, the 'price' they have to pay for each command is humongous... a hundred dead bodies as sacrifice ain't enough to cover that. Well...there are various other methods, like the one su-rin used to form the contract with Joshua (Marriage). Basically, 1 digit masou summoning's a taboo cause of all that and the punishment is execution.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 13:02   Link #4
ndiezel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
2. Capital punishment cuz noramally, it takes hundreds of people to summon a 1-digit court ranked masou. And even if they survive the summonimg (most die during the ritual) , they can only have the masou contracted for a very very short amount of time. Finally, even if the summoning miraculously succeeds and they manage a contract, the 'price' they have to pay for each command is humongous... a hundred dead bodies as sacrifice ain't enough to cover that. Well...there are various other methods, like the one su-rin used to form the contract with Joshua (Marriage). Basically, 1 digit masou summoning's a taboo cause of all that and the punishment is execution.
But he have save contract. Noone died, everyone happy, so do they really have to punish him if they find out?
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 13:08   Link #5
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
But he have save contract. Noone died, everyone happy, so do they really have to punish him if they find out?
well my friend, that's where 'politics', 'human opportunism', 'greed', 'blind faith', and other religious stuff kicks in. you've read tons of mangas and stuff right? this kinda thing happens all the time.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 14:10   Link #6
Ophis
Dragon God
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Wow~ One more pretty interesting novel~ Thanks a bunch Cat-san!!

Is that the MC and his waifu on the cover? And how old is he? I noticed that the majority of the girls are all really young.

And the reason as to why the MC was able to make a contract with that fire fairy is because she has no sense of fear?
__________________
I, appear from the closet. Ehem.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 14:57   Link #7
SomeLv3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Rather than summaries, is there a prologue I can read? Or is one of those (what I like to call) 'In the know...' threads? The know being Japanese. I mean everything sounds interesting, art looks good and I get that "contract X" familiars/wives etc... But If I'm left with Google... damn
SomeLv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 15:05   Link #8
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Wow~ One more pretty interesting novel~ Thanks a bunch Cat-san!!

Is that the MC and his waifu on the cover? And how old is he? I noticed that the majority of the girls are all really young.

And the reason as to why the MC was able to make a contract with that fire fairy is because she has no sense of fear?
correct. he is 16 (or maybe 15..17...well, somewhere between that. read this a while ago so cant recall).
And yeah, Natal's totally clueless. Too young to feel fear....
Spoiler for nyaa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeLv3 View Post
Rather than summaries, is there a prologue I can read? Or is one of those (what I like to call) 'In the know...' threads? The know being Japanese. I mean everything sounds interesting, art looks good and I get that "contract X" familiars/wives etc... But If I'm left with Google... damn
nope, nothing. (yet)
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 17:14   Link #9
cadu_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
This one seems very good, is it being translated?
How is the relationship with the the 4 rank masou and the MC? The marriage contract means they also act like a married couple?Is she possesive towards her contractor?
__________________
cadu_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 18:34   Link #10
Dy5function
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
So I see that the mc excels in music. How did he use music in his assassinations? And does that mean he sucks at everything else besides music?
Dy5function is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 19:05   Link #11
goyya214
[][][][][]
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
interesting~
how many volumes published?
and
what is the meaning of "level 1" in the title?
i came here thinking it was another game like world setting
__________________

goyya214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 23:55   Link #12
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyya214 View Post
interesting~
how many volumes published?
and
what is the meaning of "level 1" in the title?
i came here thinking it was another game like world setting
3 volumes published.
and level 1 here probably means 'rookie' ....cause you know...no talents in being a priest/monk..
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 07:59   Link #13
Hajiko
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Is there a possibility that the MC will be forced to do something that he didnīt want to do( like Layfon in Chrome Shelled Regios by the President)?

What does MT means?
__________________
Sry for my Bad english
CHINESE TO ENGLISH Hajiko Translation

Last edited by LKK; 2014-12-12 at 12:52. Reason: removed quote
Hajiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 08:01   Link #14
Ophis
Dragon God
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajiko View Post
Is there a possibility that the MC will be forced to do something that he didnīt want to do( like Layfon in Chrome Shelled Regios by the President)?




What does MT means?
MT = Machine Translator.
__________________
I, appear from the closet. Ehem.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 11:53   Link #15
Hajiko
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
is there a translation?
__________________
Sry for my Bad english
CHINESE TO ENGLISH Hajiko Translation
Hajiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, famitsu bunko, op mc, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.