AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-28, 18:40   Link #4021
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Ok for reasons I can't understand, why do I feel like I'm only starting to realize how good Furuichi is at standing there while things blow up around him.

Has he even moved from his spot ever since all the fighting started?

Now I'm hoping next week we'll finally get some answers as to how this incident is connected to demons who probably oppose Beel's family. Maybe they're the demons who are actually serious about destroying the world?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 18:49   Link #4022
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnnn, I wonder... If the number could also be the measure of how much power is given to the bearer of the crest. Kanzaki and Himekawa were undoubtedly the weaker of the top four so for them to get more of a power boost would help even things out. Also, because it would just be plain cheating if Tojou got the same amount of power Kanzaki did.
It would be funny if since it's Kanzaki is first to get the crest he's just tagged as no 1 but when more get the crest he gets relegated in number

But I guess Kanzaki will stick with no 1.

Great seeing Kanzaki kick some proper ass since it's been awhile but always fun seeing Oga do the same as well.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 22:19   Link #4023
Diveman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
BADASS

that's all I will say about this chapter. If they were building for this, I won't complain. I just hope it keeps this way from now on during this arc.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 02:08   Link #4024
malason13
Forsaken
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Ok for reasons I can't understand, why do I feel like I'm only starting to realize how good Furuichi is at standing there while things blow up around him.

Has he even moved from his spot ever since all the fighting started?

Now I'm hoping next week we'll finally get some answers as to how this incident is connected to demons who probably oppose Beel's family. Maybe they're the demons who are actually serious about destroying the world?
Of course. Furuichi just stands around and let fighters fight. While the General watch.
__________________
<font color=Indigo><b>The fruit of a forbidden Love</b></font>



The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 10:49   Link #4025
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 幻想郷
Age: 26
Well since Nasu is spellmaster and Oga was also learning the basics from Saotome back in his training days then it's no wonder that Oga was able to pull out this spellmaster trick without knowing and put seal on Kanzaki. So putting numbers on your party members is releated to you being a spellmaster which I also find interesting that we know that Oga is now spellmaster user just like Saotome and demon contractor which makes him uber strong. With that being said I didn't see Nasubi's friends were that strong. If they were numbered as to how they are stronger then number one of that group supposed to put some fight againist Kanzaki so I am just guessing that you get those numbers according to your "allegiance to your king" and Kanzaki was the one who at least approved Oga as Ishiyama's boss from bottom of his heart.

Also it's not clear in the story so far that we don't know much about spellmaster. I am thinking that it's more advanced form of "being contractor". When you are demon contractor, as the name goes, you are possesed by demon and can call forth it's power but if you are spellmaster then you don't need to be possesed by demon and can use demonic powers without relying on demon. I said it's advanced so I am just guessing that spellmasters can use various spells. It's up to your strenght. So if you are as powerful as Saotome-sensei then you can be very advanced spell caster. But Nasubi seems to be not that powerful and owned by Oga with one punch. On the other hand if you are contractor you can be as powerful as your demon that is possesing you. In this case Oga is with Beel which is from royal family and even though he is baby but his powers can be deadly. Oga is strong vessel so he can handle his powers in this sense. Oga also said that he was trained by Saotome-sensei and "it got boring at some point" and one punch ko'ed Nasu. But Oga is dumbhead and he still doesn't know that he is also now can be regarded as spellmaster. That is why Hilda also suprised by the fact that Nasu is spellmaster. And lastly some wild guesses: spellmasters celebrate consensual contracts and are free to use their powers as they please; maybe spellmasters trade something for their powers (their souls would be an obvious option) and contractors don't; spellmasters alternatively may be forced to ally themselves with their demons (which may explain why Dr. Foras advised Saotome against supporting Beel too much). Who knows.
__________________
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:53   Link #4026
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
Of course. Furuichi just stands around and let fighters fight. While the General watch.
That's not what he means.
He's talking about how Furuichi is adept at being oblivious to everything that goes around him, always standing in the right spot where actions won't affect him.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:10   Link #4027
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: I am lost in my own mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
That's not what he means.
He's talking about how Furuichi is adept at being oblivious to everything that goes around him, always standing in the right spot where actions won't affect him.
Subtle plot armor or a crazy amount of good luck?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:31   Link #4028
Excorsism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Subtle plot armor or a crazy amount of good luck?
It's only fair, considering he gets owned when Aoi causes nuclear explosions when she gets embarrassed and he gets caught in the aftermath, lol. See the arc with the first appearance of moeHilda to see what I'm talking about, . Him being forced as Beel's horsey was funny too.

I actually went through the chapters again and Furuichi makes my day.

Edit: welp wrong baby
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32974&dateline=119918  5263

Last edited by Excorsism; 2013-03-02 at 04:24.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:14   Link #4029
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
It's only fair, considering he gets owned when Aoi causes nuclear explosions when she gets embarrassed and he gets caught in the aftermath, lol. See the arc with the first appearance of moeHilda to see what I'm talking about, . Him being forced as Futaba's horsey was funny too.

I actually went through the chapters again and Furuichi makes my day.
My reading of Beelzebub has pretty much gone like this for the past few weeks......

Me: Cool new chapter with fighting.

Me: Hold on, more importantly.........is Furuichi just STANDING THERE while sh*t goes down.

Me: Has he always looked that badass? Has he always just stood in the middle of all the explosions and I never noticed?

Me: Oh hey the chapter is over.

I'm not sure whether the "comedy" involving Furuichi just standing there and everyone else fighting is on purpose, but its a pretty nice touch by the mangaka, reading back on the chapters lets you appreciate it more.

It's even more hilarious when Kanzaki gets thrown back during this chapter because after all the smoke and blood we get a panel of Furuichi standing in the middle of it all completely unharmed.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 02:45   Link #4030
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: akihabara :D
Age: 26
Spoiler for 195:
__________________

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 02:54   Link #4031
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Spoiler for 195:
Yeah the story didn't move even a millimeter.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 03:58   Link #4032
malason13
Forsaken
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
My reading of Beelzebub has pretty much gone like this for the past few weeks......

Me: Cool new chapter with fighting.

Me: Hold on, more importantly.........is Furuichi just STANDING THERE while sh*t goes down.

Me: Has he always looked that badass? Has he always just stood in the middle of all the explosions and I never noticed?

Me: Oh hey the chapter is over.

I'm not sure whether the "comedy" involving Furuichi just standing there and everyone else fighting is on purpose, but its a pretty nice touch by the mangaka, reading back on the chapters lets you appreciate it more.

It's even more hilarious when Kanzaki gets thrown back during this chapter because after all the smoke and blood we get a panel of Furuichi standing in the middle of it all completely unharmed.
Furuichi has always been like that. I have reread Beelzebub 3 time already and Furuichi is always watching, like what would a general would do.
__________________
<font color=Indigo><b>The fruit of a forbidden Love</b></font>



The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 04:15   Link #4033
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
The person on the phone... It was a dude right?
Spoiler for Spoils.:
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 05:03   Link #4034
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Hm, i am sick of seeing Oga getting hit pretty hard over and over gain and simply tank it, stand up and land a finishing blow which ends the fight.

That's stupid.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 08:59   Link #4035
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Hm, i am sick of seeing Oga getting hit pretty hard over and over gain and simply tank it, stand up and land a finishing blow which ends the fight.

That's stupid.
Was hoping he would lose big time. But hey Kanzaki shows he can totally hold his own when facing sub sealers.

Quote:
The person on the phone... It was a dude right?
I'm hoping it's a girl.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 09:52   Link #4036
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
The person on the phone... It was a dude right?
Spoiler for Spoils.:
Looked like a girl to me, but it wouldn't be the first time I got fooled by a trap.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 15:07   Link #4037
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
The person on the phone... It was a dude right?
Spoiler for Spoils.:
I still don't get how people thought Sonic was a chick D:
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 23:41   Link #4038
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Oga only landed a hit, it doesn't seems to be his victory yet.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 23:46   Link #4039
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
He has been doing the same thing for so long
getting beat up then 1 punch and routine continues
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 01:17   Link #4040
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
Oga's switch has been turned on. Baby Beel the press switch.
__________________
II Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.