AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-05, 12:20   Link #941
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
just WOW did not expect that
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 13:58   Link #942
Iron21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Hot chick and Oga older brother.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 14:10   Link #943
maxikki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron21 View Post
hot chick and oga older brother.
what what what ?????!!!!!!
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 18:56   Link #944
Iron21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikki View Post
what what what ?????!!!!!!
I was kidding.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 02:11   Link #945
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
those are the 2 remening Knights....... like it was said... there are 6knights.... we saw 4 so far..... and that girl has this mark on her collar so she is another knight...

still no idea if oga got his ass kicked...or not...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 08:06   Link #946
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Was away for two weeks so i didn't have the chance to respond to some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Your arguments are extremely poor, it's just a "lol no it's not, yes it is" reply.

and LMAO @ Mitsusashi being OP. And Beelzebub doesn't have 1 memorable enemy because every single enemy that Oga has beaten is a regular character and not a "generic delinquent of the week"
Belittling arguments to fit your needs instead of responding to them, If that's the way you're gonna play then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Your arguments are extremely poor, it's just a "lol no it's not, yes it is" reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
It's not like Oga can be said to pwn random delinquents because unlike KKOW, a lot of those delinquents actually come back like someone else said before.
Sagara returned again and is just one of a few characters who will return again, So can we stop with this argument now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Well, like I said, it's all subjective. You think nothing's changed, other people do. You think they're all the same, other people don't. Your point would be? Are you trying to change people's minds or try to prove your own subjective point of view? Cause I don't think either is working.
I'm trying to argue about the quality of Beelzebub as a manga, Plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Why is the primary element of Beelzebub comedy, action, school life again? You say Beelzebub is comedy but it's not fun, action but the fights suck, school life but there's not enough everyday character development/interaction.

Dude, it's like insisting on One Piece being a romance manga that doesn't enough romance. Because it doesn't have romance that it's not a romance manga. Like Beelzebub, its a Jump's long-run adventure series, not a slapstick school life comedy. Don't insist that it is a comedy that has not enough jokes...

Not to mention the comedy is fun or not, the fights suck or not, etc. They are all your subjective opinion. If it sucks to you but good to many others, it is generally good. That's the rule of the game.

P/s: I don't think KKOW's "action" is worth comparing either...
These are the primary elements based on common sense and reading the manga, It has comedy, action and it is based on school life. I seriously question how people can suggest otherwise.

The one piece argument is ridiculous as it has shown absolutely "zero" tendency towards the genre in question.

How is KKOW's action not comparable? Absolutely ridiculous. Unless the primary fighting in Beelzebub was not based on throwing punches and kicks you might have a point. Yes the fighting may be based on fantastical powers but that has only been in "one" fight in the series so far and was quickly put aside in favour of the usual.

Once again it seems we'll be going around in circles over and over again.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 11:06   Link #947
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Once again it seems we'll be going around in circles over and over again.
Then can we stop now? I didn't come here to listen about KKOW anyway.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 13:47   Link #948
gameboy234
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for Ch59:
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 15:55   Link #949
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
@Poetic Justice Seems like you just dont like how Beelzebub getting attention now and days. You may be right if KKOW's and Beelzebub being kinda the same but KKOW's came out during the 80's ... so its kinda outdated. Beelzebub humor is diffrent than KKOW because they mix in supernatural stuff into it which add different level of humor i think. Example when Oga blows up the school .... or the teleport demon messing around with Furuichi.... or the giant baby vs monster fight.

If we did take all the supernatural stuff away from Beelzebub than yea it probably be just like KKOW.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 14:07   Link #950
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
No I'm not angry about how Beelzebub is getting attention, Not after seeing their respective ranks from the most popular manga reading site.

Beelzebub: 128

KKOW: 51

And you can be sure that KKOW's popularity can only grow from here on. But enough about KKOW as this isn't the proper thread for it's discussion.

As for your other statement like i said before my complaints with Beelzebub are not limited to it's comparison with KKOW. I was just using it as a prime example before the question of whether they were comparable came up. It's also taking elements from so many other manga's like Zatch bell what with the electrocution jokes and what not. While they may seem funny to some, As an avid manga fan they strike me as a lame attempt to fold together a lot of jokes from various sources combining to form something that is of varying degrees of humor to something that is 'difficult to digest'.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 14:44   Link #951
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
No I'm not angry about how Beelzebub is getting attention, Not after seeing their respective ranks from the most popular manga reading site.

Beelzebub: 128

KKOW: 51

And you can be sure that KKOW's popularity can only grow from here on. But enough about KKOW as this isn't the proper thread for it's discussion.
From One of the bigger Manga reading site :

Beelzebub: 33
KKOW: 58

And from another one :

Beelzebub: 14
KKOW: 2066

I have started reading KKOW when mangascreener has started scanlated it and I have dropped it very fast (even before them ) Some time ago I have restarted to read it and I haven't been able to read more than the first 20 chapter, the humor/joke in the manga really don't work for me (I was really bored this day else I would have (re)dropped it sooner) but the humor/joke of Beelzebub make me smile laugh even when re-reading them.

I think that Shonan Junaļ Gumi from FUJISAWA Toru is a more appropriate comparison to KKOW than Beelzebub.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 14:58   Link #952
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Sorry but mangafox and OM are the most popular manga websites according to my knowledge, KKOW is beating Beelzebub on mangafox and on OM it will soon overtake Beelzebub with the way things have been going the past few weeks.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 15:52   Link #953
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Spoiler for Ch59:
it remind me of the Ragnarock group that fought Kenichi and the boss looks like Odin too
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 19:13   Link #954
itachi29al
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Sorry but mangafox and OM are the most popular manga websites according to my knowledge, KKOW is beating Beelzebub on mangafox and on OM it will soon overtake Beelzebub with the way things have been going the past few weeks.
On OM its KKOW- 58
Beelzebub- 33
Should check your facts, plus there i no way a finished manga will get more popular then an ongoing one, just the way it is.
Anyway the chapter seems interesting, i wonder where there goin to take it though.
__________________
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 19:24   Link #955
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Sorry but mangafox and OM are the most popular manga websites according to my knowledge, KKOW is beating Beelzebub on mangafox and on OM it will soon overtake Beelzebub with the way things have been going the past few weeks.
Accepting the ranking in sites as Onemanga to reflect a manga quality is accepting Naruto and Bleach to be the best out there. Dude, the ranking is mostly worthless.

Know why KKOW is higher ranked than Beelzebub in OM? Because there are more releases.

Quote:
These are the primary elements based on common sense and reading the manga, It has comedy, action and it is based on school life. I seriously question how people can suggest otherwise.

The one piece argument is ridiculous as it has shown absolutely "zero" tendency towards the genre in question.

How is KKOW's action not comparable? Absolutely ridiculous. Unless the primary fighting in Beelzebub was not based on throwing punches and kicks you might have a point. Yes the fighting may be based on fantastical powers but that has only been in "one" fight in the series so far and was quickly put aside in favour of the usual.
To me, the argument "Beelzebub is comedy but it's not fun, action but the fights suck, school life but there's not enough everyday character development/interaction" is equally ridiculous.

How is KKOW action not comparable to Beelzebub? Why don't you use Dragon ball action to compare with KKOW too? It's also primarily punching and kicking.

You try to be so arrogant and ignorant that I see no further use of arguing with you. To be frank, you piss me off. If you had said that you would consider the ranking of sites like OM and MF, I would have realized sooner arguing with you is useless and stopped there.

And lets just stop here, if you see what happened to the GE posts in KnIM topic.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 19:24   Link #956
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
How much longer are you guys planning to continue this discussion about KKOW and Beelzebub? *scratches head*
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 20:21   Link #957
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Who cares about ratings? Who cares about KKOW? This is Beezelbub discussion forums!! so please take KKOW chat elsewhere, possibly PMs -.-
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 23:44   Link #958
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Waiting for the new chapters is killing me... i really want to see the new knights. One of them is a chick ...maybe they will add more girls for oga harem lol.

This is my last bit about KKOW and Beelzebub. About the rating in OM i dont think it really reflects how popluar the two manga are. On the forum board on OM there more people logging on to talk about Beelzebub than KKOW. Either way both manga are alrite just that Beelzebub is new and KKOW isnt.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 00:13   Link #959
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Waiting for the new chapters is killing me... i really want to see the new knights. One of them is a chick ...maybe they will add more girls for oga harem lol.
don“t put it boldly like that, the mangaka might actually do it
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 08:18   Link #960
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
On OM its KKOW- 58
Beelzebub- 33
Should check your facts, plus there i no way a finished manga will get more popular then an ongoing one, just the way it is.
Anyway the chapter seems interesting, i wonder where there goin to take it though.
Why should i check my facts exactly? I acknowledged that Beelzebub is more popular on OM right now but that is likely to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Know why KKOW is higher ranked than Beelzebub in OM? Because there are more releases.
It's not ranked higher on OM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
plus there i no way a finished manga will get more popular then an ongoing one, just the way it is.
Technically KKOW is still ongoing as scanlation releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Accepting the ranking in sites as Onemanga to reflect a manga quality is accepting Naruto and Bleach to be the best out there. Dude, the ranking is mostly worthless.
Where exactly did i use ranking as a reference to quality? I was responding to a post about popularity. I'm more aware than anyone that a manga's popularity is not necessarily indicative of quality thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
To me, the argument "Beelzebub is comedy but it's not fun, action but the fights suck, school life but there's not enough everyday character development/interaction" is equally ridiculous.
Then please tell me what the manga's trying to do and what genre it is trying to excel at, Please, I'd love to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
How is KKOW action not comparable to Beelzebub? Why don't you use Dragon ball action to compare with KKOW too? It's also primarily punching and kicking.
Yes let's just ignore what i said about the fantastical elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
You try to be so arrogant and ignorant that I see no further use of arguing with you. To be frank, you piss me off.
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
And lets just stop here, if you see what happened to the GE posts in KnIM topic.
Yes, Lets.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.