AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-10, 19:15   Link #1
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal Send a message via Skype™ to _eternal
Digital: A Love Story (indie game/VN)

http://scoutshonour.com/digital/

I'm not big on indie games, but this one is incredible. It's built with Ren'Py and listed on Wikipedia as a "notable Ren'py game", but it doesn't share much in common with other visual novels. It's still a love story, as promised, but its real draw is its engrossing and interactive gameplay that forces you to take part in the story, somewhat like DS games like Hotel Dusk. I played it today and it's totally worth it.
Old 2013-01-22, 10:37   Link #2
tiya_novlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by _eternal View Post
http://scoutshonour.com/digital/

I'm not big on indie games, but this one is incredible. It's built with Ren'Py and listed on Wikipedia as a "notable Ren'py game", but it doesn't share much in common with other visual novels. It's still a love story, as promised, but its real draw is its engrossing and interactive gameplay that forces you to take part in the story, somewhat like DS games like Hotel Dusk. I played it today and it's totally worth it.
Christine Love, isn't it ? She is fairly talented on writing, you see.
As for her other published project, have you read : "Don't Take it Personally,Babe, It Ain't Just Your Story" and "Analogue : A Hate Story" ? (the last one is commercial).

I agree with you, she does provide unique gameplay rather than many standard Visual Novel, that's the strong point it seems, but the story is good as well
tiya_novlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 12:01   Link #3
Rayneing
Trombe!

Digital: A Love Story is the best simulation of a crappy old 80s computer I ever played. And possibly the only one I ever played. But it's still awesome. I'm still in awe over the fact that a compelling story was made out of checking your email and bulletin board posts, even all these years later.

Analogue and Don't Take it Personally Yadda Yadda are also pretty great. Especially the latter.
Old 2013-01-22, 12:57   Link #4
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Oh I remeber that.
I played Digital and after that i bought Analogue and played that too. Enjoyed both.

Digital has a pretty neat soundtrack and sometimes I found the typing numbers a little bit tedious.
As Rayneing said: it's the best simulation of a crappy old 80s computer. xD
But I don't feel it was a waste of time.
Old 2013-01-22, 13:50   Link #5
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Thanks for the link. Just started playing. The very first message on BBS and I'm playing with this song in background:

Spoiler for tube:
Old 2013-01-26, 00:25   Link #6
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal Send a message via Skype™ to _eternal
Oh, funny to see this thread revived after so long! I did enjoy Don't Take It Personally Babe, but I haven't played Analogue yet. Might just replay Digital because it's short and I have a feeling it'll still be my favourite of her games.