AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-02-03, 15:06   Link #1
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Shibatora

I didn't see a thread on the so sorry if there is one.

I'm really surprised this series isn't more popular, especially since it ran in the Weekly Shounen Magazine. It's not your usual Shounen nonsense but it's got a lot of heart and deserves much more attention than it gets. It recently ended it's run in the Weekly Shounen Jump after 140 chapters or so and I have to say it's one of the best Shounen I've read.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 08:31   Link #2
qwertyuiopz

what?!?! no posts?! i found this manga by accident and got hooked on it, its surprisingly really good
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 08:46   Link #3
Johnny
Working the bags...

I read what's been released awhile back after someone else mentioning it. Then glanced at the remaining raws...

Not a bad manga although Shiba rivals if not triumphs Touma in terms of soap box preaching at times. Also his everyone can be saved motto is the cause of some of the events that left me facepalming. Nonetheless it had some interesting twists and turns even with the moments that were depraved and rather disturbing...

The ending...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 21:12   Link #4
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

A necro-post for this awesome manga

I just read this manga today. It tells the story of a very idealized police officer (aspiring to be a detective) named Shibata Katekora who looks like a middle-schooler. He aspires to transfer to the youth division to help youth in need. In that respect, it is similar to GTO--even sometimes providing commentary about mistakes caused by adults--except it is perhaps more realistic and not every kid involved is problematic.

The manga feels a little bit rough at the beginning (though still good), but it gets better later. I just finished the arc about the loli and personally feel that it's the best part yet, as we learn that the main character is pretty bright. I have read elsewhere that it's not as good after Vol 8, but I hope that won't be the case.

Great plots. Beautiful executions. Certainly recommended.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 22:38   Link #5
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

I guess this manga doesn't have any posts because it is already finished, but it really deserves some comments. Yes it gets preachy at times, but it also takes unflinching looks at rather disturbing subjects, especially this last chapter 111.
Spoiler for death:
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote