AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 13:24   Link #1241
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i really wouldve liked they included the darker history even more.
I've been hoping for a bigger focus on the Kämpfer story from the start, but you have to admit, this week was pretty hilarious.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 13:34   Link #1242
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Somehow, Shizuku's treatment of Akane seems as though she wants to enslave all the blue Kampfers as her toys.
I also get that feeling sometimes, but I think it's just the way she is portrayed in the anime leaving out any dark backgrounds so far.

She'll eventually come to realize, if not already realized, that she's also falling in love with Natsuru.

OK, having said that; I'm off watching the 7th episode.
Old 2009-11-13, 13:42   Link #1243
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I've been hoping for a bigger focus on the Kämpfer story from the start, but you have to admit, this week was pretty hilarious.
i found this was one of the better eps so far. less yuri vision aside from sakura's many attempts to peek on her . i have to say there was less extraneous fanservice than previous weeks to focus on the story. i hope it continues on with this tone to keep getting darker.
Old 2009-11-13, 15:00   Link #1244
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i have to say there was less extraneous fanservice than previous weeks.
i don't know... this episode feels like there was still tons of fan servicing as the previous episodes. i mean natsuru in bath shower, sakura's many intrusions on natsuru, shizuku pwning akane... etc. so i think there's a lot of fan servicing this episode, with a hint of the darker plot coming forward with the revelation of the white kampfers.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 16:02   Link #1245
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

I've been listening to the full ending for about 4 hours on repeat. So, yeah.

"Nande, Nande~?"
Old 2009-11-13, 17:08   Link #1246
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
i don't know... this episode feels like there was still tons of fan servicing as the previous episodes. i mean natsuru in bath shower, sakura's many intrusions on natsuru, shizuku pwning akane... etc. so i think there's a lot of fan servicing this episode, with a hint of the darker plot coming forward with the revelation of the white kampfers.
all the fanservice in ep7 was bearable to watch and didnt intrude too much. the fangirl squadron, the annoying student council trio are rather annoying at times. i know the council trio are like that in the novels but they're still rather annoying.
Old 2009-11-13, 17:47   Link #1247
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Episode 8 preview : Harry Potter <> Natsuru Potter LOL
And it's promising Chaos Inside <> Intel Inside for episode 9

Akane Pushed Down and Smooched by Kaichou is

And that Rika Girl, hope she dead soon, I'd pay if I must, to chop her up

Shizuku date with Natsuru, this not gonna end till Shizuku get her hand on his pants

when I see 24:03 I scream: "GO KAICHOU!! ''EAT' HIM!!"

Last edited by surerman; 2009-11-13 at 18:09.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 18:13   Link #1248
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

ROFL! The Washington Convention. Poor Natsuru. He really is treated like an object. >_<

But really now. I might be a man, but I'm pretty sure that girls don't do this in their free time. Sakura must be really sexually frustrated to engage in activities like this. But apparently the Council President is an amazing kisser, because everyone she's kissed in this series thus far has been left semi-comatose.

Oh, and for the record, Sakura's hobby is REALLY FREAKING CREEPY. Those Entrails Animals are not cute in the least.
Old 2009-11-13, 19:01   Link #1249
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Hmm I felt a different vibe off of Mikoto in this episode, it's like she is not interested in Natsuru anymore. Just being a playful childhood friend.

Next week's date involving Shizuku and Natsuru has me very interested. Starting to like Shizuku these past few weeks, she might take over Mikoto's spot
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:06   Link #1250
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I told you people before... Shizuku isd the queen in this anime and it would be a bad plot curve not to pair them off.

There is no way Sakura is going to win, and Akane is annoying... The toss up is between Shizuku and Mikoto.

The problem is Shizuku is strong enough to take a rejection so they may just have Natsuru paired with someone other than the Prez.

But still Prez is a nice desert to take me down from my hitagi high... she really is a good charactehr... Love her.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:39   Link #1251
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Feng View Post
it's like she is not interested in Natsuru anymore. Just being a playful childhood friend.
well, he didn't really explain his way out of her suspicions in the last episode at the end, so she probably just decide friend is better instead of having any romantic relationship. who would want a relationship with a weirdo(without knowing the real truth)?

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:41   Link #1252
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Kaede got a strange taste of collecting stuff animals. Sure it was a normal girl thing but something suicidal? . Anyways, I wonder if her personality has a hidden side like something dark
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:47   Link #1253
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I told you people before... Shizuku isd the queen in this anime and it would be a bad plot curve not to pair them off.

There is no way Sakura is going to win, and Akane is annoying... The toss up is between Shizuku and Mikoto.

The problem is Shizuku is strong enough to take a rejection so they may just have Natsuru paired with someone other than the Prez.

But still Prez is a nice desert to take me down from my hitagi high... she really is a good charactehr... Love her.
I agree about Akane being annoying in this episode. However, I disagree about Mikoto having higher chance of ending up with Natsuru than Akane. She's already being reduced to a mere gag-character after only one episode and her proper introduction in the series was also kinda late.

It would be interesting for a change having characters like Shizuku ending up with the lead protagonist, you don't see that often. However, my take is on Akane and Sakura.
Old 2009-11-13, 20:15   Link #1254
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

1. Shizuka is great. Taking the lead with Akane.
2. Sakura is a obsessively annoying. collecting all those stuffed animals. and doing such extreme things for Natsuru. F-type should just reject her and get with Shizuka.
3. Mikoto was great for the short time she was in the ep. The curry and the eye catch.
4. wrong.
5. Next ep is a date with Shizuka. and she's smiling. so all is well.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-11-13 at 23:28.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 20:34   Link #1255
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
1. Shizuka is great. Taking the lead with Akane.
2. Sakura is a obsessively annoying. collecting all those stuffed animals. and doing such extreme things for Natsuru. F-type should just reject her and get with Shizuka.
3. Mikoto was great for the short time she was in the ep. The curry and the eye catch.
4. New kampfer is obviously Natsuru's sister.
5. Next ep is a date with Shizuka. and she's smiling. so all is well.
wat do you mean about #4?? there's no mentioning natsuru has a sister. the chain and sickle kampher is rika ueda. the family names are totally different and that fact would've probably been mentioned in the manga thread a long time ago if it was ever true.

some other rika ueda family info
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-13, 21:37   Link #1256
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quick freebies:

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-11-13 at 21:51.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 23:27   Link #1257
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

oh, confused my shows. sorry about that.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 01:23   Link #1258
Nemesis

Can anyone make a Gif signature of the animal dolls jumping in ep7?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 02:13   Link #1259
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Her actions in the past and present pretty much always have a logical and (withour omniscient observer knowledge) understandable purpose. Sometimes just devious fun, but mostly to accomplish something. The constant bickering between Akane and Kaede is caused by the girls, not Shizuku.
Even well-meaning cajolery can have bad effects. Like here, with Akane and Natsuru, even if some of what she does is well-meaning, even if has the best intentions, she never speaks a word to them, she manipulates everything, and its great when it works. But what if it doesn't? And what about the feelings she might hurt because if it? She never tells anyone anything until it happens. So I can't honestly say she isn't a part of the chain reactions. Not malicious at all, but, do bad results occur always because we mean to do bad things?

Quote:
What she did realize was that while Natsuru might have been fun to tease and toy with, she now finds herself jealous over Kaede's skinship time with Natsuru. And she has the brains and honesty to openly admit that to herself. I guess that's also why she's taking the initiative and instigates the date in the next ep
About time. Also, the other times she might have been saddened that he was looking scared or repulsed was because she is so spontaneous in her methods and not entirely sure of her feelings. Really, its her own fault that she might be hurt because of the sly way in which she operates. The boy is slow, so it would do her well to take the mask down if she wants more positive results. It'll be good when she uses those brains and that honesty to admit it to someone besides the voice in her head.

Quote:
The way I see it, she's going to become a foil for Shizuku. Brutally put, Akane is intimidated by Shizuku, and Kaede can be manipulated with ease. Mikoto is fearless, and I can easily see her oppose Shizuku where all others wouldn't dare to.
I feel Akane is less intimidated and just unsure of her motives. Its not like she's shivering in her boots every time the girl comes around. She's also a person who was originally repressive(explaining her Kampfer side), and she's coming into her own slowly. Plus seriously I rolled my eyes in the way that Shizuku always seems to one-up everyone else so easily in practically everything, and just executes plans without informing anyone of her intentions, if she ever thinking of making allies, she's barking up the wrong tree. Even more so if she's going for more of these one and one trysts in this chaotic love situation. Always feeling like you need to have your guard up around someone would make anyone wary of their presence. Not intimidation, just, "What the hell is this girl thinking?" "I can't fucking read her!" Doesn't help that Shizuku pets the angry lion that does not want to be petted constantly.
It'd be better if she looked like a friend, rather than someone looking down at prey all the time.

Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 03:14   Link #1260
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Even well-meaning cajolery can have bad effects. Like here, with Akane and Natsuru, even if some of what she does is well-meaning, even if has the best intentions, she never speaks a word to them, she manipulates everything, and its great when it works. But what if it doesn't?
When didn't it?

The thing is rather that the entire "investigate the Kämpfer business" project is 100% handled by her. The others aren't involved because they're not even really interested in it (with the sole exception of Natsuru, who is flabbergasted about the new White Kämpfer group.

Natsuru opened the door to their cooperation when he spared Shizuku. Shizuku was accepting the implicit peace offering and is now proceeding with her project also to the others' benefit.

Quote:
And what about the feelings she might hurt because if it? She never tells anyone anything until it happens. So I can't honestly say she isn't a part of the chain reactions. Not malicious at all, but, do bad results occur always because we mean to do bad things?
Again, what bad things? She has a devious streak at times, for example when she saved Natsuru from the Yuri onslaught by planting the rumor that (s)he was dating himself. Which was objectively beneficial for him in the long run, but in a way which caused him certain distress. Or dowsing him with curry, leading to the usual Kaede-Akane wars over him, giving Shizuku some time to pursue her investigation (which is also to his benefit, too).

So, if you talk about prank-level stuff, you're right. But I can't see where she would have caused him any form of real harm.

Quote:
About time. Also, the other times she might have been saddened that he was looking scared or repulsed was because she is so spontaneous in her methods and not entirely sure of her feelings.
Natsuru is thick as a brick. While I can understand that he'd be unsure about Shizuku, he would have had to understand Akane and Mikoto ages ago.

Quote:
Really, its her own fault that she might be hurt because of the sly way in which she operates. The boy is slow, so it would do her well to take the mask down if she wants more positive results. It'll be good when she uses those brains and that honesty to admit it to someone besides the voice in her head.
Unwarranted criticism. The way I read it, Shizuku was surprised about it herself - about the fact that she was actually feeling jealousy (for the first time, she didn't before).

Quote:
I feel Akane is less intimidated and just unsure of her motives. Its not like she's shivering in her boots every time the girl comes around. She's also a person who was originally repressive(explaining her Kampfer side), and she's coming into her own slowly.
Akane was definitely intimidated in her normal form (particularly visible in some omitted manga scenes), and in the Kämpfer form she's beginning to accept Shizuku's lead in several aspects - where in the beginning she'd be challenging Shizuku.

Quote:
Plus seriously I rolled my eyes in the way that Shizuku always seems to one-up everyone else so easily in practically everything, and just executes plans without informing anyone of her intentions, if she ever thinking of making allies, she's barking up the wrong tree.
She is making allies. Here, Natsuru and Akane are getting used to their cooperation already. But I guess if you're looking for someone who first discusses in a group what should be done, you shouldn't look at Shizuku. She'd rather plan and act herself. Also, keep in mind: She's been talking about a temporary truce, not an alliance. This will probably change like her feelings towards Natsuru have undergone a change. But until now she's been flying mostly solo.

Quote:
Even more so if she's going for more of these one and one trysts in this chaotic love situation.
What a bad girl!!!

Quote:
Always feeling like you need to have your guard up around someone would make anyone wary of their presence. Not intimidation, just, "What the hell is this girl thinking?" "I can't fucking read her!" Doesn't help that Shizuku pets the angry lion that does not want to be petted constantly.
Which makes her by far the most interesting character in the show, IMHO. By a few lightyears.

Quote:
It'd be better if she looked like a friend, rather than someone looking down at prey all the time.
Better for what? To win over prude bore Natsuru? Maybe. But definitely worse for my enjoyment of Kämpfer
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen