AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-14, 10:16   Link #1261
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
ep 7,

now we went into Sakura's house & the raep insures, anyone got the parodies being referenced in this ep?

btw, is it just me, that the choking dog plushie's voice sounded like Haruka from Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu? well, with its 2nd season currenly airing right now
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 11:47   Link #1262
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
btw, is it just me, that the choking dog plushie's voice sounded like Haruka from Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu? well, with its 2nd season currenly airing right now

ANN tells me it's the same VA

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:06   Link #1263
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
ANN tells me it's the same VA
Yes, Noto Mamiko, the sweet voice of Sawako in Kimi ni Todoke, Nogizaka Haruka, and my favorite role of hers, Matsuri from sola.

Just watched episode 7 and again, a fun episode. The introduction of the Burnt Alive Lion and the white Kämpfers should transition the show well into some more action. And Natsuru is still as hot as ever.

So after episode 7, my rankings for the girls
5. Mikoto
4. Sakura
3. Akane
2. Shizuku
1. Natsuru
Old 2009-11-14, 12:27   Link #1264
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just got around to watching episode 7...

Spoiler for "Episode 7 spoilers; tags used also to save space:

A couple episodes back, I wouldn't have expected it, but... at this point, Shizuku might be my favorite character in this anime. She has the coolest head of the lot, and by far. That really stands out when the rest of the cast is a really shy guy, a yandere/tsundere split personality, the eccentric Mikoto, and the one-track mind Sakura.

I'm not sure if I'd trust these girls (and guy) with sensitive information myself. It is obvious that Shizuku knows something that the others don't.
Old 2009-11-14, 12:36   Link #1265
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Red, white, and blue kampfers... maybe the Moderators are Americans.
Or French!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:37   Link #1266
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Just got around to watching episode 7...

Spoiler for "Episode 7 spoilers; tags used also to save space:
I would have to say then, that both Natsuru and Akane are thick. I really don't think that Natsuru understands Akane's feelings at all. Natsuru believes Akane is just a good friend and a fellow blue Kämpfer. I think Natsuru was honest in his/her argument. He/she wants Akane to find love. He's/she's just oblivious to the fact that it's him/her (more him probably) who's she in love with.
Old 2009-11-14, 12:45   Link #1267
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
When didn't it?

The thing is rather that the entire "investigate the Kämpfer business" project is 100% handled by her. The others aren't involved because they're not even really interested in it (with the sole exception of Natsuru, who is flabbergasted about the new White Kämpfer group.

Natsuru opened the door to their cooperation when he spared Shizuku. Shizuku was accepting the implicit peace offering and is now proceeding with her project also to the others' benefit.
Of course its 100% handled by her! She never lets anyone in on anything and if you say its because she doesn't have to, then no she doesn't. They don't seem to be interested in it because they are trying to live their own lives and the people around them seem to be low on the 'divulging info' part. So they're taking it as it comes.

Quote:
Again, what bad things? She has a devious streak at times, for example when she saved Natsuru from the Yuri onslaught by planting the rumor that (s)he was dating himself. Which was objectively beneficial for him in the long run, but in a way which caused him certain distress. Or dowsing him with curry, leading to the usual Kaede-Akane wars over him, giving Shizuku some time to pursue her investigation (which is also to his benefit, too).

So, if you talk about prank-level stuff, you're right. But I can't see where she would have caused him any form of real harm.
The key word is 'objectively.' Because it constantly makes her misunderstood, so she shouldn't be surprised at the reactions she gets from people. Now if she toned down on the pranks and maybe treated people like people (and I mean other people than just Sakura), rather than pawns. Sure its good to set up situations where she can investigate while the girls fight with each other, but I see it blowing up in her face at some point. You can cite the other girls on their immaturity, but she doesn't ever explain her actions, she just does whatever the hell she wants. She's rather lucky that things turn out the way she wants most of the time. And your definition of 'real harm' and mine might be different.

Quote:
Natsuru is thick as a brick. While I can understand that he'd be unsure about Shizuku, he would have had to understand Akane and Mikoto ages ago.
And yet that didn't refute my point. She knows he's thick, and she retains this personality of hers that makes him embarrassed and uncomfortable. For someone idolized on here for being so intelligent, she's rather lacking in personal wisdom. At least in relationships.

Quote:
Unwarranted criticism. The way I read it, Shizuku was surprised about it herself - about the fact that she was actually feeling jealousy (for the first time, she didn't before).
How is it unwarranted? She desires his company, and yet does things that make him less wanting to be in her company. Her situation is of her own making. But yes, this is how you are reading it.

Quote:
Akane was definitely intimidated in her normal form (particularly visible in some omitted manga scenes), and in the Kämpfer form she's beginning to accept Shizuku's lead in several aspects - where in the beginning she'd be challenging Shizuku.
Well obviously if their is a situation where she sees that not following her direction is less favorable than just accepting the situation for what it is. We've got a rather unbalanced situation in combat powers here that would make anyone wary of her. I mean, cutting the bullets in half in mid-air and then knocking them all out in one swipe? Come on. I don't see it as being entirely intimidated. Rather just, "Let her do what she wants, he happens to work most of the time." "I can't seem to bust a cap in her pompous ass, so whatever."

Quote:
She is making allies. Here, Natsuru and Akane are getting used to their cooperation already. But I guess if you're looking for someone who first discusses in a group what should be done, you shouldn't look at Shizuku. She'd rather plan and act herself. Also, keep in mind: She's been talking about a temporary truce, not an alliance. This will probably change like her feelings towards Natsuru have undergone a change. But until now she's been flying mostly solo.
So are we agreed then that she shouldn't be surprised of the fallout of her earlier actions if she plans to form a more lasting partnership in the future from all other parties? As irrational or unpredictable that their feelings might be to our dear "Shizuku-sama, they will come up. Doesn't matter if she overlooks them or not.

Quote:
What a bad girl!!!
Thanks for the patronizing comment.

Quote:
Which makes her by far the most interesting character in the show, IMHO. By a few lightyears.
We are going to agree to disagree there.

Quote:
Better for what? To win over prude bore Natsuru? Maybe. But definitely worse for my enjoyment of Kämpfer
Then I think she should step down and stick to her spy game.

On a side note, I can see why Kaede and Shizuku are good friends, they both are incredibly opportunistic.

Quote:
A couple episodes back, I wouldn't have expected it, but... at this point, Shizuku might be my favorite character in this anime. She has the coolest head of the lot, and by far. That really stands out when the rest of the cast is a really shy guy, a yandere/tsundere split personality, the eccentric Mikoto, and the one-track mind Sakura.

I'm not sure if I'd trust these girls (and guy) with sensitive information myself. It is obvious that Shizuku knows something that the others don't.
Obviously. She's holding a good deal of cards. OF COURSE she's calm. Like a player looking down on the chessboard. You can hardly blame the others except for their personalities. It would irritate the hell out of me to have someone around me so tight-lipped, does whatever the hell she wants with me, abuses her power over the situation(arguably for my benefit, but that's dubious at best), and makes it look like I've done something wrong when I get mad even when I'm ignorant of the whole situation.

Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:46   Link #1268
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
I would have to say then, that both Natsuru and Akane are thick. I really don't think that Natsuru understands Akane's feelings at all. Natsuru believes Akane is just a good friend and a fellow blue Kämpfer. I think Natsuru was honest in his/her argument. He/she wants Akane to find love. He's/she's just oblivious to the fact that it's him/her (more him probably) who's she in love with.
I don't know... is it possible to be that thick?

I mean, if Natsuru doesn't realize that Akane is interested in him, then the guy makes Sakai Yuji (Shana) look like a romance expert.

But, you could be right, I guess.

Altima - At this juncture, I think that Shizuku is trying to...

1) Create situations that might help Natsuru loosen up a bit, for his own good.

2) Gather information on and from Sakura. I think that Sakura is tied into the kampfer situation more than the anime has thus far revealed.

3) Maybe she gave Akane that passionate kiss in part to sooth Akane's obvious sexual frustration.

There's definitely a method to Shizuku's actions, and it's not entirely self-serving, I think.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-11-14 at 12:55. Reason: Edit for Altima
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:05   Link #1269
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
1) Create situations that might help Natsuru loosen up a bit, for his own good.
I also agree with this. I said before, Shizuku is 'providing Natsuru a pool, but it's up to him if he wants to sink or swim.'

Quote:
2) Gather information on and from Sakura. I think that Sakura is tied into the kampfer situation more than the anime has thus far revealed.
That thought also ran into my mind. I think Shizuku being the NOT-dense girl she is, obviously might suspect that Sakura is heavily involved in this situation excluding the spoilers I'v read in the manga section.

Those teddys are creepy.
Old 2009-11-14, 14:37   Link #1270
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Those teddys are creepy.
Honestly, I love the Entrail Animals. I think they're pretty cute. I'd buy some if I could.
Old 2009-11-14, 14:51   Link #1271
Fishfood1

Quote:
Honestly, I love the Entrail Animals. I think they're pretty cute. I'd buy some if I could.
the ones that our main kampfers have are cute(or maybe it's because of the VAs)... but the remaining ones in sakura's house, some of them are just down right creepy...

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 17:29   Link #1272
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
The key word is 'objectively.' Because it constantly makes her misunderstood, so she shouldn't be surprised at the reactions she gets from people.
I don't recall her surprised, or complaining about it. She was a bit disappointed when some of her seduction lines didn't work on him. But unlike the other kids, she's not throwing a tantrum about it - and it seems that she'll act on it in ep8.

Quote:
Now if she toned down on the pranks and maybe treated people like people (and I mean other people than just Sakura), rather than pawns. Sure its good to set up situations where she can investigate while the girls fight with each other, but I see it blowing up in her face at some point. You can cite the other girls on their immaturity, but she doesn't ever explain her actions, she just does whatever the hell she wants. She's rather lucky that things turn out the way she wants most of the time. And your definition of 'real harm' and mine might be different.
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from my volleyball trainer: "Train harder, and you'll become more lucky". Attributing the success of her machinations to mere luck seems kinda off to me.

Naturally there would be other ways to deal with issues, but this one is very much hers. And I don't see her complaining about things.

Quote:
And yet that didn't refute my point. She knows he's thick, and she retains this personality of hers that makes him embarrassed and uncomfortable. For someone idolized on here for being so intelligent, she's rather lacking in personal wisdom. At least in relationships.
You have a peculiar idea about relationships, it seems. You realize that you might actually develop feelings for someone, so instantly you have to adapt to the other's level? What you seem to forget is that the revelation that Shizuku is feeling jealous is new to her - it happened at the end of ep7. Until then, it was mostly fun and games. And now, we'll have to see how she deals with it.

In my life experience, if you have to warp yourself too much to accomodate to the potential partner, things probably won't last. Naturally, there's always a certain degree as to how much you should adapt to make things easier for the other one, but there's a limit to it. We may see in ep8 how far Shizuku might be willing to go here. But I sure hope that she won't try to become a Kaede clone just because that might be popular with Natsuru. That wouldn't be "personal wisdom", it would rather be the opposite: It would be the wrong thing to do.

Quote:
How is it unwarranted? She desires his company, and yet does things that make him less wanting to be in her company. Her situation is of her own making. But yes, this is how you are reading it.
It is unwarranted because the realization that she might actually be seriously falling for Natsuru came at the end of ep7. And so, criticizing her for not pursuing him by adapting to his favor is premature to begin with. We'll see how things will go next ep. You can still bitch about her by then.

Quote:
Well obviously if their is a situation where she sees that not following her direction is less favorable than just accepting the situation for what it is. We've got a rather unbalanced situation in combat powers here that would make anyone wary of her. I mean, cutting the bullets in half in mid-air and then knocking them all out in one swipe? Come on. I don't see it as being entirely intimidated. Rather just, "Let her do what she wants, he happens to work most of the time." "I can't seem to bust a cap in her pompous ass, so whatever."
That's not how she's acting though. Non-Kämpfer Akane is a reasonably smart, yet soft gentle girl that is painfully underappreciated by Natsuru. Kämpfer Akane is a violent simpleton with the instinct to shoot at whoever pisses her off. I do like her impulsive honesty, but if there's one thing that she has NOT shown, then it would be rational cost/benefit assessments like what you listed.

Quote:
Then I think she should step down and stick to her spy game.

On a side note, I can see why Kaede and Shizuku are good friends, they both are incredibly opportunistic.
Opportunistic?

Please elaborate. What exactly is opportunistic in what they've been doing, in particular Shizuku?

Quote:
Obviously. She's holding a good deal of cards. OF COURSE she's calm. Like a player looking down on the chessboard. You can hardly blame the others except for their personalities. It would irritate the hell out of me to have someone around me so tight-lipped, does whatever the hell she wants with me, abuses her power over the situation(arguably for my benefit, but that's dubious at best), and makes it look like I've done something wrong when I get mad even when I'm ignorant of the whole situation.
Why would she have to spill her knowledge unasked? Neither Natsuru nor Akane have even bothered to ask her for more information. If they're really interested, they could - and should. Instead, we have one transforming airhead auto-gushing over Kaede most of the time, with a few minutes of lucid thought after a fight, before he reverts to his usual self. We have one shy-yet-protective girl who slowly grasps that her prince charming doesn't have her on his radar at all, all hopes and fantasies notwithstanding. And who turns into an enjoyable, but uncontrollable loose cannon in a fighter form. I'll reserve judgment on Mikoto until we've seen more of her. And we have Kaede who is one-track-minded after Natsuru female.

Compared to this Kindergarten, Shizuku is a welcome breath of maturity and rationality to me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 17:39   Link #1273
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Ok time for my usual comment.... Shizuku.

That is all.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 22:52   Link #1274
Wrath88
Kissing...

Haha, Americans... that was a good one.

I'm not entirely sure about how dense Akane is, but I think its around the level of 'too dense to recognize that Natsuru is dense as well'. With Natsuru's level of blockheadedness, the only method is full-out head-on offensive attacks.
Old 2009-11-14, 23:26   Link #1275
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post

sorry for the repost but i just had to say that this one is hilarious
got a link to the full pic?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 00:22   Link #1276
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 7 was interesting, wow, I knew Sakura liked those stuffed animals, but I didn't know she liked them THAT much. Also that was a lot of pocky she bought. That is an odd way to do lots I must say I've seen it a few times, in other shows, but still find it odd. With the introduction of the new Kampfer from the white team, this makes me wonder how many teams there are. I like the fact that even the animals realize how thick headed Natsu is.
Old 2009-11-15, 03:46   Link #1277
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post

sorry for the repost but i just had to say that this one is hilarious
I found the meme site for it.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:17   Link #1278
JokerD

Quote:
Some of them are cute, I still wouldn't be able to sleep in a room full of them though, it would be like sleeping in a graveyard, or a morgue
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:41   Link #1279
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
got a link to the full pic?
I think Mikoo have it, search him in Graphic Designer group in this forum
here the rest of them:

[/QUOTE]
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 12:30   Link #1280
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Episode 8 is being shown on the 19th of this month right?

Just watched 1 to 7 and really enjoyed it.

I have a question, are the English subs direct translations, because sometimes I feel the translastions are sometimes made up?

Last edited by IronWarrior; 2009-11-15 at 12:45.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen