AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-17, 13:51   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 440 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 13:55   Link #2
El_Negro
El_Negro

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! FIRST POST EPIC WIN 4 ME :-)

Anyway next chapter is probably discussion and Naruto first step into growing up (seeking out the answer himself)

Naruto meets World lol!!!
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 13:56   Link #3
james0246

Seemingly confirmed spoiler -

Source :KWGoDのbrucelee

Quote:
Quick translation of the main points:

-The chapter is mostly talking.
-Naruto punches Yondaime for putting 9-Tails in him but after talking he's satisfied.
-Naruto asks for help in answering Pain's question. Yondaime says Naruto will be able to find the answer.
-Pain is being used by Madara who was behind the 9-Tails attack 16 years ago. Naruto realizes Tobi=Madara.
-Naruto uses Sennin-mode to escape the sphere and Nagato comments that Naruto is back to himself.
-Next chapter is "The Final Battle with Pain"

Extra stuff: Yondaime fixes the 9-Tails seal on Naruto stomach and is alive inside Naruto's consciousness and thus knows Jiraiya is dead.
Spoiler for stuff...:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 14:04   Link #4
El_Negro
El_Negro

^^ He's just there to give Naruto motivational boost into becoming a Hokage
Old 2009-03-17, 14:05   Link #5
Rahan

Yeah, I called it filler, but fanservice works too.
I was excited last week, but I thought we would get more than "by the way, a masked man was there when I fought Kyuubi"

I think the only reason Kishi made Minato appear was to tell Naruto who is his father without making anyone confess they knew all along.

But then, some parts of the spoiler are so stupid that I am still doubting the spoiler is true even if it's apparently confirmed.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:07   Link #6
Kakosan

How can Naruto realize Madara = Tobi, if he doesn't even know who the hell is Madara?

FAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:24   Link #7
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakosan View Post
How can Naruto realize Madara = Tobi, if he doesn't even know who the hell is Madara?

FAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!
Wouldn't Naruto have heard of Madara? He was kind of a legend. Heck naruto fought Sasuke above a giant statue of the guy. That said I don't know how Minato would know they were one and the same to tell Naruto. I mean has poor Madara been using the Tobi facade for decades?
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:36   Link #8
Rahan

Naruto doesn't know Madara, but is told Madara is behind Pain.

Naruto merely makes the connection behind the masked man he fought and the one who summoned Kyuubi, then he realizes it must be Madara.
If Kakashi is not the only one to have noticed Tobi's sharingan or if he shared his discovery, then it's the only thing in the chapter that make sense even if it's something Sasuke could have told Naruto in a few chapters. Or an hypothesis Jiraiya could have shared with Naruto years ago ... Well you get the point, it's something that didn't require Minato at all ...
Old 2009-03-17, 15:37   Link #9
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
But then, some parts of the spoiler are so stupid that I am still doubting the spoiler is true even if it's apparently confirmed.
I am kind of hoping that this is some sort of early April Fool's joke simply because I want Minato's appearance to matter more. But, it has been confirmed on several forums, so it looks legit. It's a shame, really, so far nothing he has said couldn't have been said my a number of other characters (etc). Here's hoping he can at least mention something about Kushina (like that she was alive after giving birth to Naruto, considering the main theory for her dying is dying during child birth) before fading into the ether from whence he came.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:39   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Spoiler for Massive confirmed spoiler apparently:

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2009-03-17 at 15:45. Reason: Regulations
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:42   Link #11
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I am kind of hoping that this is some sort of early April Fool's joke simply because I want Minato's appearance to matter more. But, it has been confirmed on several forums, so it looks legit. It's a shame, really, so far nothing he has said couldn't have been said my a number of other characters (etc). Here's hoping he can at least mention something about Kushina (like that she was alive after giving birth to Naruto, considering the main theory for her dying is dying during child birth) before fading into the ether from whence he came.
Well, there is no doubt the one who posted the script used the tripcode of nja (someone who has already posted true spoilers)
now, it's still possible it's a prank from nja or that nja's tripcode has been hacked, but it's rather unlikely.

@fukitsu Naruto : this one is seemingly fake. But the guy who posted it keeps posting it everywhere. (at least, he posted it at least 4 times at NF)
Old 2009-03-17, 15:48   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
@fukitsu Naruto : this one is seemingly fake. But the guy who posted it keeps posting it everywhere. (at least, he posted it at least 4 times at NF)
-Yeah, I suppose. The whole thing sounded fishy when Kushina was mentioned. The spoiler providers did have an image posted but its only the cover...
Old 2009-03-17, 15:51   Link #13
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Naruto go back into sage mode, how could he still have that last clone? The last time he went to four tails, the pain from the transformation caused his clones to vanish. After eight tails is it even possible for a clone to survive? Perhaps because it was in sage mode it could withstand a bit of harm? Probably some plot no jutsu more than anything (if either of the spoilers above are true that is).
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:59   Link #14
kakakka

In frog land (excuse the term I use) there are still 1 Naruto clone waiting to be summoned, incase Naruto's sgae mode runs dry...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 16:04   Link #15
Ero-Senn1n

Now that Naruto is told about Madara being the mastermind behind the kyuubi attack it's even more pathetic if Sasuke believes Madara's story about kyuubi being just a random natural disaster. Maybe Sasuke didn't really believe all what Madara told, but since Madara told much more important things Sasuke simply does not care about who summoned the kyuubi. I mean Madara told of Itachi's true story and also he told that he was the one who helped Itachi kill the clan, since this directly affected Sasuke's life i think Sasuke simply didn't find it important if the kyuubi was summoned by Madara or it was just randomly attacking. But in this case Sasuke looks quite stupid, since he should understand that it was Madara's kyuubi summon that started the whole Uchiha vs Konoha hatred, so if Sasuke does not realize that Madara is the real cause of the death of Itachi and his parents then he is either dumb or is absolutely blinded by his emotions. If we look at things this way then we can see how much more mature and mentally stable Naruto is.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 16:22   Link #16
El_Negro
El_Negro

Sasuke blinded by his emotions besides too much crap already f**ked his keen sense of perception. poor guy ;-(

This next chapter might be boorish but I digress, it's good to see Minato I just hope the damn series reaches up to that part cuz the fillers are f**king it up
Old 2009-03-17, 16:52   Link #17
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Seemingly confirmed spoiler -

Source :KWGoDのbrucelee

Spoiler for stuff...:
Yondaime geting punched by Naruto... Hahahahaha, now I just HAVE to see that.
Old 2009-03-17, 17:10   Link #18
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Spoiler for Massive confirmed spoiler apparently:
She's in a cave buried in materi-I mean orbs of chakra after witnessing the atrocities/stupidity her son would commit when he is older and the monster he could become.

@Spectacular_Insanity what would be truly epic if after the punch Yondaime barely flinched, looked down at Naruto and said 'Insolent boy' using the stare of intimidation that Uchiha and Pain uses.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 17:39   Link #19
strategos

Spoiler for the 4th?:

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 18:18   Link #20
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So when Naruto goes back, I'm guessing no more 9 tails power? :[