AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2009-10-15, 04:41   Link #1241
tkcom
Killjoy-sama

Just finished it and whoa! I really like the street-level, limited-knowledge suspense just like what we got from Cloverfield. But still... that... erm... "Sixth Sense" ending kinda bugged me a bit. After the first 4 eps, I kept thinking it's gonna be like...

Spoiler for My ending:

Don't you hate making expectation for this kind of stuff?

Anyway, I still can't believe how intense it was for both action and emotion. I think we should be glad to see something like this being made in the way that we'd start to appreciate those who work and volunteer for disaster relief even more.
tkcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:59   Link #1242
BigGimp77

So anyways. I'm usually up for watching anything that BONES has it's hand on. Anything they touch is worth watching imo.

Anyways, I came into this thinking it was going to be an action/disaster movie. It was defiantly not what I thought it was going to be.

I started getting bored after the hospital scene where Mirai dreamt that Yuuki died and then when Mira found her kids. I mean the Earthquake had been over for a while and it was just a matter a time before they found their parents blah blah blah hurry up and get to the happy ending.

I was pretty sure that it was going to be a generic happy ending, or at least something would happen to the parents. So I'm bracing for a small possibility that something bad would go wrong with the parents. I thought I was prepared for the last couple episodes.

BUT NO. BONES had to go and be jerks about the ending and make it REALLY EFFIN SAD.

I came in thinking this was gonna be an action/disaster/suspense show, but I ended up getting a very depressing drama. Now I'm pissed cause I feel like going and crawling up in a ball some where.

(All in all, I thought the show was very good btw)
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 01:46   Link #1243
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

I have just finished watching Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and boy did it blow me away! This show, by far, is the saddest anime that I have watched. It is an almost perfect show from start to finish. Only 11 episodes, but it had me "hooked" right from the start. One or two things...

Spoiler for ending:

My spoiler free review here.

Last edited by HitagiIsHot; 2009-11-22 at 23:03.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 01:20   Link #1244
strategos

I finished this series. Damn, so sad. It seems that when tokyo tower felt, something did hit Yuukki. I kind of knew, something spoiled me a bit before, that the happened something. Damn, didnt expected this. When I saw that the Women, wasn't talking to Yuuki I was like, sh*t, Then when we see her perspectivee and the sister perpective, it was a 100% that Yuuki died T_T.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 21:54   Link #1245
qwertyuiopz

im only at ep 2 and i already teared when she found yuuki :'( im getting softer and softer

btw yuuki has an amazing VA

edit: i finished it today and
Spoiler for :

Last edited by qwertyuiopz; 2010-05-05 at 23:26.
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 15:02   Link #1246
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

10/10 this is the first anime that has ever made me SHED actually tears and get really emotional.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 18:49   Link #1247
FireChick

I wish this anime would get licensed already! Come on, FUNimation! You've been nabbing every Noitamina title lately! GET THIS PLEASE!!! And cast Brittney Karbowski as Mirai while you're at it!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 20:12   Link #1248
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's interesting to see a new burst of posting on this show. It broke my heart the way only something we truly love can - I seriously loathed the direction the series took in the second half and felt it completely lost it's way. But for about 6 episodes, I loved it as much as I've loved any series in a long, long time. If nothing else, I respect that the writing was so strong as to make me care enough to be furious at where things progressed.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:13   Link #1249
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

I wouldn't say i hated the direction it went in during the second half, but it was definitely a change from the first half. besides, it has one of the most powerful endings in recent anime.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 00:43   Link #1250
InitialGT

Spoiler:
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 10:28   Link #1251
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialGT View Post
Spoiler:
No, but the damage was done there.
Old 2011-03-11, 05:35   Link #1252
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
When i heard of the Earthquake in Tokyo, japan.

My first image was this anime!!!

D:

Freaky prediction. Hopefully we won't see the same devastating scenarios that we saw in this series!

My heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims! ;_;
Old 2011-03-11, 06:10   Link #1253
msg

I doubt this series will be aired if the earthquake happens at that time
two eartquakes struck japan just recently - one at the sea with the magnitude near 9 and one above tokyo with the magnitude of 6 D:
Old 2011-03-11, 06:14   Link #1254
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Well it happened for real this time...Except it's more like Tokyo Magnitude Live Action 8.9 unfortunately. Not the kind of thing you'd want to see for real, ever. But Tokyo was long overdue to have a major earthquake.
Old 2011-03-11, 08:27   Link #1255
Morbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Well it happened for real this time...Except it's more like Tokyo Magnitude Live Action 8.9 unfortunately. Not the kind of thing you'd want to see for real, ever. But Tokyo was long overdue to have a major earthquake.
Actually, IIRC, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is 8.0 in a different scale... It's not richter's open scale. I believe Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 would be like 9.5 on richter's or something. Good news that it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be, and good thing it was in the sea mid-morning.

Breaking news says 95 confirmed casualties, a train with many trains has been confirmed as disappeared... Well, here's hoping it doesn't reach the thousand casualties.
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 12:39   Link #1256
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The main difference is that this quake hit 200km away from Tokyo. Sendai was the closest real city, and it appears to have escaped horrendous damage as the quake was offshore (as in so many cases the worst casualties will come from the tsunami). In the anime the epicenter of the quake was right under Tokyo.

Still - it seems prescient when you think about it now. Japan is an amazingly geologically active country (thus all the onsen) so quakes are never too far from the public mind.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 13:01   Link #1257
klare

was in Tokyo last month... i believe Japanese are well-prepare for earthquakes, but the tsunami looks serious

wonder will robots being used as shown in this series
Old 2011-03-11, 14:39   Link #1258
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

I think a lot of TM8 is playing out for real today. The death toll, by various reports, is approaching a thousand people. Fortunately, Tokyo is getting off relatively easily. Among the various photos, I noticed this one of Odaiba, and the FujiTV building featured in the anime:

SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nobunaga the Fool | Nisekoi | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 17:23   Link #1259
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
8.9? More like Tokyo Magnitude 9.0. I mean they should start making a sequel of it.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-03-11 at 23:42.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 17:30   Link #1260
achirist
Shaking Ether

When I heard about the earthquake this morning, I thought of this anime. Real life is surely much more horrific.

Tags
bones, japan, noitamina, tragedy