AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 93 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 23.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 10.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 1.84%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 5.53%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-19, 19:28   Link #221
TODAY-G
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: China/Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...After 11 and a half hours of marathoning Toradora with a friend, I can honestly say I never want to hear her talk again.
You really suffered a lot...I can understand not everyone like her.
TODAY-G is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:30   Link #222
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
nevermind i found her. i didn't know Taiga and Alphonse from FMA were the same voice actress.

shes is pretty cute too

God, I hope you're kidding. That's Hirano Aya, and not Kugimiya Rie. Even the picture says so.

She did Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Kugimiya Rie is neither that cute nor that attractive (though some people may disagree ^^).
physics223 is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:32   Link #223
TODAY-G
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: China/Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
nevermind i found her. i didn't know Taiga and Alphonse from FMA were the same voice actress.

shes is pretty cute too


Big mouthI prefer her voice more

But obviously I made a mistake since I never remember how she looks like...
TODAY-G is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:37   Link #224
Yukinokesshou
ドジ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Taiga's voice actress, who has the most annoying voice in the world.

Just wondering, are you a masochist?
I don't really care for Kugimiya's voice, but I think it suits Taiga well.

The most annoying voice in Toradora has to be that of Kihara Maya... but I just looked up the seiyuu and it's Nonaka Ai who also happens to be Fuuko's voice in Clannad, so she must have intentionally assumed that annoying voice for Kihara.

[Edit] Kawashima Ami probably has the most normal-sounding voice of all the girls in Toradora.
[Edit 2] ... but only when she's being her real self.
Yukinokesshou is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:41   Link #225
TODAY-G
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: China/Canada
Age: 26


Here she is. To be honest I care her voice more than what she looks like.

Pic has been fixed.

Last edited by TODAY-G; 2009-03-19 at 20:01.
TODAY-G is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:46   Link #226
Yukinokesshou
ドジ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a house
It says: 「该图片仅限百度用户交流使用」
This picture is restricted to communication between Baidu users.
Yukinokesshou is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:47   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Taiga's voice actress, who has the most annoying voice in the world.
Obviously its a good thing there is diversity in taste so there are voice actresses who meet a variety of tastes. Yeah, I like Kugimiya's voice as well.... though I also like the VAs for Minorin and Ami.
Interestingly, I did not care for the anime version of Kugimiya's other characters (Louise, Shana) but it wasn't due to the voice work.

I tend to favor small high-pitched growly voices (Chiwa Saito- Hazuki/TMP, Becky/PPD) or deeper ones like Asakawa Yuu (Motoko/LH, Sasaki/AzuDa).
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:51   Link #228
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
The most annoying voice in Toradora has to be that of Kihara Maya... but I just looked up the seiyuu and it's Nonaka Ai who also happens to be Fuuko's voice in Clannad, so she must have intentionally assumed that annoying voice for Kihara.
Conversely, I love Ai Nonaka's voice.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:53   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Since many actresses can do more than one kind of voice and personality - points to Ai Nonaka for being versatile.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:55   Link #230
Yukinokesshou
ドジ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Conversely, I love Ai Nonaka's voice.
That was my point: I certainly enjoyed Nonaka's voice acting as Fuuko in Clannad. I just didn't like the voice she put on for Kihara. Well, at least she's versatile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Since many actresses can do more than one kind of voice and personality - points to Ai Nonaka for being versatile.
Oops, didn't read that before posting the above.
Yukinokesshou is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 19:56   Link #231
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
God, I hope you're kidding. That's Hirano Aya, and not Kugimiya Rie. Even the picture says so.

She did Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Kugimiya Rie is neither that cute nor that attractive (though some people may disagree ^^).
I don't know if this sounds mean but... Aya is much younger than the girl in this picture.

I looked it up too, this is the first image that comes up on Google images when you type in Rie's name and I've seen her picture before, it's really her. I also happen to think she's a great voice actor, it isn't her fault the way ZnT turned out.
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:01   Link #232
Yukinokesshou
ドジ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a house
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't know if this sounds mean but... Aya is much younger than the girl in this picture.

I looked it up too, this is the first image that comes up on Google images when you type in Rie's name and I've seen her picture before, it's really her. I also happen to think she's a great voice actor, it isn't her fault the way ZnT turned out.
But if you click on the image and go the webpage, it states that the girl is Aya. Kugimiya is mentioned in the following sentence so Google turns up this picture when you search for Kugimiya.

And funny... I never knew word order mattered in Google; I thought it just searched keywords in no particular order. I kept entering "Kugimiya Rie" but that picture never turned up until I tried "Rie Kugimiya".
Yukinokesshou is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:05   Link #233
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't know if this sounds mean but... Aya is much younger than the girl in this picture.

I looked it up too, this is the first image that comes up on Google images when you type in Rie's name and I've seen her picture before, it's really her. I also happen to think she's a great voice actor, it isn't her fault the way ZnT turned out.
What? No, that's Aya Hirano.

And I accept that Kugimiya has talent... I just can't stand her voice for long periods of time.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:09   Link #234
fish eric
like to talk to fish?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
But if you click on the image and go the webpage, it states that the girl is Aya. Kugimiya is mentioned in the following sentence so Google turns up this picture when you search for Kugimiya.

And funny... I never knew word order mattered in Google; I thought it just searched keywords in no particular order. I kept entering "Kugimiya Rie" but that picture never turned up until I tried "Rie Kugimiya".
yes, i just didn't go any further. when i looked her up on wikipedia it had no pic, this was the first GIS result so I had no reason to dig any deeper.

To be honest. I was much happier with the Aya pic() then the real Rie pic( )
fish eric is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:14   Link #235
TODAY-G
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: China/Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What? No, that's Aya Hirano.

And I accept that Kugimiya has talent... I just can't stand her voice for long periods of time.
And it all depends on how she will perform in the next oneLike coming FMA.

I strongly suggest that she should try some new types of characters instead of tsundere.
TODAY-G is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:16   Link #236
TODAY-G
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: China/Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
...To be honest. I was much happier with the Aya pic() then the real Rie pic( )
So when can we see Haruhi again? Anyway I have been waiting for long.
TODAY-G is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:17   Link #237
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TODAY-G View Post
And it all depends on how she will perform in the next oneLike coming FMA.

I strongly suggest that she should try some new types of characters instead of tsundere.
Al sounds nothing like her tsundere voice, so I'm not worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODAY-G View Post
So when can we see Haruhi again? Anyway I have been waiting for long.
Try April 3rd. If there's anything new, it's coming out then.

Also don't double post.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:29   Link #238
TODAY-G
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: China/Canada
Age: 26
Sorry for that, roger. Kyoto just remakes the first season, hope the second one wouldn't be far away.

I still think better to say something about the topic here. And I suddenly realize Toradora has covered all 10 books in a series. That's why it pushed too fast some time. Like the conflict between the mom and the son. Even I know there should be the reason why Yasuko freaked out.
TODAY-G is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:46   Link #239
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Gah, I messed up. Just an idiot or secret racist!?
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-03-19, 20:52   Link #240
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 29
I think Taiga is one of the best Kugimiya Tsundere I've seen. I don't typically like Tsundere, but Taiga has the personality and the voice acting talent to really elevate the character above the rest.

The human drama involved in Toradora was interesting, although more conventional in theme. There have been really good moments in this show honestly, looking back at this point. Ryuuji's journey in life with I suppose Taiga (clearer than water by this point) is something that I wish can be expanded upon further than adolescence and going into their formulative years, but I don't think that will happen...
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.