AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-14, 16:49   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm aiming for a Carrier myself. That literally lets me be a commander over a lot of fighters. <3

Ahh, drones.
Old 2009-04-14, 17:09   Link #22
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

I was thinking going into EWAR myself or some sorts...at least for fleet action. I don't think I'm even gonna look at any capitals regardless of how long I play, they don't attract me much. Not too long skill training time either for EWAR.

Since a Carrier needs support to survive, I would be fine with the idea of a small fleet ratting in 0.0 somewhere...I love smaller ships...although I haven't gotten my Dominix yet, so that's an undecided factor...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 21:38   Link #23
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

You can keep a carrier in a POS and just assign fighters to a battleship, makes 'em quite a beast. Or at least it did back when I played o.o

Plus people can stick their ships inside, as well as having decent cargo space.
Old 2009-04-21, 04:36   Link #24
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Ive been in the 'animesuki' channel haven't seen anyone yet

I have myself a Kestrel and a Caracal for Caldari missile fun times at the moment, I can do L2's with either of them I believe but I don't have hardly any Agents unlocked, so most of mine seem to be limited to L1, most the L2's I've been doing are from going along with some people I've talked to in game. I really want to get something for stealth though (the idea of cloaking is awesome to me), so I'm training up a Manticore, and if I'm understanding missions right if I run L3's I'll be able to use it for hit and run's on Battleships since L3's are all Battleships.

Unless someone has a better idea?
Old 2009-04-21, 11:27   Link #25
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Unfortunately Stealth Bombers are very skill-point intensive to use effectively. Stealth Bombers cannot perform missions effectively, due to expensive weaponry and very long firing cooldown.

I suggest saving for a Ferox or Drake Battlecruiser, both of which can handle L3s (the latter, even L4s) when well fitted. I used a passive tank for both of those ships.

The Ferox is around 22M, the Drake around 44M (prices are bound to be off, I haven't played in a year or so).
Old 2009-04-21, 11:46   Link #26
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post

Not sure about the others, but I'm currently on and off on irregular intervals, so you might catch me some day.
Old 2009-04-21, 11:54   Link #27
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post

I have myself a Kestrel and a Caracal for Caldari missile fun times at the moment, I can do L2's with either of them I believe but I don't have hardly any Agents unlocked, so most of mine seem to be limited to L1, most the L2's I've been doing are from going along with some people I've talked to in game. I really want to get something for stealth though (the idea of cloaking is awesome to me), so I'm training up a Manticore, and if I'm understanding missions right if I run L3's I'll be able to use it for hit and run's on Battleships since L3's are all Battleships.

Unless someone has a better idea?
As Keroko, I'm on very irregularly, usually in the morning or evenings quite late.

As for L3, they are not just BS. BS are quite rare actually, but Battlecruisers and Cruisers are very normal. I'm only doing L3 now on a regular basis on my Myrmidon and every mission with a BS is either a) Quite easy since it's a logistic BS or b) Extremely hard when it's 2+ BS and numerous cruisers...tactical warp-out ftw. I think I know 3 missions which features a BS...bounty is often very high though, so it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Unfortunately Stealth Bombers are very skill-point intensive to use effectively. Stealth Bombers cannot perform missions effectively, due to expensive weaponry and very long firing cooldown.
Anything with stealth for PvP and PvE seems to be broken atm, according to the official forums. Their performance don't justify their cost.

Quote:
I suggest saving for a Ferox or Drake Battlecruiser, both of which can handle L3s (the latter, even L4s) when well fitted. I used a passive tank for both of those ships.

The Ferox is around 22M, the Drake around 44M (prices are bound to be off, I haven't played in a year or so).
Seconding Drake. I'm still training to mine, but I an't too far off and I heard good things about it. Noting I'm Gallente so skilling takes longer since I cross-train.

You got the prices about right, although the difference in price between them is lower now.

Old 2009-04-21, 17:05   Link #28
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Mmm I was thinking a Drake would be a good option for a missile boat after my Caracal.

Caracal has:

5x 'Arbalest' Assault Missile Launchers

Invulnerability Field 1
Proton Scattering Field 1
2x Large Shield Extender
10MN Afterburner

2x Ballistic Missile Control System 1

Not to bad for tech 1, I was wondering what to do after that. To go for a tech 2 setup or not. going for a Drake I'd end up in tech 2 stuff anyway, but still I'm not sure if its a waste to set the Caracal in tech 2 stuff, or just save all that for the Drake

I really need to find missions that pay a bit more, considering I'm one shoting stuff in L1's (or maybe I've been lucky) I should probably really find some L2's. That or get a salvager or something. I seem to be bleeding money away rather then making it since I'm buying skills/equipment.

Thats kind of disappointing about SB, even with the buffs they had in the patch last week. I was led to believe that with the changes now they were supposed to be better at what they do. Although I guess it does seem fairly niche.
Old 2009-04-21, 17:39   Link #29
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

I would recommend skilling up and get a salvager. Your income will increase tenfold in some missions. I got that as fast as I could.

The fitting is as solid as can get, it's the best Tech 1 version I think. My personal advice would be to not upgrade to Tech 2 until sometime after the Drake. The skills to get there will take a good while anyway and it's hideously more expensive.
That's just me though, but I didn't have ANY Tech 2 fitting on my ships until now, and I could solo any L1, L2 and L3 mission before that with tactical warp-outs.

I think, from what I've seen, Tech 1 is enough for every mission L1 to L3 has to offer. Sure, some missions you have to warp out, but that's life. It's also a LOT more expensive and more skill intensive with Tech 2.

On a different note, my personal hunt for my first BS looms closer. I got the ISK so I can afford to lose it, but still missing skills...but I do have almost every L4 agent in Gallente space available.

Old 2009-04-22, 00:02   Link #30
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Once you have a Raven and L4 Quality 20 Agents, the money rolls in like crazy.

And definitely seconded on the Salvager, I used a tractor beam as well.

Or you can rat/mine in 0.0 if that takes your fancy, ratting is quite nice at 1.85mil per kill, and isn't as hellish as some of the L4s can get (I think Worlds Collide(?) was a notoriously tough one).
Old 2009-04-22, 04:18   Link #31
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Expanding about salvagers, once you get more into L2 and L3, make a dedicated Salvageboat. Buy a Cormorant (Destroyer) and fit with salvagers, tractor beams, some cap rechargers if cap is a problem and an AB.
Clear the room, go back to the station where you have the Salvageboat, don't hand in the mission, go back and salvage, go back to station and hand in mission. Tiresome and takes time, if it's a few jumps away, but for the larger missions it's worth it. 10 million extra ISK for 30 min more work in some places. Just make sure to sell the stuff at the right place.

I personally have a Catalyst, but that's because I didn't have a choice at the time. Cormorant have better cap and cargo hold. (Destroyers are preferred as they have 8 slots to fit in.)
I do need to upgrade though, the 400 m2 is sometimes not enough for L3 and I have to go several times...for L4 I will need to use my Exequror >_>

Old 2009-04-22, 04:48   Link #32
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Quote:
10 million extra ISK for 30 min more work in some places. Just make sure to sell the stuff at the right place.
Salvagers can make that much difference in earnings? Dayum. Mmmm, and selling 'at the right place' generally means Jita 4 moon 4 amirite. >.> Slightly more seriously though, is it worth reprocessing stuff?

really need to get some more earnings!
Old 2009-04-22, 05:20   Link #33
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Some stuff is worth re-processing, yes. But it varies per item, location and day. If you're lazy like me, you'll just sell anything that goes for more then 10K, and reprocess anything that goes under that.
Old 2009-04-22, 05:21   Link #34
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Yea, for Caldari it's Jita I think. Check market before selling anything to learn what is worth more.
Reprocessing depends, I usually do that with stuff that's extremely cheap (ammo, salvage that isn't worth anything, etc.), but it helps if your refining skills are high too. Less waste.
And yeah, I might have upped the number, but at times it's 10 million for the hardest missions afterwards. Usually it's 3-6, but even that is welcomed.

EDIT: Keroko beat me to it. I agree anything below 10k is usually worth reprocessing.

Old 2009-04-22, 09:31   Link #35
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Out of curiosity, why the hate for passive tank drakes? I was looking at builds for Drakes and nearly all are passive tank... and everyone hates them with the unholy fires of abyss!

Are they like quite cheesy or something?

Apparently I could train out a full tech 1 Drake in a day, according to EVEHQ. Even then I think thats getting a bit ahead of myself. Still need many agents, and sick of spending the monies atm and getting naught return!
Old 2009-04-22, 10:14   Link #36
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Well, with passive tanking, you're cutting down on things to do, which for Caldari ships, means you press F1-F7 and go to sleep.

It becomes really, really, boring.
Old 2009-07-06, 05:11   Link #37
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Started a trial account after being fed up with what I heard from the Renewal tests in ragnarok Online, Rune Knights don't deserve that shitty treatment from the development team (especially in the attack speed topic). I played WoW in trial too but the thing just doesn't appeal to me. So after ragequitting RO, I refused to play another fantasy MMO where warrior classes are treated like shit or sitting somewhere in the bottom tiers. So, here I choose Eve, play the trial at a slow and relaxed pace by taking the tutorial slowly.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 06:51   Link #38
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

It's a good game to play with, particularly if you like that little bit of micro-managing.

I haven't played for about 3 weeks now, just been busy busy with other things. Should jump back into it now that I've gotten that stuff out of the way. Will have to remember how to play, yet again! That and remember what I was doing... I think it was L2's for cash. Mmmm...

Anyone else still playing? I was in the AS channel (I think) and didn't see anyone in it, at my times anyway.
Old 2009-07-08, 07:06   Link #39
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

My character is a Gallente pilot, novice and named after my history teacher from highschool. I picked Gallente because of the french ancestry of the faction, who would have guessed *whistles*? At the moment, I am doing the storyline missions, "Make Mountains Out of Molehills", "Balancing the Books" and "Cash Flow for the Capsuleers". I plan to run most of storyline missions I can do for cash.

I am aiming first for a Myrmidon then a Sin. Because I love drones.

Career-wise, something between mercenary, small hauler and courier; mainly because I used to play Elite back in the day and EVE offers something close to it if not way more. I don't really have the leadership for large fleets, and leadership + management for running industrial groups.

EDIT: After talking with a fellow french, a Dominix is actually what I should aim.

Last edited by Sheba; 2009-07-09 at 06:14.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:22   Link #40
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Currently addicted to this game.

I *love* the constant PVP. I love the fact that they allow scamming. I love the player-controlled market. I love the thrill I get every time I roam lowsec and 0.0 with my corpmates. I love the fact that being a 1 month old newbie doesn't prevent you from being useful.

This game has brilliant ideas from the get-go, even if it has a pretty whiny community. I'm willing to brand it the best game I've ever played.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote