AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 00:31   Link #41
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

I have yet to venture into more PvP as my corp is a strong PvE/Market/Manufacturing corp. We do our occasional roams in T1 cruisers, which is really fun even if we get owned... especially one time when we got managed to set off a trap, it resulted in a 20 spike in Local, everyone in T2 cruisers VS us. We still managed to get out with only one ship lost so I guess our tactical retreat worked fine lol.

For solo PvP, I can venture out into low-sec and get attacked, our policy forbids us to attack, less they shoot first or are red. Not that it works out for me, I usually lose the frigate, but it's an experience every time.

Atm I'm trying to find more ways to increase my Dominix's effectiveness in L4s. The only thing I can upgrade is guns, although they still fail to hit anything, and my drone skills which should be maxed pretty soon. Only 18D to Drone Interfacing 5 >_>.

After that I will probably go for a Raven or a CNR... skills needed but I could fly them quite standard, although the budget for a CNR is a bit woha yet.

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 17:29   Link #42
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I started playing Eve in 2006, and I've been in the same corp and alliance ever since then. It's also the only MMO I've ever played. Right now I'm inactive though, don't really have time to play at the moment.

(ps, pve in this game sucks, go pvp in a rifter or something; you'll die a lot but it doesn't cost anything to lose and you'll have a ton of fun)
(pps also, playing this game alone REALLY sucks, find a corp with people you enjoy playing with and go out and do fun things together)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 20:03   Link #43
dutchviper

looks like a nice game i think i'm going to try it
dutchviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 00:06   Link #44
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I havent played now for like 2-2.5 weeks.

Just haven't had the time recently for two MMO's.

I've probably got the most tricked out Caracal in the galaxy though!
Old 2009-08-31, 16:51   Link #45
TheFluff

rifters are the best ships
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2009-08-31, 19:39   Link #46
NagatoYuki
Secluded Member

something to spend my time on
Old 2009-09-02, 22:17   Link #47
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
You in Goonswarm Fluff? :O

It's probably one of the alliances I like the most out there, perhaps just below PL. I like the fact that they play this game to have fun instead of waving their epeen around like many others do, and the stunt they played on BoB was pure genius. I'm still far from it but I plan on going the Snigg route and approaching PL if I ever get the chance of making it.

Right now I'm still in Eve University. Best corp for newbs and they cater to all styles of playing, and many big alliance vets are ex Uni members so having been taught by them will look good in your resume. Despite the fact that I find the carebear stuff pretty boring I get to fly around in lowsec every day. I will probably stick around for a few months and then approach SniggWaffe when I get the chance.

And yes, soloing this game is the pits. Even though Eve Uni is a very big corp (1400+ members), I've already found within a month a small group of like-minded players and we get to hang out pretty often. Sometimes I log on and don't even undock, just stay chatting there for a few minutes. Certainly something you don't see in WoW.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2009-09-02 at 22:27.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 23:03   Link #48
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
And yes, soloing this game is the pits. Even though Eve Uni is a very big corp (1400+ members), I've already found within a month a small group of like-minded players and we get to hang out pretty often. Sometimes I log on and don't even undock, just stay chatting there for a few minutes. Certainly something you don't see in WoW.
Untrue

The number of people running circles on top of banks and city bridges just talking to their guildies is... large :P
Old 2009-09-02, 23:17   Link #49
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Well forgot to make clear that the average WoW player does not really correlate to my tastes in social interaction

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 23:38   Link #50
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I kinda miss flying Geddons... they dealt out such punishment... till their cap sucked dry in 3s.

EDIT: But yeah, the "average" age and maturity for EVE seems to be a fair bit higher.
Old 2009-09-04, 18:43   Link #51
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
You in Goonswarm Fluff? :O
yes
unfortunately I cannot claim credit for that killmail I linked, though

Old 2009-11-07, 08:59   Link #52
Ending

I finally bought the game and while it does seem to hold some promise, it also looks a bit slow (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I'm currently training for Helios, so I can start finding different exploration sites, but damn it takes long. Training one skill to level 5 takes about four days and there doesn't seem to be any way to speed it up.

Anyone made a cov.op? How are the profits in hacking, salvaging, and wormhole exploration?
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 09:58   Link #53
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

There are boatloads of Learning Skills you can get that speed things up a lot. It's only the basic ones that take like 4 days from memory. I followed that site I linked to get a reasonable grasp on the game and too make some moolah doing missions.

I also used EVEMon and EVE HQ too plan out a training path too, and to fit out ships. Made it a great deal easier to organise myself then too once I had all that sorted out.

I've got a Stealth Bomber, although I don't really use it (haven't got all the skills). It's more a side hobby thing really. But for Cov Op's you'd want a fleet to back you up really. Worm Hole stuff is really profitable from the friends I've watched do it, I just stuck to PVE myself.

I wish I just had the time for a Strategic Crusier, I liked how the ship's look changes depending on how you outfit it.
Old 2009-11-07, 10:19   Link #54
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

The links Hat And Clogs provided are very recommended.

As for the rest, EVE requires a lot of patience. A lot. 4 days is for the most basic skills. The more advanced stretches 20+ days. You can aim for a Helios in the long run, but in the beginning I recommend missioning, unless you want to manufacture or mine. Exploration is not that profitable until you reach low-sec or 0.0 systems. Cov-ops and ships like it is mostly good for exploration and PvP, but only if you got the skills to actually fly it well.

Join the Animesuki channel in-game (or mail my char, Arkea Jindoi). I'm there when online if you want more details or help.

Old 2009-11-08, 14:38   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
the only way i could ever play this if there is even a little bit of "on foot" stuff.

is there ANY?
Old 2009-11-08, 14:45   Link #56
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

"On foot"? As in, outside the ship? Nope. Everything involves a ship. Even sitting in a station.

However, a future expansion - Incarna - will introduce Walking in Station. No exact details though and it will not be FPS/RPG because of it. I can only theorize, but it will probably involve interaction with other players and further deepen the atmosphere and interactivity of the present EVE.

Old 2009-11-08, 17:08   Link #57
Ending

Okay, I downloaded Evemon and will see how it goes. My plan is to help other corps find wormholes, open containers (hacking, salvaging), and snoop around stealthed. No head-on fighting. This should allow me to enter those low-sec areas with a corp. Basically I find the stuff, point it out, and stay hidden the rest of the time, which allows others to specialize in other areas.

I already bought Helios, by the way, so it's only a matter of training up before I can actually use it One thing I have been wondering is that should I train for those tier-2 learning skills? E.g: Eidetic memory, focus, and so on, which come after reaching lv.5 in tier-1.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:15   Link #58
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
I already bought Helios, by the way, so it's only a matter of training up before I can actually use it One thing I have been wondering is that should I train for those tier-2 learning skills? E.g: Eidetic memory, focus, and so on, which come after reaching lv.5 in tier-1.
If you plan to play EVE for more than a year, yes. There has been a lot of debate and all Basic Learning Skills to 4 or 5 and all the advanced to 4 is the recommended build. Each level increases the specific attribute by one and speeds up all training. They don't pay off until a few months, but if you plan to stay, do it.

I currently have the above build, together with +4 implants.
--------------------

So much to train atm, and not short ones either. I'm currently skilling up for an Abaddon with about 5 days left. After that, the real skilling begins. Advanced Weapons Upgrades 5; 24 days, Gallente BS 5; 27 days, Energy Upgrades 5; 8 days, Assault Ship; 10 days. This will finally give me the ability to fly the Kronos and Ishkur. Ishtar, Paladin and Thanatos is in my sights after that... so that's another 100+ days.

Old 2009-11-08, 17:42   Link #59
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Ouch... I haven't played for a couple months now. But I go and come back constantly, play for a couple months, take a break for a couple months then start again! From memory I had enough trained out for a Drake but I hadn't purchased the thing yet, people giving Drakes a bad rap mad me hesitant (but I liked the long range missile stuff.. BOMBARDMENT! BOMBARDMENT! Kinda why I liked the idea of a sniper cov op's/stealth bomber).
Old 2009-11-08, 17:48   Link #60
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

One of my corpmates gimped his Drake out completely. The thing could tank any L4 mission the game could throw at it, although the DPS was lacking. Caldari Navy Cruiser Launchers, faction mods, T2 mods, the whole schablom. A single of those launchers costed him 15 mill.

My alt (second account. Yes, I'm actually paying for two finally), might get into a Drake to do his own L3 missions when my main goes to 0.0. So far he can pilot a Raven with massive DPS, giving my Domi on my main a DPS boost (although the Raven can't solo L4s just yet.) Suffice to say, L4 missions have never been faster. Later on, he'll get into a Golem.