AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 21:16   Link #61
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Ganking people in lowsec with a Rifter is always fun. I got lolblobbed by Russians the other night after getting a ratting harby almost into structure. With a T1 frig.

Also if you think missioning is the most fun you can have in this game please go watch Garmon's videos. If that doesn't get the carebeareness off you, nothing will and you should go play WoW or something (jk, we need moar targets anyways ).

Quote:
Okay, I downloaded Evemon and will see how it goes. My plan is to help other corps find wormholes, open containers (hacking, salvaging), and snoop around stealthed. No head-on fighting. This should allow me to enter those low-sec areas with a corp. Basically I find the stuff, point it out, and stay hidden the rest of the time, which allows others to specialize in other areas.
Covops means you have access to stealth bombers, which are possibly some of the most fun ships you can fly around in PVP.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 04:43   Link #62
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Heh, we do occasional low-sec -> 0.0 PvP roams with my corp, even if we mostly get owned. There are some major PvPers around these parts that we can't budge. Then again, that's solely inexperience on our part, sine we are primarily an industry-based corp. Some time in the near future I'm personally going to try the task of FC. Luckily, all of us are more for the fun than SRS BSNS so losing ships and dying isn't a big deal.

With the launch of Dominion (Navy Domi, Rattlesnake OH YEEEEAH), our alliance is in a time of reformation. Having our own 0.0 system is a long way away, but we are slightly positive. I will probably stay behind in high-sec, farming missions for tax and manufacturing T1/T2 stuff for our guys in 0.0. However, the occasional low-sec PvE-ing will still remain and our PvP policies changed, to provide more targets.

As a final note, I've fallen in love with the Abaddon. Better DPS and tank than the Megathron, with no ammo use. So instead of a Kronos, the Paladin doesn't look too bad anymore.

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 21:53   Link #63
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I just can't see the fun in carebearing... ISK is just a major hurdle for me in the way of PVPing. I haven't gotten into T2 ships yet (except for stealth bombers since their survivability is so much higher)--I fly mostly insurable frigs, cruisers and BCs. You lose so many ships PVPing...

It is so much an issue for me that in fact that I'm considering breaking down and either getting a second account and making it a carebear character or just buying PLEX. Considering that for the same amount of money a carebear char can net much more than 300m per month of play, that seems to be the most reasonable alternative... but it's just so boring!

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 03:37   Link #64
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Oh I know, being in high-sec gets boring after a while, but the odd PvP roam or low-sec exploration brings it new life. Besides, the amount of PvE I do pays for everything else, so I gto a big buffer now which I can use to that stuff.

Also, I rarely do missions alone nowadays. It's much more fun sitting in voice chat with 3 corp members and chatting away, while "accidentally" shooting at each other. If it wasn't for my corp, I would probably go into piracy lol

Old 2009-11-18, 04:55   Link #65
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What is PLEX anyway? I never really udnerstood that.
Old 2009-11-18, 05:15   Link #66
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I always thought it was content purchased from CCP that was your very own dead space complex with valuable loot for easy cash? Dunno could be incredibly wrong though.
Old 2009-11-18, 08:44   Link #67
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

PLEX is an in-game item that, if you buy it and consume it, you get 30-day gametime for. There exist a market for it and it roughly goes for around 300 mill as noted above.

It's similar to buying gametime codes for ISK on the official forums, but PLEX is easier since it's in-game.

Old 2009-11-18, 16:25   Link #68
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Where the hell did my idea come from then.
Old 2009-11-23, 07:46   Link #69
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

With just a week to go, some previews of the new UI in Dominion from SISI has appeared. A few days dated, this vid shows it off fairly good. If I might say so myself, CCP has done a very sexy job with this. The Mail system especially, as it now has more of a Gmail look, including the browser which is based on the code that Google Chrome uses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68siAqFIU6w&hd=1

For planets, I'm sure not a lot has gone unnoticed. The new graphics and textures are mind-blowing compared to the prior ones. An excellent job by the artist team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekXTt...eature=related

The fleet finder that gets incorporated into Dominion is also very interesting. I expect a lot of feedback on that one.

Old 2009-11-24, 15:53   Link #70
Ending

Good changes, but one of the problems with the planets and other space items is the fact that they are universally small. None of the planets or asteroids look that big even when you fly right past them and the suns are even sillier: when you get close, they are still just about the size of your ship.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 16:06   Link #71
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Well, it's all down to the distance and scale. Even if it's "Warp to Zero" you don't actually go to 0. The times when planets or moons are massive is due to stations being close, but you can't actually get closer. I *think* there is canon information regarding this one, with magnetic fields and SCIENCE detailing why ships can't get close. Not sure though.

Btw, did you mean moons instead of asteroids?

Old 2009-11-24, 16:35   Link #72
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Prolly to do with the ships being unable to break orbit or something no doubt. And yeah a lot of the 'planets' are actually moons. Can you fly close to suns? I always wanted to try but kept forgetting.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:56   Link #73
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Not really. You can't warp to them directly... I think. I'm quite unsure actually. Busy with missions at the moment so will have to see later.

EDIT: My bad, you can warp to them. Warp to Zero brings me relatively close to them. "Close" being, it makes me go blind with light.

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2009-11-24 at 17:10.
Old 2009-11-26, 05:54   Link #74
Ending

Quote:
Well, it's all down to the distance and scale.
It's bollocks whatever the reason, because I can see that the object is right next to me because it "flips" when I move around it. It's just plain odd seeing a sun, which are million times the mass of our own planet, floating next to you like a basketball

Planets, okay, they're bigger, but none of them seems particularly massive. In fact, they all seem like they were made of the same mold.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 06:03   Link #75
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

No matter how much I zoom out though, the sun - and planets - remain unchanged. The ship is so small it can't be seen.

Anyway, CCP released the trailer for the upcoming expansion Dominion yesterday. It's... so very sexy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDVEHE10nHc
I find it quite fun that the tactics they use in this cinematic is actually used in EVE... including the part of the fleet going "Too late, already in warp." Also using the upcoming feature of Fleet Formations.

Old 2009-11-26, 06:55   Link #76
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Mmm cool video, I like the end heh.
Old 2009-11-26, 12:29   Link #77
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The best part about that is that it sounds like a mix of rp chat and regular guild chat, making the entire scenario feel like you're watching someone's recording rather than an official trailer.

Ahh, maybe I should revive my subscription again. It's been too long.
Old 2009-11-26, 12:45   Link #78
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Yes, which makes it so good. Hell our 0.0 guys will probably run around doing the same thing.

And yes you should. My corp is looking for more miners and industrialists.

Old 2009-11-26, 13:05   Link #79
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
"On foot"? As in, outside the ship? Nope. Everything involves a ship. Even sitting in a station.

However, a future expansion - Incarna - will introduce Walking in Station. No exact details though and it will not be FPS/RPG because of it. I can only theorize, but it will probably involve interaction with other players and further deepen the atmosphere and interactivity of the present EVE.
sweet, when that comes out, I will definaly play
Old 2009-11-26, 14:57   Link #80
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, there we go. Activated my account again and back to mining in 1.0 sec while leveling skills like the cowardly little carebear that I am.

Until I'm skilled and rich enough, that is...

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-11-27 at 03:42.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote