AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 06:57   Link #601
Aesthetic Shampoo

I see two ways this can end:

- The mystery of the island is solved and they find an ass pull way to go home.

- The mystery of the island is solved and they live on the island forever.

Either way will be a horrible ending, though i will be quite relieved that this is ending, especially since the tone has gone much too shounen in comparison to its beautiful opening arcs.

EDIT: I suppose that means we won't be seeing Hades again, huh...

Last edited by Aesthetic Shampoo; 2012-12-21 at 09:01.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 12:04   Link #602
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
That's...way too abrupt. It sounds like a cancellation, but it's been worded to sound like it was the author's choice. There's no way this can be cleaned up properly.
Old 2012-12-22, 10:03   Link #603
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

This can easily be finished off at any time with a "Lord of the Flies" ending. The navy ship sails in or the helicopter lands and takes everyone off the island. The question is whether the mangaka is skillful enough to tie up the loose ends and give us answers to all the unanswered questions in the few pages that are left.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 12:48   Link #604
Marina2

Well, in the lastest chapter (ch.182)

Images
The answer
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
the picture that Akira found"

Images
the last page of ch.

Spoiler for ch.182:

The manga is confirmed to end in next 3 chapters.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-12-23 at 13:02.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 03:27   Link #605
Divini
Senpai!

Argh.

Hades, Kouhei, Miina, Hard Drives, the biohazard, Chimaeras, the dying Tooru, and wasn't Kurusu still recovering somewhere too?

No possible way the author can wrap up all these plot threads satisfactorily in just 3 chapters.
Old 2012-12-24, 03:40   Link #606
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Argh.

Hades, Kouhei, Miina, Hard Drives, the biohazard, Chimaeras, the dying Tooru, and wasn't Kurusu still recovering somewhere too?

No possible way the author can wrap up all these plot threads satisfactorily in just 3 chapters.
Own assumption
They go back in time before plane crash and whole incident and creation of that island never existed.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:05   Link #607
DarkRaven
GOD

I still believe that Hades is the original sengoku who survived .. lol
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:08   Link #608
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

So the last chapter is 185, felt like it was too abrupt. Could have gone into much detail and easily could have been over 200 chapters. Though the author sounds like he is ending, I really do believe the publisher had a hand in the abrupt endings. I wonder if this manga might get a anime soon or not, feel like there is enough materials.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:13   Link #609
DarkRaven
GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
So the last chapter is 185, felt like it was too abrupt. Could have gone into much detail and easily could have been over 200 chapters. Though the author sounds like he is ending, I really do believe the publisher had a hand in the abrupt endings. I wonder if this manga might get a anime soon or not, feel like there is enough materials.
yeah i hope it gets an anime sometime.. i would def watch it!!
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:33   Link #610
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
The problem with the entire manga is the author used a lot of the plot point to kept the story on dragging way to long.....oh we found a hardrive...lets wait 30 chapters before someone can open it. We found a mummy....lets wait another 20 chapter for it. We saw a picture that is important....everyone gasp then the chapter stops till next week.

I wouldn't be surprised the fan-base finally fed up with it and the reader-ship dropped. I mean, I like this manga, but I still wait every 10-15 issues before I read it so I wouldn't hit the plot wall every issue or so.

Spoiler for Spoiler 181:
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:52   Link #611
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
The problem with the entire manga is the author used a lot of the plot point to kept the story on dragging way to long.....oh we found a hardrive...lets wait 30 chapters before someone can open it. We found a mummy....lets wait another 20 chapter for it. We saw a picture that is important....everyone gasp then the chapter stops till next week.

I wouldn't be surprised the fan-base finally fed up with it and the reader-ship dropped. I mean, I like this manga, but I still wait every 10-15 issues before I read it so I wouldn't hit the plot wall every issue or so.

Spoiler for Spoiler 181:
I felt that the plot was really good, the only part I dislike was the evil doctor part. The main character's name is Sengoku and it is hypothesis the women he is with is his mother. Do all mothers in manga look like they are in their 20's?
Old 2012-12-24, 20:13   Link #612
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
I felt that the plot was really good, the only part I dislike was the evil doctor part. The main character's name is Sengoku and it is hypothesis the women he is with is his mother. Do all mothers in manga look like they are in their 20's?
They will be lucky if they look like they are in their 20s. I seen asian womens in their 30s still look like lolis. My girlfriend is 28 and people still think she is barely legal. She is a senior accountant at a major accounting firm, yet most of her clients assume she is the intern...or someone's daughter.

Some asian girls you see in game shows and models are 5"10+ and "developed" at the tender age of 20+, but a lot of them are stuck @ short, petite and B cup until mid 30s
Old 2012-12-27, 21:06   Link #613
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Chapter 181 is prime example why this manga should be canceled.

A whole bunch of pages with complete lack of story movement, and end with you guess it, another huge cliff hanger.

It is like those DBZ cartoons we see as kids where Goku power up for 28 minutes of the story, throw a punch then tell the viewers to wait for next week for the effect of it.
Old 2012-12-27, 21:25   Link #614
Xellos-_^
Married

The current story has ran its course. While it is sad to see it end, at least the mangaka and the editors isn't beating it to death.
Old 2012-12-28, 15:16   Link #615
X207
Gamyūsa

im surprised to hear the manga is ending but theres only so much mystery one can take before people get tired of it ie publishers or even maybe authors. the hit series Lost did very well in the first 2-3 seasons but i literally got lost in the story after s3 and lost interest in it. this wasnt the case for the manga but i can see the publishers taking on that point of view. the ending sure does feel rushed which is the hardest to take. i dont like the loose ends left hanging. im fine with it as long as the series closes up on a good note and tying those ends.
Old 2012-12-30, 19:15   Link #616
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And then we find out that everyone we've seen are actually clones of the passengers of the crash on that island that killed everyone onboard, and that the series itself was a grand experiment in cloning that went out of control.
Old 2012-12-30, 19:25   Link #617
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

If the publishers did have a hand in making the abrupt ending, I am going to feel very piss off. I feel that publishers have too much power of a series, it should be the author who should have that power. If publishers don't like it, I feel that the author should switch publishers.
Old 2012-12-30, 23:43   Link #618
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
If the publishers did have a hand in making the abrupt ending, I am going to feel very piss off. I feel that publishers have too much power of a series, it should be the author who should have that power. If publishers don't like it, I feel that the author should switch publishers.
Welcome to Capitalism. If your manga can sell and even if the plot is subpar (Like One Piece and Naruto which are just churning right now), then you can still publish. In fact, some publishing houses actually try to prevent the author from shutting a good franchise down.

If the Publisher is shutting this down, there could only be a few reasons

1) Personality clash (See: Infinite Stratos), which one party or both can be at fault.

2) There is insufficient readership. As many of us pointed out, the author's psuedo extension tricks are down right blatant at times, see chapter 181 with the HUH!! ZOMG!! RANDOM GORE!! RANDOM BOOB!!! WHAT!! stay tuned for next chapter!, something like that will turn readers off after a while. No readers = No profits = no publish.

3) The author really ran into writer's block, bored, gave up, etc.

So in the end, it is always in the interest of the publisher to keep the story churning...unless the story itself is unprofitable/subpar.
Old 2012-12-31, 08:18   Link #619
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Because in Japan, mangakas are often considered as employees rather than artist, and it's not really up to them when to end their works. Publishers in general also wouldn't give much shit about that since they can easily search for another cows that produce money instead of milk
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:41   Link #620
TCman

Spoiler for just read chapter 182 and my thought about it is:
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, survival