AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 9 20.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 48.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-22, 04:02   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yumi couldn't have hidden it on her person. That sort of hiding place should be forbidden. Maybe it's taped under her seat?

Also, what's up with Noriko not participating? What did she have an argument with Shimako for, then?
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2009-03-22, 05:26   Link #22
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, what's up with Noriko not participating? What did she have an argument with Shimako for, then?
I hope it won't considerated as spoiler since it was cut...and not future event

Answer why Noriko doesn't participate
Spoiler for From novel:
ZaLhErA is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 08:03   Link #23
initialjt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
...You are aware the manga ended with Youko, Sei and Eriko's graduation (i.e, episode 5 Season 2), right? ( _ゝ`)
Sorry I meant the light novel volume 33 - Hello Goodbye.
initialjt is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 10:53   Link #24
Molenir
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I agree with just about everyone else, that the episode wasn't perfect. There were some issues, as others mentioned. This said, I loved the episode. While I didn't like the cliffhanger, it was expected.

What I liked about this episode...

Surprising chocolates, version 2
Watching Yumi as she realizes how others see her and Sachiko
Sachiko offering tea to everyone rather then looking for the card
Where Yoshino hid her card.
Noriko pushing Touko into thinking about Yumi
Shimako's response on seeing Noriko after she's talked to Touko.

And surprisingly, now that I think about it, I even liked the cliffhanger. Where did Yumi hide her card?

Can't wait for next week!
Molenir is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 13:04   Link #25
inisipis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mandaluyong, Philippines
Rather Good. Not as great as Episode 11, but good nonetheless. I haven't yet read the Novel so i don't have much prejudice on what was left out or what was changed. It's an Imperfect episode because it act as a bridge between the past episodes to the concluding episode.

The beginning of the episode is quite jarring with last weeks emotional episode then we have Touko again in her Tsudere mode. Touko really needs Noriko and Sachiko's help to get her moving to do what right. She's still stubborn to the core.

The ending, with that strange kinda cliff-hanger, reminds me to the last two episode of Season 1.

It's funny how Rei found Yoshino's card. I have no translations, but i guess when Rei praying she saw the Yellow card (I guess Yoshino put it in a high place so that Tall people will have an advantage in noticing it) and Chisato saw and wave to Rei without noticing the card there. Rei probably let Chisato have the Yellow card, then played a prank on Yoshino with a bogus Yellow card. Either that or Chisato is very lucky on getting Yellow roses' cards.

My guess on where Yumi hid her card..... probably inside her head, which is empty. (I love Yumi)
inisipis is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 13:20   Link #26
agila61
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yumi couldn't have hidden it on her person. That sort of hiding place should be forbidden. Maybe it's taped under her seat?

Also, what's up with Noriko not participating? What did she have an argument with Shimako for, then?
Spoiler for just a joke, but in the 1 in 100 chance its right ...:
agila61 is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 20:31   Link #27
mintyfresh
Altoid
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by initialjt View Post
Sorry I meant the light novel volume 33 - Hello Goodbye.
I had a feeling that was what you meant.

Granted, I still doubt that would be the grandest idea, especially when you consider this season is already literally inundated with story as it is.

Not to mention that from the start, this season has belonged to Yumi and Touko. The culmination of their story is good place to end. Even if this season had been stretched out to 24-26 episodes, I'd want the story to end here.
The novels' conclusion however, which rather quickly turns the attention back to Yumi and Sachiko's relationship, wouldn't fit in this one at all and would perhaps be better done in another season.

Personally, I'd hope they go down the OAV road. Marimite's conclusion needs to have that kind of high quality animation, I think. I don't mind the 2 month wait.
__________________
mintyfresh is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 21:09   Link #28
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, only 1 episode left =((
__________________
Droplet is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 21:35   Link #29
cynicalicious
I like pie.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Yoshino put her card on the exterior wall of the teachers' room/staff offices. The interior of the teachers' room is out of bounds for the treasure hunt, but the exterior of the building isn't. She was being very clever. She also put it in a place where it wouldn't be easily seen.

Rei never told Chisato where the card was. Chisato figured it out from Rei's expression. Rei wouldn't willingly give up the Yellow card to a rival.

Actually, the OP to the series is the animated version of the story about the three of them trying to figure out where to hide their cards, minus the magic and everyone chasing them.

Also, you'll notice earlier that Chisato was looking for Yoshino's card in a bunch of cookbooks... lol. Yeah... Yoshino *really* loves to cook... looks like someone read the Lillian Kawaraban last year when they mixed up the questionnaires...

Yoshino wasn't pleased that Chisato found her card. Too bad they cut out the catty exchange between the two of them, because it was pretty funny.

You'll also notice that all of the generic background girls were a bit shocked when Yoshino went into Angry Wife mode at Rei. lol. So much for appearances.

Kind of a bummer that they pretty much relegated the Yoshino/Chisato date to one sentence in the preview, though. Same for Shimako's weird date.

Here's hoping they find a way to do more shows in the future. There's still a lot of stuff they can do, one way or another.
cynicalicious is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 21:50   Link #30
Molenir
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
So, where is Yumi's card?

My first thought after watching this episode, was that maybe she has it on her. And is planning to give it to the first person who asks her for it. Then I thought, well, that sounds good, but would that be ok? And how would you figure who came closest if no one asked? Suddenly it doesn't sound like such a great idea. Can't think of anything else offhand though so...
Molenir is offline  
Old 2009-03-22, 22:37   Link #31
initialjt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
I had a feeling that was what you meant.

Granted, I still doubt that would be the grandest idea, especially when you consider this season is already literally inundated with story as it is.

Not to mention that from the start, this season has belonged to Yumi and Touko. The culmination of their story is good place to end. Even if this season had been stretched out to 24-26 episodes, I'd want the story to end here.
The novels' conclusion however, which rather quickly turns the attention back to Yumi and Sachiko's relationship, wouldn't fit in this one at all and would perhaps be better done in another season.

Personally, I'd hope they go down the OAV road. Marimite's conclusion needs to have that kind of high quality animation, I think. I don't mind the 2 month wait.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, ending it off here could very well mean an OVA and therefore a proper ending. The tradeoff is actually worth it. And since they're OVAs, they've got a whole hour to stretch out the novels and the love X). Thanks for the insight.
initialjt is offline  
Old 2009-03-23, 00:53   Link #32
cynicalicious
I like pie.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
So, where is Yumi's card?
If you really must know, I posted the answer in the spoiler section.
cynicalicious is offline  
Old 2009-03-23, 14:41   Link #33
inisipis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mandaluyong, Philippines
From the Preview, i could guess that Yumi and Touko went on a date to Touko's grandfather's hospital which is far away (close to Sachiko's late grandma's house).

The old happy hippie doctor is obviously is Touko's grandfather. Quite different from his more somber son.

I wish they show more of the dates of the two other Bouton/Rose in the next Season, since they'll probably just focus on Yumi/Touko for the Finale.
inisipis is offline  
Old 2009-03-23, 15:25   Link #34
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
well what can i say i liked the episode somethings were left out but it was still decent enough. I am too tired to do my usual write up so i will just point a couple of nice scenes.

One again Sachiko laying the smack down on Touko at least she did elegantly.

Sachiko waiting for Yumi to reveal where she hid her card. Only two people who are undeniably close could this ever happen.

Touko has another light bulb moment thanks to Noriko

Good episode and i love how the Yumi supporters gather around Sachiko. I see why the red rose family is the most popular at Lilian and seems to have been for a long while.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2009-03-23, 17:46   Link #35
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
I thought this was a very nice episode, especially the confrontation between Touko and Sachiko and also with Touko and Noriko. I wish I had a friend like Noriko too ^^;. It was great seeing Touko trying so hard to get to the card. And I thought the preview spoiled a bit too much than I would have preferred...

Its the last episode already... the sadness completely envelops my heart T.T
__________________
Nochgo is offline  
Old 2009-03-24, 08:31   Link #36
gokigenyou
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Finally, Touko is ready to drop her mask, ready to finally embrace the love she feels towards Yumi, and most of all... (as Sachiko pointed out) face her own weaknesse, faults and fears in the mirror that is Yumi.

I enjoyed this episode. Granted, it is very hard to beat episode 11.... Episode 11 was so well done and so well animated that it made episode 12 feel small in comparison.

But anyways, we are near the end. I hope the season 4 finale can match episode 11's caliber.


On a side-note, looking at the anime progression versus the corresponding novels, I see there being room for a final season of Marimite anime (maybe in the form of OAVs, similar to season 3) to guide us thru the last few novels, and cover the graduation of Sachiko and Rei.

Here's hoping!
gokigenyou is offline  
Old 2009-03-25, 09:30   Link #37
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokigenyou View Post
I see there being room for a final season of Marimite anime (maybe in the form of OAVs, similar to season 3) to guide us thru the last few novels, and cover the graduation of Sachiko and Rei.

Here's hoping!
Seconded, I was wondering for a while if this would be the final series, but leaving room for some more OVAs or a fifth series would be fantastic. There's always room for more Marimite!
Dop is offline  
Old 2009-03-25, 13:52   Link #38
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
So, where is Yumi's card?

My first thought after watching this episode, was that maybe she has it on her. And is planning to give it to the first person who asks her for it. Then I thought, well, that sounds good, but would that be ok? And how would you figure who came closest if no one asked? Suddenly it doesn't sound like such a great idea. Can't think of anything else offhand though so...
I haven't read the spoilers.

Spoiler for My guess where Yumi's card is.:
Newhope is offline  
Old 2009-03-25, 15:16   Link #39
cynicalicious
I like pie.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Ah, I wish there was a way I could make money off of all of the wrong guesses...

What's really fun is going back to watch season 1 and compare how Yumi rejected Sachiko with how Touko rejected Yumi. It seems similar at first, "How could someone pick lowly little me?" but in fact it was totally different. Looking back, Yumi already knew why two people should exchange a rosary, but Sachiko didn't.

Yumi was already Yumi back then, too. It's interesting to already see her starting to push Sachiko, which is part of what Sachiko was talking to Touko about in ep 12.

Fun stuff.
cynicalicious is offline  
Old 2009-03-25, 18:30   Link #40
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I haven't read the spoilers.

Spoiler for My guess where Yumi's card is.:
IF that was the case why did Touko run straight to the Rose mansion instead of the statue? I cant fathom her going there empty handed the longer she waits the higher the chance someone else will find Yumi's card Sachiko has obviously already figured out where it is yet she did not leave the Rose mansion.

I have watched the episode over and over looking for a clue it actually makes this more fun. I have not read any spoilers either but im willing to bet that the card is in the Rose Mansion more specifically in the room. Because that room is where Yumi gathers with all the people who are important in her life and many memories were made there and Yumi is so sentimental its something she would do.

Also i did not notice this during my first viewing i finally caught it the 3rd time for some reason Noriko was making all the tea and serving everyone, usually Yumi is all too anxious to help out. I cant think of a time when Yumi has not offered to help someone make tea or clean up but she sat in her chair the whole time its fishy to me. Its in the room i just cant figure out where Yumi's behavior is making it obvious
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.