AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-12, 18:12   Link #81
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I'd love it if they somehow brought Balthier and Fran in, they'll work so well off Sora's personality.

But forget the final fantasy characters, which PIXAR world do you want to see? It's just about the right time for them to make an appearance, what with this new generation of tech to do the Pixar CG justice.

Incredibles would be a perfect fit and Toy Story would be the safe bet, but personally, I'd be squealing like a little girl if they somehow manage to smash in WAll-E.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 18:28   Link #82
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
I'd be completely surprised and disappointed if Wreck-it-Ralph wasn't in.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:13   Link #83
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Famitsu stuff, credits to duckroll for the translation:

Quote:
- They're calling the shading technique in KH3 the "Kingdom Shader" and the shaders they use will change with each world to create more authentic visual experiences based on the Disney source material. (This was already mentioned in the S-E Radio interview on their Youtube channel earlier.)

- Famitsu asked if KH3 would be developed on Luminous Studio, like FFXV is. I don't think there has been any confirmation that FFXV is actually developed entirely on the Luminous Studio engine so far, but the fact that Nomura seems to answer the question normally suggests that it is, or that the answer applies to both FFXV and KH3. You decide!

- They're currently looking into using Luminous Studio as the main engine. By developing on an Overspec (PC environment I presume), it makes porting the same content to both PS4 and Xbox One easier. The battle footage in the trailer is a movie, because the tools they're using have difficulty outputting stuff on the actual systems right now, but he promises that runs in realtime in the dev environment and it should look the same eventually.

- The two biggest new things in KH3 which he talks about are "crazy scale action" and way better enemy AI. He confirms that there will be a 3 character party in the game, but NPCs and allies in each world will also join in battles, and there will be crazy epic aerial action blahblahbalh sound like KH. :P He also talks about enemy AI being more complex and being able to interact with the player, like Sora riding on a vehicle type enemy and so on.

- They are also considering online features for KH3, as well as other features which have not been in KH before. (Nomura is a very considerate person. He seems open to considering anything. :P)

- Nomura thinks that it would be great if they can time the release of more information on KH3 at the D23 Expo Japan in October along with TGS. KH3 is seen as a rival production for FFXV. Get hype, etc.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:15   Link #84
Reality_Breaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hey, I like Lightning. She's hot, classy, doesn't take BS from anyone, and is a complete badass. I would love her in KH3 as a party member even if only temp.
Sorry but I can't see what's so great about her, to me she's a generic female lead, she tries too hard to be like cloud, the whole doesn't take BS from anyone to me looked more like a ''I'm better than you because i'm always mad'' attitude, she may be hot but that's not enough to make me like her. Never touching a game in the XIII series for as long as I live the almost 10 hour tutorial was boring as hell in my opinion. I'd rather Noctis and the FF XV cast be in the game than the ones from the worst entry to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Famitsu stuff, credits to duckroll for the translation:
If there's going to be an online component I want them to base off of BBS multiplayer and let's us create our own character and design our own keyblades... maybe i'm asking for waaaayyy too much

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-13 at 21:53.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:27   Link #85
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I'd love it if they somehow brought Balthier and Fran in, they'll work so well off Sora's personality.

But forget the final fantasy characters, which PIXAR world do you want to see? It's just about the right time for them to make an appearance, what with this new generation of tech to do the Pixar CG justice.

Incredibles would be a perfect fit and Toy Story would be the safe bet, but personally, I'd be squealing like a little girl if they somehow manage to smash in WAll-E.
Toy story, Brave, and the Incredibles are all my top picks. I loved Wall-E, but i'm not too sure about how they would make it work

picking out new disney worlds is a bit tougher... Wreck it Ralph seems like a sure thing though. Tangled was popular enough, and though Princess and the frog wasn't all that popular they could thing of some interesting things to do with the heartless and the "friends from the other side". Though going older than that it gets tricky since the best movies have already been done. For instance, Atlantis, Treasure planet, and Robin hood might all make for great game worlds, but they weren't really the most popular films... Granted they could also put a new spin on old worlds. We could have Lilo and Stitch taking place in hawaii this time
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 21:54   Link #86
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
there will be crazy epic aerial action blahblahbalh sound like KH.
Sounds like better flowmotion system? Also better enemy AI? I just can't wait for more gameplay news now

Quote:
- The two biggest new things in KH3 which he talks about are "crazy scale action" and way better enemy AI. He confirms that there will be a 3 character party in the game, but NPCs and allies in each world will also join in battles,
I'm sensing large scale battle here like that vs 1000 heartless fight in KH2 but now there will be large scale allies joining the fight too.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 22:22   Link #87
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
By the way....Disney by now own a lot of sub right, Pixar, star wars, marvel? Any character and world that might end up there? Toy story? Cars? Star wars? Marvel heroes?
__________________
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 22:41   Link #88
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
By the way....Disney by now own a lot of sub right, Pixar, star wars, marvel? Any character and world that might end up there? Toy story? Cars? Star wars? Marvel heroes?
Oh god they could even add Deadpool
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:59   Link #89
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
What? When they did even see Ansem or Xehanort? They weren't with Sora and the others in front of Xehanort's portrait in Radiant Garden, and they weren't at HB in KH1 until after Ansem was gone.
Why do they have to be with Sora?

They live in Radiant Garden. They are citizens. Remember that Traverse Town was just a makeshift world where people from different worlds took refuge because their homeworld was either destroyed or being attacked by Heartless. The Final Fantasy characters were only in Traverse Town because they were driven out by the Heartless.

What I find strange is the fact that they were driven out by Xehanort, but they didn't even catch his voice or appearance being different from Ansem the Wise? I don't buy it. How did they figure Ansem was the culprit then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I disagree. Foreshadowing isn't a requirement. Frankly, I get annoyed at foreshadowing, cause usually it's too obvious and I can figure out the twist ahead of time. That is not good writing in my opinion.
You are talking about a different extreme.

If the foreshadowing is obvious, then it's not very good foreshadowing. That's a different issue. Hints by definition are supposed to be subtle.

My problem is that the series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
All I'm saying is, the parts you were talking about weren't what I'd call convoluted. Personally, the only things in the story that have actually been difficult to make sense of have been the time travel and what exactly Xehanort's plan was and when. And those were all questions introduced by 3D, which means before that game, I thought most of it fit together quite nicely, considering Nomura didn't have it all planned out from the start.
That's my problem with the story - why didn't Nomura have it all planned out from the start?

Unlike Zelda or Final Fantasy, this series is meant to be a single, albeit long, coherent story... yet certain details (or lack thereof) and changes make it obvious that Nomura didn't plan far enough ahead.

For example, the secret trailer of the vanilla KH2 had the armored trio picking up Sora, Riku, and Mickey's keyblades: the Kingdom Key, Reverse Kingdom Key, and Way to the Dawn.

In the secret trailer for KH2: Final Mix+ and Birth By Sleep, they get their own Keyblades and Sora, Riku, and Mickey's Keyblades are nowhere to be found. The lack of prior planning makes the certain reveals in every new installment seem like an asspull.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 00:35   Link #90
bogcsa1013
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
That would be nice.... if it wouldn't be fake:
http://fav.me/d4rzrhg
BTW I can't wait for the next KH...
bogcsa1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 00:54   Link #91
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foxglove
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogcsa1013 View Post
That would be nice.... if it wouldn't be fake:
http://fav.me/d4rzrhg
BTW I can't wait for the next KH...
I need to leave that little troll a special message
__________________
I'm praying for a miracle
But I won't hold my breath
I never said I was perfect
But can you take me home?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 07:27   Link #92
bogcsa1013
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phirk View Post
I need to leave that little troll a special message
I definitely agree with you
bogcsa1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 07:48   Link #93
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Sorry but I can't see what's so great about her, to me she's a generic female lead, she tries too hard to be like cloud, the whole doesn't take BS from anyone to me looked more like a ''I'm better than you because i'm always mad'' attitude, she may be hot but that's not enough to make me like her. Never touching a game in the XIII series for as long as I live the almost 10 hour tutorial was boring as hell in my opinion. I'd rather Noctis and the FF XV cast be in the game than the ones from the worst entry to date.
I don't see anything generic about Lightning at all. You wont find any other female lead that's even half alike as Lightning. She's her own character just like all other past Final Fantasy characters. Lightning also isn't always mad and when she IS mad she's very much justified in her anger. Such as Snow popping the question to Serah after her current situation in XIII-1.

You don't even know anything about Noctis. For all we know he could be a pretty bad character or someone completely different than what's in our heads.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:47   Link #94
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Why do they have to be with Sora?

They live in Radiant Garden. They are citizens. Remember that Traverse Town was just a makeshift world where people from different worlds took refuge because their homeworld was either destroyed or being attacked by Heartless. The Final Fantasy characters were only in Traverse Town because they were driven out by the Heartless.

What I find strange is the fact that they were driven out by Xehanort, but they didn't even catch his voice or appearance being different from Ansem the Wise? I don't buy it. How did they figure Ansem was the culprit then?
All this comes down to is, why are you assuming Leon and the others necessarily saw Xehanort after he started posing as Ansem? I don't remember them ever indicating that. And they weren't driven out by him personally. He didn't come knocking on their doors and tell them to leave. The world was destroyed by darkness, that's why they left, and probably in a hurry.

That's why I said "with Sora." Cause those times I mentioned would have been the only opportunities we know of for them to see Xehanort after he started posing as Ansem, albeit 10 years later, and to say, "What? That's not Ansem."



Quote:
That's my problem with the story - why didn't Nomura have it all planned out from the start?
Cause...he's not a wizard? The plan was never for this many games in the beginning, so how could he write the full story for games he would be writing ten years later?

Quote:
For example, the secret trailer of the vanilla KH2 had the armored trio picking up Sora, Riku, and Mickey's keyblades: the Kingdom Key, Reverse Kingdom Key, and Way to the Dawn.

In the secret trailer for KH2: Final Mix+ and Birth By Sleep, they get their own Keyblades and Sora, Riku, and Mickey's Keyblades are nowhere to be found. The lack of prior planning makes the certain reveals in every new installment seem like an asspull.
Oh, come on now. Everyone has early concept ideas and trailers that aren't necessarily in the final product. There's nothing wrong with that. And that particular scene didn't lead to any asspulls I'm aware of.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 12:35   Link #95
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Cause...he's not a wizard? The plan was never for this many games in the beginning, so how could he write the full story for games he would be writing ten years later?
He could have kept the stories more self contained. For instance, the nobodies could have just been off doing their own thing; They didn't have to be part of Xehanort's ultimate scheme. Heck the story of the first game aswell could have just been its own plot; one that might have been caused by events before. I mean the first two games worked just fine as self-contained stories... the first game was about some heartless named ansem that wanted to open up kingdom hearts using the princesses of heart... Kingdom hearts 2 was about the after effects of all the damage that ansem did. Things don't get messy until Birth by sleep and Dream Drop Distance since that's where Nomura tried to tie the plots of those games as to being part of a larger single scheme. Instead of there being a larger scheme, master xehanort could have simply failed in his plans during the events of Birth by Sleep; instead of trying to tie all the games into a single narrative, birth by sleep could have simply just been another story that would take place in the universe of kingdom hearts... Or alternatively, instead of master Xehanort, the game maybe could have focused more directly on what turned "Ansem" into heartless, instead of the events that led UP to the event; afterall seeing the origins of the nobodies was one of the big draws of birth by sleep. Instead of Xehanort being some dark jedi, he could have just been a mad scientist working under ansem the wise who was investigating kingdom hearts and searching for ways to open it.


Though one of the big problems that nomura created for himself was the fact that he wanted to tells us about events that came before the first 2 games, but where also directly tied to the first two games without having these events in mind... If he had worked foward and just kept making sequels instead of prequels he could have had an easier time making shit up as he went since he could more easily find ways for things to fit. However even if he thought Kingdom hearts was gonna be the only game it would have been wise for him to know the history behind the world he was creating. A great writer knows the major historical points of their own world even if they are not gonna get a chance to tell most of that history; after all a world's history has effects on the present. Had Nomrua taken the time to detail the history of kingdom hearts in his head, he would not have ran into these troubles when making a prequel


Really, there is a lot of different way these things could have been played out. Not to mention that by kingdom hearts 2 it was clear the franchise was becoming popular enough that you COULD make long range plans, instead of just making it up as you go. Really the story of kingdom hearts has become something of a convoluted mess; it has actually become difficult for even fans to wrap their minds around the story because of all the nonsensical twists and turns it makes
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 12:53   Link #96
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
If Lightning appears in the game at least she would be written by Nojima rather than Toriyama. I found her characterization in Dissidia 012 (by Watanabe though) more likable than her roles in FF13 where she often punched others and pretty much supported Hope's revenge.

Another character that could make it is Rinoa from FF8. She was already hinted in the credits of Kingdom Hearts II when Leon was checking a letter with her symbol.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 14:35   Link #97
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
I wonder if Sephiroth will be a secret boss again
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 14:38   Link #98
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I wonder if Sephiroth will be a secret boss again
That would really exploit his character considering he is not even real in Kingdom Hearts. I would expect Caius to take his place.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 20:00   Link #99
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
All this comes down to is, why are you assuming Leon and the others necessarily saw Xehanort after he started posing as Ansem? I don't remember them ever indicating that. And they weren't driven out by him personally. He didn't come knocking on their doors and tell them to leave. The world was destroyed by darkness, that's why they left, and probably in a hurry.

That's why I said "with Sora." Cause those times I mentioned would have been the only opportunities we know of for them to see Xehanort after he started posing as Ansem, albeit 10 years later, and to say, "What? That's not Ansem."
Then why assume Ansem is the culprit instead of some unknown invader? Everyone took it as fact until Mickey told them otherwise.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Cause...he's not a wizard? The plan was never for this many games in the beginning, so how could he write the full story for games he would be writing ten years later?
You don't have to be a wizard to have a conclusion in mind at the beginning for a series with multiple installments. .hack is one example.

If a writer has to make more games than intended to milk the success of the franchise, then make new installments that are only loosely connected so that complications don't arise. As it is now, we have... what, at least three games that are still trying to explain events that happened in KH2?

Past KH2, the story simply is not very presentable for a newcomer to follow. If someone were to ask who Roxas is, I would have to explain that he's a Nobody of this one guy, but actually has the heart of this other guy who had to fight his dark side. It would sound completely silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh, come on now. Everyone has early concept ideas and trailers that aren't necessarily in the final product. There's nothing wrong with that. And that particular scene didn't lead to any asspulls I'm aware of.
The trailer in the vanilla version didn't reveal much to begin with. I did have some expectation that the game would be set in the distant past or future from Sora's story however, but that's another story.

Birth By Sleep in general however introduced some strange plot elements, namely the Chi-blade being needed to access Kingdom Hearts despite the fact that Terranort the Heartless and Xemnas seemed to come very close without a single mention of such a special Keyblade. There's also Sora's newborn heart somehow being intelligent enough to patch up Ven's heart when it was torn apart.
That seemed like a lazy way to make precedence for Xehanort somehow being able to share his heart with twelve other people, including his past selves in 3D.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 00:37   Link #100
Nayim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogcsa1013 View Post
I definitely agree with you
Hey, don't blame me. I just find at gamefaqs and I just post it there just to make sure anyone can confirm it.

Even I didn't say anything about info nor confirmation in that post tho. Sorry.
__________________
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.