AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-23, 05:16   Link #1
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Cat Shit One

My entry and trailer

Soon to come this winter, cute animals with tacticool guns and proper tactics, Cat Shit One. The director describe it as "real and fierce combat by cute and fluffy animals". The studio is looking for investors and this trailer looks quite impressive to hook interest. Slated to be 12 episode series.

ANN

I enjoyed Apocalypse Meow manga and I do hope this will get animated. Looks like dream come true. Almost.

My kinda stuff....my avatar should be a give away for that.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:14   Link #2
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
I also came across a very small mention of CS1 in a big Japanese airsoft mag -- ARMS. Now that there's a possibility of getting it onscreen, this one could get real wicked.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:25   Link #3
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Rofl I don't know what to think of this. Just some really strange elements merged together lol I'll be watching this.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:44   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Looks cute and interesting . As I am already watching Usavich I am going to overdose with cuteness
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 14:34   Link #5
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Pixar with an edge, huh? This actually seems intriguing. And raw. Def raw. I like raw. With furries.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:22   Link #6
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
I must watch this! I don't usually car for war-related shows, but I have to watch this! Looks cool in too many ways!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:05   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Looks cute and interesting . As I am already watching Usavich I am going to overdose with cuteness
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed. The recoil of the hand-gun in Paki's hand... that was so freakin' realistic. The sound of the ammo isn't too far off either, but I'm sure fans who has more knowledge in weaponry will know more.

Anyway, I'll look forward to it just because the title has Shit in it. Btw Stormy, is that cat or a racoon that is about to fire his/her rpg?
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:18   Link #8
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
My god, another one to add to the To-Watch list. This looks pure awesome just because it's so bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed.
I have to agree, to an extent. usually there is something hidden in everything and this seems plausible. Then again, fiction is fiction, but I see your point.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 17:16   Link #9
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
oh man with a title like that how can you not want to watch this! certainly caught my attention

looks brilliant, as my friend pointed out it reminds him of the BontaKun raid from FMP: Fumoffu

will def be adding this to my "gotta watch list"
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 17:51   Link #10
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed. The recoil of the hand-gun in Paki's hand... that was so freakin' realistic. The sound of the ammo isn't too far off either, but I'm sure fans who has more knowledge in weaponry will know more.

Anyway, I'll look forward to it just because the title has Shit in it. Btw Stormy, is that cat or a racoon that is about to fire his/her rpg?
On another site, it was noted that the opponents in the trailer are...
Spoiler:


I agree. It is pretty serious stuff being masked by cute animals duking it out. Looking forward to it.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:04   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
On another site, it was noted that the opponents in the trailer are...
Spoiler:
Yeap... that's what I thought as well which lead to the conclusion that the conflict is taking shape in Afghanistan. I hope the producers don't see any roadblock and get enough funding to go forward with this show. The animation featured in the trailer is way over top-notch.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:18   Link #12
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I read the manga; was pretty interesting.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:29   Link #13
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Interesting name and trailer. It really feels like Metal Gear in a way.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:32   Link #14
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Interesting name and trailer. It really feels like Metal Gear in a way.
That's exactly what I thought. The moment they showed the soldiers in the back of the van, I thought it was going to be EXACTLY like MGS4 opening(which it actually was, minus the MGs).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 19:05   Link #15
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed. The recoil of the hand-gun in Paki's hand... that was so freakin' realistic. The sound of the ammo isn't too far off either, but I'm sure fans who has more knowledge in weaponry will know more.

Anyway, I'll look forward to it just because the title has Shit in it. Btw Stormy, is that cat or a racoon that is about to fire his/her rpg?
I agree with your words, it is a serious work masked with cute animals to create mental dissonance. Again though, it is work of fiction and a lot of effort has invested here so it comes out bizzare but yet strangely interesting.

It is a gopher in my avatar.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 11:07   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For some reason I couldn't find anything cute about the trailer. I kept thinking that if those furballs were drawn human instead, the brutality of the portrayal would have been complete. Are they fighting in Afghanistan? The terrain seems to indicate as such. I think this is intended to be a serious show that is masking it's seriousness by letting furballs duke it out with guns so people will be less disturbed. The recoil of the hand-gun in Paki's hand... that was so freakin' realistic. The sound of the ammo isn't too far off either, but I'm sure fans who has more knowledge in weaponry will know more.

Anyway, I'll look forward to it just because the title has Shit in it. Btw Stormy, is that cat or a racoon that is about to fire his/her rpg?
Yes, it's set in Afghanistan.
The original manga was taking place in Vietnam War, and the Vietnamese were portrayed as cats. Hence the title.
Arabians are portrayed as camels, so this really should be changed to Camel Shit One or something.

Ethnic portrayal by animals:
American > Rabbits
Vietnamese > Cats
French > Pigs
Chinese > Panda Bears
Japanese > Apes
Russian > Bears
Korean > Dogs
British > Rats
Australian > Kangaroos or Koala Bears
German > Foxes
Arabians > Camels or Sheeps
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 03:11   Link #17
ACGalaga
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nabari
Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga Send a message via Skype™ to ACGalaga
Man, I'm really racking up on the warnings! I can't do anything right on this forum...

Interesting looking anime, btw.
__________________
ACGalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 04:14   Link #18
denice25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
It sounds great man...
__________________
thanE
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 23:48   Link #19
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
This quickly won over my "This goes without saying but I want to watch it" list.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 00:19   Link #20
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Thing that came into mind is "These bunnies are after their targets for stealing their easter eggs."

__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, animals

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.