AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 01:24   Link #41
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....

Some Asians love to drink blood, examples are: Snake Blood, Chicken Blood, Duck Blood.

Nagato isn't coughing up his own blood. He must drink blood as apart of his daily diet. Now Naruto is making him over exert himself and hes throwing up all over the place.. sick. I think that can explain his unlimited supply of blood.
Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 01:56   Link #42
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Spoiler making this chapter pretty dull. Maybe time for Kishi to take a break on the crazy chapters as he has in the past 6-7 weeks?
Old 2009-03-25, 05:00   Link #43
Blaine

Got some pictures here.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-25, 05:05   Link #44
Nobodyman9
Banned

^Wow, Hinata's on the cover again. And Gaara on the spine is nice too.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 07:34   Link #45
Mists

Oh great, the whole theme of finding Sasuke is back as Pain mentioned...

I don't even think Pain has met Sasuke!

Sasuke is probably the one who will successfully bring the 9-tails in heh.

I'm expecting "unexpected end" of the next chapter is either Nagato dies or team Heibi shows up
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 09:38   Link #46
DarkHollowIchigo

I feel a NaruxHina thing coming up v ^o^
DarkHollowIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 09:58   Link #47
Animeblue

[QUOTE][I feel a NaruxHina thing coming up /QUOTE]

That image were you see Naruto was crying it's b/c He was glad that Hinata was alive
Animeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:08   Link #48
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
I feel a NaruxHina thing coming up v ^o^
Well...

Hinata: Naruto-kun...(feeling guilty and sad)...
Naruto: Hinata...*SMACK*...(backhand bitchslap in Sennin Mode!)
Naruto: because of you i nearly killed everyone going Kyuubi
Naruto: But.... thanks for helping me. You were the only one who really tried..
Hinata:
Hinata: Bedroom?
Naruto: No dummy.. we're ninja's...it'll be in the trees

Yep..romance is in the air...especially with such a pretty cover of a happy Hinata.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:23   Link #49
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I find it lame that Naruto is willing to forgive Pain after all this instead of going for the kill. He destroyed your village and killed your masters, in addition to trying to kill you. Show no mercy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well...

Hinata: Naruto-kun...(feeling guilty and sad)...
Naruto: Hinata...*SMACK*...(backhand bitchslap in Sennin Mode!)
Naruto: because of you i nearly killed everyone going Kyuubi
Naruto: But.... thanks for helping me. You were the only one who really tried..
Hinata:
Hinata: Bedroom?
Naruto: No dummy.. we're ninja's...it'll be in the trees

Yep..romance is in the air...especially with such a pretty cover of a happy Hinata.
Lol.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:26   Link #50
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

I'm hoping the next chapter will be epic, because, honestly, to this point, Pain has been somewhat underwhelming. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but Itachi seemed clearly superior to what we have seen from Pain so far. While his moves have been effective, they seem more gimmicky than anything, and the whole deal with the five second limitation is a little disappointing. Moreover, not in a thousand years could I ever imagine Itachi being fooled by Naruto as much as Pain has been in this fight. And nothing Pain has done has equaled Susanoo, although, if it were to happen, it would be in the next chapter.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:54   Link #51
james0246

^Pain is single-handedly the most powerful creature we have seen thus far. Nothing in Itachi's arsenal can match Pain's techniques. Tsukuyomi? Only catchs one body, the others come from behind and stab Itachi with their giant black rods. Amaterasu? Shinra Tensei that bitch back in Itachi's face. Susanoo? Chibaku Tensei the monster, killing Itachi in the process. Nothing Itachi had could compete with Pain. Itachi's abilities are truly great in one vs. few fights, whereas Pain can fight entire armies easily. There is just no point in comparing the two.

As for being a gimmicky...who isn't? Deidara had mouths on his hands. Kakuzu had 5 hearts. Sasori was a puppet. Orochimaru was a giant white snake. Et cetera. Even Itachi's MS powers do not make a great deal of sense. Being a gmmick does not matter, as so long as the presentation of said gimmick is well thought out.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 12:06   Link #52
Fran~
floating away...

well... despite all that, there is one knucklehead ninja who is capable to fight him... perhaps Itachi trusted Sasuke to Naruto because he saw something in him...

power =/= win
Old 2009-03-25, 12:30   Link #53
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
well... despite all that, there is one knucklehead ninja who is capable to fight him... perhaps Itachi trusted Sasuke to Naruto because he saw something in him...

power =/= win
I only compared techniques because Alleluia_Cone seemed interested in calling Pain's abilities/techniques 'gimmicky', and also because there is no real way to compare intelligence. Naruto is the only character that both villains have fought, but, since Itachi has genjutsu, the one power Naruto can easily be dominated in, and Pain had to deal with a Senjutsu weilding Naruto, there is nothing that can really be compared between the skirmish with Itachi and the fight with Pain. So, in the end, all that can be discussed with any amount of certainty are their various techniques and the use of said techniques in a hypothetical abttle with each other.
Old 2009-03-25, 13:11   Link #54
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Pain is single-handedly the most powerful creature we have seen thus far. Nothing in Itachi's arsenal can match Pain's techniques. Tsukuyomi? Only catchs one body, the others come from behind and stab Itachi with their giant black rods. Amaterasu? Shinra Tensei that bitch back in Itachi's face. Susanoo? Chibaku Tensei the monster, killing Itachi in the process. Nothing Itachi had could compete with Pain. Itachi's abilities are truly great in one vs. few fights, whereas Pain can fight entire armies easily. There is just no point in comparing the two.
Hey what do you know, I do agree with you occasionally James. I actually liked Itachi better than Pain as a character, and even fighting style, but I don't think you can compare the two in terms of power. You have to remember Cone that even this version of pain, that pretty much destroyed Konohan in one move, is just one of the several "puppets" being controlled by Nagato (the "real" Pain). They've managed to do more in terms of power than anyone yet seen (besides perhaps Madara summoning and controlling the kyuubi) and we still have yet to even see a single move from Nagato's real body. I figure he himself has more up his sleeves than controlling dead bodies and hacking up blood.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:14   Link #55
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
Quote:

As for being a gimmicky...who isn't? Deidara had mouths on his hands. Kakuzu had 5 hearts. Sasori was a puppet. Orochimaru was a giant white snake. Et cetera. Even Itachi's MS powers do not make a great deal of sense. Being a gmmick does not matter, as so long as the presentation of said gimmick is well thought out.
Ugh... What makes you think that Pain could survive Amaterasu? which btw has been called the strongest Ninjustu first of all what truly makes Pain dangerous is his 6 bodies protecting eachother and their attacking together if pain uses that gravity technique he would also hit his other bodies in addition even if it could repell amaterasu pain cannot use it for 5 seconds while Amaterasu can be used again probably instantly, so pains bodies would have to scatter in order to avoid being hit by the gravity attack making them sitting ducks for Amaterasu's incredible speed yada yada yada. As for Susano what makes you believe it can be overcome? and what makes you believe pain can avoid the sealing sword when pain's speed has not really been established however Itachi's speed is said to be very great, oh and let's not forget pain has fallen under a genjustu in his fight with Jiraiya your theory is that genjustu only affects the bodies but that has yet to be proved if Negato can see through a body he'll probably experience everything that body sees including genjustu. In conclusion if Itachi fought Naruto he would probably one shot him even at this point cause Naruto has a terrible weakness for Genjustu and the only reason I would believe Pain would have even a 50% chance of beating Itachi is because Itachi was dying/weaker before he died. 100% Itachi should easily dispose of pain. and I hate you which is why I made this a rant like what you usually do a long pointless rant I'm calm...
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:41   Link #56
james0246

I'm bored, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Gilby View Post
Ugh... What makes you think that Pain could survive Amaterasu? which btw has been called the strongest Ninjustu first of all what truly makes Pain dangerous is his 6 bodies protecting eachother and their attacking together if pain uses that gravity technique he would also hit his other bodies in addition even if it could repell amaterasu pain cannot use it for 5 seconds while Amaterasu can be used again probably instantly, so pains bodies would have to scatter in order to avoid being hit by the gravity attack making them sitting ducks for Amaterasu's incredible speed yada yada yada.
1.) You are correct. Pain's six bodies are what turn him from an S-rank opponent, to something even higher (does a SS-rank exist?).

2.) Pain has a body whose sole purpose is to absorb ninjutsu attacks. Whether this body could actually absorb Amaterasu or not, is unknown, but since it is unknown, we cannot say for certain that Pain couldn't simply absorb Amaterasu.

3). Shinrai Tensei can blow away a boss level summon with extreme ease. So, it could probably, easily, blow away Amaterasu and its caster (it does not matter if Amaterasu can be used for a long duration, if Pain can simply blow away the person using the attack).

4.) Not all of Pain's bodies have to be used for diversionary tactics. The Animal realm could summon a score of large beasts to block Itachi's line of sight, effectively rendering Amaterasu useless (against Pain, at least); added to that, Pain would willingly sacrifice several bodies to destroy an opponent (considering that seemingly all the bodies can be replaced/repaired).

Quote:
As for Susano what makes you believe it can be overcome? and what makes you believe pain can avoid the sealing sword when pain's speed has not really been established however Itachi's speed is said to be very great,
Susanoo takes time to fully form. So, in the mean time, Pain could start to form Chibaku Tensei, effectively sealing Susanoo away inside of a moon. Or, if Susanoo starts to break out, then it would simply be a waiting game to see whose chakra/life would fail first (considering that both techniques seem to take away portions of the users life as well as their chakra), with Pain attempting to draw Susanoo in, and Susanoo attempting to break out.

[QUOTE=Super_Gilby;2297013]oh and let's not forget pain has fallen under a genjustu in his fight with Jiraiya your theory is that genjustu only affects the bodies but that has yet to be proved if Negato can see through a body he'll probably experience everything that body sees including genjustu.

This is a good point, but, as you have said, it is unknown. I do argue that because Jiraiya's genjutsu did not seem to draw in Nagato (in the little imaginary world of the Toad Genjutsu), that Nagato was probably not fully affected, but you could be correct and Nagato could be affected by Tsukuyomi.

Quote:
and I hate you which is why I made this a rant like what you usually do a long pointless rant I'm calm...
I have to say, this is hilarious.
Old 2009-03-25, 13:48   Link #57
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Well, Its really a crap shoot, Pain weaknes seems to be against Genjutsu (of course really powerful ones) like when he fought Jiriaya. Im not sure How many Tsukuyomi Itachi could do in a row (assuming he is great shape) but using 2 Tsukiyomi to stop the 2 most dangerous Pain body (the one that can revive the others and Yahiko Pain) and after that a Susanoo to take care of the rest.

Of course, dont get me wrong, I do beleive that Pain have the upper hand with only taking in account that Negato isnt really there to begin with.
Old 2009-03-25, 13:55   Link #58
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
[QUOTE=james0246;2297057]I'm bored, so...

1.) You are correct. Pain's six bodies are what turn him from an S-rank opponent, to something even higher (does a SS-rank exist?).

2.) Pain has a body whose sole purpose is to absorb ninjutsu attacks. Whether this body could actually absorb Amaterasu or not, is unknown, but since it is unknown, we cannot say for certain that Pain couldn't simply absorb Amaterasu.

3). Shinrai Tensei can blow away a boss level summon with extreme ease. So, it could probably, easily, blow away Amaterasu and its caster (it does not matter if Amaterasu can be used for a long duration, if Pain can simply blow away the person using the attack).

4.) Not all of Pain's bodies have to be used for diversionary tactics. The Animal realm could summon a score of large beasts to block Itachi's line of sight, effectively rendering Amaterasu useless (against Pain, at least); added to that, Pain would willingly sacrifice several bodies to destroy an opponent (considering that seemingly all the bodies can be replaced/repaired).

Susanoo takes time to fully form. So, in the mean time, Pain could start to form Chibaku Tensei, effectively sealing Susanoo away inside of a moon. Or, if Susanoo starts to break out, then it would simply be a waiting game to see whose chakra/life would fail first (considering that both techniques seem to take away portions of the users life as well as their chakra), with Pain attempting to draw Susanoo in, and Susanoo attempting to break out.

Quote:
oh and let's not forget pain has fallen under a genjustu in his fight with Jiraiya your theory is that genjustu only affects the bodies but that has yet to be proved if Negato can see through a body he'll probably experience everything that body sees including genjustu.

This is a good point, but, as you have said, it is unknown. I do argue that because Jiraiya's genjutsu did not seem to draw in Nagato (in the little imaginary world of the Toad Genjutsu), that Nagato was probably not fully affected, but you could be correct and Nagato could be affected by Tsukuyomi.

I have to say, this is hilarious.
Amaterasu can also engulf/ burn anything to it wouldnt be a stretch to assume it can burn pain's gravity attack, or even go underground and attack from below it's hard to say what Amaterasu can or cannot do because Itachi wasnt using it to kill against sasuke for all we know Amaterasu can be both faster then what was shown and be used in a far greater amount. It is unlikely that Susano can be "sucked up" I think they explained that the attack part of the technique is a sealing sword and that the defense part of the technique is a mirror which repels all attacks this is really a pointless debate because unless my fanboy dreams come true and Itachi really is a bad guy and faked his death so that he can actually achieve ems (Because he couldnt before because sasuke didnt have his ms) and is now biding his time to sneak attack Madara and kill him and then proceed to become Sasuke's final opponent at the ending of the Manga then the chances of him actually fighting Pain are very slim : >
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:56   Link #59
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post

Well, Its really a crap shoot, Pain weaknes seems to be against Genjutsu (of course really powerful ones) like when he fought Jiriaya. Im not sure How many Tsukuyomi Itachi could do in a row (assuming he is great shape) but using 2 Tsukiyomi to stop the 2 most dangerous Pain body (the one that can revive the others and Yahiko Pain) and after that a Susanoo to take care of the rest.

Of course, dont get me wrong, I do beleive that Pain have the upper hand with only taking in account that Negato isnt really there to begin with.
I'm not sure...but since all Pain's body is connected to Nagato and they share the same vision...wouldn't Tsukiyomi damage every one of them...
________
Expert Insurance

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:42.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 14:01   Link #60
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
I'm not sure...but since all Pain's body is connected to Nagato and they share the same vision...wouldn't Tsukiyomi damage every one of them...
I don't think is like that, I'll say that those Bodies that are in a Genjutsu (or Killed) only stop feeding info to the others, after all Genjutsus affect the brain, not the vision.

BTW, Im positive that Yahiko Pain by himself is an S-rank (or Kage level).