AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 10:37   Link #21
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
One thing you have to give Ulq credit for is that he did actually try to kill Ichigo and pretty much did with a technique that should have killed him.
I don't see the difference between this fight and SS arc's fight... Aizen also almost killed Ichigo.

Quote:
A lot of times in shonen manga the antagonists don't go for the kill and instead either mock the hero or just beat them up real bad until the hero gets the expected power up.
Ulquiorra already made that mistake, remember the first brawl at HM... Ichigo was done for, but Grimmjow took Orihime with him and healed him.
Old 2009-03-25, 10:44   Link #22
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I don't see the difference between this fight and SS arc's fight... Aizen also almost killed Ichigo.

Ulquiorra already made that mistake, remember the first brawl at HM... Ichigo was done for, but Grimmjow took Orihime with him and healed him.
Aizen said "Oh I thought I cut him in half" and left him laying there still perfectly alive.

Ulquiorra didn't try to kill him and make sure he was dead back then. He probably felt after seeing his number (only 4) and left him there on the verge of death that even if Ichigo survived, then there is no way that he would try again.

Ulquiorra in this fight actually blew a basketball sized hole in Ichigo's chest that was perfectly see through and probably figured to himself "Okay that's that."
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 10:45   Link #23
kakakka

Quote:
One thing you have to give Ulq credit for is that he did actually try to kill Ichigo
At the wrong time? No way...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 10:57   Link #24
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The summary made me go WTF going by Evil3ye's spoiler Ulqi is done for . Thats anticlimactic heck I feel bad for Ulqi ...... If this hollow stage is this powerful assuming Ulqi is defeated . I can safely say it can even take out Halibel even Barrangan ?.
Old 2009-03-25, 10:59   Link #25
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The summary made me go WTF going by Evil3ye's spoiler Ulqi is done for . Thats anticlimactic heck I feel bad for Ulqi ...... If this hollow stage is this powerful assuming Ulqi is defeated I can safely say it can even take out Halibel even Barrangan ?.
agreed, but its gonna take several people to fight stark that's for sure, the primera is not gonna be such a pushover.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:10   Link #26
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Prepare for the tearjerking past of Ulqi the loner in next week's manga special...lol nah I'm just messin with ya, but I'd really like to know why he's following Aizen, how he came to be an arrancar etc., it would suck if he just died a henchman.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:11   Link #27
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The summary made me go WTF going by Evil3ye's spoiler Ulqi is done for . Thats anticlimactic heck I feel bad for Ulqi ...... If this hollow stage is this powerful assuming Ulqi is defeated . I can safely say it can even take out Halibel even Barrangan ?.
'Cept Ulq's probably not really done for... at least not dead.

No flashbacks? No banter? Even Dol Doni got a flashback. He's the arc's major villain and I agree it'd be pretty anticlimatic if he just laid down and died, so I don't think he's through yet, on the other hand I'm also getting bored with these one-sided battles. If Ulq's really beaten then at least we can move on from that, but maybe getting pwn'd so badly will just make him step it up and things'll settle into a more even battle.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:18   Link #28
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I think Ulqy still has something to contribute plotwise, so he'll not die yet. Was suprised that he had no chance. Get the feeling that if Ichigo goes ultra-beserk then this fight will get a bit more complicated, as Ishida and Orihime's lives will be in danger.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:25   Link #29
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
'Cept Ulq's probably not really done for... at least not dead.

No flashbacks? No banter? Even Dol Doni got a flashback. He's the arc's major villain and I agree it'd be pretty anticlimatic if he just laid down and died, so I don't think he's through yet, on the other hand I'm also getting bored with these one-sided battles. If Ulq's really beaten then at least we can move on from that, but maybe getting pwn'd so badly will just make him step it up and things'll settle into a more even battle.
The only probability of something interesting happen is if the fight somehow continues / resumes. BUT IMHO will be a bad case of Pinky Sydrome again .

All the flashbacks of Espada were about their angst. Which gave us a better understanding of inner working of there minds and why they turned out to be the way they were (Noi/GJ). The only thing I can think of regarding flashback, can be about is Ulqi's undying loyalty to Aizen as his personality was never explored/expressed.

Ulqi being the main villian of HM Arc this was the grand finale . The whole thing though left a bad after taste .
Old 2009-03-25, 11:36   Link #30
Calca
Expressionless

Wow even Freeza fought evenly with Goku for awhile after Goku went SSJ so unless this is the form Ichigo will use to fight Aizen, then this powerup is a bit overkill.

Yammy still hasn't released yet.

I can see Kubo easily getting rid of him by having him release against someone we know is incredibly powerful like Unohana and getting 1 shotted.

Also, KT wouldn't kill off a main villian without any closure or explaination. Grimmjow I don't think was killed but he was seriously hurt by Nnotorria and had a good past story. After all the buildup of Ulq, throwing him away in 2 or 3 chapters isn't KT's style.

Ulq will still have something to do plotwise and I have a feeling Grimmjow will too.

Also, in case Ulq actually is killed, Orihime will for whatever reason probably bring him back to life.

"He took care of me for so long..." Something like that.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:52   Link #31
Ryuk

I don't quite understand that last spoiler about Ichigo letting loose. Like releasing all reiatsu or something?
Old 2009-03-25, 12:15   Link #32
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Pic Translations

Quote:
Pic 1 : Orihime: It cannot be...is that really...Kurosaki Kun?
Quote:
Pic 2 : Ulquiorra " Lanza de Relampago" (lightning spear) .Don't get closer and stay right there .If I am going to do it...I don't want to use it near him.
Credits : GAT-X252
Old 2009-03-25, 12:38   Link #33
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7runks View Post
So true, I came to wonder what exactly Ulquiorra has been since his first appearance?, was he a bad guy? Did he kill someone? the only time I remember him killing someone was Ichigo because he was attacked by Ichigo first, other than that no reason to why hate him at all. Let's say his character is pretty original from a certain point of view.

lol I just remembered that he killed some guards which was while he tried taking Orihimei to the disillusion but he probably knew Orihimei would save them anyway.
So what if he killed Shinigami
Shinigami always kill hollow's when there only feeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
oh, today's a sad day for king lycan it seems
Yes very Sad....can't belive he got K.O.'ed oh well at least he is alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
I don't quite understand that last spoiler about Ichigo letting loose. Like releasing all reiatsu or something?
Yup.
Kill them all Ichigo show no mercy ... kill Inoue and we ALL will never criticize you again
Old 2009-03-25, 12:50   Link #34
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Let me see...
Zaraki beat Nnoitra without using bankai...
Captains are fighting Espada stronger Ulqiorra...
But Ichigo... has to go bankai...mask... and some viazard transformation to win...
Ichigo beat Zaraki (a draw actually)... but has to do all this shit to beat a number 4..
When all the other captains only wins with skill and bankai....
The fighting level inconsistencies are just a lil annoying to me...
Instead of character development with a little more realism...
All they seem to do is get last minute power-ups someway somehow...
that's just ridiculous...
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:17   Link #35
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Hey, stop worshipping the useless logic and just enjoy the moment ! That's how you enjoy the life!
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:21   Link #36
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Unless there is a HUGE (GINORMOUS, TITANIC, ETC!) power gap between Ulqi and Stark, I think this does not bode well for for the top 4 Espada! Ulqi has a release that the other top Espada might not even have and he is getting beaten like a rented mule! I just don't see there being that big of a gap between them - at least that is the impression I have been getting. That means Ichi's new form would probably decimate all the top Espada.

I was in the group pulling for Ulqi and above to be VL's but it is clear they are not (or at least Ulqi isn't). Oh well, disappointing but that is the way it goes.

On the other hand, if there is a HUGE power gap between Ulqi and Stark then this poses a problem as well. If Stark is so strong that no one can beat him, including Ichi in his new form... then how freaking strong are the VL's going to be when one shows up?? There won't be anyone who can freaking take one of those bad boys on!

And don't say the Vaizards cause I ain't buying it!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:30   Link #37
Vinak
Procrastinator

@KingOfWorlds
Kenpachi almost "died" and had to resort to kendo
Byakuya got himself ripped apart and had to rely on a new ability to win.
Soifon had to use her "best" ability against a Fracción.
Hitsugaya is using his Bankai but is going to get his ass handed to him anyways.

so whats the problem?
Old 2009-03-25, 13:32   Link #38
SeanQ

Spoiler seems a bit stupid...Bad guy giving the enemy directions as to where to stand so I can slap you real quick...and Ulq better not be dead...he loses an arm doesn't scream...gets cut and falls...? RETARDED!!!
________
TOYOTA VENZA SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:41.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:36   Link #39
Vinak
Procrastinator

getting your chest sliced open is very different from having an arm ripped off.

rib cage, diaphragm, lungs, heart, spine. just to name some of the main organs in the chest region.
Old 2009-03-25, 13:37   Link #40
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Will post a new summary from 69ruma need to see who all to credit . It confirms the previous summary and at the end Ichigo steps on Ulqi head and fires a cero . Volume 38 has Hisagi on cover

Fear For The Fight

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga