AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 12:44   Link #1
libba
nepenthes rajah

Question anime with a great plot twist at the end

Trying to think of a good example but kinda braindead at the moment.

But you know how some anime (especially if it runs about 24-26 eps) are just a let down by the end: plot threads hanging unresolved, mysteries and big questions either left unexplained or provided with answers that are too simple or illogical, or the whole thing just descends into some vague pseudocomplicated philosophy.

I want the opposite of that. I want a plotty anime where you sit through the last episodes with a "wow, that's a real cool twist" look on your face.

I love elements of supernatural and urban fantasy, feel a little colder towards SF, adore shounen, watch 'realistic' thrillers less often, but I'll take every suggestion.
Old 2009-03-25, 15:25   Link #2
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78972
Old 2009-03-25, 17:01   Link #3
Niji

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
Trying to think of a good example but kinda braindead at the moment.

But you know how some anime (especially if it runs about 24-26 eps) are just a let down by the end: plot threads hanging unresolved, mysteries and big questions either left unexplained or provided with answers that are too simple or illogical, or the whole thing just descends into some vague pseudocomplicated philosophy.

I want the opposite of that. I want a plotty anime where you sit through the last episodes with a "wow, that's a real cool twist" look on your face.

I love elements of supernatural and urban fantasy, feel a little colder towards SF, adore shounen, watch 'realistic' thrillers less often, but I'll take every suggestion.
Shounen Onmiyouji has a nice twist at the end. One of the best ends I have seen, too. Otherwise supernatural, some of my favorite chars in all anime world, awesome production values.
Old 2009-04-05, 08:50   Link #4
libba
nepenthes rajah

Thank you!
Old 2009-04-20, 08:02   Link #5
KimmyChan

Death Note has a load of good twists in it...A definate recommendation
Old 2009-04-20, 23:37   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Kaiji - You might cry yourself to sleep thinking about the final outcome...

Description:
It's about the underground world of hardcore gambling where you can pay off all your debts by winning a game or two, but these contestants have no idea what these games have in store for them (especially our lovable loser Kaiji)... I guarantee this show will f**k up your mind, your heart, and your soul...One of the most introspective and psychologically challenging animes ever for it's genre, just walk away once you win the game!!

Paranoia Agent - The plot twists don't just blow your mind, they destroy the foundation of what you are....You don't find out what this show is REALLY about until about the last 2 episodes, and your reaction will either be an ajar-jaw or kicking the $hit outta your monitor for making you sit through it all just for that...You decide, just don't ask me about the final scene shown in the final seconds of the final episode...I still have yet to figure that one out...Probably doesn't fit all your needs, but I had to mention it, because this show will kick ur a$$...

Gankutsuou - Major twists that kick a$$, well, unless you've read the Count of Monty Crisco which means you'll bash the hell outta it for not following the novel to a tee, but minus the knowledge of the novel (like I didn't have), it's excellent with an excellent final twist...Visually it's one of the most amazing and creative productions in recent memory...
Old 2009-04-21, 00:41   Link #7
james0246

To be somewhat facetious, Battle Athlete Victory has a great twist in its final episodes .
Closed Thread