AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-26, 22:15   Link #21
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Yes and that one actually enjoyed to an extent, but it still wasn't one of my favorites. I've never taken a great liking to the handheld Zeldas for some reason.
Is that so? Me, I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass. Maybe not as much as Link's Awakening or the Oracles games though.

I love the handhled games that are Link's Awakening, and the Oracles series. The Minish Cap is maybe the one that I enjoyed the least.

I can't really compare them with home consoles games, but if i have to, LA and the Oracles are imo as good as the Zelda on home consoles

I also liked TWW XD. What did you dislike in TWW? I bet it's to travel in boat? Me i definitely enjoyed TWW more than TP
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 10:34   Link #22
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona
I tend to think it takes place before the flood in TWW past.
I doubt it. There was only one year after the events of Ocarina of Time's future until the flood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443
I think there's a line of descent from the ALttP/LA Link to the LoZ/AoL Link
The games aren't related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon
Of genetic connections, the Link from aLttP/LA is descended from Link from OoT/MM.
The games aren't related.

These are the known timelines:

Legend of Zelda -> Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past -> Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time (adult) -> Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass
Ocarina of Time (child) -> Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess
Old 2009-03-27, 15:38   Link #23
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I doubt it. There was only one year after the events of Ocarina of Time's future until the flood.
I don't know where you got this from, but I'm pretty sure that's false...
Old 2009-03-27, 15:40   Link #24
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Is that so? Me, I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass. Maybe not as much as Link's Awakening or the Oracles games though.

I love the handhled games that are Link's Awakening, and the Oracles series. The Minish Cap is maybe the one that I enjoyed the least.

I can't really compare them with home consoles games, but if i have to, LA and the Oracles are imo as good as the Zelda on home consoles

I also liked TWW XD. What did you dislike in TWW? I bet it's to travel in boat? Me i definitely enjoyed TWW more than TP
I totally forgot about the Oracle games. I remember playing those a lot so I guess I'd put those under handheld Zelda I really loved.

As for WindWaker first off I didn't really care for the artistic style, but I can usually look past that in a game. Now I'm not saying its a terrible game, it just didn't captivate me as much as previous Zelda games. The boat aspects were fun but they did get repetitive after a while. AT one point I just found it tedious and boring sailing all over the place. Another thing is the game is a tad bit on the easy side.
Old 2009-03-27, 19:01   Link #25
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
If you don't mind, source please? I don't remember any official words about that ?_?

Quote:
I totally forgot about the Oracle games. I remember playing those a lot so I guess I'd put those under handheld Zelda I really loved.

As for WindWaker first off I didn't really care for the artistic style, but I can usually look past that in a game. Now I'm not saying its a terrible game, it just didn't captivate me as much as previous Zelda games. The boat aspects were fun but they did get repetitive after a while. AT one point I just found it tedious and boring sailing all over the place. Another thing is the game is a tad bit on the easy side.
The Oracles games were great. I think you liked them because it was challenging, no? They were not that easy.

Me I LOVED the artstyle. I hope so much for a zelda wii with the same artsyle. I really loved the story in TWW. And also the characters. Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule is the coolest king ever XD Tetra is great too.

The only bad thing IMO, was the last part when you have to search for the Triforce parts. I would have prefered a "darkworld" in Hyrule like in ALTTP or like the second part of OOT.
Old 2009-03-27, 22:18   Link #26
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Yes indeed Oracles was much more challenging and it had a certain charm to it I just liked. Again I'm not saying WindWaker is a bad game it just didn't partake to my Zelda fan tastes. In fact I've always liked Majoras Mask the most out of the Zelda games(before playing TP) because it was challenging and just so dark/different than the other Zelda games story and style wise. It broke from the norm.
Old 2009-03-28, 11:53   Link #27
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Ganondorf was only sealed away for one year or six months. But all I can find now is that it took generations.
Old 2009-03-28, 13:33   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
god damn it, another toon link game.... thats what I got to say.... I want a new ADULT or kid to adult game.... Like a Remake of Hero of Time or Majoras mask.
Old 2009-03-28, 17:19   Link #29
TensaZangetsu72

Spirit Tracks? trains? Chibi link? Nintendo DS? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! The Zelda series is being butchered. I'll try this new game out, but this trailer didn't really leave me hoping. So help me God if they use Ganondorf as the villain again, as they did in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. When Zelda Ocarina of Time came out, it became an instant classic, celebrated for it's brilliance up to this very day. Then in 2000, Zelda: Majora's Mask came out, a magnificent spin off of Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker has good game play, but I didn't like the constant sailing around, use of Ganondorf as the villain again, nor did I like the Chibi-esque style of the game. Twilight Princess, as well as Phantom Hourglass had a good concept, and a few good glitches, but it still seemed lacking. What I hope for is a 3rd game for the N64, another brilliant masterpiece of a game. Think of the possibilities! But alas, it can never happen....or can it?
TensaZangetsu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 18:20   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
ganon is gonna be a pig version of that little red train baby show XD
Old 2009-03-29, 12:07   Link #31
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I see people who still haven't gotten over their "lolz kiddy" phase yet in this thread.

Ocarina of Time wasn't that great. Sure, its gameplay design was very good, but other than that the game felt empty to me.
Old 2009-03-29, 12:47   Link #32
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I see people who still haven't gotten over their "lolz kiddy" phase yet in this thread.

Ocarina of Time wasn't that great. Sure, its gameplay design was very good, but other than that the game felt empty to me.
I always hear people praise Orcarina of Time as the best thing since sliced bread and whenever I say I prefer Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess over it they freak out and act like I'm crazy for saying such a thing.
Old 2009-03-29, 13:41   Link #33
TensaZangetsu72

Honey, you obviously don't know about the glitches in the game, those are what make it ten times more fun than it really is. Cha~
Old 2009-03-29, 13:44   Link #34
TensaZangetsu72

Also, majoras mask does make ocarina of time look like Pong. I geeked out so much when I figured out you can transform into different things. It's just a better game over-all, not too easy. 10 out of 10
Old 2009-03-29, 17:45   Link #35
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Finally another Zelda game, next up Wii then hopefully the Wii will add a proper internet thing like the 360 or PS3, make better games and make it a real next gen console then we will get a greater Zelda game than Twilight Princess and one that can finally beat Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask in ratings.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 01:13   Link #36
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I always hear people praise Orcarina of Time as the best thing since sliced bread and whenever I say I prefer Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess over it they freak out and act like I'm crazy for saying such a thing.
HOLY WHAT MAN. YOU CRAZY.

Seriously though, it's probably the nostalgia factor.

I loved OoT, and consider it one of the best Zelda games, but I'm a TWW fan myself. One of the only ones on the internet, it appears.
Old 2009-03-30, 09:01   Link #37
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
god damn it, another toon link game.... thats what I got to say.... I want a new ADULT or kid to adult game.... Like a Remake of Hero of Time or Majoras mask.
TP has no toon Link, and from what i've read, many people preferred TWW in the end. So....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensaZangetsu72 View Post
Spirit Tracks? trains? Chibi link? Nintendo DS? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! The Zelda series is being butchered. I'll try this new game out, but this trailer didn't really leave me hoping. So help me God if they use Ganondorf as the villain again, as they did in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. When Zelda Ocarina of Time came out, it became an instant classic, celebrated for it's brilliance up to this very day. Then in 2000, Zelda: Majora's Mask came out, a magnificent spin off of Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker has good game play, but I didn't like the constant sailing around, use of Ganondorf as the villain again, nor did I like the Chibi-esque style of the game. Twilight Princess, as well as Phantom Hourglass had a good concept, and a few good glitches, but it still seemed lacking. What I hope for is a 3rd game for the N64, another brilliant masterpiece of a game. Think of the possibilities! But alas, it can never happen....or can it?
Butchered? Overreacting FTL.

MM was a very good game, but TWW, is imo as good. What some people see as added difficulty, like the limited time, can be seen as just annoying by some other people. (Myself, I disliked to have to go back in time while i was about to finish a temple) So each person his own opinion <.< And some people do like Ganondorf as main enemy, ya know. I personally hope we will see him again, maybe not in ST, but in the next zelda on wii

For some people, I tend to think that Nostalgia plays an important factor.
Old 2009-03-30, 11:19   Link #38
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I love the general internet critics reactions to Zelda.

Majora's Mask- Not Ocarina of Time! WORST GAME EVER!
Windwaker- OMG! Not Ocarina of Time! Kiddy crap! BUTCHERED SERIES!
Twilight Princess- Too Ocarina of Time, no change! WORST GAME EVER! (redux)
Phantom Hourglass- OMG! Kiddy crap! Butchered! (again?)
Spirit Tracks- Too kiddyz! Butchered! AHH WHY IS THERE TRAINS!

In truth the fact they're doing something abit more steampunky this time quite literally brings the setting out of the dark ages. Its nice to get some variance every now and again, plus Toon Link is too quirky not to like. Ah well theres the fanbase, they want something and you give them it and they're still not happy. I have high hopes for this game anyway, portable editions of the Zelda games have always tried the hardest to be different but without attracting outcry like Windwaker did. Still wish though we'd get another Capcom Zelda.
Old 2009-03-30, 17:47   Link #39
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama
then hopefully the Wii will add a proper internet thing like the 360 or PS3, make better games and make it a real next gen console
Get over yourself. The Wii is a fine current generation (next gen has become current for years now!) game console with a decent library of games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Twilight Princess- Too Ocarina of Time, no change! WORST GAME EVER! (redux)
People that have this opinion don't put Ocarina of Time on that high of a pedestal, though. Now, I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, but I do have the impression that it tries to be too traditional and like Ocarina of Time to appeal to the American audience. I did not make the latter up; Nintendo admitted that they were catering to the Americans because sales in Japan were falling.

Most importantly, they didn't fix the annoyances that the series has, like the endless pop-ups explaining how to do something for the nth time, too many Rupees, heart pieces, etc.
Old 2009-03-30, 19:58   Link #40
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
People that have this opinion don't put Ocarina of Time on that high of a pedestal, though. Now, I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, but I do have the impression that it tries to be too traditional and like Ocarina of Time to appeal to the American audience. I did not make the latter up; Nintendo admitted that they were catering to the Americans because sales in Japan were falling.
More importantly, Miyamoto and Aonuma admitted that something was not right about Twilight Princess. Read it as "it was not as good as we imagined it".

As I personally see it, TP after the first three dungeons is just a suite of dungeons. The reason is (taken from an interview) that they designed the dungeons, and then they (merely) tried to interconnect them via a story. Maybe it's what everyone does when developing a game, but in TP it is really apparent and unpleasant.