AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-30, 21:45   Link #41
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

What I'd like to see out of Zelda, personally, is either an actual Ocarina of Time remake, or something entirely new.

A darker Zelda set in a "modern-day" Hyrule? Sign me up, please.
Old 2009-03-31, 07:14   Link #42
l33t_n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Ocarina of Time (adult) -> Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass
Ocarina of Time (child) -> Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess
It's:

Ocarina of Time (child) -> Majora's Mask -> Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass

In the intro of the wind waker they tell you the story of OOT. And that after Ganon was defeated he came back again but the hero did not return (this was when Link was in Termina)
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 10:32   Link #43
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33t_n00b View Post
It's:

Ocarina of Time (child) -> Majora's Mask -> Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass
Wrong. The intro of Wind Waker tells us that Ganondorf took over, and that the hero defeated and sealed him away. This is exactly what happens after Link first gets trapped by trying to pull out the Master Sword. At the end of Ocarina of Time, Link returns back to the time where he was a child, and this future does not happen again.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:01   Link #44
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Actually for the most part l33t_noob actually seems to be correct. The intro does say the Hero of Time simply dissappeared when Ganon returned to Hyrule after being defeated once which led onto Windwaker. My opinion is they just simply diverge onto two continuities or are taking creative liberties.

I wouldn't take it to heart, the only real solid connections seem to be OoT -> MM and Windwaker -> Phantom Hourglass.

See in Twilight Princess they did hint at the Stalfos you keep fighting for the secret techniques being the original Hero of Time Link. Which screws up alot of stuff.

As for Twilight Princess it had a few major issues, too many damn rupees seriously every single secret you found was MOAR RUPEES. Too easy overall in the fights bosses usually die in like 3 hits and a REALLY big but absolutely devoid of life Hyrule Field.

This is a absolute crying shame because the weapons, cinematics and boss designs/battles were absolutely brilliant in TP. I cannot stress the epicness of the Argorok, Stallord, Ganondorf fights and Armorgohma was just fun.
Old 2009-03-31, 17:28   Link #45
Azley
hate yourself with style~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Azley
train? o Didn't see that one comming (well should have - first a boat now a train). Where's good old Epona?
Nah - this aside the games still looks kinda fun and interesting.
Old 2009-04-01, 09:21   Link #46
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Actually for the most part l33t_noob actually seems to be correct. The intro does say the Hero of Time simply dissappeared when Ganon returned to Hyrule after being defeated once which led onto Windwaker. My opinion is they just simply diverge onto two continuities or are taking creative liberties.
His argument is incorrect. Of course what he regurgitated from the intro is correct.

The timeline does diverge. Interviews with Miyamoto and Aonuma confirm the following timeline, which I drew a couple years ago to illustrate:

Old 2009-04-01, 17:56   Link #47
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
His argument is incorrect. Of course what he regurgitated from the intro is correct.

The timeline does diverge. Interviews with Miyamoto and Aonuma confirm the following timeline, which I drew a couple years ago to illustrate:
Exactly. But don't forget to point out that Link from OoT continued his life only in the child timeline. He vanished from the adult timeline when the adult Zelda sent him in the past and sealed the doors of time at the end of OoT.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 03:50   Link #48
BanishingBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What I'd like to see out of Zelda, personally, is either an actual Ocarina of Time remake, or something entirely new.

A darker Zelda set in a "modern-day" Hyrule? Sign me up, please.
Doesn't seem to be likely, in my opinion. I can't seem to picture it, and maybe neither do the procedures as well.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 07:15   Link #49
trakker
Comical Scamp

I dont think the peeps at nintendo officially stated where TP sat, but it was more rumoured to be between OOT and WW. But ultimatly it could be on any side, TP dosent really have any ties to either timeline. i have always thought the least messy timeline explanation is this one lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSlN...0A193E&index=5
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 06:49   Link #50
GaaraEatsTacos

Send a message via AIM to GaaraEatsTacos
I can't afford a DS, so I can't play the game T-T
Old 2009-05-01, 14:44   Link #51
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
Quote:

I don't even worry about timelines with Zelda anymore. xD; They don't connect story-wise so much so it's not really worth it to worry about chronological order. Though, Ocarina of Time --> Majora's Mask is pretty obvious.
Old 2009-12-01, 14:54   Link #52
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Only a few days remeaning before seeing Zelda: Spirit Tracks hit the shelves

Newest trailer

I really love the artstyle used since The Wind Waker on these games. Zelda is super cute

Three Commercials you must see

As a reminder, Spirit Tracks is a direct sequel to Phantom Hourglass (100 years later). To celebrate it, here the Credits Theme of Phantom Hourglass

I can't wait

Last edited by Narona; 2009-12-01 at 15:14.
Old 2009-12-01, 14:59   Link #53
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

MUST FIND MY DS OR FIX MY BROKEN 3 DSs

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:02   Link #54
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
MUST FIND MY DS OR FIX MY BROKEN 3 DSs
I love your enthusiasm
Old 2009-12-01, 16:09   Link #55
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I love your enthusiasm
Zelda and Square Enix games are the only reasons I like (I use that term loosely with Nintendo) my DS

Old 2009-12-02, 11:09   Link #56
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

In the meantime I'm still busy with Etrian Odyssey, and after that I have a huge backlog.

I would like Zelda (the character) more if she didn't use eye shadow. Make-up disgusts me.

So, does this game have a Four Swords-like multi-player component, or something?
Old 2009-12-02, 15:03   Link #57
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Zelda and Square Enix games are the only reasons I like (I use that term loosely with Nintendo) my DS
You don't seem to like Nintendo a lot But i forgive you since you like the Zelda games

Quote:
So, does this game have a Four Swords-like multi-player component, or something?
Depends on what you mean. If you mean a multiplayer aspect like in the main adventure in Four Swords Adventures then no. But it does have a normal multiplayer battle mode !

Oh, and an orchestral remix of the new overworld theme from the very first trailer of Spirit Tracks

Old 2009-12-02, 18:09   Link #58
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
You don't seem to like Nintendo a lot But i forgive you since you like the Zelda games
Well Nintendo has disappointed me I think this comic strip represents it best:

Spoiler for space:

Nintendo has brought in a lot of fans and money but lost the fans who were fans of the old nintendo games by creating so many party games that most people will only play for 1 week drop and find something more interesting, the Wii and DS is like that dumb hot blonde and after you have had your fun you realize they are fun but not someone you will be keeping around for a long time.

Old 2009-12-03, 08:36   Link #59
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Oh, great, another "Nintendo-abandoned-the-hardcore-gamers" argument. Get over yourself. They still release games you would like. Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is proof of that.

At any rate, there are many other games on the DS worth buying. There's more than Legend of Zelda and Square-Enix.
Old 2009-12-03, 15:49   Link #60
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Depends on what you mean. If you mean a multiplayer aspect like in the main adventure in Four Swords Adventures then no. But it does have a normal multiplayer battle mode !

Oh, and an orchestral remix of the new overworld theme from the very first trailer of Spirit Tracks

Already sounds better than any piece of music used in Phantom Hourglass. Then again there was little about that games presentation and my experience of it that didn't end up disappointing me so it's not hard to improve on. Actually I'd have to say that Phantom Hourglass is probably the most disappointing game I've ever played in all my 25 years and as a result I still haven't finished it despite my best efforts to apply myself to it. It's just that hard for me to get into. Yes a Zelda title that is hard to immerse yourself in.....

It says a lot when I can truthfully say that there isn't a single thing that game did that wasn't done better by another Zelda game. Hopefully they decide to put a lot more effort into Spirit Tracks and maybe it can make up for that because otherwise my impression of Zelda is going to have a long road to recovery.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote