AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 06:15   Link #1
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Hero's Ultraman (Shimizu Eiichi, Shimoguchi Tomohiro)

well i can't find the thread for this manga, a spin-off to Tsuburaya's popular tokusatsu Ultraman series, with the art done by the same guy who did the Kurogane no Linebarrels manga!!

it stars the first Ultraman's human host Shin Hayata's (1960's one) or Ultraman Shin Hayata's (if you're still confused) human son named Shinjiro Hayata or his alter ego the mini Ultraman or Ultraman Shinjiro whatever you wanna call him's adventures & tries to find his true meaning in his life & what he is & his of responsibilty becoming a superhero like his father
GYROZETTER

Last edited by DRAGUN H.E.X.; 2013-04-30 at 08:28.
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 06:49   Link #2
Iggy_Pop

It's Shin Hayata not Hayato actually, the son is Shinjiro Hayata. So far there's 17 chapter, chapter 17 will be released tomorrow in the newest issue of Hero's.
It's an awesome manga, IMO. I'm a very big of Ultraman since I was a kid, so it's kinda nostalgic. It helps that the authors are big fans of tokusatsu and the artist often draw tokusatsu character in his own style in his official website so they actually know what they're doing. it's too bad, their doujin of Kamen Rider, Hybrid Insector was ordered by Toei to be taken off their site, it was pretty awesome.
So far, there are homages toward Ultra Seven and Kaettekita Ultraman AKA Ultraman jack
First is of course, Moroboshi the guy with the glasses, said glasses which look a lot like Moroboshi Dan's Ultra Eye in the Ultra Seven series.
The reference to Ultraman Jack is in chapter 16
Spoiler for Jack:
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 08:33   Link #3
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
^ sorry for the wrong names of the Ultramen, to be honest i never seen 1960-80's era Ultraman shows (i also blame bad subs & translations) i only saw those guys in several crossover movies so i am not that much of an old-school ultra-geek, my first Ultraman show i watched as a kid is Neos

any more old school Ultra refrence that am i missing here? put in spoilers please
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 08:56   Link #4
Iggy_Pop

Yeah, I understand how you feel about the bad sub and dub. I only got through because the original Ultraman series was broadcasted in my country in my native language. The last DVD release of the original series was kinda good though in term of sub, picture quality, it's still average. Thankfully my meager understanding of Japanese and reading some synopsis helps even if not by much.

Spoiler for reference:

You know, it would be funny if they start referencing Heisei series'. Maybe Moroboshi has a son who is a homage to Ultraman Zero. If he does, it would be hilarious. One thing I hope is if the authors make a homage character to Ultraman Leo, the character will be a bit darker than the other characters considering Leo's darker and edgier tone. Seriously, getting your planet destroyed and your people killed, then your second home getting attacked by monsters and aliens repeatedly, poor Leo.

BTW, here's some very awesome fanart from pixiv
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=34949944

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2013-05-01 at 09:10.
Old 2013-05-02, 00:05   Link #5
backbone
Banned

Eh~ The Ultraman portrayed here seems completely different than the one i used to watch during my childhood. It's more mature and more about serious business here, which took me off guard the first time reading it
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 00:18   Link #6
Iggy_Pop

It's serialized in a seinen magazine, so it's bound to be darker than the original one. This one is kinda like Gaia, Nexus or UltraSeven X