AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 06:13   Link #461
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She already has a girlfriend, how can she have a boyfriend?
Come to think of it...Mio reacted like this...

Also who wants me to turn this into macro?
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 06:31   Link #462
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
I am personally nominating the 11th Airbourne Corps, Southern Fleet, 54th Ground Army of the People's Liberation Army, US 101st Airbourne and 2nd Bomb Wing (and maybe the 1st Marine: King Company for good measure), Russia's Pacific Fleet and 165th Naval Infantry Brigade, FROKA, the Republic of China's 542nd and 584th Armoured Brigade as well as 401st Tactical Fighter Wing to form a combined task force to deal with this shitstorm. We will call it the Coalition of the STFU.

According to translations I've found of 2chan discussion the shitstorm has already started.

Over one freaking page

Here are two gems from two dipshits on shitkaku.
"That's exactly why it's depressing to see second-hand characters in 2D -- it just serves as a painful reminder of how rare purity is in the 3D world.

I mean, really. 2D is the world we visit in order to escape from the horrors and agonies of everyday life. It *should* be pure and fantastical."- Anonymous. (You that pissed about your 'horrible and agonising life?' STFU and get a boy/girlfriend if you're that concerned)

"Agreed. Though I don't think these strips indicate anything other than a misunderstanding.

Although if Yui and Ritsu are infact not virgins my interest in this series is destroyed as I imagine it is for 90% of the other fans as well."- Syvere (Are you trying to put me in your same shit tier level? Fuck you, I don't want you reading K-On. You're making us look bad)

Well, that's my rage for today.

Edit: And I hate the anti-Chinese articles.

Actually I wouldn't really mind since the solution is always so simple.

Menage a trois.

But if there were boys how much RitsuBF/Ritsu would there be compared to Unlimited Mitsu Works? (From last count 1/10 pics on Pixiv are Mitsu).

Still, I like the Yuri fans. Compared to the otakus they are completely mundane and normal (even if we're seeing subtext where there shouldn't be) from what I've seen at Mangafox, Livejournal and FFnet.
Clearly, you are taking this very seriously. If these two people want to rip up their manga and break their Blu-Ray discs then good for them, we might actually get to see some photos.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 06:34   Link #463
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Clearly, you are taking this very seriously. The 2D is entertainment for me is not some sort of world I escape to if I get emo.
Just copy/pasting what I find on the internet.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 06:47   Link #464
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
I don't know yet, I haven't seen the full chapter. But if I had to guess, I don't think Ritsu will be clearly confronted with the "having a bf" idea. And if she would be confronted with it, she'd probably deny it or laugh it away in Ritsu style.
See, now this could be quite funny: Mio suspects Ritsu of having a boyfriend based on various things. She confronts Ritsu about it and learns of rational non-boyfriend-related explanations for them. Ritsu laughs it off... and then it turns out (to the reader, but not Mio) that she really does have a secret boyfriend after all.

But on the other hand, I'd probably like it better if a character and relationship like that would be built up instead of just appearing out of nowhere...
Old 2010-04-09, 07:43   Link #465
Quen

Hello!

I'm Quen, one of the few writers for Sankaku Complex (my own articles can be viewed through this link.)

I did not make the Sankaku article referred to several times so far in this thread (nor was I involved in any other way with it), but I did want to point out, for what it's worth, I did agree with the it-was-a-misunderstanding interpretation as given by Serffix since the 2ch discussions first started.

It was fairly obviously simply a fun little plot device, I thought.

Edit: It's been ages since my last AnimeSuki post, and I'd forgotten what a lovely avatar I have on this site!

Last edited by Quen; 2010-04-09 at 08:10.
Quen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 11:04   Link #466
Serffix

Send a message via Skype™ to Serffix
Have seen the full chapter now. Instead of this bf business, the yuri sure is strong in this one. President of the Mio fanclub makes her reappearance and pictures are exchanged.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:06   Link #467
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Have seen the full chapter now. Instead of this bf business, the yuri sure is strong in this one. President of the Mio fanclub makes her reappearance and pictures are exchanged.
You're right, this chapter has yuri written all over it. Although I do find it disappointing that Ritsu doesn't have a bf since I was hoping it would give the series a bit more......spice.....
Old 2010-04-10, 04:39   Link #468
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You're right, this chapter has yuri written all over it. Although I do find it disappointing that Ritsu doesn't have a bf since I was hoping it would give the series a bit more......spice.....
If you look from the perspective of the R&J, she had one. Temporarily.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 03:58   Link #469
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Chapter translation is out now and I only have one thing to say:

Spoiler for what really went on:

I liked how Mio was pretty much the only one actually worried about Ritsu getting a boyfriend. Or rather, she was insanely jealous. I think Azusa got a whole new image of Mio there.

People took this chapter way too seriously.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 04:56   Link #470
Pachael
原作通り

Sounds like it's fun making fun of Mio as usual ;p
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 04:56   Link #471
Sparvid
*hic*

Here's hoping that Sogabe becomes a regular character whenever they get around to go to the University.
Old 2010-04-11, 06:47   Link #472
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Chapter translation is out now and I only have one thing to say:

Spoiler for what really went on:

I liked how Mio was pretty much the only one actually worried about Ritsu getting a boyfriend. Or rather, she was insanely jealous. I think Azusa got a whole new image of Mio there.

People took this chapter way too seriously.
Who's Sugasabe?

Anyway, is it that Mio's shimapan pic from their year 2 concert?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 07:39   Link #473
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I lol'd at Yui.

Yui: Embarrassed Ricchan looks pretty lame... =3=

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 07:41   Link #474
Serffix

Send a message via Skype™ to Serffix
Quote:
It's a picture of Mio stuffing herself with cake.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 07:41   Link #475
AC730

Quote:
Who's Sugasabe?

First of all... LOL @ "Ritsu is my wai-fu!"

Sugasabe is the former student council prez.
The same person responsible for creating the Mio FC.
I think she is obsessed with Mio... stalker too?
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 07:48   Link #476
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The truth is, Ritsu really would be the best out of the 5 to get a boyfriend first. I mean she is clearly the least popular in general so she could be used to test the waters. Then, the author can slowly ease into the other girls too. Mugi on the other hand might never get a boyfriend if u catch my drift....
Old 2010-04-11, 07:54   Link #477
kitten320

Lol that was slightly unexpected... I always considered the whole Mitsu thingy more of a fan creation, but I think that this chapter had sealed the whole deal.

Mitsu is officially a canon material or something really close. So many jealouse Mio in such short chapter? She had completly freaked out. At firt I though that she would say something about "Ritsu having boyfriend before me", yet none of that came.

This line completly killed me:
"Ritsu-u! Don't do thi-is! Men are animals!"

For someone who is worried that she won't become a wife because that she got in embracing situation to say this? So she never had a guy in mind when talking about marriage? Yep... Mitsu all the way.

I can only imagine what Ritsu and Sogame are talking about with each other.

Really hope that this chapter will get animated.
Old 2010-04-11, 07:57   Link #478
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Who's Sugasabe?
I meant Sogabe, wasn't awake when I read the chapter. ^^;

Quote:
If you mean the one in episode 6, I'm sure that's their first year concert (season 1 spanned TWO years, not one). And she took the pic herself at the time, so I doubt she'd want it off Ritsu as well.

No, this is a pic of Mio eating cake. Probably another one Ritsu made to blackmail Mio with.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 08:02   Link #479
AC730

Sugasabe = Sogabe? Oh wells, still the same person...

The introduction of boyfriends?
I mean characters that are male and actually play a role in the story itself?!
WHAT?! *Blows Mind*

That would be cool~ Plus more antics between Mio and Ristsu :P
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 08:05   Link #480
kitten320

Some more jealouse Mio and Ritsu?
I wouldn't mind^^
And if the guys will be good looking, it will be even better

Tags
comedy, moe, seinen, slice of life