AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-15, 04:16   Link #1761
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
She was just taking a break from stalking. Once the music comes back...stalkers will return...as might the Mio Fanclub.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 04:52   Link #1762
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
T__T the mitsu...t-the mi-tsu...MITSU!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! -killed-

i knew kakifly's gonna give what i want for this chpater. damn, thank you!! Mugi's goggles are dancing again in glee. XDDD I love this chpater, there's jealous mio and insecure ritsu. XDD ahhh..it's good to be alive..

and yey for sokabe. and she's pretty much moved on from mio-fangirlism. that's sad though. i want a stalker scene between them. DX
Seems Kakifly really knows his fans. I also didn't expect a Ritsu character development chapter either. Like Mio, I am fairly surprise with Ritsu taking music issue seriously. A very touching chapter for Mitsu fans.

Sokabe quit being Mio fangirl? That's ridiculous. Kakifly has gone through such length in order to put her back into the manga just for her to quit? I would think twice if I were you.

Then again, why did the author decided to put stalker-chan back into the manga in the first place? Since boyfriend chapter, did he give any reason? An opinion about would be fine as well.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 08:55   Link #1763
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Then again, why did the author decided to put stalker-chan back into the manga in the first place?
Well, it was already established that she's attending the same university. I guess it just made sense to have her appear from time to time.
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 14:22   Link #1764
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Sokabe is much too busy with studies to worry about stalking Mio.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:46   Link #1765
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Gotta admit I much prefer Migi more than Mitsu but not that I don't like Mitsu

Nice little chapter dealing with some nice themes here, not too serious but enough so that it makes it a good read while still being a good old amusing 4-koma.

And don't know if it's just me or has Yui actually gotten more "sexy" for lack of better term(really think of a word to sue here, totally drawing a blank)
I'm not sure what it is but somehow I find myself really like Yui alot more than I did before and I really quite liked her before.
She's still the same old Yui for the most part but I think there is a sense of "maturity" around her at the same time.
I guess the girls in their new setting has finally sunk in and I see them as proper ladies now.....for half the time
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 18:15   Link #1766
kaitok
Inspired Musician
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Afterlife
I totally love this chapter heh. There's so many panels that has Ritsu. But it still itched me a little to think that a little performance at night could bring back Ritsu's confidence. She must have gone through lots of thinking to drop it to that level in the first place, since it's the first time she has self-confidence issues.

But I thought Sokabe's 1 panel appearance made pretty much sense, since technically saying, she's Ritsu's close friend. Who knows if they had their dinner together?
__________________
kaitok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 18:47   Link #1767
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
I totally love this chapter heh. There's so many panels that has Ritsu. But it still itched me a little to think that a little performance at night could bring back Ritsu's confidence. She must have gone through lots of thinking to drop it to that level in the first place, since it's the first time she has self-confidence issues.

But I thought Sokabe's 1 panel appearance made pretty much sense, since technically saying, she's Ritsu's close friend. Who knows if they had their dinner together?
Meguritsu anyone?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 13:32   Link #1768
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Okuda Naoís Background

Since last HS chapter focuses on Sumireís back story, I suspect that next one will focus on Naoís back story. Actually, I have my own theory about her as well. I placed it inside the spoiler tag just in case it happens to be correct.
Spoiler for Possible future spoiler:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 13:45   Link #1769
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
You may want to consider that Nao also has an obsessive personality. She will go over board into something she finds of interest. Such as when she spent days reading every music related book in the school library.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:30   Link #1770
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I wonder.

She seems talented in computers, but until we get some clue what she is doing, we can't confirm if her music talent with a computer is any good.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 17:59   Link #1771
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Nao says this herself, but her lack of talent in sports or other practical activities is counterbalanced by her ability to study. Therefore, whilst we probably haven't seen it yet, it's possible Nao has a high academic proficiency (the subjects she is best at are probably mostly theory-based, such as mathematics and history). This can be seen when she manages to bamboozle Sawako with the music theory knowledge she gained by reading books in the library.
Nao's ability to study and absorb knowledge, though she might not think of it highly, is her talent.
__________________
Uzume Tennouboshi / Orange Heart (Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II)
"Make sure you do a good job with your life's blueprint." - Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:46   Link #1772
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Soooo, she's the Anti-Yui?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 00:38   Link #1773
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
It's interesting that Nao said she had the "best results" with the Light Music Club in light of what is revealed about her abilities. You'd expect her to do even better with the Literature, Science or Computer clubs, for example.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 00:43   Link #1774
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well the Tea & Cake, I mean the Light Music Club is sort of more laid back than most clubs. Even with Azusa running the show.

She's proven to have good hand eye coordination as even though she hit the drumset so hard she knocked the drum stick into the air, she caught it like it was nothing.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 01:06   Link #1775
Afternoon Tea
Senior Member
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well the Tea & Cake, I mean the Light Music Club is sort of more laid back than most clubs. Even with Azusa running the show.

She's proven to have good hand eye coordination as even though she hit the drumset so hard she knocked the drum stick into the air, she caught it like it was nothing.
Laid back is my kinda style , unless your performing! Thats when you use all your enegry you saved up from being so laid back
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:48   Link #1776
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's interesting that Nao said she had the "best results" with the Light Music Club in light of what is revealed about her abilities. You'd expect her to do even better with the Literature, Science or Computer clubs, for example.
Well, she was looking do something different from just studying. Perhaps she found the Literature Club and Occult Club too similar to studying, while there may not be a Science or Computer Club at Sakuragaoka.
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 22:15   Link #1777
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Laid back is my kinda style , unless your performing! Thats when you use all your enegry you saved up from being so laid back
Then you end up like this:
Spoiler:

I find that's it's great to see such a balanced cast of characters (NB: simplified, may be opinionated, and I'm sure everyone is familiar with the older four by now...):
Nao: Proficient in computer use, great at studying and theory-based activities- works and tries hard. Extremely bad at sports and other physical/practical activities (since high school science somewhat emphasises the practical side, she might not be suited to a science club. I could see Nao stuffing up chemical mixtures while she was trying out there, if there is one ).
Sumire: Handles maid tasks well, dutiful. Shy, lacks some common sense (e.g. attempting to remove an entire cupboard full of expensive tea sets by herself).
Azusa: A potentially strong leader. Cynical, shouts alot and easily annoyed.
Ui: Helps others so much that she sometimes forgets about herself.
Jun: Willing to improve. Somewhat lazy, sarcastic and fickle.
__________________
Uzume Tennouboshi / Orange Heart (Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II)
"Make sure you do a good job with your life's blueprint." - Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 23:53   Link #1778
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Quote:
Sumire: Handles maid tasks well, dutiful. Shy, lacks some common sense (e.g. attempting to remove an entire cupboard full of expensive tea sets by herself).
I think that might be from living with Mugi all her life. Mugi is crazy strong for some reason and could probably move that cupboard herself. If only because it would be funny.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 02:17   Link #1779
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Then you end up like this:
Spoiler:

I find that's it's great to see such a balanced cast of characters (NB: simplified, may be opinionated, and I'm sure everyone is familiar with the older four by now...):
Nao: Proficient in computer use, great at studying and theory-based activities- works and tries hard. Extremely bad at sports and other physical/practical activities (since high school science somewhat emphasises the practical side, she might not be suited to a science club. I could see Nao stuffing up chemical mixtures while she was trying out there, if there is one ).
Sumire: Handles maid tasks well, dutiful. Shy, lacks some common sense (e.g. attempting to remove an entire cupboard full of expensive tea sets by herself).
Azusa: A potentially strong leader. Cynical, shouts alot and easily annoyed.
Ui: Helps others so much that she sometimes forgets about herself.
Jun: Willing to improve. Somewhat lazy, sarcastic and fickle.
Balance it may seem, I think the group still lacks charismatic figure like Ritsu which is the essential driving force behind the former HTT. I began to notice that while Uni casts start taking music issues more seriously, HS hasn't been doing much yet. Hack, they haven't decided on the vocal yet. Sorry to say this, but Azusa < Ritsu in terms of motivating the band.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 02:47   Link #1780
kaitok
Inspired Musician
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Afterlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Azusa: A potentially strong leader. Cynical, shouts alot and easily annoyed.
I think Azusa's just in the midst of growing up.... Like... yeh female routines of growing up leads to emotional swings XD Since at the beginning of HS chapter she said that she will start speaking maturely as well, hence her tone changed drastically.

I'm hoping they develop on Jun's character too. Other than her being cranky (and jealous in Anime), I can't really tell much of her character either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Balance it may seem, I think the group still lacks charismatic figure like Ritsu which is the essential driving force behind the former HTT. I began to notice that while Uni casts start taking music issues more seriously, HS hasn't been doing much yet. Hack, they haven't decided on the vocal yet. Sorry to say this, but Azusa < Ritsu in terms of motivating the band.
I can't really imagine any of the 3 senpais being the vocals... X_X I think also probably because of Gang of Girls that made HTT think twice about music... Probably because they face a challenge now, whereas in HS they haven't face much challenge. Or I'll just say... Yui and Ritsu finally grew up when they're about to hit 21 this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Meguritsu anyone?
Ritsu need to stop hitting onto all the girls in this series! XD
__________________
kaitok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, moe, seinen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.