AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-03-27, 08:35   Link #1
SimplyAJ

[Manga] The Future of Arrancar That Turned Good

So, throughout most of the series, we were pretty much informed that "Hollows are bad". Simply because they are driven by hate and sadness, usually. That, and they also eat the souls of humans. There have been incidents in which "humanity" seems to take back over and they gain a slight bit of control (such as Orihime's brother), but usually, the point of their existence in this universe is to be the antagonist ...

... Until we get into the Arrancar arc. That being said, we meet Nel, Pesche, and Dondochakka. All three of them definitely lean more towards the "good" side of the scale as compared to well ... all other arrancar. Not only these three, but we also have Gantenbainne. Granted, he did fight Chad, he also seems to respect him, and he was kept alive for some reason. Whether he turns out to be good or bad in the end, is up to speculation, but, he was kept alive and healed by Unohana, and something just makes him seem like he might "go good".

However, we run into a problem ere. All of these "people" are still Hollows. They didn't get to their levels of power by just existing. They did it like all other Hollow. First eating the souls of humans, and then eventually eating fellow hollow. Whether they are "good" or not now matters not when you think about their pasts and what they still are. Hollow. They have to eat souls to survive. It's in their nature. So does that mean these "Good" Arrancar can actually stay for long in the story? Can they really grow and develope like the rest of the characters? Or must their fate come to an end like the rest of the Hollow encountered?

I would like to hear what people think regarding this. Please post your thoughts on what you believe the future of these characters are. Or if there could be any others like them in the future. Do you think they will be killed? Are they going to stay for good? Will they be "cured" by Kisuke? What are your thoughts on this?
SimplyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 08:57   Link #2
Fran~
floating away...

Rukia stated that the "universe" needs a balance, that's why if Quincys destroyed every hollow, it will be the end of the world because the unbalance.

Humanity will generate hollows forever, because hate and sadness will be always in the nature of some humans, then, the issue here is a balance and that Hollows don't mess with humans (that's the reason for Shinigamis to be).
Old 2009-03-27, 09:04   Link #3
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

She said it herself. She said "We used to be beasts, but now we've regained parts of our human sides." It might have something to do with the fact that she's a masochist, or maybe she wouldn't let go of something and paid for it with her existence. Perhaps she was eaten by a Gillian and took it over due to her incredible spiritual power.

Or maybe she's just from the Sonozaki family like my WMG on TV Tropes says.
Ekul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 09:31   Link #4
kagato3

Also menos level hollows don't eat human souls. They aren't filling enuff. They eat other hollows and even then it is unclear what the Arrancar eat.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 10:39   Link #5
SimplyAJ

Well, it's true that all hollow can't be destroyed because there would be no balance. Good doesn't exist without evil, and vice versa. So I do agree that hollows will be around for ever, and simply need to be kept "in check", but what about the good ones? Is it possible for them to "join" in the fight with Soul Society? Do their zanpaktou help souls move over in the same way that a shinigami's do? Or is it simply for power?

As for what Arrancar eat ... We haven't exactly seen their true lifestyles, but do know that they CAN still eat souls, simply from observing Yammy. (Or is it Yami?) Whether or not this is necessary or not, is yet to be determined, however, if it is the case that they need souls to survive on, would Shinigami simply let the good ones live then?
Old 2009-03-27, 10:45   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Based on the last episode, c46 quote " execute them as if they were normal hollows". As for the rest of SS, I don't really think there would be a problem with the coexistence of shinigami and arrancar, as long as their swords have the ability to cleanse souls-otherwise they would be just as threatening as the Quincy (speaking of which, Ishida should have tipped the balance and destroyed the world till now, he's killed bagillions of hollows all over the world and everyone's ok with it...)
Old 2009-03-27, 10:49   Link #7
X207
Gamyūsa

i think it will turn out to be similar to the vizard. atm the only acknowledged one is berry-tan and the rest are in hiding. if anything the good arrancar might hide like the older vizard. i dont think the whole of SS will accept them BC the history but then again history can evlove to accomodate new changes. the vizard will probablybe left alone for the most part depending on what the vizard will do during the HC invasion.
Old 2009-03-27, 11:02   Link #8
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

yeh i was thinkin taht the good arrancar can start a group like the vizards but exactly how many good ones are there i mean Nell and her two,potentially grimjow iff hes still alive...so who else does that leave
Old 2009-03-27, 12:26   Link #9
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Well once arrancarized IMHO there is no necessity to consume souls or menos .

As the evolution stops up the ladder and down the ladder . Gillian or Adjucas need to constantly consume souls to maintain there evolution and sanity . The reason why I say this is, if further evolution could be achieved by Hybrid menos Noitora would be the likely candidate . As he is devoid of moral issues and a bit of narcissist he would have continued consumption to evolve further or maintain form . Also Aizen's Arrancar army is a hunting ground for high reatsu souls which can further evolution. In the past 'some' Espada have shown no concern or sense belonging to there espada brethren .

The Future of Arrancar That Turned Good most likely they will turn into lone wolves helping Ichigo .But neither being on Ichigo or SS side.
Old 2009-03-27, 12:46   Link #10
jagass

I love the character of Rukia...She's pretty and looks very smart, and the fact that she is fighting for the good side...
Old 2009-03-27, 12:51   Link #11
Uncreativex

I am 100% sure that characters such as Grimmjow, Neliel and her servants, and maybe even the more just espada such as Stark and Halibel will join the good side, hopefully with a relatively big role.
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 16:08   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
I am 100% sure that characters such as Grimmjow, Neliel and her servants, and maybe even the more just espada such as Stark and Halibel will join the good side, hopefully with a relatively big role.
it keeps bugging me that I think Stark,Nel and the other"Good" Arrancar are gonna create a peace thing with Hollows and humans, to make sure nothing ever threatins the balance.
Old 2009-03-27, 16:29   Link #13
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
Well, it's true that all hollow can't be destroyed because there would be no balance. Good doesn't exist without evil, and vice versa. So I do agree that hollows will be around for ever, and simply need to be kept "in check", but what about the good ones? Is it possible for them to "join" in the fight with Soul Society? Do their zanpaktou help souls move over in the same way that a shinigami's do? Or is it simply for power?
I'd like to think that they turn normal souls into hollows. >:3
Old 2009-03-27, 16:30   Link #14
SimplyAJ

There are a couple characters I would like to see turn good. Stark being one of them. Simply because he's so laid back and doesn't seem to have a truly "evil" side. Just follows orders.

Almost makes you wonder if maybe the Vizard will get together with the Arrancar and teach other things. How to control Hollow/Shingami powers better. Or something.
Old 2009-03-27, 16:48   Link #15
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

yeh i'd like for stark and halibel to survive and join team good arrancar but i have a feeling there gonna kill halibel of to make hitsugaya look like hes actually strong
Old 2009-03-27, 16:54   Link #16
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I think the arrancar that seem good just are not with SS but against AIzen, they do not like to be controlled so I won't be surprised if they rebel against Aizen after all is said and done, as they might feel that Hollows are treated as nothing as if they have no say in the matter.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:05   Link #17
Zellie

Assuming they get to stick around long enough, they have a few choices.

The most viable of these, it seems to me, is joining up with another faction, such as the Vizard.

While the Vizard are a fairly closed group, they did try to recruit Ichigo, making it plausible that they would accept other allies as well.

I very much doubt that they will have any kind of alliance with soul society, though. But that's probably connected with my suspision of what'll happen after Aizen is dealt with. (Hint: zero squad and the king)
Old 2009-03-30, 16:02   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I want Stark's story to include years of imprisonment by Aizen and when someone finally kills him, Stark will reclaim the throne of HM and restore balance to the bleach universe!
Old 2009-03-30, 16:52   Link #19
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I want Stark's story to include years of imprisonment by Aizen and when someone finally kills him, Stark will reclaim the throne of HM and restore balance to the bleach universe!
Not balance, chaos, imagine all of SS being taken over by hollow and all shinigami having to go into hiding, hollows plaguing the streets of the human world. Hollows have taken over all of the human, shinigami and hollow world with Stark as king.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 04:13   Link #20
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
i just hope ulquiorra isn't dead and he turns good...hopefully. It'd be pointless if pretty much all the top espada turned good though. Halibel doesn't look like she'll be turning good for some reason. I agree with Endrance's view on what will happen to her. Barragan seems as if he would sooner eat his own balls rather than turn good. Stark...i guess whichever side provides him with a comfy bed will do.

I still want to see the resureccsion of every espada regardless of what side they turn to.
ShinAkuma135 is offline   Reply With Quote