AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 10:53   Link #1
Sciel
Etoilé

Suikoden Tierkreis

Can't seem to find a thread for this so here it is .
Is anyone else playing this game on their DS ? I'm about six hours in and so far its been a fairly amazing experience , for a DS game it looks beautiful ( i feel like i'm playing FF9 ) and im also not sure how they can managed to fit so much voice acting onto a DS game .

Sure its a bit different from your typical suikoden game since there aren't any runes in but nevertheless i'd advise passing it up just simple because of that reason .

On the flipside , some stuff i dislike :
-Battles are waayyyyyyyy too easy
-I hate some character designs (I'm looking at you Dirk , he looks like some caveman).
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:09   Link #2
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

I just got it the other day. And I was a bit hesitant to play because while I LOVED Suikoden 1-3 and 5, I hated 4 with an unhealthy passion.

That said... I did finally start a bit yesterday and well... good God the begining of this game is hard to get through.
The voice acting and its direction is simply attrocious, and well, kind of unforgivable in this day and age. And I should point out, I ussually LOVE english voice acting.
As I've heard others say, The protraginist talks like he's Speed Racer on SPEED.

That, and the 3-d models are just ugly. I really wish developers would stop trying to do 3-d on the DS already. sigh.

Anyways, I'm only in the VERY begining, about 10 minutes, and I hear things (story etc) improve a lot as it goes on, and that the voice acting becomes... tolerable.
But so far, my first impressions are pretty rough.
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:40   Link #3
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
I just finished the game not too long ago (took me around 40 hours) and I'd have to say it's one of the best DS RPGs out there. Once I got into it, I couldn't put the game down. The pre-rendered backgrounds are beautiful and the musical score is my favorite out of all the Suikoden games (despite this being a spin off). The voice acting really kills it, but at least it isn't as bad as the acting on Baten Kaitos.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:22   Link #4
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Played and finished the JP version a while ago, so I didn't have to listen to any horrible voice acting (and in a game like this with so many voices, good thing).
I've never played Suikoden before, so this was my first one, but it was excellent! As satisfying as Tales of Hearts was, and that was a masterpiece...

The only thing I can complain about is the 3-D models... Just... No.

OP/ED themes were beautiful
Lots of animation
Good voice actors (Noto Mamiko, Yahagi Sayuri, Kishio Daisuke, etc)
Story is interesting and has length, and none of that length felt stretched
Likable characters (for the most part)
BGM is... just excellent
And such

Though I guess it is a bit unfortunate that there is no New Game+, so can't really find much motivation for playing it all over again.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote