AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-04-01, 14:38   Link #61
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Looks like half of ichigo's mask is broken ..is he back to normal ?
Old 2009-04-01, 15:03   Link #62
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

One Piece had a pretty convincing April Fool's Day spoiler, I'm glad the Bleach spoiler seems legitimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Looks like half of ichigo's mask is broken ..is he back to normal ?
I think the image of Ichigo w/ half a mask may just be the splash page in the beginning. Doesn't seem like Ichigo actually loses half the mask in the chapter.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 15:23   Link #63
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Looks like another good chapter.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 16:43   Link #64
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post

To echo off on what I read earlier in this thread, what will Ishida do? I believe his character has grown out of that whole "Quincy vs. Shinigami" crap that it all started off, and he views Ichigo as his nakama, even if he is a bit rough around the edges to him. Surely someone with his mental capacity can see what has happened here. I've become an Ishida fan of sorts, he is such an endearing character, someone who although seems to be Ichigo's second, is very cool in his own right, nice to see Kubo show him some love by also putting him in the spot light.
Ishida's much grown from the irresponsible Quincy who called down a storm of hollows to Karakura, just so that he could duel with Ichigo. In a sense, it would be going backwards - and unrealistic - for Ishida to become that angry hothead again. Yet it strikes me that Ishida's often been forced to be the helpless observer in Ichigo's battles. Both in the Byakuya fight and the Ulquiorra fight, he could only worry that Kurosaki might lose (and in so doing, also break Orihime's heart).

Now that Ichigo went over the limit, to the point that he became a danger to his own friends......would Ishida's own desire to protect allow him to rely on Ichigo again? While the personal antagonism may not rekindle, I'm thinking we will see Ishida (and Chad) redouble their efforts to surpass Ichigo's strength post-HM.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 17:44   Link #65
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

The fingernails have spoken yet again! The nails do not lie!

I'm still hoping for Orihime to do something despite the fact this fight is almost over she needs to at least make an attempt at attacking.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 18:48   Link #66
Lendial

this is such a great twist
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 18:50   Link #67
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah true one of better chapters in sometime in terms of plot . No one would have expected Ishida and Ulqi to work indirectly in tandem . I was this excited in Lust Arc when Ichigo sprouted hair : )
Old 2009-04-01, 19:44   Link #68
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Roflmao. Told you guys Ulqi he wasn't going to die. Glad to see Ichigo got semi-owned by his own cero though I doubt it will hurt him.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:27   Link #69
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Still can't believe he is alive
Old 2009-04-01, 20:54   Link #70
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

man, ishida is the real hero here...all woried about IchiThing's humanity

not that shocking that ulq is alive, him dying sans flashback? yeah right. the logics of his survival, however, are missing.

and it's like ichigo and ulq's roles are reversed--i'm starting to see hints of ulq's redemption some people have been adamant about. i've been a tad iffy about it but of course i'm happy as long as i see more ulq.

AND RUKIAA
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 22:11   Link #71
wrenchan

It's not as illogical as it appears. If you look closely at the pic of Demon Ichigo standing over Ulquiorra you can see that the tips of the horns are not aimed at his head, but back a bit at his torso.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Then again, I was rooting for his survival, anyway.
wrenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 22:36   Link #72
Irkalla
I asked for this

YES, I knew he was alive!! HE IS ALIVEEEEEEEEEE! Now I'm curious about what actually happened with that cero from last chapter. I'm still kinda hoping Hime somehow deflected it (ship must sail) but anything would do I guess, as long as he is alive..For now at least. The pic with Ishida getting impaled is drawn magnificently. Gotta love the perspective. And yes, it's antihero like to pick on your friends. But we are all enjoying it right? Plotkai
Old 2009-04-01, 23:24   Link #73
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Apparently even emo-bat has the power of plot-kai on his side for the time being. Considering how Over 9000 Ichigo's cero is, plotkai is the only thing that was able to save emo-bat.
Old 2009-04-02, 00:40   Link #74
Arachne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
I wasn't really thinking about loyality or emotions. I was talking about the feel of superiority (i.e. "a mere human to beat me" attitude) and then joining the inferior party. But you are right, it is a universal cliche.
That would be a good point except Ulq always knew Ichigo was the superior between them. He just assumed that Ichigo's power fluctuations left him too unstable to compete with him. So no I wouldn't say your example is entirely accurate, but I see what you are getting at.

He never considered Goku to be on his level or above him until his intial defeat. At least from what I recall. Ulq was playing head games with Ichigo to justify his own insecurities because Orihime had been systematically breaking down his beliefs in logic > Emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
Anyway, since we have Ulqi as a switching-to-good-party candidate and Nel already being an ally, I don't know which one of them will actually make the switch. I doubt both of them will and Ulqi seems to have stronger chances because of the build-up of "human heart" aspect. I really do hope Nel to switch for good. Ulqi is just too loyal to Aizen but that could be used to surprise us more, no?
We don't know that because few people actually expected Ichigo to become feral. And Nel is already a "good guy". Ulq imo is too much of a wild card to even suggest he's going to turn.
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 01:35   Link #75
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Hah, well he survived (unsurprisingly), well we will have to wait and see for exact details the spoiler makes it sound interesting. Also that scan of Ichigo with half a mask, his human side still looks somewhat sinister and angry, or am I just reading too much into that.
Old 2009-04-02, 05:41   Link #76
kagato3

Grimjow fits the "Vegeta" role far more closely then Ulq. and realy there hasn't been anything that even remotely points to Ulq being redeamable so far. He has been shown to be completely loyal to Azein, a huge sadist, and sees humans as something completely beneth him. He's pretty much raised every shonen karmic death flag there is. If anything I would say Ulq fit the "Freeza" role.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 05:55   Link #77
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ agreed, right now he's just "helping" so that he doesn't die, if he got the upper hand he'd kill them at any given moment.
Old 2009-04-02, 09:03   Link #78
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Grimjow fits the "Vegeta" role far more closely then Ulq. and realy there hasn't been anything that even remotely points to Ulq being redeamable so far. He has been shown to be completely loyal to Azein, a huge sadist, and sees humans as something completely beneth him. He's pretty much raised every shonen karmic death flag there is. If anything I would say Ulq fit the "Freeza" role.
Well to be fair, he's not that bad. Freeza was a monster who destroyed an entire race and then laughed ecstatically about it. Ulq beat the hell out of the main hero, but generally avoids attacking the other characters. He hasn't killed or fatally injured anyone close to the hero (those shinigami guards were fodder and Orihime revived them anyway). And when he does attack, he seems to take no obvious satisfaction from it. He hasn't done anything that I'd consider irredeemable. To me, his role has no DBZ equivalent. He seems much more the aloof type like Uchiha Itachi from Naruto, Shinomori Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin or even Byakuya from this series. These types can be very cruel, but they aren't actually evil at the core.

I don't want to see Ulq or Grimm turn outright good (Bleach is filled to the brim with good guys who never die), but I don't want to see them remain Aizen's lapdogs either. If they live, hopefully, there'll be a way for them to turn away from Aizen, but still cross swords with the good guys sometimes.

Old 2009-04-02, 09:15   Link #79
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I think emo-bat was taking a cheap shot rather than "helping", its the same as punching someone while they're distracted then you gloat about how awesome you are later that you "beat" so and so person.
Old 2009-04-02, 09:50   Link #80
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think emo-bat was taking a cheap shot rather than "helping", its the same as punching someone while they're distracted then you gloat about how awesome you are later that you "beat" so and so person.
True. If Ulq was really a good sport he would've waited until after Ichigo had finished killing his teammate, then attacked.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga