AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-15, 22:30   Link #481
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I find myself a Seika fan. Why? The Kagami relation of course!! Same Seiyu, and the pigtails! We'll see about the personalities though. Seika doesn't seem as Tsundere as Kagami yet (she was somewhat in the game).

IIRC however from the game, Charlotte is the main heroine, I think she had the longest story.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 22:48   Link #482
cyberdemon

Just watched episode 2. I'm loving this show more and more. Loves Charlotte's personality. Quite different from the usual main girl.

Gotta wonder about their choice of censoring though. They make sure to edit out any panty shots with black holes and yet they have no problem with up close shots of a man's ass
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 23:44   Link #483
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I've edited Gleam Streets release of episode 2. Again it's mostly fixing the honorifics and stuff, as well as the odd weird word use.

Get it: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmy2hejyd0z

You'll need to re-mux it into Gleam Streets release, so i've left the file title as it was.

Several times in this episode i felt that Gleam Streets translation was wrong, but as my limited knowledge of japanese was probably playing me up i haven't altered it. If i get a better translation i'll do a v2 of the file.
Old 2009-07-15, 23:47   Link #484
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

BTW has anyone seen the AT-X version of this show & is that version uncensored?
Old 2009-07-16, 00:18   Link #485
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
BTW has anyone seen the AT-X version of this show & is that version uncensored?
someone said in a previous post that it is also censored.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 00:33   Link #486
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Gotta wonder about their choice of censoring though. They make sure to edit out any panty shots with black holes and yet they have no problem with up close shots of a man's ass
May I point out the irony? I would presume your silence as, "yes" and boldly do so. From the fact that you've noticed, I would say Man's ass sell.

Something to forget about that undying visual impression of a man's ass that is left in the mind:

Fanservice is there if one is willing to look beyond the obvious.
Old 2009-07-16, 01:12   Link #487
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think the person who gets the most attention by the public will win, kinda like Shuffle.
Which reminds me, anyone know of an official popularity poll for princess lover? If anything, there have been many instances where they animated the route most popular. While we can't say at this moment that the most popular character's route will be animated, it's still good to look at it in hindsight if princess lover does indeed become another one of those, so this is relevant information lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
the only good thing about this series being 12 episodes is that we will see who is the winner very fast.
Either that or there's no winner at all. Not a lot of harem shows reach a conclusion by 2 cour, let alone just 1.

Even beyond that, for all we know this might be another of those shows (not necessarily harem) in which they're only showing the first part and the second part several cours later, ala Gundam 00, White Album, and Asura Cryin'.

In other words, there's just too much we don't know and too many possible paths they can take that it basically renders any prediction NOW as just mere speculation (and yes, that includes any sort of claim that so-and-so heroine is an auto-win). This is even more poignant in this case, since so far, Princess Lover seems to be straying from the norm...

As for the censoring part golthin, my biggest peeve in first episode was that they only censored half the panty shots. At least they learned their lesson and censored all the panty shots in eps 2, but then again, there really was only one scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She's more like the childhood friend character, and we all know how that turns out.
Do you really want to get me started?
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 01:23   Link #488
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um
Spoiler for censor:
Old 2009-07-16, 01:34   Link #489
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Not gonna happen until DVD release comes out, since all broadcast channels are censored.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 01:34   Link #490
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Probably only by buying the DVD-s later or something like that.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 01:41   Link #491
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sigh

well gotta make more saving damn this is hurting mga bi monthly allowance >_<
Old 2009-07-16, 02:42   Link #492
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
May I point out the irony? I would presume your silence as, "yes" and boldly do so. From the fact that you've noticed, I would say Man's ass sell.

Something to forget about that undying visual impression of a man's ass that is left in the mind:

Fanservice is there if one is willing to look beyond the obvious.
Sorry to jump beyond the topic of this post, but I found Charlotte's face in that scene hilarious. She looked so happy at the result of her actions.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 03:30   Link #493
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think the person who gets the most attention by the public will win, kinda like Shuffle.
This has got to be the funniest post i've read all week. No offense.

But if you believe that, oh boy.
Old 2009-07-16, 03:57   Link #494
Wrath88
Kissing...

I agree with Shiroth... ROFL over that statement.

Meh, just wait and see... but waiting is painful.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:24   Link #495
Johnny
Working the bags...

Go for the bigger shock, set him up with one of Seika's henchwomen. Preferably the green haired one, she looks like shes Seika's outlet for her anger...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 05:46   Link #496
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sigh and more sigh.............

i just wish the dvd version would be worth the buy heheehhehe
Old 2009-07-16, 05:58   Link #497
kalbron

... it always surprises me how much people whine about censorship. If you want boobies and panties that badly, google for hentai already.

Anyone else notice that the three available subs are all markedly different in their translations of important things that were said?

Edit: As far as I can tell given my pathetic Japanese... it at least feels like Gleam and the first release have a more accurate translation of things that were said. In the Hitode subs several lines seem to contradict what the previous speaker had said only a second beforehand. Like when Seika gives her proper introduction, Gleam's translation says that she's implying Teppei should know who she is, whereas Hitode says "Remember that!" making it seem like a normal introduction. However the next line has Teppei saying "I just transfered in..." and green-hair asking how he doesn't know about her Seika-sama which makes no sense at all using the Hitode translation, but fits perfectly with the Gleam one.

Edit2: In addition in the later scene where Seika is told that Teppei is an Arima, the Gleam translation has her implying that she wouldn't have given Teppei the time of day if she'd known his identity and that she won't bow down to an Arima. Yet the Hitode one implies that she's seriously regretting having treated Teppei in a rude manner because he's an Arima... yet she still won't bow down to him. It doesn't really seem to logically fit imo.

Last edited by kalbron; 2009-07-16 at 06:57.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 06:53   Link #498
MumSaidImSpecial

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
... it always surprises me how much people whine about censorship. If you want boobies and panties that badly, google for hentai already.

Anyone else notice that the three available subs are all markedly different in their translations of important things that were said?
AoShen or Hitode which would you prefer??
MumSaidImSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 07:00   Link #499
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MumSaidImSpecial View Post
Given Gleam's translation seemed like a more grammatically correct version of AoShen's overall, definitely the former over the latter.

I don't know which is more correct, but Hitode's just makes the show seem illogical.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 07:06   Link #500
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Is it just me or did he seem more bothered by the fact he drooled all over the maid vs where he did all the drooling.
I found that funny as well. Never mind the large breast I was sleeping on, I drooled. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Probably only by buying the DVD-s later or something like that.
They sure know how to market, right? haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MumSaidImSpecial View Post
Gleam for me.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen