AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2009-07-22, 10:17   Link #801
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
it's been mentioned before, but this series IS 'princess' lover after all

not saber lover or sword lovers or maid lover or rich school girls lover

we're given a pretty big hint already
Seems 2 out of the 3 novel adaptions didn't get the hint than.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:18   Link #802
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thing is though, just because its an eroge adaptation does not necessarily make it a harem anime. Vast majority of eroge adaptations only really show one or two heroines as romantically interested in the protagonist... in here, it's obvious Charlotte and Sylvia has some sort of feelings for Teppei from day 1, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they're prepping Seika to be the same, and you can bet dollars to donuts that Yuu will follow later.

And to be quite frank, the way they're handling Princess Lover right now with an almost equal attention to all heroines as possible follows more the typical harem anime. Just like To Heart 2 (and more recently Tears to Tiara before I actually dropped the stupid show lol), the way they're handling it is NOT of your typical eroge adaptation. I mean, sure it can be another Shuffle that actually has a resolution within its own harem, but I highly doubt it as like TH2, they only have one cour to wrap everything up.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:19   Link #803
kostiakot

I am looking forward to watching the anime.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:21   Link #804
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
3 episodes so far...and if i were to say who has the highest chance to get teppei's heart, it'll be sylvia...charlotte is fine with me from the previous episodes, but i kinda not liking her anymore because of so many obvious reasons...i think she's a bit too much, knowing that the guy is already engaged...she may be innocent but that isn't a proper way for a lady to act (in her case, well, is she really a princess?)...but if she'll change back to her usual cool self, then i'll certainly have no problem with her snatching teppei from sylvia...

which brings me back to the resolution of the fight scene between sylvie and teppei...that guy is really something telling her that they should know each other more and try not to disobey their parents wishes...though it still sounded conditional, they're still giving their arranged engagement a try...and that gives sylvie an edge since it'll be a bit hard for other girls to convince Teppei to drop the engagement...

so yeah...as long as teppei and sylvie are okay with each other's company, then other girls will have difficulty to get him...

i also liked sylvie's reactions to charlotte's teases...though she's the fiancée, she's not over reacting like other girls from other animes...her reactions appeared as though she knows her place, that they're really not that into deep emotional attachment yet, to be reacting like a very jealous girlfriend...

and teppei's reactions to charlotte's...well...not extraordinary...his reactions are very common for a guy...

so as i see it, sylvie and teppei is still good...for now...hehe...

You know I agree I do think Silvie has a good shot. For one thing I'm suprise that they didn't cancel the engagement because it's one trump card that Silvie has over the others. It's something that can be used later on as they find out that their quite a fit together as their parents themselves said and end up accepting each other as lovers. If they did canceled it Silvie would have had a big disadvantage to Charlotte since she was the first girl introduce and those girls often tend to win.

As of right now I see it as 50/50 between either Charlotte and Silvie.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:31   Link #805
satomianzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That is not what he said (about not disregarding their parents wishes) - He said it is their (his and Sylvia's) choice to make, but he indeed suggests giving it a try before disregarding it. In short, he is willing to give it a try, simply because there is nothing to say the outcome can't be good. Drop it after you have tried and found out it didn't work, not before actually trying and claiming it doesn't work. Which, in my opinion, is a much more mature and admirable stance than going ahead with it because of wishes of someone else.
yeah, you have a point there...my words came out with a very different meaning...

its still their choice and decision to make...kinda amazed at how teppei added that they should not go against their parents immediately...so yeah, give their engagement a try...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:42   Link #806
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

I never trust titles and sometime they are misleading on purpose.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:02   Link #807
satomianzaki

Quote:

yeah, but if i have no idea that charlotte is a princess before, i wouldn't want to think that she is one...you see, maybe she looks like a princess (with her matching tiara on) but doesn't really act like one especially in the last episode...her actions are, well, do they teach that to a princess? what???!!! but i have nothing against her, kinda confused about her character though that the animators kinda degrade it? she's very cool and bubbly the first two epis...but she's still likeable though...so she's still okay for me...

and since this anime is based on ero something, maybe that explains it...hehe...

saber, ahem, sylvie on the other hand, is really consistent with her stature...she really looks like a noble...and acts like one, as she's very reserved...

so eventhough the series is called princess lover, the "princess" word could have hidden meanings to it...

but i do think, that we have different levels of princesses here...
charlotte - true princess...not your traditional but a very modern one since she's too liberated...

sylvia - knightly noble with exceptional skills in swordsmanship...but we'll never know, maybe she is also a princess with that mysterious pendant of hers...hehe...

seika - idol/model...in modern times, that will be kinda synonymous to a princess?

yuu - an outstanding maid indeed...but who knows, she could be our modern cinderella...going from rags to riches...

so i think, all we can do is to speculate...since we have incomplete knowledge about the script of this anime...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2009-07-22 at 11:05. Reason: ...
Old 2009-07-22, 11:25   Link #808
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That is not what he said (about not disregarding their parents wishes) - He said it is their (his and Sylvia's) choice to make, but he indeed suggests giving it a try before disregarding it. In short, he is willing to give it a try, simply because there is nothing to say the outcome can't be good. Drop it after you have tried and found out it didn't work, not before actually trying and claiming it doesn't work. Which, in my opinion, is a much more mature and admirable stance than going ahead with it because of wishes of someone else.
I agree with your points here, but I'm not sure he actually said the decision is "theirs." I thought he said it was his. "Sentaku suru no wa, ore da," is what I think he said: "The one who makes the decision is me." There is a chance I'm mis-hearing and it's "orera," which would be "we," but a strange (and interesting) way of saying it, since it's the "ore," masculine informal (and rather tough) pronoun. Maybe someone with better Japanese can confirm or deny? It's at about three minutes.

Continues to be a superior harem show. Strong and sensible hero. Four good heroines. Charlotte is irresistibly charming. Sylvie is a good person. Yuu is my favorite, if I have one, with her quick intelligence, closeness to Teppei, and devotion to her job. And Seika will seem more attractive as her feelings turn. Anyway, Katou Emiri is doing a nice job with her voice.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:26   Link #809
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Seems 2 out of the 3 novel adaptions didn't get the hint than.
heh, at least one of them got the hint, that's all that matters... so where's the victory parade for charlotte?
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:28   Link #810
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I kinda also see Yuu a sister type..
Old 2009-07-22, 11:39   Link #811
satomianzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
heh, at least one of them got the hint, that's all that matters... so where's the victory parade for charlotte?
the third release of the VN with Sylvie as the heroine again...but you know it could be the result of the victory of the second VN with charlotte as the main girl...can that qualify as a victory gift for charlotte instead?

hehe...just kidding...based from the VN releases, i think, sylvie is a little bit ahead of popularity compared with the other girls...

but maybe the second one with Charlotte is on the way...so who knows...hehe...

peace...
Old 2009-07-22, 11:58   Link #812
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
hehe...just kidding...based from the VN releases, i think, sylvie is a little bit ahead of popularity compared with the other girls...
Sylvie FTMFW
Old 2009-07-22, 12:59   Link #813
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Thing is though, just because its an eroge adaptation does not necessarily make it a harem anime. Vast majority of eroge adaptations only really show one or two heroines as romantically interested in the protagonist... in here, it's obvious Charlotte and Sylvia has some sort of feelings for Teppei from day 1, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they're prepping Seika to be the same, and you can bet dollars to donuts that Yuu will follow later.

And to be quite frank, the way they're handling Princess Lover right now with an almost equal attention to all heroines as possible follows more the typical harem anime. Just like To Heart 2 (and more recently Tears to Tiara before I actually dropped the stupid show lol), the way they're handling it is NOT of your typical eroge adaptation. I mean, sure it can be another Shuffle that actually has a resolution within its own harem, but I highly doubt it as like TH2, they only have one cour to wrap everything up.
Thing is, eroge adoptions tend to go like this: Pick one of the game routes as the "main" one whose ending it will follow, take all the other routes and add their content along the way (Which may or may not be blended well in overall feel, often resulting in what we call "arcs" because it tends to be clear on whose heroine's path content they are focusing at the moment - see Kanon) and finish off with your selected "main path". There is nothing atypical about how Princess Lover is handling the story thus far - the focus is always evenly split during early parts of the story, so you get a good feel of each character before you advance on a specific heroines path, where other characters may or may not loose much of their screentime.

Princess lover isn't really unusual in terms of story or presentation when compared to your typical eroge (Not sure about To Heart 2, haven't played that, TtT doesn't have multiple endings), but i don't believe there is anything to suggest this won't follow the usual eroge-turned-anime trend of having a conclusive ending, much less such a possibility being high. It is more of a matter what the source is, rather than what it might "feel" like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I agree with your points here, but I'm not sure he actually said the decision is "theirs." I thought he said it was his. "Sentaku suru no wa, ore da," is what I think he said: "The one who makes the decision is me." There is a chance I'm mis-hearing and it's "orera," which would be "we," but a strange (and interesting) way of saying it, since it's the "ore," masculine informal (and rather tough) pronoun. Maybe someone with better Japanese can confirm or deny? It's at about three minutes.
Indeed, but i don't think there was any specific meaning behind the words - she asked 'him' as a person, so he responded for himself. I am fairly certain she would be just as capable of canceling it as he, and the wording didn't carry any specific meanings. After all, it doesn't really work if one says "no"

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-07-22 at 13:16.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 13:02   Link #814
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Hasn't anyone remember the reason the game was called Princess Lover was because 2 of the 4 girls are real Princesses?

(Hint: The popular ones)
Old 2009-07-22, 13:03   Link #815
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
No it is "ore da", You're correct. But the question posed by Sylvia is "Because you can't go against your parents?" Not we. So we really don't know if Sylvia can break it off. But i think we can make the assumption.

Quote:
the third release of the VN with Sylvie as the heroine again...but you know it could be the result of the victory of the second VN with charlotte as the main girl...can that qualify as a victory gift for charlotte instead?

but maybe the second one with Charlotte is on the way...so who knows...hehe...

peace...
How do you have two VN's of one character? Wouldn't it be the same story being told twice? Or is one a continuation of the other?

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-07-22 at 15:14. Reason: Grammar
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 13:15   Link #816
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Hasn't anyone remember the reason the game was called Princess Lover was because 2 of the 4 girls are real Princesses?

BTW, those of you who have already played the game:
What's Seika's family background like? She is sitting on such a high horse that she has to be the daughter of an emperor or something
Old 2009-07-22, 14:40   Link #817
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

I think it gets its title because the girls can be classified as such. A girl doesn't have to be of noble blood or anything to be referred to as a princess. All of them but Yuu fit the bill. Yuu is in for balancing and for those who prefer her type of character. It was a game after all, and to sell a game you have to market to the right audience.
Old 2009-07-22, 15:10   Link #818
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Sylvie FTMFW
watching two tortoises having intercourse is more interesting then that saber clone will ever be.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 15:12   Link #819
SeaDoor

The opening scenes in the first two episodes really got my hopes up that this
series might be a bit different. The third episode didn't hook me as strongly.

I can appreciate the Saber impression people have because in certain shots of
Charlotte, I am reminded of Shirley from Code Geass.

Is there something "off" about how honorifics are used in this show? A number
of the characters seem to freely use given names. Were Sylvia and Charlotte
good friends prior to Teppei joining the school? Charlotte seems to use the
nickname "Sylvie" from the start and Sylvia doesn't seem to mind.

For me, Charlotte's playfulness seems to be somewhat aggressive rather than
just good-natured air-headedness. I kind of wish they would tone that down
a little. Also, she seems to be very good at pushing other characters' buttons
while appearing innocent. She certainly knew how to provoke Sylvia at the
end of the second episode and she did take control of Teppei in the aftermath
of the rescue.

Where in the heck are the security people?!? In the first episode we have
Teppei's parents, a TV report on the increase in attacks on wealthy
people and the near successful attempt on Charlotte. Perhaps Grandfather
should talk to the head maid at the Sanzenin estate about loaning a couple
of security details.

I am confused as to what the writers are thinking for Seika and her
posse. For a principal in the Social Club where etiquette is suppose to be
important, Seika seems to be unfamiliar with the word. So far these three
have been impolite and crass violating not just a couple of etiquette rules
but whole chapters. Miss Manners would not approve. Oh, and Seika, what do
you expect to accomplish by demanding a party from Teppei? You've now
engaged the resources of the Von Hossens, the Hazelrinks and the Arimas in
your little personal feud. Nice thinking.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 15:34   Link #820
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [thousandmaster] View Post
Teppei in my opinion will do what his mother did. His mother chose someone that is not in the upper class and settle with a normal person (Teppei's father) In Teppei's case, that person would be Yuu.
I am sooo trying to resist spoiling the endings to you right now.

Whomever Teppei chooses will have nothing to do with social class. You know... expectations and all that.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-07-22 at 15:51.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen